The Education Forum

Vanity Fair article on Jack Worthington

Dawn, who are you to label Jack Worthington a "crackpot"? And based on what?

You can bet your XXX that Bobby Baker said that and that it is the truth! Sorry to dissapoint you. I have proof too!

You said and I quote: "The DNA from his family proved that the husband was his darn father."

Please give me your proof that this DNA test was done........ A link to an article maybe?

Also, please specify the other "crackpots" that came down the pike that I believe? The main witnesses that I believe are Chauncey Holt, Tosh Plumlee, Judyth Baker and James Files! Which of those are crackpots in your opinion and why?

BTW, I am smoking nothing that gives me hallucinations. You?

Wim

You may have "proof " that Bobby Baker said something but you have no proof that JFK ever said such to Baker.

The DNA test is referred to in the article here on the forum. That Douglas posted. DId you not read it?

The "crackpot" to whom I am referreing is Files. And no I am not smoking or hallucinating.

Your comments on Marilyn Bobby and JFK are not worthy of comment. (Lucky for you you can't defame the dead).

End of discussion for me.

Dawn

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have "proof " that Bobby Baker said something but you have no proof that JFK ever said such to Baker.

The DNA test is referred to in the article here on the forum. That Douglas posted. DId you not read it?

The "crackpot" to whom I am referreing is Files. And no I am not smoking or hallucinating.

Your comments on Marilyn Bobby and JFK are not worthy of comment. (Lucky for you you can't defame the dead).

Dawn

You wrote:

The DNA from his family proved that the husband was his darn father.

Please give me quote to where the article says that. Maybe I missed something, or maybe you did? I don't recall reading about a DNA comparison with his family's DNA. But if such a DNA test was done and it proved what you said it proved, than you've got me over.

Files a crackpot? 10 million viewers in Japan last february 21 didn't think so ....

Oh well, you can't win them all .......

I realize you idolize JFK, and blind yourself for his less marvelous virtues, but that doesn't make truth untrue, only inconvenient.

Don't watch this film then, especially not if you want to blame it on Bobby Baker only:

http://www.offthefence.com/content/programme.php?ID=431

"End of discussion" is usually a sign of weakness.

Wim

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

Dawn

You wrote:

Please give me quote to where the article says that. Maybe I missed something, or maybe you did? I don't recall reading about a DNA comparison with his family's DNA. But if such a DNA test was done and it proved what you said it proved, than you've got me over.

Files a crackpot? 10 million viewers in Japan last february 21 didn't think so ....

I realize you idolize JFK, and blind yourself for his less marvelous virtues, but that doesn't make truth untrue, only inconvenient.

Don't watch this film then, especially not if you want to blame it on Bobby Baker only:

Wim

'JFK Love Child': Now I Don't Want To Know

Jack Worthington Says His Quest to Know If JFK Is His Biological Father Has Ruined His Life

By BRIAN ROSS, ANNA SCHECTER and MADDY SAUER

ABC NEWS

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=4408596&page=1

March 7, 2008—

The man who told ABC News and numerous other media outlets that he might be the love child of John F. Kennedy now says his quest for the truth has ruined his life and he no longer wants his DNA tested against that of the former president.

Jack Worthington II, who is featured in an exclusive broadcast interview on tonight's "20/20," is standing by his story that his mother told him his father is JFK, but says that if his mother lied, "at a minimum she is emotionally disturbed, if not criminally liable in my view," he wrote in an e-mail to ABC News earlier this week.

Watch the full investigation tonight on "20/20" at 10 p.m. ET.

Worthington, who is featured in a lengthy article in this week's Vanity Fair magazine, told ABC News that four years ago his mother told him that he is the late president's son.

"I lived my whole life believing in one thing, and then all of a sudden, the blocks have been thrown up into the air," he said.

During the illness, which would eventually lead to the death of the father that raised him, Jack Worthington Sr., Worthington says he wanted to test himself and his children for the genetic disease that his father carried.

"'Mom, we should, everybody should be tested,'" he says he told his mother. "She says, 'Jack, that's not important; you don't have to do that. Your father isn't Jack Worthington. It's John Kennedy,'" Worthington recounts.

Vanity Fair editor David Friend spent almost a year investigating Worthington's claim.

"Well there was this notion that what sort of person would out their own parent unless there was something to back it up?," Friend told ABC News. "And secondly, it seemed sort of the holy grail of journalism." As Friend pointed out, JFK was known for his wandering eye.

In fact, author Laurence Leamer, who has written three books on the Kennedys, said even he was surprised by the number of women that the former president bedded.

"When I began my research, I thought all this stuff about JFK's sex life was exaggerated," Leamer said. "But I'm just amazed at how many women there were. He really was a sexual addict."

Jack Worthington II was born on Nov. 22, 1961, ironically two years to the day that JFK would be assassinated. His birth date also means that he would have had to have been conceived during Kennedy's first few months in office. When asked if this was really credible, that JFK would have had an affair with a woman who lived in Texas during those crucial first months of his administration, Worthington said he hadn't considered it.

"Oh, I don't know, I have no idea," he said. "We didn't talk about that," he added.

But when ABC News went through the official daily appointment schedule of JFK's first three months in office, it is clear that JFK never visited Texas during that time, and he almost never left Washington, D.C.

Worthington claims that he has no interest in a piece of the Kennedy estate or in fame or notoriety.

"As far as fame, I don't really have any need for fame," he said. "I don't have that personal drive, desire in me."

Yet in this month's Vanity Fair he appears in a photo spread shot by one of Jacqueline Kennedy's favorite photographers, Harry Benson, who has shot numerous past presidents and Caroline Kennedy's wedding.

Worthington says he approached Vanity Fair under the conditions that he would go public if the magazine performed DNA testing.

"From my perspective, that's really what I need out of this project," he said.

The Kennedy family was not interested in cooperating with this project, but the magazine did obtain some hair samples believed to have been swept from the floor of Peter Lawson's home after JFK received a haircut there. They compared the samples to Worthington's; no match. While the tests are not definitive, they do suggest non-paternity, said Friend.

And more troubling evidence. Friend soon discovered a yearbook picture of Jack Worthington Sr., who looked very similar to Jack Jr.

Then following the ABC interview and on the eve of the Vanity Fair publication date, Worthington's family spoke out. They released a statement saying that Jack Worthington's claims are "unequivocally false and have been fabricated."

But Worthington's own response is that he is telling the truth and that he will "proceed with criminal charges against her for willfully and maliciously misleading me regarding my paternity."

ABC NEWS

But Worthington's own response is that he is telling the truth and that he will "proceed with criminal charges against her [HIS OWN MOTHER] for willfully and maliciously misleading me regarding my paternity."

Doug, since you are Worthington's lawyer, will you be assisting him in the "criminal charges" he is threatening against his elderly mother?

Will Mrs. Worthington's trial on the charge of "misleading her son" be televised live around the world on CNN?

What is the maximum sentance a court can award for the crime of "Misleading Jack Worthington" ?

Dawn

You wrote:

Wim

Hey Wim, maybe you can sue Dawn for prematurely ending the discussion.

I'll just bet that Doug Caddy will represent you.

ABC NEWS

But Worthington's own response is that he is telling the truth and that he will "proceed with criminal charges against her [HIS OWN MOTHER] for willfully and maliciously misleading me regarding my paternity."

Doug, since you are Worthington's lawyer, will you be assisting him in the "criminal charges" he is threatening against his elderly mother?

Will Mrs. Worthington's trial on the charge of "misleading her son" be televised live around the world on CNN?

What is the maximum sentance a court can award for the crime of "Misleading Jack Worthington" ?

I'm still waiting for this guy to flash that "unmistakable" Kennedy smile.

Show me the "teeth."

My goodness.....

but this will not solve Dallas nor our loss of Democracy since.

Next.

I think Doug started this thread to give us a few lighthearted moments, a break from reality, so to speak.

all work, Jack, and no play?

• 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Robert Morrow

Wiki article on Jack Worthington (born 11/22/61), who I do believe is the son of John Kennedy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Worthington

From Wiki:

1) Genetic experts agree that the statistical probability of Jack Worthington Sr being the natural father of Jack Worthington, II is 0%, based on the eye color combinations of Worthington's father (brown), mother (brown), and grandparents (3 brown – 1 blue). Worthington's eye color is hazel (blue green), the same color as JFK. Worthington also has the same appearance as JFK. Worthington is approximately the same height, weight, hair color, eye color, facial and body type as JFK, materially different from Jack Worthington Sr. JFK researchers who know Worthington also confirm a striking similarity in personality. Worthington's DNA has been traced by experts to the Wexford area of Ireland where the Kennedy family originates. Worthington's mother has refused to provide Jack Worthington, Sr’s DNA for testing, which would immediately resolve important paternity questions for the public. Worthington's mother refused to speak to Vanity Fair during their research, neither confirming nor denying the question of paternity, or her relationship with JFK.

2)

In 2006, it was discovered that Worthington's presumed and near-bedridden father, Jack Worthington Sr, had a terminal genetic illness, Alpha-1 Deficiency, which would eventually claim his life. Upon Jack Worthington II pressing his mother for the urgent need to test all family members, including his twin daughters, his mother, Mary Evelyn Bibb Worthington, confided to him that neither he nor his children would have to be tested because his natural father was John F. Kennedy, not Jack Worthington Sr. On February 7, 2008, it was reported that Vanity Fair magazine had been investigating for the past 18 months whether an unidentified man may be the illegitimate son of John F. Kennedy. On February 13, 2008, The Globe and Mail reported that the man under investigation was Jack Worthington, and that he would not claim to be the son of John F. Kennedy without 100% positive DNA evidence. That DNA evidence is still lacking. In a statement he read to the Globe and Mail, Worthington said, "Part of [Vanity Fair's] research focuses on my mother's paternal family and their history as lifelong political allies of [Lyndon Johnson] in South Texas. That research is related to the rise of LBJ and fall of JFK, which is an extraordinarily sensitive topic to Americans, so caution and analytical rigour are extremely important." In response to the publication of the Vanity Fair article, an unnamed, anonymous group claiming to be part of Worthington's family, issued a statement denying that Worthington was the son of Kennedy or that Worthington's mother, Mary Evelyn Bibb, had ever met Kennedy or Johnson. This anonymous report also stated Worthington's biological father is Jack Rodney Worthington. Worthington's mother, Mary Evelyn Bibb Worthington, has never personally made a public statement at any time, on any aspect of the matter.

Vanity Fair's genetic testing was initially limited because President Kennedy's DNA could not be obtained. After extensive search efforts, authentic and certified DNA was located at the National Archives and agreement was reached for testing. Soon after, Vanity Fair assigned security personnel for Worthington and a leading public relations firm was engaged. Vanity Fair then made a courtesy call to Senator Ted Kennedy. One week later, Vanity Fair advised Worthington the article would not proceed.