The Education Forum

Sylvia Duran and Lee Harvey Oswald

6 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

Tommy,

You are still missing the intense Anticommunist culture in Mexico City 1963.

From the very start, Sylvia Duran knew she was going to be accused of a conspiracy to assassinate JFK.

That was the culture.

Her suspicions were correct -- she was repeatedly arrested and beaten to get her to confess to a Communist conspiracy.

Not only the Mexican Police, but also the US agencies like the FBI and the CIA were eager to hear what Duran had to say about Cuban-linked accomplices of Lee Harvey Oswald.

Sylvia Duran was trapped like a rat -- for the sole crime of being the last woman in Mexico City to see Lee Harvey Oswald.

Even our own FORUM Spartacus entry on Sylvia Duran continues the Mexican rumors that Sylvia had a romance with Oswald, and about Elena Garro de Paz's story about a "twist party" and a "Duran confession."

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKduranS.htm

No -- I don't have transcripts from the second Duran interrogation by the Mexican Police.  From what I have read, they beat her while asking her if she had a sexual relationship with LHO, or if she saw LHO take money from a Negro at the Cuban Embassy, or if she was part of the Communist conspiracy to kill JFK.  

From what I have read -- the CIA in Mexico City as well as FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover were eager to hear the results of the second interrogation of Sylvia Duran by the Mexican Police.  She did not crack.  So they subjected, , the guy who spread the rumor about the Negro, to a lie-detector test, and he did crack.

So, that was the end of it -- except that nothing Sylvia Duran ever said after that could ever be trusted.   Ever.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Dear Paul,

So, you've refused to answer the questions I asked you because .... you, like the rest of us, simply don't know what Duran told the Mexican Police when they interrogated her the second time.

Now I understand.

--  Tommy :sun

But at least we do know that she told them on 11/23/63 that the guy she'd dealt with on 9/27/63 was "short, and blond-haired."

So that counts for something, doesn't it.

Edited by Thomas Graves

5 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Paul,

...But at least we do know that she told them on 11/23/63 that the guy she'd dealt with on 9/27/63 was "short, and blond-haired."

So that counts for something, doesn't it.

Tommy,

No, it counts for nothing because of the violent culture of 1963 Mexican Anticommunism.

Sylvia was frightened when facing the Mexican Police.

Besides, she wasn't under oath, was she?

All I'm saying is that Sylvia was afraid from the very minute that she saw Oswald on television like everyone else.

She knew she was in BIG trouble in Mexico, even though she was innocent as a lamb of the JFK assassination.

Also, Tommy, I'm still trying to figure out your end game.  Are you trying to prove that the Communists killed JFK?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

35 minutes ago, Paul Trejo said:

Tommy,

No, it counts for nothing because of the violent culture of 1963 Mexican Anticommunism.

Sylvia was frightened when facing the Mexican Police.

Besides, she wasn't under oath, was she?

All I'm saying is that Sylvia was afraid from the very minute that she saw Oswald on television like everyone else.

She knew she was in BIG trouble in Mexico, even though she was innocent as a lamb of the JFK assassination.

Also, Tommy, I'm still trying to figure out your end game.  Are you trying to prove that the Communists killed JFK?

Regards,

--Paul Trejo

Dear Paul,

To your knowledge, did Duran ever say that the guy she'd dealt with in the Cuban Consulate in late September, 1963, was the same guy who was killed by Jack Ruby on 11/24/63?

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Paul,

To your knowledge, did Duran ever say that the guy she'd dealt with in the Cuban Consulate in late September, 1963, was the same guy who was killed by Jack Ruby on 11/24/63?

Thanks.

Tommy,

No, not to my knowledge.  I will take this guess, though, based on the human interest story here.

Sylvia Duran was one of the accidental victims of the JFK assassination.  She was blamed by a vigilante element in the Mexican Police department -- and they treated her with actual violence.

So -- why would she even CARE about what was happening in the USA at that point?   Her life was in immediate danger.

It should be no surprise to anybody that she and her family retreated from all public appearances for the rest of their lives.  Sadly, the HSCA was relentless in getting Sylvia to testify again.  Again -- she was justifiably terrified.

The Cold War was still raging with the USSR and Cuba.  Student protests in Mexico City in the 1970's were met by the Mexican Police with machine guns who simply mowed the students down.  Sylvia Duran had no idea what would happen to her.  

Sylvia had given contradictory data in the past -- which story should she stick to now -- and what would be the consequences with the Mexican Police?

These were Sylvia's worries.   My guess is that Sylvia Duran didn't give a damn about Jack Ruby, or any CIA or FBI games.  She just wanted the Cold War Mexican Police torture chamber to stop.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

11 hours ago, Paul Trejo said:

The question to Trejo was -- "To your knowledge, did Duran ever say that the guy she'd dealt with in the Cuban Consulate in late September, 1963, was the same guy who was killed by Jack Ruby on 11/24/63?"

Trejo's answer:

"Tommy,

No, not to my knowledge.

[...]

Dear Paul,

All I read was your first sentence and part of your second one.

Thanks for admitting that, as far as you know, Sylvia Duran never said the guy at the Cuban Consulate was Lee Harvey Oswald.

Edited by Thomas Graves

9 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Paul,

Thanks for admitting that, as far as you know, Duran never said the guy at the Cuban Consulate was Lee Harvey Oswald.

--  Tommy  ;sun

Tommy,

I said no such thing.   Also, I'm getting bored with your word games.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

Dear Paul,

Thanks for admitting that, as far as you know, Sylvia Duran never said the guy at the Cuban Consulate was Lee Harvey Oswald.

It was a trick question, Tommy, because of the "Harvey and Lee" series which is so popular.

Your question was posed like a "Harvey and Lee" CTer, and so my words there meant that Sylvia Duran was not interested in distinguishing between the Lee Harvey Oswald killed by Jack Ruby, and the Lee Harvey Oswald who got away.

So -- my answer was this -- Sylvia Duran was under too much duress in Mexico City to give a damn about "Harvey and Lee" or about Jack Ruby, or about USA CTers, or about CIA or FBI games.

But you keep reading what you want to read, Tommy.   And you're really getting boring.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

On 5/7/2017 at 0:54 PM, Paul Trejo said:

It was a trick question, Tommy, because of the "Harvey and Lee" series which is so popular.

Your question was posed like a "Harvey and Lee" CTer, and so my words there meant that Sylvia Duran was not interested in distinguishing between the Lee Harvey Oswald killed by Jack Ruby, and the Lee Harvey Oswald who got away.

So -- my answer was this -- Sylvia Duran was under too much duress in Mexico City to give a damn about "Harvey and Lee" or about Jack Ruby, or about USA CTers, or about CIA or FBI games.

But you keep reading what you want to read, Tommy.   And you're really getting boring.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Paul Trejo wrote:  "Your question was posed like a "Harvey and Lee" CTer ... "

Dear Paul,

I'm not a "Harvey and Lee"-er and I know you aren't either, so who's playing word games, now?

But it really doesn't matter.

You've already admitted that to your knowledge, Sylvia Duran never said that the American guy she'd dealt with in the Cuban Consulate in late 1963 was Lee Harvey Oswald (i.e., the guy Jack Ruby killed on 11/24/63).

Thanks.

--  Tommy  

Edited by Thomas Graves

21 minutes ago, Thomas Graves said:

...You've already admitted that to your knowledge, Sylvia Duran never said that the American guy she'd dealt with in the Cuban Consulate in late 1963 was Lee Harvey Oswald (i.e., the guy Jack Ruby killed on 11/24/63).

Thanks.

--  Tommy  

Tommy,

I've admitted no such thing.  

I think I'll start calling you Tommy Word-Twister.

Or maybe Word-Twister Tommy.

Which one sounds more boring?

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 5/7/2017 at 1:04 PM, Thomas Graves said:

Paul Trejo wrote:  "Your question was posed like a "Harvey and Lee" CTer ... "

Dear Paul,

I'm not a "Harvey and Lee" cult member and I know you aren't either, so who's playing word games, now?

But it really doesn't matter.

You've already admitted that to your knowledge, Sylvia Duran never said that the American guy she'd dealt with in the Cuban Consulate in late 1963 was Lee Harvey Oswald (i.e., the guy Jack Ruby killed on 11/24/63).

Thanks.

--  Tommy  

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves