The Education Forum

Hillary wants to take on Big Oil?

Ron Ecker

Among other things, she wants to take $50 billion from Big Oil by ending "tax subsidies" that it presently enjoys.

I can only assume that she's already told Big Oil, or Big Oil knows, that she's only kidding to get votes.

Clinton says Obama voted for oil firm tax breaks

By Jon Hurdle

PITTSBURGH, March 14 (Reuters) - Sen. Hillary Clinton on Friday renewed her attack on oil company profits and accused Sen. Barack Obama, her rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, of supporting tax breaks for oil companies.

Speaking at a campaign rally for about 2,000 supporters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Clinton said both Obama and Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain had voted for a bill to cut oil company taxes.

"They voted yes to more giveaways to the oil companies," she said during a 40-minute speech.

Citing Exxon Mobil Corp's latest annual profit of $40 billion, Clinton said that as president, she would require oil companies to invest in alternative forms of energy or else be subject to a windfall profits tax.

She pledged to set up a $50 billion Strategic Energy Fund to develop non-fossil fuel energy sources, and would pay for it by ending tax subsidies that she said have been enjoyed by oil companies during the administration of Republican President George W. Bush.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ELECTU/idUS...0080315?sp=true

Among other things, she wants to take $50 billion from Big Oil by ending "tax subsidies" that it presently enjoys.

I can only assume that she's already told Big Oil, or Big Oil knows, that she's only kidding to get votes.

I actually think it's a great idea but I share your skepticism about HRC's intentions.

If fears about America's economic future prove accurate, it might be a smart move by big oil to kick in 50 billion to help allieviate the economic pain Americans will soon be experiencing. In fact, they might want to double the pot to 100 billion considering they've made more money from Americans than from anyone else. For another 500 billion they could be offered naming rights, imo. The United States of America is just a brand name (and not exactly accurate, imo).

The absurdity of the oil subsidies is quite plain.

Clinton says Obama voted for oil firm tax breaks

By Jon Hurdle

PITTSBURGH, March 14 (Reuters) - Sen. Hillary Clinton on Friday renewed her attack on oil company profits and accused Sen. Barack Obama, her rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, of supporting tax breaks for oil companies.

Speaking at a campaign rally for about 2,000 supporters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Clinton said both Obama and Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain had voted for a bill to cut oil company taxes.

"They voted yes to more giveaways to the oil companies," she said during a 40-minute speech.

Citing Exxon Mobil Corp's latest annual profit of $40 billion, Clinton said that as president, she would require oil companies to invest in alternative forms of energy or else be subject to a windfall profits tax.

She pledged to set up a $50 billion Strategic Energy Fund to develop non-fossil fuel energy sources, and would pay for it by ending tax subsidies that she said have been enjoyed by oil companies during the administration of Republican President George W. Bush.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ELECTU/idUS...0080315?sp=true

More likely jealous that Rice had a tanker named after her. The Clinton Clan are Corporate insiders and I can't believe they'd do anything much to hurt the bottom-line on any powerful corporate group...they are owned by them!...and won't bite the hand that bribes them.

Remember Vince Foster? Remember Clinton wanting to know 2 things when he took over the presidency? He supposedly asked his military men that he wanted to know about the Kennedy Assassination and UFO's. They told him, "You don't have high enough clearance." The same person who told me this also told me there were 200 political murders during the Clinton Admin. I think these things taught the Clintons that the President doesn't run the country.

Kathy

Remember Clinton wanting to know 2 things when he took over the presidency? He supposedly asked his military men that he wanted to know about the Kennedy Assassination and UFO's. They told him, "You don't have high enough clearance."

From November 2007:

According to someone presumably in a position to know, when Clinton took office, he called in chief military advisors and said, "I want to know 2 things. I want to know about the Kennedy Assassination and the existence of UFOs."

And the military chiefs responded, "You don't have high enough clearance."

According to Web Hubbell, it was Hubbell whom Clinton told to find out for him who killed JFK and about UFOs, when Clinton gave Hubbell a high-ranking job at the State Dept. Hubbell eventually reported back that he couldn't find anything out.

Thank you, Ron, for giving me this source. Some things are so arcane -- a conversation here, a quote there. I appreciate it. I'm going to write it down so I don't forget it.

Kathy