The Education Forum

Will Barack Obama be Assassinated?

Opinions...

Obama successor will become dictator, controlled by establishment.

Jack

And verily I say that ye shall know these things are happening when the sky starts falling.

But Obama will not be elected. He and <expletive deleted>Clinton will split the opposition vote. McCain by a landslide.

The fix is in. Four more years of mismanagement. But at least McCain is not moronic.

Jack

By Mod: Removed offensive word, replaced it with Clinton.

THERE WAS NO EXPLETIVE IN THIS POSTING. Mind your own business, Aussie.

Jack

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opinions...

Jack

And verily I say that ye shall know these things are happening when the sky starts falling.

But Obama will not be elected. He and <expletive deleted>Clinton will split the opposition vote. McCain by a landslide.

The fix is in. Four more years of mismanagement. But at least McCain is not moronic.

Jack

THERE WAS NO EXPLETIVE IN THIS POSTING. Mind your own business, Aussie.

Jack

I removed an offensive word, Jack. The phrase removed was "the *$#@*" and I replaced it with "Clinton".

"*$#@*" in the previous sentance is a swear word, which has one meaning of a female dog.

I did not use the term "Clinton" (Bill? Hillary? Chelsea?) but a word which many use for one

of the candidates. This is a common US term. Australian Burton has CHANGED

THE MEANING of what I wrote. I DID NOT REFER TO ANY CLINTON. I could come

up with a term for Burton, but it too would be censored.

Jack

John has made it clear that students read these forums, and he does not want any offensive terms on them.

If John decides that the word/s do NOT fall within the intended policy, I am more than happy to restore them.

If you will recall, I had to change some of my own posts because I used a term which I thought was quite inoffensive was considered swearing in the UK.

Ditto above. I’m glad that you seem to be acknowledging that you quoted Lennon out of context i.e. ‘I was wrong but “Len Colby has… blown it all out of proportion”’

Again the Colbyized version, i.e. "you seem to be saying, you seem to be insinuating, you seem to be acknowledging...." What I actually acknowledged amounted to this:

Colby misspoke again and he has blown it all out of proportion trying vainly to prove something he can't.

The problem is you frequently resort to Hoganobabble, making vauge statements that imply things but don’t say them out right or using expressions in unorthodox ways such as conflating ‘excerpting’ with ‘quoting out of context’. Similarly saying a person has ‘blown something out proportion’ acknowledges what they are saying is correct but they have place undue importance on it. If you use phrases improperly you can’t blame others for misunderstanding you.

blow something out of (all) proportion

to behave as if something that has happened is much worse than it really is. They had a minor argument in a restaurant but the press have blown it out of all proportion, speculating about divorce.

See also: blow

Cambridge International Dictionary of Idioms © Cambridge University Press 1998

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/blow+out+of+proportion

American Heritage Dictionary

Idiom(s):

blow out of proportion

To make more of than is reasonable; exaggerate.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/blo...of%20proportion

See also http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...17101343AAoGfmz

So do be a good chap and see if you can find an example of someone using the phrase ‘blow out of proportion’ to refer to something they believed to be untrue.

Funny you made a big deal about me supposedly misquoting you, then when I proved you wrong you said I’ve “blown it all out of proportion” meanwhile you continue to make a big deal about various supposed slights I’ve made against you

Just for the record, it's you that made a big deal out of it considering how many times you've brought it up with little or no response from me. One of these days I'll go back and fetch all the times you've repeated variations of "Hogan claims I misquoted him" on unrelated threads. Each time you do, you fail to provide a citation.

No citation eh? I’ll make a deal/wager with you –

If I can cite a case where...

• I quoted your exact words shortly after you made them,
  • you accused me of misquoting you,
  • I provided a link to the post where your quote came from and
  • I recently bumped the thread where the above happened

...you quit the forum. If I can’t I quit. We can put money on this as well if you wish. We should make it enforceable by the moderators. Please accept and wager a large amount of money on this.

In another thread Michael Hogan wrote
Recently Len Colby has indicated more than once that he believed I was lying,

And other members of the forum have indicated the same about me, and other members have said the same about other members. It seems the rule as interpreted by the mods is that the use of the word xxxx and variants (lying, lie, lied) are forbidden but saying you don’t think another member was being truthful using other words is allowed. I didn’t believe you were being truthful.

Who said anything about it being against the rules? Who said anything about other members? Or moderators? As usual, you want to ignore or shift the point.

Your favourite defense for many of the distasteful things you do is simply claim others have done it too.

The rules here are an objective standard, 'distasteful’ is a subjective one. Years back the couple sitting in the booth behind me (in a restaurant) thought it was ‘distasteful’ that I had a black girlfriend; I found their racist comments distasteful. The point I was making is that you operate by a double standard, behavior common on this forum only seems to warrant your approbation when I do it. Your objections are also hypocritical because you’ve “indicated more than once” you thought I was being dishonest. I don’t find such accusations distasteful IF the person making them can back it up.

Edited by Len Colby

I know it's unlikely any member has made it this far, or cares in the least about the sparring I've done with Len Colby. Obviously, it's a personal thing between the two of us. I'm growing bored of his lightweight approach and limited mindset. I'm growing weary of correcting his claims, too often made without quoting me. But more importantly, my exchanges with Colby are not in the spirit of John's vision when he started this Forum. In the future I'm going to make an effort to refrain from engaging in so many of these endless backs & forth with Len Colby. I'm going to begin responding to him with John Simkin's statement and let Colby spin it any way he wants.

I am also sorry that members of the forum stop posting because of the presence of people like Len Colby and Tim Gratz. However, I will not ban them from this forum because I will not resort to the methods of right and left-wing dictatorships.

If you (or John) think “members of the forum stop posting because of” you should provide evidence to that effect. John however seems to be saying (to an extent atleast) that it is their problem. He also said

The idea that “forum has been taken over by Lamson, Burton and Colby” is ridiculous. Only one is a moderator and anyone who reads the “political conspiracies” section will no that I rarely agree with Craig and Len about anything. However, they always behave in a courteous manner and have never needed to be put on moderation.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=120899

I don’t remember any snide or sarcastic remarks from you about John using ‘no’ instead of ‘know’, nor do I expect any to be forthcoming. Now of course if I’d made such an error…

And as long as we are bringing up comments others have made about us, I quite enjoyed this one.

Len, you and I have had our differences in the past, but I do want to compliment you on the improved format and readability of your posts. Much simpler to follow and easier on the eyes.

Another essential contribution from the Wackford Squeers of the Education Forum.

My God you do have a sharp tongue Paul.

[…]

The British Library reports that headmaster William Shaw was the model for Dickens' hateful character. In 1823, Shaw had been prosecuted for beatings and neglect that led to the blinding of two of his pupils.

Wikipedia is similarly unflattering:

A cruel, one-eyed, Yorkshire schoolmaster. He runs “Dotheboys Hall”, a place where unwanted children can be sent away. He mistreats the boys horribly, whipping them regularly. He gets his comeuppance at the hands of Nicholas when he is beaten in retaliation for the whipping of Smike. He travels to London after he recovers and partakes in more bad business, fulfilling his grudge against Nicholas by becoming a close partner in Ralph’s schemes to fake Smike’s parentage and later to hide the will of Madeline Brey. He is arrested during the last of these tasks and sentenced to transportation to Australia.
It's a side of Michael Hogan I have yet to see on the forum. He seems a such a nice guy. Hard to imagine him sadistically whipping other members.

Still, it clearly worked wonders with Len :P

Sid, I can only apologise - to Dickens.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=104553

Since you smeared him I don’t know what yoour (sic) beef is.

This how I reached my conclusion, if I made any errors of fact or logic point them out.

• Myra said that Daniel’s post “was an all out anti-semitic rant”
  • It clearly wasn’t anti-Semitic
  • Thus Myra smeared Daniel
  • You endorsed her comments you said “Myra is clearly right.”
  • Thus you smeared him as well

Again the Colbyized version of fact and logic. Shortened, condensed and misleading. http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=142535

Merely saying I’m wrong doesn’t cut it. You seem to be at a loss as to say how.

taken a statement I made to David Guyatt about the Commission's treatment of Atta and blown it all out of proportion by saying things about me that aren't true

What prey tell have I said about you that wasn’t true?

I've already explained how you blew it out of proportion. Go back and read my posts again. That should clarify the rest for you.

As above you merely stated I "blew it out of proportion" and distorted the facts, about the same as stating "I'm right your wrong, nah! nah!"

Opinions...

Jack

Jack

I did not wish to say "Clinton". Please remove that word if you are going to remove

the word b----. "Clinton" does not carry the same meaning as the word I used. Your

censorship has changed the meaning of what I said to something not intended.

Jack

I removed an offensive word, Jack. The phrase removed was "the *$#@*" and I replaced it with "Clinton".

"*$#@*" in the previous sentance is a swear word, which has one meaning of a female dog.

Give Jack a break, Evan.

In fact that word is the most common used for a female canine in the UK and Oz. [and, by the way offensive to most American canine owners ears and sensibility, if used as such!!] In the USA it is a very mild term for expressing strong general disapproval for ethical values for a female - the male equivalent is '<removed by moderator>'. This Forum now reminds me of my third grade classroom which had a 

'grammar prison' - if one used improper grammar one had to sit in the designated 

corner for a certain lengh of time. American's also say, 'I'll kill him/her' meaning no more than that they are upset mildly at what that person did. I found when I lived in Skandinavia, such mention in American parlance brought looks of horror - as if I actually had murder in mind. Can't we just speak openly here?!

This censorship is absurd. One of the well known books published on the JFK case is THE BASTARD BULLET by

Raymond Marcus. A bastard is defined as a person, usually male, born out of wedlock. It is not a bloody expletive,

but in many cases a historical descriptive term. Sensitive UK students should not be shielded in a prudish attempt

to keep them ignorant of historical and proper words. If Burton does not understand the meaning of the word, it

is he who should be censored.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Hot on the heels of his explanation for why he no longer wears a flag pin,

presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama was forced to explain why he

doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

According to the United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171,

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present

except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the

flag with the right hand over the heart.

'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking

sides,' Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the

American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself

conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It

should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the

song 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing.' If that were our anthem,

then I might salute it.'

This man proposes to be the Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces who

fight for our flag and our veterans who have fought, died, been maimed, over

the last 200+ years? I suspect that he also does not believe in the Pledge

of Allegiance to the flag, but yet when you see him making a speech on

television (like the recent Philadelphia race speech) he is surrounded

by a backdrop of 10 or more American flags! He likes those props! You can

assume from all this that he is a fake and a hypocrite.

If the words are used in the non-swearing context, I'm sure no-one has any objection. That was not the case, however.

I almost never swear. Calling a b---- a b---- is not swearing but a descriptive opinion. The b-----

after all is a murder suspect in an unsolved homicide. Remember Vince Foster?

This afternoon I confess I did swear. I had been spraying an unwanted wasp nest. One of the

mean little critters stung me on the hand. I yelled "OH, S---!" Now this is a very common word,

but in this case I intended that it be an expletive.

Jack

then I might salute it.'

I have never heard a statement this (politically) foolish from OBama. Can you provide details of when/where he made this statement? Is there a video of Obama making this statement on UTUBE?

then I might salute it.'

I have never heard a statement this (politically) foolish from OBama. Can you provide details of when/where he made this statement? Is there a video of Obama making this statement on UTUBE?

I did a Google search and the quote only pops up on forums and blogs etc, always sans citation, thus it is likely a fabrication. According to Snopes it had its origin in a satirical essay from a blog that describes itself as “semi-news”. Of course if either were true that would mean Jack was quoting a baseless Internet rumor, something hard to believe!

r

The funny thing is other than Jack, Craig, Tim and (perhaps) Christopher I doubt many members would disagree too stongly with what Obama was reported as saying. 'Better not vote for Obama, he doesn't believe in the Pledge of Allegiance'

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/stance.asp

Edited by Len Colby