The Education Forum

Dale Myer's Tippit book

... I removed the word arrogant....but stubborns staying. :box I'm already familiar with Dale Carnegie, are you saying his book "HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE" isn't working for me? ;)
Stubborn's good. Nice comeback. Short reply.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... I only wish I could ignore you...unfortunately your one of the best damn researchers on this forum ...
:box

Now, if I respond "you're damned right I am," does that mean you get to put "arrogant" back in? ;)

Here is a summary of Tatum's testimony from McAdams site

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/jfkinfo4/jfk12/hscalojt.htm

Does anyone have the complete transcript of Tatum's HSCA interview?

This Ray:

BAYLOR UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER

Wednesday, Feb. 1st, 1978.

OFFICE OF PHOTO DEPARTMENT OF HOBIEZELLE HOSPITAL

3500 GASTON AVE, DALLAS, TEXAS.

Investigators Jack Moriarty and Joe Basteri, menders of the Select Committee on Assassinations, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington., D.C. are in the office of the Director of Photography of the hospital mentioned above, and Mr. JACK RAY TATUM, The Director, has been interviewed with regard to his first hand knowledge, of the Fatal shooting of Officer J.D. Tippit, here in Dallas, Friday, November 22nd, 1963.

Mr. Tatum will reiterate his statement to be reduced to typewritten form

(By Moriarty) "Mr. Tatum, if you'll repeat your statement slowly, I'll attempt to type it."

Although I did not remember the exact time I remember it was early in the afternoon on Friday, November 22, 1963. I was driving XXXX north on Denver and stopped at 10th St. when I first saw the squad car and men walking on the sidewalk near the squad car. Both the squad car and this young white male were coming in my direction(East on 10th Street). At the time I was just approaching the squad car, I noticed this young white male with both hands in the pockets of his zippered jacket leaning over the passenger side of the squad car. This young white male was looking into the squad car from the passenger side. The next thing I knew I heard something that sounded like gun shots as I approached the intersection. (10th & Patton). I heard three shots in rapid (illegible)I went right through the intersection, stopped my car and turned to look back. I then saw the officer lying on the street and saw this young white man standing near the front of the squad car. Next. this man with a gun in his hand ran toward the back of the squad car, but instead of running away he stepped into the street and shot the police officer who was lying in the street. At that point this young man looked around him and then started to walk away in my direction and as he started to break into a small run in my direction, I sped off in my auto. All I saw him to the intersection and run south on Patton towards Jefferson.

Q. Did you know Lee Harvey Oswald, Officer Tippit or anyone else at the scene.

A. No

Q Did you not report this information to the authorities?

A. There were more than enough people there and I could not see what I could contribute.

Q. Is there anything you wish to add to your statement?

A. At this time I can't think or anything.

Jack Moriarty Joe Basteri Jack R. Tatum

Feb, 1 1978

Please note that Jack Tatum worked as a photographer at Baylor Medical - where Marina had her teeth done at the behest of the White Russians, (where Oswald was exhumed?), and the recipient of US Army research contracts - and he took the day off from work in order to photograph the president and the motorcade.

Did he see the motorcade or take photos of the president?

And what was he doing driving around Oak Cliff?

I don't think anybody but Tatum can answer these questions, but I thought I'd ask.

BK

Please note that Jack Tatum worked as a photographer at Baylor Medical - where Marina had her teeth done at the behest of the White Russians, (where Oswald was exhumed?), and the recipient of US Army research contracts - and he took the day off from work in order to photograph the president and the motorcade. Did he see the motorcade or take photos of the president?

I recall reading Tatum's address somewhere, and that he lived in Oak Cliff, somewhere south of Jefferson off Beckley, I think. There is also an article here somewhere in which the writer cited something that made the claim that Tatum had been driving on East Jeff going to get a drink(!), had passed his usual watering hole and because making a u-turn on Jefferson "would have been illegal" (which it wouldn't have been), he turned around by going up Denver to 10th. The "would've been illegal" is a clear memory; the rest is vague.

As to Baylor, the one thing that's necessary to realize is that Baylor is not "a hospital," but an institution. It has and had many, many locations around Dallas and to many points beyond (it was at one point, I think, funded through the Southern Baptist Conference, or operated under its auspices). The Baylor Dental School is located east of downtown, near Fair Park (Orange Bowl, etc.), and is favored by many people of lesser means because its services are less expensive than going to a "real" dentist: it is a teaching college, and if a student doesn't operate on you, some are in attendance just to see what the doctor/professor is teaching.

Where Tatum worked is west of downtown at another of their facilities, the same hospital on Gaston Avenue where Harry Olsen had spent time recuperating from smashing up his car, ribs and knee early in 1964 (that building was imploded a few years ago). Oswald's exhumation autopsy was conducted at yet another Baylor University facility.

There is no connection between any of the events or circumstances described beyond the Baylor name.

I'll try to turn up that article, but a search on the phrase "would have been illegal" didn't give me any results ... or rather, too many.

Please note that Jack Tatum worked as a photographer at Baylor Medical - where Marina had her teeth done at the behest of the White Russians, (where Oswald was exhumed?), and the recipient of US Army research contracts - and he took the day off from work in order to photograph the president and the motorcade. Did he see the motorcade or take photos of the president?

I recall reading Tatum's address somewhere, and that he lived in Oak Cliff, somewhere south of Jefferson off Beckley, I think. There is also an article here somewhere in which the writer cited something that made the claim that Tatum had been driving on East Jeff going to get a drink(!), had passed his usual watering hole and because making a u-turn on Jefferson "would have been illegal" (which it wouldn't have been), he turned around by going up Denver to 10th. The "would've been illegal" is a clear memory; the rest is vague.

As to Baylor, the one thing that's necessary to realize is that Baylor is not "a hospital," but an institution. It has and had many, many locations around Dallas and to many points beyond (it was at one point, I think, funded through the Southern Baptist Conference, or operated under its auspices). The Baylor Dental School is located east of downtown, near Fair Park (Orange Bowl, etc.), and is favored by many people of lesser means because its services are less expensive than going to a "real" dentist: it is a teaching college, and if a student doesn't operate on you, some are in attendance just to see what the doctor/professor is teaching.

Where Tatum worked is west of downtown at another of their facilities, the same hospital on Gaston Avenue where Harry Olsen had spent time recuperating from smashing up his car, ribs and knee early in 1964 (that building was imploded a few years ago). Oswald's exhumation autopsy was conducted at yet another Baylor University facility.

There is no connection between any of the events or circumstances described beyond the Baylor name.

I'll try to turn up that article, but a search on the phrase "would have been illegal" didn't give me any results ... or rather, too many.

Hey Duke,

Is Tatum still around Oak Cliff?

Maybe he can tell us if he took any pictures of the motorcade.

Besides working for a miltiary contractor as a photographer, who took off work to take photos of the motorcade, and got sidetracked to Oak Cliff and witnessed the murder of Tippit, and then not making an official report for fifteen years, Tatum's testimony is suspicious because of the way the Blakey led HSCA twisted his testimony to indicate the final, fatal head shot was a mob-style execution.

BK

Is Tatum still around Oak Cliff? Maybe he can tell us if he took any pictures of the motorcade. ....
Why not check here and let us know what you find out? This isn't difficult ....

Is Tatum still around Oak Cliff? Maybe he can tell us if he took any pictures of the motorcade. ....
Why not check here and let us know what you find out? This isn't difficult ....

Gary Mack makes note that Jack Ray Tatum died in 2002, and the Sixth Floor does not have an oral history with him.

Thanks, Gary.

Maybe one of his relatives in the Dallas area knows the answer to the question of whether he got any photos of the motorcade.

BK