The Education Forum

ID people on Nix film frames

Attached below is a capture that corresponds approximately to frame 24 of the Nix film. This frame has been identified as equivalent to Zapruder frame 313 (the head shot frame). Standing on the grass at the north side of Elm Street is Bill Newman (between the limousine and the motorcycles). Who is the lady in the tan color coat standing on the south side in the same position? My initial reaction is that this would be the Babushka Lady, but I don't see a head scarf.

Also further along in the sequence, I would expect to find Mary Moorman and Jean Hill in her red coat, but I don't see them. Can someone help me out on this? Thanks in advance.

Roger

Attached below is a capture that corresponds approximately to frame 24 of the Nix film. This frame has been identified as equivalent to Zapruder frame 313 (the head shot frame). Standing on the grass at the north side of Elm Street is Bill Newman (between the limousine and the motorcycles). Who is the lady in the tan color coat standing on the south side in the same position? My initial reaction is that this would be the Babushka Lady, but I don't see a head scarf.

Also further along in the sequence, I would expect to find Mary Moorman and Jean Hill in her red coat, but I don't see them. Can someone help me out on this? Thanks in advance.

Roger

Hi Roger - on the south side would be Toni Foster.

Using Roberdeau's normal and blank plats...

- lee

Roger

Hi Roger - on the south side would be Toni Foster.

Using Roberdeau's normal and blank plats...

- lee

Thanks, Lee, for identifying Toni Foster and pointing out Hill and Moorman. They were so near the edge of the screen, especially Hill, that I missed them. In your annotated frame, Foster is a little closer to the camera but she looks a lot bigger than Moorman. Maybe she really is 6'5" as pointed out by Fetzer in his Zapruder film hoax article!

Thanks, Lee, for identifying Toni Foster and pointing out Hill and Moorman. They were so near the edge of the screen, especially Hill, that I missed them. In your annotated frame, Foster is a little closer to the camera but she looks a lot bigger than Moorman. Maybe she really is 6'5" as pointed out by Fetzer in his Zapruder film hoax article!

My pleasure. In all honesty Roger - this one troubled me attached - the lady at left in the Nix - however, she could have been running and then slowed up. I'm not a proponent of extensive technological techniques for alteration - they had Z's camera for example. Easier to simply remove frames - and maybe project and reshoot through the same camera and add jiggle. I thought that the first time I saw the 'amateur filmmaker' allowing his target to trail out of center to the bottom of the frame. His point of center is some 13' above the Lincoln - seems unlikely - my 4 year old does better.

- lee

Roger,

Speaking of an amateur film-maker, here is a pass of what I shot while on the pedestal.

I whole-heartedly agree with Lee that no-one could shoot as off centered a film, as the Zfilm film appears to be.

chris