The Education Forum

Just a reminder

39 years ago today, men from Earth landed and walked on the surface of the Moon.

Michael Collins - Command Module Pilot

Edwin 'Buzz' Aldrin - Lunar Module Pilot

Neil Armstrong - Commander

"God speed the crew of Apollo 11"

Guest Stephen Turner
39 years ago today, men from Earth landed and walked on the surface of the Moon.

I was out in my Parents back yard, building a chess board (which I still have) when my Dad stuck his head out and yelled, "The Yanks are about to land on the Moon" I declined his offer, and carried on with my woodwork, thus missing one of the pivital events of the twentieth century.

I was in primary school, and we all gathered around the B&W TV set to watch it. To be honest, I have more vivid memories of a local reporter, Syd Donovan, doing reports from then Cape Kennedy prior to the flight. I still clearly remember Skylab re-entering over Perth. Fantastic light show.

Guest Stephen Turner

Since this is the substance of your post, why did you start this thread in the "Political Conspiracies" directory?

I don't want to reply for Evan but, there has been the odd thread questioning the Apollo Moon landings here. So, its either the aniversary of one of man/womankinds greatest achievements, or, the aniversary of one of its greatest hoaxes.

Stephen has it right.

It's been the subject of many threads, but just also to remind people that it was the anniversary of that fantastic event.