The Education Forum

The baby figure of the giant mass?

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

A lot is spoken here about the incipient nature of Facism, and the grooming of both State, and private apparatus to enable its arrival. I personally believe that we are in Danger of sleepwalking into a state of affairs that enables both Government, and Corperations to bring this to fruition, through the use of existing, and new Laws, enraged Public opinion and intial support, the surpression of "troublesome" Trade Unions and other naysayers both Religious and Secular, the deployment of private armies, and the scapegoating of individuals and groups. All the elements, after decades of planing, are now in place, Our inner cities are little more than playgrounds for gangs, driven by the drug profit motive, the once strong working class is demoralised and belittled, prices for food and petrol rise daily, and, of course the ever present threat of Terrorism. How long before the demand for a strong Man is heard?

Up for debate.

• 2 months later...
Guest Stephen Turner

In a recent by-election in Scotland, New labour(does it still exist I hear you ask) was beaten into forth place by the neo facist BNP, and will almost certainly face a drubbing at the next General election. i believe that when people realise that the Conservatives intend to exercise no control, either micro, or macro over the shibboleth of the free market, and as the rich grow ever richer at the expence of the middle classes impotence will turn to anger to the great benefit of the far right.

A lot is spoken here about the incipient nature of Facism, and the grooming of both State, and private apparatus to enable its arrival. I personally believe that we are in Danger of sleepwalking into a state of affairs that enables both Government, and Corperations to bring this to fruition, through the use of existing, and new Laws, enraged Public opinion and intial support, the surpression of "troublesome" Trade Unions and other naysayers both Religious and Secular, the deployment of private armies, and the scapegoating of individuals and groups. All the elements, after decades of planing, are now in place, Our inner cities are little more than playgrounds for gangs, driven by the drug profit motive, the once strong working class is demoralised and belittled, prices for food and petrol rise daily, and, of course the ever present threat of Terrorism. How long before the demand for a strong Man is heard?

Up for debate.

The ever present threat of Toryism?

• 3 months later...
Guest Stephen Turner

So, what effect will the present financial turmoil have on this prediction? The right are already positioning themselves as saviours of the Middle class. Much as Hitler et al, did in the early thirties. The one difference? there are no Communists to blame this time around.