The Education Forum

parade route question

The Oxnard call is a huge tell. With little chance of being elaborated on.

Ron is right that the dispatcher's report of ambulances standing by begs many questions. To which I'd add, standing by where? Parkland? For what? Was this standard procedure?

We should keep bumping this thread. Or start a new one about an individual stepping forward in the line of the Dallas motorcade procession, giving a desperate, last-ditch, urgent warning. Instantly neutralized by Secret Service, never heard from again. Someone here knows more about this. Ron, Jamey and I each read about it. I seem to recall this incident made it into a brief account in a local paper. I've tried to search this forum for confirming detail. Duck Duck Go so far no help. Doesn't seem to be in Larry Hancock's Someone Would Have Talked. I've looked in my Palamara books and my scattered notes.  Jamey thinks it was mentioned in The Lone Star Speaks, not a book I've examined yet, and not a part of the several vintage and out-of-print Internet archives I've stumbled over: one associated with DPUK, the one at Archive.Org, and this one I only discovered lately, Robert Morrow's stash located at https://www.box.com/s/8b408e6999f8799dfd0a?page=1

Apocryphal? It tracks somewhat with the otherwise-lamentable story "Profile in Silver," from the 1985-1986 season of The Twilight Zone.

Speaking of The Twilight Zone, lol, I wish someone on some platform would do an anthology series on the JFK assassination and it's aftermath. You'd have enough material for at least 20 or 30 seasons even if it came on year round, lol! You could do an episode on Rose Cheramie, the umbrella man, the chain of possession on the Zapruder film with the Dino Brugioni revelation about it going to Hawkeye, etc. You could even do multiple episode story arcs on the Warren Commission, the Garrison investigation, the HSCA, and the ARRB. You could even do entire season arcs like showing the evolution of the critics from day one up to modern day. Shine a light on the people who questioned the "official" story from the beginning. We owe these people a debt of gratitude that we could never repay! Anyway, it's these small stories that the casual followers of assassination lore may never even hear about that fascinate me! Like the Oxnard call. The Raleigh call. Coley at the news and his puddles of blood, etc.

On 2/18/2022 at 4:50 AM, Jamey Flanagan said:

Speaking of The Twilight Zone, lol, I wish someone on some platform would do an anthology series on the JFK assassination and it's aftermath. You'd have enough material for at least 20 or 30 seasons even if it came on year round, lol! You could do an episode on Rose Cheramie, the umbrella man, the chain of possession on the Zapruder film with the Dino Brugioni revelation about it going to Hawkeye, etc. You could even do multiple episode story arcs on the Warren Commission, the Garrison investigation, the HSCA, and the ARRB. You could even do entire season arcs like showing the evolution of the critics from day one up to modern day. Shine a light on the people who questioned the "official" story from the beginning. We owe these people a debt of gratitude that we could never repay! Anyway, it's these small stories that the casual followers of assassination lore may never even hear about that fascinate me! Like the Oxnard call. The Raleigh call. Coley at the news and his puddles of blood, etc.

Agree 100% JF.

And I guarantee you a many episode anthology series with the theme you suggest would have a rock solid viewer base. Easily bigger and more loyal than 80% of any of the others we have seen.

Even though the number of Americans who actually lived through the JFK presidency era and still relate to his name, his charisma and the shock and sadness of his murder are a small minority now, there is just too much fascinating content to his story.

Thousands of colorful, mysterious, intriguing, nutty, dangerous and even physically attractive and sexy side stories and characters.

One of the main and most important aspects of such a series would of course be as you stated; the over-all aftermath of JFK's murder on us as a nation and society.

I know that as a 12 year old on 11,22,1963 I was not so young that JFK's killing did not shake my perception of reality in so many ways. Even though I was unable to articulate this at all at that age.

What shook me 10X more however was when I watched ( on live nationally broadcast TV ) sleazy Dallas strip joint owner Jack Ruby leap from the press crowd in the Dallas PD basement to blow Lee Harvey's guts apart while Oswald was being walked right next to Ruby and handcuffed to two police guards on his side in a room full of dozens of other armed Dallas PD personnel.

As I've posted many times here, I was alone in my bedroom and watching this on an old junky black and white TV that was going to be thrown out when my stepfather finally bought a new color TV.  I salvaged it instead.

When Ruby leaped out and fired into Oswald ( it was a loud shot even on TV ) I spontaneously and unthinkingly jumped up and off my bed and began shouting "NO WAY, NO WAY,NO WAY!" Over and over I kept shouting this to no one but myself.

Even at that young age, every fiber of my gut, heart and brain instincts told me this murder of handcuffed Oswald right inside the Dallas PD building was just "too" improbable. Too suspicious. Too impossibly wrong. A set up.

I knew or sensed even then that Oswald himself was the "only" main key we all had to ever know the truth about the JFK event.

His killing instantly told you we would now never know what the truth was. It was a deep sickening realization.

I also knew ( like millions of other TV watching Americans for sure ) that Oswald was one of the most threatened persons ( if not the most threatened ) in our history. The TV newscasts and newspapers were reporting this fact continuously.

From that minute ( Ruby shooting Oswald ) on, I was suspicious of the whole JFK murder event. And every other rational person seeing this should have been too.

An episode of an anthology as you perceive, focused just on the Oswald murder in the Dallas PD basement should show a montage of simulated TV audience shock reactions just like mine all across the country.

To highlight the power of the suspicion causing trauma that event seared into the minds and guts of millions of Americans just like me.

Because that event alone triggered the greatest wave of mistrust in our government ever. Initially more than JFK's shooting death which we did not see " live and in person."

Mistrust that was incredibly strong ( unprecedented ) for decades after, and even though us live TV witnesses are biting the dust more and more, there is still mistrust with our second generation probably from the suspicion born stories shared by their mothers and fathers about that event and time period.

"Hearing and reading" about JFK's murder on 11,22,1963 was shocking to the max.

But actually witnessing Oswald being loudly shot ( the shot and Oswald's loud pain shout ) in the gut on live national TV was more powerful in it's traumatizing effect on tens of millions of Americans. Traumatizing with great suspicion and doubt.

If America had actually been shown the Zapruder film the night of 11,22,1963 or even the next day, the trauma effect would have been 10X deeper than just reading and hearing about it.

Getting back to an anthology series, I know the audiences would be held in a strong grip and get hooked on watching each show.

Mainly because the whole incredible story is true and so full of the most colorful and intriguing characters and drama a script writer could ever dream up.

Heck, whether or not the documentary "The Men Who Killed Kennedy" was  wantonly put together and overly dramatic with an ominous and maybe a little hokey scoring accompaniment I still found it so compelling I had to watch every episode.

I still think the TMWKK has greater value and credibility that it's detractors.

If even half of what the interviewees shared is true, it's a gold mine imo.

And imagine if this documentary had never been made. 

And we never got to see and hear what these 1st, 2nd and 3rd hand witnesses saw, heard and experienced regards the JFK event and all those suspect characters attached to it.

The funeral home director and the late night FBI visit with Oswald's postmortem body.

I could list 50 more like him and his individual story.

Jack Ruby had so much intrigue movies were made just about him. Books written just about him.

One anthology episode would not be near sufficient to cover big Jack.

Let us see Jack Ruby being sent to Cuba to personally pass a message to one of the highest ranking Mafia members in the country, Santos Trafficante in a Castro jail cell. And weigh that fact against the constant proclamations that Ruby was just a nobody running a constant bill owing and stripper pay shorting joke of a sleazy strip joint who's only Mafia connection was probably passing on some small gambling operation profits to the local Dallas mob folks.

I hope such a series like you suggest JF happens. The JFK murder truth is no less important now than 60 years ago.

It changed our lives and our nation's and our society's course way too much to simply wave it off as something that isn't still majorly important because it happened so long ago.

Edited by Joe Bauer