The Education Forum

Weird NJ Article - May 2008

Nice work, Lee.

Any chance this "Melvin Perrell" is De Goicoechea/Perrel/Parrel/Ferrel/Ferreli?

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=290001

As shown in the document, the FBI failed to find any public records in that name in Arizona and appear to have left it at that- or at least, I can't find any trace of any other records concerning Melvin. The only description is that he looked about 40 in '74, which does make him too old... but maybe he had a burden that aged him? The only other clue is that Melvin apparently lived just south of Fort Worth in Nov, '63. Would this match with known data on Fermin de G?

Curiously, this document immediately precedes a document on Elizabeth Cole.

Nice work, Lee.

Any chance this "Melvin Perrell" is De Goicoechea/Perrel/Parrel/Ferrel/Ferreli?

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=290001

As shown in the document, the FBI failed to find any public records in that name in Arizona and appear to have left it at that- or at least, I can't find any trace of any other records concerning Melvin. The only description is that he looked about 40 in '74, which does make him too old... but maybe he had a burden that aged him? The only other clue is that Melvin apparently lived just south of Fort Worth in Nov, '63. Would this match with known data on Fermin de G?

Curiously, this document immediately precedes a document on Elizabeth Cole.

Thanks Greg!

Curiously enough, I was a bit surprised myself at the possible number of aliases and spellings used which all seemed to point to Fermin. His last name is difficult enough, being Euskara [basque] in origin. Most English based languages have no dipthongs - and the Basque language [if you've ever seen a table] seems to route back as one of the most ancient in unbroken languages in history.

I took a look at the document - I think it will require more digging, but theoretically it seems possible - if not likely. Nothing like liquor for loose lips - look at El Indio, for example. I have some other comments to make, but will withhold for the present...

Will have another look at Perrell - sure sounds like an interesting fit.

- lee

Gentlemen,

Melvin Perrell was not Fermin. Some time back I did some checking into Melvin via a Fort Worth contact and like some others in this whole mire of confusion, he is somewhat of a mystery man who may have spent some time at the Greenland Air Base.

'Melvin Perrell' is an alias but I do have a real possibilty on his true name but not being able to support the information, I feel it best to hold off for now.

That aside, I seriously doubt he fired a shot at JFK.

FWIW.

BTW, Lee. Nice work on the article. I know you worked hard on it.

Cheers,

James

Edited by James Richards

Gentlemen,

Melvin Perrell was not Fermin. Some time back I did some checking into Melvin via a Fort Worth contact and like some others in this whole mire of confusion, he is somewhat of a mystery man who may have spent some time at the Greenland Air Base.

'Melvin Perrell' is an alias but I do have a real possibilty on his true name but not being able to support the information, I feel it best to hold off for now.

FWIW.

Cheers,

James

Thanks James - I wish I had read your response first - I wasted some time but managed to get a line on Oscar L O'Donnell - who still appears to be around today in Phoenix. Long story short - I just stopped midstride - so thanks twice!

The 'Perrell' thing striking twice has an odd sound to it. Almost smacks of the Russell take on Hid ell. Strange on the aliases used by these folk - I can see moving from Lee Oswald to OH Lee - going to Hidell is a bit of a leap, much the same for our boy Fermin. How does one make the leap from De Goichochea to Perr-el? Or Ferr-el and Ferr-elli? An odd coincidence.

- lee

Gentlemen,

FWIW.

Cheers,

James

Thanks James - I wish I had read your response first - I wasted some time but managed to get a line on Oscar L O'Donnell - who still appears to be around today in Phoenix. Long story short - I just stopped midstride - so thanks twice!

The 'Perrell' thing striking twice has an odd sound to it. Almost smacks of the Russell take on Hid ell. Strange on the aliases used by these folk - I can see moving from Lee Oswald to OH Lee - going to Hidell is a bit of a leap, much the same for our boy Fermin. How does one make the leap from De Goichochea to Perr-el? Or Ferr-el and Ferr-elli? An odd coincidence.

- lee

Bummer.

The name thing is odd, given that it was used as an alias by two people with apparent grudges against Kennedy. Add to that coincidence, the one that has the Melvin Perrell doc immediately followed by Elizabeth Cole docs in ADMIN FOLDER-N6: HSCA ADMINISTRATIVE FOLDER, JFK MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION VOLUME I and you maybe have to wonder what the Gods are up to...

I notice there are docs in the NARA database on Melvin which MFF does not have. Maybe someone could access those on their next visit to the archives. Who knows - there may be something in them worth talking to Mr O'Donnell about.

Greg,

It may be worth contacting Manuel Balbona who was Fermin's brother in law. When I started looking into this, it was Mr. Balbona who informed me that Fermin had died about a month earlier.

Mr. Balbona founded the Center For Survivors Of Torture in Texas. His email address there is - manuel@cstnet.org

FWIW,

James

Lee's article has now been republished here:

http://reopenjfkcase.interodent.com/index....4&Itemid=37

initially published by http://www.weirdnj.com

I am hoping either Lee or myself can establish contact with one of the conference participants, or that one of them will stumble on the article and initiate contact. If a student was there making a huge fuss over Cuba, with a little luck, someone (beside Elisabeth) will recall.

• 1 month later...
Lee's article has now been republished here:

http://reopenjfkcase.interodent.com/index....4&Itemid=37

initially published by http://www.weirdnj.com

I am hoping either Lee or myself can establish contact with one of the conference participants, or that one of them will stumble on the article and initiate contact. If a student was there making a huge fuss over Cuba, with a little luck, someone (beside Elisabeth) will recall.

Updated link...

http://reopenjfkcase.dockearth.com/index.p...4&Itemid=37

Just a thought...Melvin Perrell is a pseudonym. Mel Perrell=Mal Peril=Grave Danger. Perhaps the name was used as some sort of a code...

One of the reasons I suspect the Veciana story is true is that the name he gave for his CIA contact was Maurice Bishop. Within the CIA's top ranks, there was James JESUS Angleton, William KING Harvey, J.C. KING, and Richard Helms, who supposedly used the name KNIGHT. It only makes sense then that someone walking among them would use the name BISHOP.

Just a thought...Melvin Perrell is a pseudonym. Mel Perrell=Mal Peril=Grave Danger. Perhaps the name was used as some sort of a code...

One of the reasons I suspect the Veciana story is true is that the name he gave for his CIA contact was Maurice Bishop. Within the CIA's top ranks, there was James JESUS Angleton, William KING Harvey, J.C. KING, and Richard Helms, who supposedly used the name KNIGHT. It only makes sense then that someone walking among them would use the name BISHOP.

According to several sources, E. Howard Hunt was KNIGHT and

David Atlee Phillips was BISHOP.

Jack

I am still hopefull that we may get someone to confirm Fermin's presence at the event and validate Elisabeth's story - in the meanwhile, the editors provided me with the following feedback on the article from one reader...this event allegedly transpired in Jersey City, NJ.

When I read your last issue I saw an article that took notice to the John F. Kennedy assassination. My father, while working as an EMT, told me a story regarding this event. About a year or two after it occurred my father was making a drive with a woman who had apparently been struck by a car. When they picked her up my father rode in the back until they reached the hospital. According to him the entire time the woman was babbling on about needing to speak to someone. She said she knew who had shot JFK and that there were people after her as a result. For some reason my father had a sinking feeling in his story and believed her; wishing not to leave her even when they brought her into the hospital. As an EMT he had to mark down her name and what had happened in a log book before leaving. He promised her he would be back right after he came back from a call he was getting. A half hour later he returned to find the woman missing from the ER. When he asked the staff none seemed to remember who she was and checking over the log book her name and his signature had vanished as though he had never filled it out in the first place. Out of fear he never made mention to it again and was even hesitant telling me. It seems something that shakes him up something pretty awful.

I am still hopefull that we may get someone to confirm Fermin's presence at the event and validate Elisabeth's story - in the meanwhile, the editors provided me with the following feedback on the article from one reader...this event allegedly transpired in Jersey City, NJ.
When I read your last issue I saw an article that took notice to the John F. Kennedy assassination. My father, while working as an EMT, told me a story regarding this event. About a year or two after it occurred my father was making a drive with a woman who had apparently been struck by a car. When they picked her up my father rode in the back until they reached the hospital. According to him the entire time the woman was babbling on about needing to speak to someone. She said she knew who had shot JFK and that there were people after her as a result. For some reason my father had a sinking feeling in his story and believed her; wishing not to leave her even when they brought her into the hospital. As an EMT he had to mark down her name and what had happened in a log book before leaving. He promised her he would be back right after he came back from a call he was getting. A half hour later he returned to find the woman missing from the ER. When he asked the staff none seemed to remember who she was and checking over the log book her name and his signature had vanished as though he had never filled it out in the first place. Out of fear he never made mention to it again and was even hesitant telling me. It seems something that shakes him up something pretty awful.

Glad this is back to the fore, Lee.

I had no reply to an email I hoped would reach one of the participants of that weekend event. All we need is someone to ID Fermin from the photograph we have.

Pat... good thought on the Mel Perrell thing. Assuming (as I do) that James is right about it being an alias, your suggested meaning sounds reasonable given the man's claims.

It probably doesn't need saying (but someone is bound to, so it may as well be me!) that the story relayed by a reader of your article sounds like the story of Rose Cheramie --- set in a different state, with a different service delivering her to hospital and placed post assassination instead of pre.

Could it in fact be about Rose Cheramie??? It seems to me, she would have been picked up and taken to hospital for reasons of "lifestyle" on a fairly regular basis...

If it's not Cheramie, the story is either fabricated, or the woman in question was just delusional (some people actually are just that...)