The Education Forum

LOBSTER article on book about the death of Dr. David Kelly

Guest David Guyatt

Guest David Guyatt

There is an interesting article in the current LOBSTER written by Sebastian Cody on the book about the death of Dr. David Kelly by Norman Baker, MP "After Dark".

Two points grabbed my attention.

1. Baker raised the question of Tony Blair's support for Bush over Iraq:

Baker asks if the UK supported the US because the 'White House held information on Blair so incriminating that its release would have caused immediate resignation', a remark he later amplifies with the "wild" report that 'the Americans were ware of a deeply personal scandal involving Blair dating from the 1980s'."

There is then mention of a 45 foot radio antennae put up in Kelly's garden after his body was discovered, with the observation that this was too big for normal communication requirements but would fit the bill if it was intended to keep in communication with an aircraft a very long way away, so as the one carrying the prime minister from Washington DC to Tokyo.

2. There then follows a curious discussion about knowledge of involvement of a member of a paedophile network in the Hutton inquiry"

Another hint to what Baker thinks the key players were really up to is contained in his observation that the appendix to Hutton contains a document about "The World's Worst Paedophile Ring", whose members, some correspondent claims, were present at Kelly's murder. Baker wonders why this particularly wacy document was included when, presumably, many other such communications were not - and we may in turn wonder why Baker refers to it at all. Baker has his reasons - and suddenly the shadows of old stories familiar to Lobster readers fall over the the book as Baker reports hat he has been told:

'a leading figure in the Hutton inquiry process was known by he government to have had a paedophe past in a part of the UK well away from London. Was the inclusion of this particular document a way of reminding him to "do his duty"?'

I wonder if John, who was working with Baker on his investigation, has any insights. Can it be that the two separate points are connected?

The mind boggles, but it would not be the first time a post WWII prime minister and, for that matter, a home secretary were tagged as being involved in a paedophile ring.

The "well away from London" reference probably is a reference to the Northern Ireland Kincora Boys Home scandal which included visitations by said former prime minister and (as I recall) said home secretary.

Owning the political leaders of nations via blackmail means having willing allies all over the world...

There is an interesting article in the current LOBSTER written by Sebastian Cody on the book about the death of Dr. David Kelly by Norman Baker, MP "After Dark".

Baker asks if the UK supported the US because the 'White House held information on Blair so incriminating that its release would have caused immediate resignation', a remark he later amplifies with the "wild" report that 'the Americans were ware of a deeply personal scandal involving Blair dating from the 1980s'."

There is then mention of a 45 foot radio antennae put up in Kelly's garden after his body was discovered, with the observation that this was too big for normal communication requirements but would fit the bill if it was intended to keep in communication with an aircraft a very long way away, so as the one carrying the prime minister from Washington DC to Tokyo.

2. There then follows a curious discussion about knowledge of involvement of a member of a paedophile network in the Hutton inquiry"

Another hint to what Baker thinks the key players were really up to is contained in his observation that the appendix to Hutton contains a document about "The World's Worst Paedophile Ring", whose members, some correspondent claims, were present at Kelly's murder. Baker wonders why this particularly wacy document was included when, presumably, many other such communications were not - and we may in turn wonder why Baker refers to it at all. Baker has his reasons - and suddenly the shadows of old stories familiar to Lobster readers fall over the the book as Baker reports hat he has been told:

'a leading figure in the Hutton inquiry process was known by he government to have had a paedophe past in a part of the UK well away from London. Was the inclusion of this particular document a way of reminding him to "do his duty"?'

I wonder if John, who was working with Baker on his investigation, has any insights. Can it be that the two separate points are connected?

The mind boggles, but it would not be the first time a post WWII prime minister and, for that matter, a home secretary were tagged as being involved in a paedophile ring.

The "well away from London" reference probably is a reference to the Northern Ireland Kincora Boys Home scandal which included visitations by said former prime minister and (as I recall) said home secretary.

Owning the political leaders of nations via blackmail means having willing allies all over the world...

Norman Baker relied heavily on whistleblowers for his investigation into the death of David Kelly. Most of these people were not named in his book. Nor did he provide information that enabled them to be identified. There is no doubt that they feared for their lives. Norman, rightly, never shared these names with me. Just before the book was published he asked me if I was willing to be named. I agreed to this because I did not feel that I was in any danger, but most said no.

Some of these informants were from the intelligence services. I warned him that some of these might have been disinformation agents. He agreed that this was possible but like all researchers he ended up making his own judgement about what information was true and what was disinformation. He came to the conclusion that Kelly was killed by agents of Saddam Hussein. I disagreed with this theory but I never spoke to these informants.

We both took the view that Blair was being blackmailed by the CIA. It is difficult to know what the CIA had on Blair. My best guest is that CIA had evidence that Blair joined the Labour Party and CND as a MI5 spy. This is the sort of information that MI5 would have passed on to the CIA.

I am not aware of Blair being involved with a "paedophile ring". It is of course possible. I know that a former Home Secretary in the Thatcher government was forced to resign because of his interest in young boys. If Blair had visited the wrong websites the CIA and MI5 would no doubt have the details. I suspect that several MPs have been turned in this way.

Guest David Guyatt

Norman Baker relied heavily on whistleblowers for his investigation into the death of David Kelly. Most of these people were not named in his book. Nor did he provide information that enabled them to be identified. There is no doubt that they feared for their lives. Norman, rightly, never shared these names with me. Just before the book was published he asked me if I was willing to be named. I agreed to this because I did not feel that I was in any danger, but most said no.

Some of these informants were from the intelligence services. I warned him that some of these might have been disinformation agents. He agreed that this was possible but like all researchers he ended up making his own judgement about what information was true and what was disinformation. He came to the conclusion that Kelly was killed by agents of Saddam Hussein. I disagreed with this theory but I never spoke to these informants.

We both took the view that Blair was being blackmailed by the CIA. It is difficult to know what the CIA had on Blair. My best guest is that CIA had evidence that Blair joined the Labour Party and CND as a MI5 spy. This is the sort of information that MI5 would have passed on to the CIA.

I am not aware of Blair being involved with a "paedophile ring". It is of course possible. I know that a former Home Secretary in the Thatcher government was forced to resign because of his interest in young boys. If Blair had visited the wrong websites the CIA and MI5 would no doubt have the details. I suspect that several MPs have been turned in this way.

Thanks for your insights John. I also think the Iraqi's did it scenario is nonsense. But I wonder if Baker concluded this to avoid being found one morning dressed in a rubber S&M suit with a copy tape left on his bed for later viewing, and no conscious recollection of what had happened during the night before. The hints he left in his book, however, about Blair and the paedophile ring, that was mentioned in the Lobster article, strikes me as being a clever way of leaving the clues for the insightful reader to reach their own conclusions.

Besides the Home Secretary, "Mr. Willie" being involved in the paedo Kincora Boys Home scandal that led to his forced, but quiet resignation, said "Mr. Willie" was also not named in a Kent court case, as the "top satanist in the country". Curious no. Then there was the case of a former prime minister, now deceased, "Mr. Bonjour Matelo", who was also reported to have been involved in a paedo ring associated with same boys home.

This may all be a variation of the "ve heve vays of making you speak" technique, but modified to "ve heve vays of making you comply"...

Just the sort of thing the CIA Technical Services Division excelled in beginning back in the Fifties.

Besides the Home Secretary, "Mr. Willie" being involved in the paedo Kincora Boys Home scandal that led to his forced, but quiet resignation, said "Mr. Willie" was also not named in a Kent court case, as the "top satanist in the country". Curious no. Then there was the case of a former prime minister, now deceased, "Mr. Bonjour Matelo", who was also reported to have been involved in a paedo ring associated with same boys home.

I was thinking of a Home Secretary called Leon who was shipped off to Europe when it was discovered that he had an unhealthy interest in young boys.