The Education Forum

Question regarding Walker Shooting, Klein's Carcano

In the thread "SOUTHPAW," Mr. Purvis posted testimony that indicated that LHO knew that the shortened "long rifle" Mannlicher-Carcanos, such as the ones sold as "carbines" by Klein's Sporting Goods, were inaccurate and virtually worthless, due to the removal of a critical portion of the "progressive" rifling that initially made them accurate. And Mr. Purvis implies that the C2766 carbine that allegedly "did the deed" from the TSBD, was a "true" carbine and was therefore accurate, at least out to 100 yards or so.

That begs the question: Could it be that the Walker shooting, which missed its intended target, was merely for the "purpose" of demonstrating [to someone, anyway] that the rifle from Klein's was as inaccurate as ........ , and therefore unsuitable for LHO's "mission," whatever it might have been? In other words, was the Walker incident possibly an intentional miss, to demonstrate the need for an "actual" carbine rather than a "sawed-off" POS for LHO's "assignment"?

Just something to think about. But it might explain how Walker "knew" that it was LHO who fired in his direction...something that, IMHO, has never been adequately explained.

[imagine the conversation went something like: "Why, with that rifle you couldn't hit me from right across the street!" And of course, he didn't, either.]

Edited by Mark Knight

Since Mr. Purvis hasn't responded [and Tom, please forgive my improper usage of the term "carbine" when I should've used "short rifle"!], I want to invite responses from others on this topic.

With the information Mr. Purvis has provided regarding LHO's knowledge that the cut-down rifle from Klein's was an inaccurate weapon, does this not also raise the possibility that the shot taken, alleged by LHO, at Walker was not a case of attempted murder, but merely for demonstration purposes?

I once read on this forum that Walker may have had access to some Mannlicher-Carcano rifles originally reserved for an elite Italian military unit...but I don't have that information at hand at the moment.

If allowed to speculate...might it not be possible that when LHO allegedly "buried" the [inaccurate] Klein's Carcano [possibly in a predetermined spot], the gun he "dug up" later might have been the more-accurate short rifle that was found in the TSBD? Or is this too wild and fanciful an explanation to be entertained?

Since Mr. Purvis hasn't responded [and Tom, please forgive my improper usage of the term "carbine" when I should've used "short rifle"!], I want to invite responses from others on this topic.

With the information Mr. Purvis has provided regarding LHO's knowledge that the cut-down rifle from Klein's was an inaccurate weapon, does this not also raise the possibility that the shot taken, alleged by LHO, at Walker was not a case of attempted murder, but merely for demonstration purposes?

I once read on this forum that Walker may have had access to some Mannlicher-Carcano rifles originally reserved for an elite Italian military unit...but I don't have that information at hand at the moment.

If allowed to speculate...might it not be possible that when LHO allegedly "buried" the [inaccurate] Klein's Carcano [possibly in a predetermined spot], the gun he "dug up" later might have been the more-accurate short rifle that was found in the TSBD? Or is this too wild and fanciful an explanation to be entertained?

Mark;

http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/...s/WW/fwaaf.html

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...eport_0214b.htm

Since it would appear that others apparantly do not consider the "Walker Shooting" of that great of significance, let me state that I do!

Unfortunately, without further knowledge in regards to this event (and Walker), the motives of LHO can not be placed into their proper perspective.

Boy, I'd love for Jim Root to add a comment or two to this thread. Jim looks upon the shooting at Walker as a hostile act by LHO; I'm beginning to see it as just the opposite...a set-up event with two purposes: (1) to demonstrate the inaccuracy of the cutoff long rifle ordered from Klein's, as well as (2) to plant the thought that, even in right-wing nut country, Walker's life was in jeopardy.

In event that LHO actually ordered and received the 36-inch Carbine and/or (Short Rifle cut to Carbine Length) with serial C2766, then someone who had a supply of Carcano's and/or parts, managed to provide him with a Short Rifle which bore the exact same serial number.

Which, with all things considered, would not be that difficult.

So I'd like to explore just where Oswald--and his co-conspirator(s)--might have obtained the highly accurate "short rifle" with serial number C2766 to substitute for the Klein's cut-off long rifle with serial number C2766. Because if someone provided LHO with a "ringer" for the actual Klein's rifle, then they become an accessory to whatever LHO did with that rifle...do they not?

Again, I'd like to raise the idea, previously stated on this forum, that Walker himself may have had access to some Carcanos. That might then raise the possibility that Walker was involved in the conspiracy, which might better explain why the whole Walker shooting thing was raised so quickly after the assassination.

The late Gerry Hemming, always cryptic in his answers to some questions--meaning that the questioner hadn't, in Hemming's view, done enough research--steered me toward Empire in Montreal as the source of the recovered Carcano...but then suggested I direct my attention toward French intelligence in Montreal for the answers. Whether Gerry was yankin' my chain or not... as Tom Purvis suggests, the rifle capable of making the shots from the 6th floor of the TSBD was certainly NOT the sawed-off long rifle Klein's was selling. So, assuming the M-C found in the TSBD was the rifle used in the assassination, it certainly couldn't have been the one Alek Hidell ordered from Klein's.

SO FROM WHERE DID THE "short rifle" in police custody COME?? And what happened to the Klein's [cut-down] rifle? Or is THAT why there are two photos in evidence with the same serial number, but in different stampings? Does the government actually have TWO Carcanos in custody? [i'm about to convince myself that they do!]

B, thanks for posting all the visual stuff.

For the purposes of the point I was trying to make, I only needed the two serial numbers C2766 that don't exactly match.

Why? Because I'm simply trying to establish the fact that the C2766 shipped by Klein's was, as Thomas Purvis has noted, a 6.5 mm "long rifle" that had the barrel cut off to carbine length...and that, by doing so, the progressive rifling used in the long rifle was rendered highly inaccurate...and therefore the Klein's version of C2766 was physically incapable of the degree of accuracy necessary to prove EITHER the WC scenario [aka the "fairy tale"] OR the shots/hits depicted in the West survey, which Mr. Purvis so often cites.

So if there is a bit of truth to the data recorded in the West survey...AND the shots were fired from a Mannlicher-Carcano with serial number C2766--a "short rifle, " as described by Mr. Purvis as being highly accurate...THEN that would at least explain the anomalies in the photos of the serial number stampings...that there were [AT LEAST] two [if not more] M-C rifles with serial number C2766 which were IN CUSTODY of the DPD/SS/FBI or some other police entity.

And if that was to be the case, I can see how the expert "examination" of two rifles could "prove" what a certain rifle did or didn't do, ballistically...and, since BOTH rifles had the same serial number, the attributes of one could be ascribed to the other...making the testimony of the firearms experst essentially true, while still being a total deception. In other words, I could say that {short rifle} C2766 was capable of the shots at Z313 [and beyond]...and because of the serial number being the same, "imply" that this capability was true of the Klein's rifle. I believe that con men of old referred to deception of this nature as "the old shell game."

AND...since the "parentage" of "short rifle" C2766 is unknown, it IS possible that LHO might have had a hand in assembling it...and leaving a palm print on the underside of the barrel...YET the gun, technically, is otherwise NOT tied to Oswald, because it's NOT the Hidell gun from Klein's. [Confusing enough for you yet??]...But the serial number allows the "short rifle" to be sold to the public as the same gun.

So the key to the assassination, then, becomes...what was the source of the C2766 "short rifle," which COULD make the lone gunman story come true [when the Klein's rifle COULDN'T?] And with LHO's knowledge that the Klein's gun was horribly inaccurate, why would he go ahead and order it, whether to kill Walker, JFK, or even just prairie dogs?

I'm just a person asking questions, and trying to fill in holes and gaps in the logic surrounding LHO and the Klein's rifle. I don't have an agenda here. It just seems to me that, if LHO knew that the Klein's rifle was inaccurate--as he apparently knew--then he'd have no reason to bring it to the TSBD, and LHO as assassin is ruled out. And even if he knew where to get the accurate "short rifle," why would he want one with the exact serial number of the one purchased from Klein's...which, if used in the assassination [as it apparently was], would automatically be linked by that serial number to the Klein's rifle, and then to Hidell/Oswald?

The only way that last scenario would make sense--to a sane person--would be that either LHO had a death wish, or LHO wasn't the shooter, and had no idea that the "short rifle" with the serial number exactly matching his Klein's gun would be found in the TSBD [assuming it actually was found there].

I tried the "search" function on the forum, but I was unable to make it work for me...but I seem to recall sometime in the distant past reading that General Edwin Walker might have had access to some "elite" Mannlicher-Carcanos directly after WWII. Can anyone head me in the right direction to find that thread?

Mark:

Yes, I am following.........surprise.....

From memory...groan...Been a long time...

There is also infomation and I am having a look, that the rifle he LHO,

Hidell, ordered was from the wrong month of the Rifle magazine, the rifle that

he supposedly placed the order for was not advertised..

so ??

I know this is another ...but the M.O to pay for such, was received I believe

a month too early for that particuar issue, re the rifle not being advertised for sale..

and the M/O was never deposited to any bank...this also leads to the

scullduggery re Kleins, their records and the Agencies....

Just passing this along to confuse you all the more.....

Are we having fun yet..... :lol:

This may be the link you were searching for......

The Moschettieri Del Duce Carcano, LHO'S Alledged Murder Weapon

and John'e information.....

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=126&t=2923

Please carry on, interesting......

B.....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Mark:

You may be interested in these few links, re the Moschettieri......

Ritchson....

The work done by jerrymac shows the presence of at least two different rifles designated CE-139/C2766 and that one of them is a very rare ceremonial rifle known as a Moschettieri del Duce Carcano which was possibly smuggled into the US after WWII by General Walker who commanded a special forces battalion in Italy and who was in a position to recieve the surrender of the Gardia del Duce or Mussolini's Guard along with their ceremonial rifles. Also Jack White has produced evidence of 3 different rifles, two of them with distinctly different front sight blades, one of which is of a shark-fin configuration, while the other has what Jack calls a derby-hat configuration.

http://www.angelfire.com/me/carcano/richards.html

Carcano Model Identification

http://personal.stevens.edu/~gliberat/carcano/models.html

An Assassination Rifle - the Fucile M 91/38 "C 2766"

http://personal.stevens.edu/~gliberat/carcano/c2766.html

Carcano's

http://translate.google.com/translate?sour...arcano91%2ehtml

Below originally from Deanie's site.....Evidence black handle ? Carcano.....

Edited by Bernice Moore

Mark

You stated, "Boy, I'd love for Jim Root to add a comment or two to this thread. Jim looks upon the shooting at Walker as a hostile act by LHO"

My research began when I first read the Warren Report and learned that Oswald had been accused of attempting to assassinate Edwin Walker. I had never heard of this event before reading the Warren Report! In hindsight this is not so surprizing since movies like Stones JFK just don't seem to want to deal with it.

Having had a casual background in military history I knew that a Major Gerneral in 1963 would have done something during WWII. I was correct, although Walker's pre-Little Rock exploits were surprizingly difficult to uncover. When I finally succeed in reaching back into time I discovered not the screwy idiot that has been portrayed in history but rather a very complicated historical figure that found himself repeatedly at the center of some of the most important early Cold War developments and events. A man deeply emersed in Army counter intelligence and highly trusted by his number one benifactor, Maxwell Taylor. A man who was also called upon to do provide specific service to at least two projects that were of importance to John J. McCloy during WWII.

Without going into alot of the depth which surrounds my research, complicated to say the least, I early on decided to see if it would be possible to discover a motive of why Oswald would attempt to assasssinate Walker, if he did in fact attempt to assassiante Walker. It was my thought that if Oswald had in fact attempted to kill Walker and succeeded the succeeded in killing Kennedy we would today consider Oswald a serial killer. I had heard that serial killers usually have a common thread in the choice of their victims, something by the way, contrary to what the Warren Commission suggests in thier attempt to tie the two events apart.

Via my research I have been led to three undisputable facts that can all be explaned within an Oswald/Walker connection and motive.

1) Oswald's travel from London to Helsinki.....not identified by the Warren Report although passenger lists were available (the Warren Commision did provide the exact cost of this travel to the penny, but not the passenger lists). Walker was traveling to Europe at this same time and (with the help of Antti Hynonen) have proven that there was the possibility that both Walker and Oswald could have been on the same flight out of London although they could have had different destinations.

2) FBI agent James Patrick Hosty wrote three notes concerning the movements of Oswald in the days, weeks and months prior to the assassiantion of JFK, including his final note listing Oswald's place of employment. John Newman (Oswald and the CIA) identified that the first two of those notes made it to the office of Richard Helms. The third note, the one identifing where Oswald worked has NEVER appeared on a CIA list of items that had been collected dealing with Lee Harvey Oswald. If the CIA's non identification of this third Hosty note is to be accepted we must also accept that no other people within the government of the US had access to the facts surrounding exactly where Oswald was working. If this note has been withheld....well perhaps, if uncovered, we would have our smoking gun! The note must exist! At the end of WWII Helms was part of the OSS Station in Stockholm which was involved in Operation Stella Polaris. This operation began when a man named John Hurt translated a Japanese communication dealing with the movement of Finnish cryptologist at the end of WWII. This operation would lead to what became known as the Venona Project (breaking Soviet codes) which would be led by Frank Rowlett and Meredith Gardner (incidently the same two men who would report on Lee Harvey Oswald's potential intelligence connections).

3) Lee Harvey Oswald would attempt to make an outgoing phone call to someone named John Hurt just hours before he himself was murdered. Edwin Walker can first be associated with the cryptologist John B. Hurt in 1934. By 1941 this same John B. Hurt would be associated with John J. McCloy (who would use information provided by Hurt to attempt to halt the use of the first Atomic Bomb) and Maxwell Taylor. The "Raleigh Call" somehow missed being added to the Warren Report but two close associates of John B. Hurt (Frank Rowlett and Meredith Gardner) would provide information for the Warren Report that would specifically suggest that there was no connection between Oswald and intelligence.

Dealing with the attempt on the life of Walker. The wall that the bullet that missed Walker passed through is perpendicular to the wall that has the window that the bullet passed through. Until I saw the press footage I assumed that the window and the wall were parallel to each other. By seeing the news reports and viewing the damage done to the window paine as well as seeing the angle from which the shot must have been fired to pass through a wall that was perpendicular to the window wall.....well the shot was at best, a long shot that came very close to hitting the man that it was intended for!

Jim Root

Thanks once again, B., for the info you posted. The John Ritchson information was, indeed, what I was attempting to find with the forum's "search" function. If the rifle that "did the deed" in Dealy was, indeed, the rifle in the archives--the Moschettiere del Duce--then the murder weapon definitely was NOT the cut-down carbine the Alek Hidell ordered from Klein's.

Perhapos this is like the autopsy personell sectioning the second brain...the brain that included portions that, in JFK's brain, were missing after the shooting.

At this point, I'm surprised that Mr. Purvis, with all his expertise regarding Carcano rifles, hasn't addressed my questions in this thread. I would think that, with hios inquisitive mind, he would've discovered other possible sources for the short rifle found in the TSBD, sources which might explain why LHO would leave a rifle there that would incriminate himself by its serial number, yet NOT be the exact rifle--with the shortened barrel--shipped to Hidell by Klein's. Surely even Mr. Purvis has a theory on how--and why--this occurred.

And thanks once again, Mr. Jim Root, for responding. I've been following the research you've posted on the forum about Walker and Oswald, and the extreme likelihood that they had a relationship prior to the April '63 shooting at Walker's house.

IF--BIG "IF" here--the rifle in the National Archives is one of the ultra-rare Moschettiere del Duce models--less than 200 made--and IF Walker had one of these, possibly as a war trophy, prior to the assassination...but didn't have one afterwards...AND assuming that Walker and Oswald had a relationship on the road to Helsinki, and possibly afterwards as well... Well, it's hard for me to NOT entertain the possibility that the relationship between LHO and Walker was NOT adversarial, and that the Walker shooting was a set-up...it made Walker a target, at least on paper; it "proved" the inaccuracy of the Klein's cut-down rifle; and it gave LHO tho "opportunity" to, in Marina's words, "bury" the Klein's rifle and later pick up the more accurate "short rifle" used in the actual assassination.

But I'm still having trouble understanding how Oswald would consciously either leave behind, or allow someone else to leave behind, a rifle that has a serial number that will trace back to Hidell/Oswald...even if it's NOT the rifle shipped from Klein's. Even Oswald would've been smart enough to know that "evidence" might be enough, in the eyes of a jury, to put him in the electric chair...so I find it hard to believe that he would KNOWINGLY have taken that risk.

Of course, it's also highly unlikely, in MY mind, that someone would take a 1-of-200 rare rifle and mount that cheap Jap scope on it, therefore ruining its collector value...unless they knew beforehand the purpose of the modification, which would make that 1-of-200 rifle a one-of-a-kind.

Like many of the facts that are known, sometimes 2 + 2 doesn't quite equal 4 in the JFK assassination story...which is why, I suppose, that this bit about Oswald and Walker and the rifle{s} is so troubling to me. Logical minds seek logical answers, and that logical answer is proving elusive to me.

Mark

A lot of IF's:

"IF--BIG "IF" here--the rifle in the National Archives is one of the ultra-rare Moschettiere del Duce models--less than 200 made--and IF Walker had one of these, possibly as a war trophy, prior to the assassination...but didn't have one afterwards...AND assuming that Walker and Oswald had a relationship on the road to Helsinki, and possibly afterwards as well... Well, it's hard for me to NOT entertain the possibility that the relationship between LHO and Walker was NOT adversarial, and that the Walker shooting was a set-up...it made Walker a target, at least on paper; it "proved" the inaccuracy of the Klein's cut-down rifle; and it gave LHO tho "opportunity" to, in Marina's words, "bury" the Klein's rifle and later pick up the more accurate "short rifle" used in the actual assassination.....if it's NOT the rifle shipped from Klein's."

In my study of Walker's fall from grace (Overseas Weekly article and investigation) and overlapping that upon what we now know from the CIA and State Department records surrounding Oswald's attempts to return to the United States from the Soviet Union...it is my belief, and it fits well within the facts as known, that Walker was a fall guy already....before Oswald even returned to the United States!

Let me produce my IF list:

If Walker provided Oswald with the State Department information regarding the purchase of First Class Intourist Vouchers (information which was provided by Ambassador Hickerson one day prior to Oswald's arrival in Helsinki...the extra travel day that required Oswald to spend additional money in order to arrive in Helsinki a day later than he needed to) in order to expedite his Visa (directions which Oswald did in fact follow) and IF Oswald could then identify Walker as the man who provided him with this information....Walker becomes, in the eyes of Oswald, the leader of a very bad organization (which is what Oswald apparently believed). Using the words of Oswald spoken at Spring Hill College we find that the downing of the U-2 and the failure of the Paris Summit were very much on the mind of Oswald in the days between the assassination attempt on Walker and the murder of Kennedy. Since the failure of the Paris Summit was something that John J. McCloy expressed an interest in as early as November 1959, is it surprising that the Paris Summit did in fact fail? By June of 1963 McCloy was openly opposed to Kennedy's nuclear flip flop and in a conversation with Dwight Eisenhower spoke of the fact that there was not a Republican that he felt was qualified for the presidency but that McCloy also felt that Kennedy needed to be replaced.

In this senario Oswald was supposed to have stayed in the Soviet Union and never returned (a good explanation as to why there was no 201 file opened by the CIA upon his initial "defection"). But Oswald did return which would require that Walker be made to look like the ultra right wing fanatic that might be willing to attempt to facilitate an international event (like the downing of a U-2) which could lead to WWIII rather than the U-2 event being revealed as a staged event to protect the United States from being forced into signing a Limited Test Ban Treaty that was not considered to be in the best interest of the United States.

Within the Walker records it is significant to note that at the time of his forced removal from command he was baffled! He himself believed that the CIA was behind it and attempted to extract as much information as to the "Who" that was setting him up as well as to the "Why" he was being set up.

When the assassination of Kennedy did occur Walker went to great lengths to identify himself to those people who were around him. At exactly 7:00 am the following morning a German newspaper called Walker at the Captain Shreve Hotel in Shreveport, LA and based upon two phone interviews with Walker, published the story of the Walker assassination attempt in their publication the following Thursday. The question of how the German reporter knew to contact Walker at the Captain Shreve Hotel has never been answered.

It is my belief that Walker recognized Oswald's picture on the television set in his hotel room immediatly (as the "defector" that he had helped to enter the Soviet Union) and as a Dallas resident and a man who had been portrayed as both a "right wing" nut as well as an enemy of Kennedy that Walker may have believed that he was being set up! It is my belief that Walker then "arranged" the interview with the German publication on the morning of the 23rd to protect himself because he knew that whoever had Kennedy killed had to be the same people that had had him (Walker) help Oswald into the Soviet Union and then had Walker forced out of the military (very powerful people indeed)!

I suggest that everyone read the Walker testimony for the Warren Commission...it is interesting to say the least....and the letter sent by John J. McCloy to Walker in June of 1963 (three copies of which I have now found in easily locatable places) were, in my belief, the insurance policy that was needed by the conspirators to compel Walker to "play along" or be implicated in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy!

Remember that it is the CIA memo to Attorney David Belin that provides the nexus....if Oswald shot at Walker and given Oswald's pro Castro leanings....Oswald would be a shoe in to assassinate the President. The conspirators had their shooter and didn't even have to "program" him to do it....just run the motorcade past where he worked and make sure that Hosty's third note (which could identify who had the information dealing with where Oswald worked) never saw the light of day. (By the way, attorney John J. McCloy was involved in questioning Hosty about that note but never bothered making it part of the official record. Interesting that McCloy would participate in the witholding of that information from the American public).

In my senario we don't need a lot of IF's, just a couple of conspirators that could run a motorcade past a man that they already knew had a weapon and the had a willingness to shoot the man the conspirators wanted eliminated!

Very simple actually!

Jim Root

Thanks once again, B., for the info you posted. The John Ritchson information was, indeed, what I was attempting to find with the forum's "search" function. If the rifle that "did the deed" in Dealy was, indeed, the rifle in the archives--the Moschettiere del Duce--then the murder weapon definitely was NOT the cut-down carbine the Alek Hidell ordered from Klein's.

Perhapos this is like the autopsy personell sectioning the second brain...the brain that included portions that, in JFK's brain, were missing after the shooting.

At this point, I'm surprised that Mr. Purvis, with all his expertise regarding Carcano rifles, hasn't addressed my questions in this thread. I would think that, with hios inquisitive mind, he would've discovered other possible sources for the short rifle found in the TSBD, sources which might explain why LHO would leave a rifle there that would incriminate himself by its serial number, yet NOT be the exact rifle--with the shortened barrel--shipped to Hidell by Klein's. Surely even Mr. Purvis has a theory on how--and why--this occurred.

And thanks once again, Mr. Jim Root, for responding. I've been following the research you've posted on the forum about Walker and Oswald, and the extreme likelihood that they had a relationship prior to the April '63 shooting at Walker's house.

IF--BIG "IF" here--the rifle in the National Archives is one of the ultra-rare Moschettiere del Duce models--less than 200 made--and IF Walker had one of these, possibly as a war trophy, prior to the assassination...but didn't have one afterwards...AND assuming that Walker and Oswald had a relationship on the road to Helsinki, and possibly afterwards as well... Well, it's hard for me to NOT entertain the possibility that the relationship between LHO and Walker was NOT adversarial, and that the Walker shooting was a set-up...it made Walker a target, at least on paper; it "proved" the inaccuracy of the Klein's cut-down rifle; and it gave LHO tho "opportunity" to, in Marina's words, "bury" the Klein's rifle and later pick up the more accurate "short rifle" used in the actual assassination.

But I'm still having trouble understanding how Oswald would consciously either leave behind, or allow someone else to leave behind, a rifle that has a serial number that will trace back to Hidell/Oswald...even if it's NOT the rifle shipped from Klein's. Even Oswald would've been smart enough to know that "evidence" might be enough, in the eyes of a jury, to put him in the electric chair...so I find it hard to believe that he would KNOWINGLY have taken that risk.

Of course, it's also highly unlikely, in MY mind, that someone would take a 1-of-200 rare rifle and mount that cheap Jap scope on it, therefore ruining its collector value...unless they knew beforehand the purpose of the modification, which would make that 1-of-200 rifle a one-of-a-kind.

Like many of the facts that are known, sometimes 2 + 2 doesn't quite equal 4 in the JFK assassination story...which is why, I suppose, that this bit about Oswald and Walker and the rifle{s} is so troubling to me. Logical minds seek logical answers, and that logical answer is proving elusive to me.

At this point, I'm surprised that Mr. Purvis, with all his expertise regarding Carcano rifles, hasn't addressed my questions in this thread. I would think that, with hios inquisitive mind, he would've discovered other possible sources for the short rifle found in the TSBD, sources which might explain why LHO would leave a rifle there that would incriminate himself by its serial number, yet NOT be the exact rifle--with the shortened barrel--shipped to Hidell by Klein's. Surely even Mr. Purvis has a theory on how--and why--this occurred

"Specific Questions" will receive Specific Answers. Even though they be pure speculation.

Which of course fits in with much of this forum!

1. Shooting (at) of General Walker:

a. Walker was a part of the overall scenario and it was purely a "diversionary" tactic.

b. Walker was found to be a "counter-intellgence" operative and his demise was necessitated.

c. Shooting of Walker was a "trial" run for LHO to verify that he could in fact take directives and thereafter, for absolutely no true motive, shoot someone.

d. Shooting of Walker was to be the "key" element in the plan to get LHO accepted into Cuba in order to gain access to his (original) true target.

e. Shooting of Walker was necessitated as he presented a completely "disruptive" influence which could have created changes in the Presidential visit plan. (ie; route change/cancellation of motorcade; extremely tighter security/quieten down the right-wing, etc; etc;.)

f. Shooting of Walker was done in order to persuade those such as Michael Paine, etc; that he (LHO) was against the "Right-Wing" and therefore no threat to JFK and his visit. Thusly diverting potential attention away from any planned assassination plot.

g. Shooting of Walker was necessitated as he had gotten wind/heard rumors of the planned assassination plot.

h. Shooting of Walker was necessitated due to:___________________(fill in the blank).*

*Although any of the above are potentially "partial" reason's for the shot at Walker, the best PRIMARY reason that I can think of, has yet to be presented.

Understanding of the Walker shooting and it's reason(s) is absolutly essential in the ultimate understanding of the primary conspiracy in which LHO was involved.

A Conspiracy that, whatever it's original intended purpose, ended with the shooting of JFK in Dealy Plaza on 11/22/63, by a "Lone Gunman" shooting from the sixth floor of the TSDB with the found Carcano (Short Rifle) that was located there.

===============================================================================

Just something to think about. But it might explain how Walker "knew" that it was LHO who fired in his direction...something that, IMHO, has never been adequately explained.

[imagine the conversation went something like: "Why, with that rifle you couldn't hit me from right across the street!" And of course, he didn't, either.]

================================================================================

Imagine the conversation went something like: "Who put that crazy SOB up to shooting at me?"

===============================================================================

P.S. Anyone unfamiliar with Carcano ammunition could, and would most probably, initially confuse old Italian Carcano ammo as being "steel jacketed" as the cupro-nickle jacket almost favors some form of stainless steel.

Which of couse also makes it a harder jacket which is far less prone to severe deformation upon impact.

However, since the WCC Carcano ammo is a "pure" copper jacket, only someone who is completely color blind would confuse it with a "steel jacketed" bullet.

As well as the fact that the WCC bullet is generally far more lethal as it's soft copper jacket allows for severe deformation upon striking of any hard substance such as bone, etc;.