The Education Forum

John Heard?

A note on POSTPONED IN FULL... as someone who has visited the archives in search of documents on many occasions, it is quite common to find documents that are "POSTPONED IN FULL" to be available in part or in their entirety. The NARA database is not updated often and I don't think it has been updated for some time.
Thanks, Steve and Jim. It's threads like this one that made we want to join this forum in the first place.

Years after his very suspect prison term for allegedly being implicated in a counterfeiting scheme,

Abraham Bolden would write Louis Stokes stating, “.......who is John Heard? If the name John Heard [Hurd] has not been documented in the files of the Warren Commission, then the files of the United States Congress are far from complete regarding the assassination of the President. Less than 24 hours after the assassination of the President, and while Lee Harvey Oswald was still in custody prior to his own assassination by Jack Ruby, all Secret Service offices across the nation were instructed to determine the whereabouts of a John Heard and any name phonetically sounding like Heard whose name was in the Secret Service Files. At a time when the nation’s attention was focused on the name Lee Oswald, the Secret Service were investigating John Heard all across the nation.......”

From Survivor’s Guilt Vincent M. Palamara Chapter 17 page 15-16.

It is also significant that both Bolden and Nagell acknowledged the other years later regarding being placed

in a cell next to each other.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

Additionally, NARA has three JFK Assassination documents that would seem to be pertinent to the above.

1.......180-10109-10264 ABRAHAM BOLDEN CHICAGO WASHINGTON 00/00/0000

2.......180-10075-10028 DOD, FILES; HEARD, JOHN [No Title] MILLER, JUDY, DOD [No To] 03/21/1978

3.......179-30001-10409 SUBJECTS : REVIEW OF RECORDS RE ATF (TREASURY)

Furthermore, in the following document at maryferrell.org Blakey request a namecheck re 5 topics...

# 3 would seem to fit in on this thread.....

LETTER TO CARPENTIER FROM BLAKEY :IN CONNECTION WITH ITS INVESTIGATION/REQUEST FOR FILES ON 5 NAMES..They were

1. NESTOR CASTELLANOS

2. CARL MATHER

3. JOHN DAVID HURT

4. COLLINS RADIO

5. MINUTEMEN ORGANIZATION

The information on Hurt is as follows

JOHN DAVID HURT

DATE OF BIRTH: 05/12/09 PLACE OF BIRTH: River Bend, Colorado Social Security No. 107-05-5407

Served with US Army Counterintelligence Corps in Europe and Japan

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

Yesterday, I had the first opportunity to peruse Abraham Bolden's book, he mentions this as well.......

Robert

Although at this time declassified files on John Hurt are not voluminous here is another one that has not been showcased on the Forum.

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=1

And this is the guy who Oswald attempted to call while he was in jail?

The question mark is not there to take exception to the premise, but to show how illogical the whole issue of mental cases becomes after an incredible amount of repetition.

After a few years of perusing various documents pertaining to assassination related persons, an observation that should be pointed out that is applicable across the board, as well as in regards to the URL on John Hurt listed above.

How many persons in the legacy of the assassination have a history of mental problems?

The number if one set out to document it, would stupify you.

Leading one to the conclusion that one of the conditions of belonging to the conspiracy club was to have a history of mental problems, for those who believe Lee Harvey Oswald killed President Kennedy, at first glance seems like a godsend, as in "the only people who allege a conspiracy are nut cases," but where it gets dicey is when the list of nut cases runs into dozens of people.......Leaving one to swallow a surreal logic that yes Oswald killed Kennedy and practically everyone that submitted

information either casting doubt on that conclusion was a mental case. The more crazy people in the boat, the more implausible the logic becomes. In the 1960's fear of getting to close to the truth made people fear for their lives, then the HSCA came alone and practically made fun of "the very idea" of mysterious deaths. Someone once uttered "who are you going to believe me or your own eyes." It seems appropriate regarding scores of people who died before they were going to testify.

Consider the case of the religous cult types that came out of the woodwork during the Garrison Case involving Clay Shaw.

While a great deal of attention focused on the death of David Ferrie, another religious figure the Rev. Carl Stanley also died in the same time frame, according to Peter Lavenda.

Yet there are at least five documents pertaining to Stanley that as of yesterday July 29, 2009 are still postponed in full.

Go to NARA and see for yourself.

Index for FBI HSCA Subject: John Heard aka Hurt, Main File 63-5507

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...do?docId=136888

Guest Tom Scully

Robert, or Jim Root:

Was anything else learned after the Dec., 2005 post in this thread?:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=3391&st=15

How does this author know that "the other" John Hurt was "an auto mechanic"? I found nothing at http://groverproctor.us/jfk that indicates an

occupation.

North Carolina Curiosities

By Jon Elliston, Kent Priestley

page 157

.....John W., an auto mechanic, seemed a most unlikely suspect.....

Why would Chicago have 100 records of Heards?

I've never Heard of such a thing.

Robert, or Jim Root:

Was anything else learned after the Dec., 2005 post in this thread?

Tom

I have been following a trail of research for over a decade. Each new piece of information leads to a new search....It's interesting, for every question answered another becomes apparent.

As most reasearchers I stumbled upon the Releigh Call very early in my study of the assassination of JFK. Where I differ perhaps is that my research was originally centered on the life of Maj. Gen. Edwin Anderson Walker. Without going into a long story that researh led me to a place in about 1934 when the paths of Walker and John B. Hurt (later of the NSA) crossed.

This led, of course, to new questions and a search for information on this particular John Hurt.

Fast forward many years and we find the release of documents detailing the NSA background investigation of Lee Harvey Oswald and the two men involved for the NSA, Rowlett and Gardner, were both associates of the same John B. Hurt as was Walker.....Through into the mix that Warren Commissioner John J. McCloy was, during WWII, recieving direct communication from this same John B. Hurt and we start to have a series of coincidences that generate there own questions.

Somewhere along the way, with the help of James Richards, I became aware of the name Wilho Tikander and a WWII intelligence operation known as Stella Polaris....which led to the Venona Project that involved Rowlett and Gardner. It is the research within this context that my limited time has currently centered upon. It has led me to an interesting WWII intellegence organization know as "The Pond" or SI. Depending upon whom you talk to it was headed by one or another person (John "Frenchy" Grombach or Whitney Shepardson). It seems that a member of this WWII organization was Richard Helms, that we find is monitoring the movements of Lee Harvey Oswald prior to the assasination of JFK.

Because of this information and a great deal more that I had gathered I speculated upon whom the Raleigh Call may have actually been made to.

But First:

When I was a Freshman in college I developed a way to call my HS sweetheart back home for little or no money. I would first call her home via the operator making a person to person collect phone call. She would not accept the charges but would go to a local payphone at the end of her block and call a pay phone that was near my dorm. After paying for the first three minutes we would talk for long periods of time........not sure if she ever paid for the additional time beyound the three minutes necessary to put the call through.

Oswald made several "person to person collect" phone calls while in custody...primarily in an attempt to contact Johnathn Abt, the attorney he wished to represent him. The operator made repeated attemts to several numbers in Oswald's attempts to contact this man. In the case of the Raleigh Call it seems that Oswald made no attempt to retreive additional numbers when his collect call (just as my college call) was not accepted. It seems that the operator had anticipated, as was the case in Oswald's attempt to contact Abt, that additional numbers might be requested. I believe that it is logical to assume that when Oswald did not continue his quest to contact Hurt the operator then tossed the additional numbers (numbers that had no meaning except to provide us with the name John Hurt) in the trash.

It seems apparent that the FBI did send out a background search for John Hurt/Heard's without result and we are left with this mystery.

Back to my speculation:

I did speculate upon who may have been the recipiant of Oswald's call and via this speculation found a cache of material that led me to information that proves that in June of 1959 Helms was involved in the collection of information that led Wilho Tikander to speculate that there was an off record intelligence operation that was going to involve Helsinki Finland in the near future. When this speculation is made there is communication within this cache that suggests that Tikander be kept out of the loop. Whitney Shepardson, the main conduit to Helms in the collection of this information was a very close associate of John J. McCloy and of Demitri De Mohrenschildt, brother of George. A few months later, Oswald would enter the Soviet Union via Helsinki. On May 1, 1960 a U-2 spy plane would fall from the sky and the Paris Summit would fail........the Paris Summit was supposed to result in the signing of a Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty....it was not signed. John J. McCloy felt that the signing of that particular treaty would have jepordized the security of the United States......

I speculate several things:

John J. McCloy used Lee Harvey Oswald to help him scuttle the Paris Summit

Demitri De Morhrenschildt could have his brother George monitor the movements of Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas until shortly after the assassiantion attempt on the life of Gen. Walker.

John J. McCloy would be very familiar with the psycho file of Lee Harvey Oswald and would understand that if LHO had attempted to kill Walker he would be willing to kill the President if given the opportunity.

John J. McCloy was kept informed of the whereabout of Lee Harvey Oswald via Richard Helms receipt of the monitoring of Oswald's movements

John J. McCloy became aware of exactly where Oswald was working prior to the designation of the motorcade route.

John J. McCloy knew that if Lee Harvey Oswald attempted to make a call to a person, via a cutout, named John Hurt that the wheels of the intellegence community would ralley to eleminate Lee Harvey Oswald

without anyone having to arramge it prior to the assassination of JFK.

John J. McCloy knew that could be placed upon the Warren Commission and be in a position to conceal three vital pieces of information from the public:

A: Oswalds journey from London to Helsinki

B: FBI Agent hosty's third note which provided information about exactly where Lee Harvey Oswald was working

C: Information about Lee Harvey Oswald's attempt to call John Hurt.

It has been an interesting journey of research,

Jim Root