The Education Forum

Mario Tauler Sague

From Gary Buell

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2006/03/...wo-kennedy.html

riday, March 31, 2006

This FBI memo from August of 1971 summarizes an interview with a lady named Lila Hurtado, who, in 1968, had worked for one William R. Huntington, an interior decorator "to the stars" who kept an office on Sunset Boulevard. (The text makes it clear that he was gay, a fact which may be relevant.) Huntington told her of a tape recording made by a friend of his, an attorney named Ronald Buck who owned or ran a club called The Factory...

According to Hurtado, Buck had made a secret tape recording of several "wealthy individuals" hobnobbing with bigwigs from Washington. These worthies were "gloating" over the deaths of JFK and Martin Luther King, and discussed plans to deal similarly with Robert F. Kennedy, who was then running for the Democratic presidential nomination. Buck later played the tape for Huntington, who called Robert Kennedy. (How did he get the number? Probably via Peter Lawford, who was one of Huntington's clients.) RFK personally heard the tape while in California, and responded: "I can't do anything about that until I become President."

what's the relationship to Saul?

AGENCY : HSCA

RECORD NUMBER : 180-10093-10265

RECORDS SERIES : NUMBERED FILES

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 001914 (FOLDER 4)

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : CITIZEN

TO : [No To]

TITLE : "THE JUDAS MOVEMENT," (CONTINUED)

DATE : 00/00/0000

PAGES : 257

DOCUMENT TYPE : MANUSCRIPT

SUBJECTS : "SAUL"; CONSPIRACY THEORY; "THE JUDAS MOVEMENT";

CLANDESTINE OPERATION

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 05/12/1993

COMMENTS : Box 40.

From Gary Buell

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2006/03/...wo-kennedy.html

riday, March 31, 2006

This FBI memo from August of 1971 summarizes an interview with a lady named Lila Hurtado, who, in 1968, had worked for one William R. Huntington, an interior decorator "to the stars" who kept an office on Sunset Boulevard. (The text makes it clear that he was gay, a fact which may be relevant.) Huntington told her of a tape recording made by a friend of his, an attorney named Ronald Buck who owned or ran a club called The Factory...

According to Hurtado, Buck had made a secret tape recording of several "wealthy individuals" hobnobbing with bigwigs from Washington. These worthies were "gloating" over the deaths of JFK and Martin Luther King, and discussed plans to deal similarly with Robert F. Kennedy, who was then running for the Democratic presidential nomination. Buck later played the tape for Huntington, who called Robert Kennedy. (How did he get the number? Probably via Peter Lawford, who was one of Huntington's clients.) RFK personally heard the tape while in California, and responded: "I can't do anything about that until I become President."

what's the relationship to Saul?

AGENCY : HSCA

RECORD NUMBER : 180-10093-10265

RECORDS SERIES : NUMBERED FILES

AGENCY FILE NUMBER : 001914 (FOLDER 4)

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : CITIZEN

TITLE : "THE JUDAS MOVEMENT," (CONTINUED)

DATE : 00/00/0000

PAGES : 257

DOCUMENT TYPE : MANUSCRIPT

SUBJECTS : "SAUL"; CONSPIRACY THEORY; "THE JUDAS MOVEMENT";

CLANDESTINE OPERATION

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 05/12/1993

COMMENTS : Box 40.

-----------

I assume this is the same The Factory where RFK was scheduled to have his victory party after winning the California Primary in the AM hours of June 5th.

• 2 weeks later...
Amazing work James.

The attached, 'Saul' from MacDonald's book - which you have seen before. I do not believe that MacDonald provides any info as to why he named this individual 'Saul.' Within the context of the book, Saul would be known Internationally and in covert circles - which is something to ponder.

The resemblance to the Mexico City Oswald is striking. There is no resemblance to Sague.

Found this document on Ferrell's database - the description rules out this individual as well.

ORIGINATOR : CIA

TITLE : INFORMATION REPORT- BENITO LNU (ALIAS SAUL).

DATE : 02/04/1965

PAGES : 1

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER - TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : LNU, BENITO

CLASSIFICATION : SECRET

RESTRICTIONS : 1B

CURRENT STATUS : RELEASED WITH DELETIONS

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 05/02/1998

COMMENTS : JFK64-21 : F2 : 1998.05.02.11:38:42:450108 :

Tim's post - guess it's back to the drawing board for now...

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...ost&p=21842

Edit: One quick comment - I have yet to see a photo of Roland 'Bud' Culligan. Does anyone have a photo of him?

- lee

Lee, FWIW............from McDonalds book, "Who was the man in the picture? It was at this point McDonald gave his mystery man a name. He called him Saul. To this day he cant remember why, unless it was the Bible. "And Saul caused Uriah, the Hittite, to be placed in the forefront of the battle......" Just thought I would pass it on. Not that it matters. Smitty

Edit: One quick comment - I have yet to see a photo of Roland 'Bud' Culligan. Does anyone have a photo of him?

- lee

Can't help chiming in on this one, and for an obvious reason.

For a time -- I believe in the late 1970s/early 1980s -- Culligan was incarcerated in Rhode Island's state prison, the Adult Correctional Institution.

He regulary spoke with the ACI's Christian pastoral counselor of the period (we'll call him "Al"), who was a devoted follower of a northern RI-based, politically active, Fundamentalist minister named Cugini.

When Al, with whom I was casually acquainted, learned that I was a JFK "buff," he told me some of what Culligan had been spinning to him:

-- Culligan was an Air Force colonel.

-- He possessed that rarest of U.S. government-sanctioned licenses -- the license to kill (cue John Barry).

-- He had been a major facilitator (my word) for the JFK hit in the area of funds transfers to the mechanics (mine again).

-- He was frequently moved from one state prison to another by the feds, who had jurisdiction over him.

-- He was released from the ACI and for a brief time worked with Cugini.

-- Culligan remained in touch with Al after the former left RI and took up residence with his wife in Florida.

-- Al and Cugini believed that an act of arson that destroyed the controversial Cugini's church was a "keep your mouths shut" warning related to Culligan.

I corresponded and spoke, respectively, with Harold Weisberg and Mary Ferrell about this character. Both had Culligan files, one of which included personal correspondence. One considered him nothing more than a disinforming nuisance, the other was not so sure.

My sense -- and it's only at the level of instinct -- is that there's a Culligan/Delk Simpson connection -- direct and/or thematic. I lean toward the latter, but I can hear George Michael whispering, "The third alternative, Charles ... "

Efforts to retrieve Culligan's records from state sources in RI were totally unsuccessful.

- lee

Can't help chiming in on this one, and for an obvious reason.

For a time -- I believe in the late 1970s/early 1980s -- Culligan was incarcerated in Rhode Island's state prison, the Adult Correctional Institution.

He regulary spoke with the ACI's Christian pastoral counselor of the period (we'll call him "Al"), who was a devoted follower of a northern RI-based, politically active, Fundamentalist minister named Cugini.

When Al, with whom I was casually acquainted, learned that I was a JFK "buff," he told me some of what Culligan had been spinning to him:

-- Culligan was an Air Force colonel.

-- He possessed that rarest of U.S. government-sanctioned licenses -- the license to kill (cue John Barry).

-- He had been a major facilitator (my word) for the JFK hit in the area of funds transfers to the mechanics (mine again).

-- He was frequently moved from one state prison to another by the feds, who had jurisdiction over him.

-- He was released from the ACI and for a brief time worked with Cugini.

-- Culligan remained in touch with Al after the former left RI and took up residence with his wife in Florida.

-- Al and Cugini believed that an act of arson that destroyed the controversial Cugini's church was a "keep your mouths shut" warning related to Culligan.

I corresponded and spoke, respectively, with Harold Weisberg and Mary Ferrell about this character. Both had Culligan files, one of which included personal correspondence. One considered him nothing more than a disinforming nuisance, the other was not so sure.

My sense -- and it's only at the level of instinct -- is that there's a Culligan/Delk Simpson connection -- direct and/or thematic. I lean toward the latter, but I can hear George Michael whispering, "The third alternative, Charles ... "

Efforts to retrieve Culligan's records from state sources in RI were totally unsuccessful.

Thanks for that Charles - ever try finding his book? Good luck. You don't see books being banned, records being refused and documents at NARA being postponed in full for nuisances.

- lee

- lee

• 8 years later...
On 5/18/2008 at 2:49 PM, James Richards said:

David,

The Mary Ferrell archive has a document posted which outlines alleged plots against Castro as given to George McGovern. The [Mario Tauler] Sague image was in there.

As to other candidates, I am kind of at a loss. There was an Agency asset who used the alias Wheat (I don't know his real name) who resembled the Mexico Oswald but beyond that, I don't know.

I have an image of this Wheat character circa mid 1950's but can't locate if for now. When I find it, I will post it.

Cheers,

James

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves