The Education Forum

Joannides Court Hearing; Wed. 05,2008

CIA to present all their files on Joannides to Federal Court no later than April 30, 2008, as ordered by the court and agreed by all parties.

JFK Secrets to be released within 60 Days

See previous article by Jefferson Morley on 02/29/2008 12:54PM

At a Washington federal court hearing on Wednesday (March 5, 2008) CIA lawyers promised Judge Richard Leon they would comply with an (pdf) appellate court order to produce more information about JFK assassination mystery man George Joannides, a.k.a. "The Man Who Didn't Talk," within 60 days. The information must be produced in another court hearing, scheduled for April 30.

note: The CIA must produced to the court any and all files on Joannides. If not the CIA will be in contempt of a court order.

http://pacer.cadc.uscourts.gov/docs/common...12/06-5382a.pdf

Edited by William Plumlee

CIA to present all their files on Joannides to Federal Court no later than April 30, 2008, as ordered by the court and agreed by all parties.

JFK Secrets to be released within 60 Days

See previous article by Jefferson Morley on 02/29/2008 12:54PM

At a Washington federal court hearing on Wednesday (March 5, 2008) CIA lawyers promised Judge Richard Leon they would comply with an (pdf) appellate court order to produce more information about JFK assassination mystery man George Joannides, a.k.a. "The Man Who Didn't Talk," within 60 days. The information must be produced in another court hearing, scheduled for April 30.

note: The CIA must produced to the court any and all files on Joannides. If not the CIA will be in contempt of a court order.

http://pacer.cadc.uscourts.gov/docs/common...12/06-5382a.pdf

Well, I'll bet they do produce some[thing], but somehow [cynical me!] just don't expect they will produce all. They'll be a shreddin'; moving them out of their file system or just plain don't give a damn about being in contempt of court or the Nation nor anyone in it. This is one of their most tightly held secrets on this matter. One wonders why. Just from Joannides position I'd expect thousands. [Has any of the legal action to date produced a number of files they

claim to have, but not be producing?] Anyone want to make a gentleman's bet it is less than fifty that are produced, if that many. Maybe his golf or tennis scores during the period. Lunch tabs or other routine matters. The 'good' stuff they seem to have indicated are not to be released, by hook or crook. It will be interesting, but I'm not optimistic.

Less so, with the current administration and attorney general to whom the law is

just a 'four letter word'. The other varient would be somehow convincing the Court they must not be released due to 'National Security'. We won't see CIA Director in jail for less than full compliance! Somehow, they will do a 'Rosemary Woods', I fear.

[.....they'll likely move most of them to the 'there is no file file' in the CIA file 'annex' [wherever that may be - like Gitmo or Diego Garcia - or some bunker for atomic war in PA or WV].

-------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way the pdf file Tosh posted with the Court's decision makes very interesting reading. The Judges seemed fair on the application of the laws, BUT seemed to 'miss' the ways the CIA has in the past and will in future use the various 'exemptions' to not disclose things they don't want to disclose - as only they get to 'look at' and 'judge' if it contains 'things that fall within the exemptions'. The 'by executive order' is also an overly broad one...as there might well be secret executive orders to do so willynilly - especially under this Administration!

Tosh:

Thanks so much for posting the actual opinion. It was quite an interesting read. I do agree with Peter's assessment of what may occur, i.e. junk and/or documents that "no longer exist" explanations. These thugs are not going to comply with a court order. The judges exercised some sound reasoning in some areas but in the area of Exemptions there is a lot of wiggle room. I was impressed by their basic knowledge of the importance of this case. I also was happy to see my friend Carl Oglesby's lawsuit -(also brought by Jim Lesar)- referred to so often, as precedent. (Carl ultimately prevailed).

And, like Peter, seeing the term "Executive Order" so broadly employed leaves me more than worried. Keep in mind we are dealing with a President who has alrerady said that the Consititution is "just a G**D*** piece of paper".

Kudos to Jeff Morley for his persistance and especially to the tireless efforts of Attorney Jim Lesar. He gives lawyers a good name. April 30th will be an interesting day. Too bad our media doesn't see fit to cover these important developments.

Dawn