The Education Forum

Thy Will Be Done: Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism

You know, Rocky really was involved up to his neck, not only in South America, the Rocky Commission, and in oil generally, but specifically with his company's ownership of Magnolia Oil Company, which has a few very tight connections to the JFK assassination.

Jim Braden's partner Victor Perria (sp?) married a rich Dallas widow, a Mrs. Little, whose husband was one of the top founders or partners in Magnolia.

Braden then moved in with them in their Turtle Creek home, not far from Walker's place and the Egyptian Lounge.

It was pretty obvious they were con men bilking the rich widow, and Dallas Sheriff Bill Decker had Braden picked up and run out of town as a vagrant with no visible means of support. The resulting press gave Braden and VP the nickname the "Honeymooners."

Decker had probably forgot about that incident on 11/22/63 when Braden was picked up as a suspicous person leaving the Dal Tex building by Dallas deputy sheriff Lummie Lewis.

LHO, the patsy and fall guy, was set up at the TSBD by Mrs. Paine, who met the Oswalds in February 1963 at a party at the home of some Magnolia Oil employees, including Volkmar Schmidt, who got his job with Magnolia in Germany, and Everett Glover, who met Michael Paine at a Unitarian Church folk dancing session.

Other Magnolia Oil people were at the party, including Betty McDonald (not the stripper), and the son of a Radio Free Europe executive.

At some point after Mr. Little was associated with Magnolia, the company was purchased by Rockefeller's Oil company and merged with Exon Mobil, now the most profitable company in the world.

It would be interesting to know if Rocky himself had any personal dealings with the Magnolia branch of his company, which I believe, was based in North Jersey.

Is there any mention of Magnolia Oil in the book?

Thanks,

BK

Great post BK. You're connecting a lot of dots.

The more I learn about the Paines the more I want to learn.

From the Ford/FBI/Warren Commission thread:

..... I am probably incorrect in resurrecting a distant and fading memory that says that Ford was a Rockefeller gofer...

From Thy Will Be Done:

Although Gerald Ford had testified during his own confirmation hearings for the vice presidency in late 1973 that he would not run for reelection if he succeeded Nixon, by 1975, Ford's desire

for election in his own right had grown. Nelson watched this development with concern. He had expected to succeed Ford; now he was not sure Ford would not bend to pressure from the right

wing of the Republican party and seek a running mate more to their liking. Nelson knew that California's Ronald Reagan was busy building a challenge in the Bible Belt. However, he underestimated Reagan,

considering him a "lightweight." Ford's political advisors took Reagan more seriously.

The authors go on to describe how Ford, with the help of Rumsfeld and Cheney, got Rockefeller to withdraw his name from the ticket in 1976. Shortly after, Ford purged Rockefeller power from the cabinet,

firing Kissinger, Schlesinger, "and weakened another Rockefeller like-thinker, George Bush, by appointing him head of the scandal-ridden spy agency." According to the authors:

Nelson would always claim that his removal from the 1976 Republican ticket was a deliberate effort to sabotage Gerald Ford's presidency. He saw Rumsfeld leading the Nixon wing and allying it with the Far Right,

backing Reagan to stop the Rockefeller wing of the party and bring down Ford in the process. Rumsfeld's move in the Pentagon to take Schlesinger's place as defense secretary would not remove his influence on

the White House. Rumsfeld kept in daily touch with his his successor as White House chief of staff, Dick Cheney.

Rockefeller had met with Ford and offered to become Ford's chief of staff and run the cabinet while Ford campaigned. Ford declined the offer. Rockefeller became exiled from politics and turned to setting his financial empire in order.

A few short years later, he was dead.

(To BK: Magnolia Oil was not mentioned in the index)

Thanks for posting this excerpt Mike.

Clearly this book will help us see the bones under the skin.

Nathaniel should get a finder's fee, or be voted employee of the month--or the forum equivalent, or something.

It's a FIND.

Bill,

Braden's partner was Victor Emanuel Pereira. Gertrude Joyce was the widow of the Magnolia Oil president that he conned some $40,000 from.

Braden was engaged to Joyce's daughter when Decker ran him out of town.

Braden and Pereira below.

James

Thanks James,

My source on "Mrs. Little" is Peter Noyes' Legacy of Doubt, I beleive.

I'm sure you're info is more accurate than his.

But on reading this:

http://supreme.justia.com/us/347/1/case.html

It appears that Mrs. Joyce may not be the Magnolia widow who lived on Turtle Creek, and that Braden and Victor Pereira had done this scheme more than once.

Is Pereira still alive?

BK

Hi Bill,

My information came from press reports in the Dallas papers of the day.

I am not sure if Pereira is still alive although his connections are intriguing. It seems he was an associate of Barney Baker who in turn was close to Dave Yaras. Baker had supposedly communicated with Jack Ruby in the weeks leading up to the assassination.

Baker had also allegedly spoken with Pereira in early November of 1963.

Pereira curiously was a close friend of Philip E. Scheib who in turn had some interesting associations that may well tie into the hit on RFK.

FWIW.

James

Bill,

Braden's partner was Victor Emanuel Pereira. Gertrude Joyce was the widow of the Magnolia Oil president that he conned some $40,000 from.

Braden was engaged to Joyce's daughter when Decker ran him out of town.

Braden and Pereira below.

James

Thanks James,

My source on "Mrs. Little" is Peter Noyes' Legacy of Doubt, I beleive.

I'm sure you're info is more accurate than his.

But on reading this:

http://supreme.justia.com/us/347/1/case.html

It appears that Mrs. Joyce may not be the Magnolia widow who lived on Turtle Creek, and that Braden and Victor Pereira had done this scheme more than once.

Is Pereira still alive?

BK

Hi Bill,

My information came from press reports in the Dallas papers of the day.

I am not sure if Pereira is still alive although his connections are intriguing. It seems he was an associate of Barney Baker who in turn was close to Dave Yaras. Baker had supposedly communicated with Jack Ruby in the weeks leading up to the assassination.

Baker had also allegedly spoken with Pereira in early November of 1963.

Pereira curiously was a close friend of Philip E. Scheib who in turn had some interesting associations that may well tie into the hit on RFK.

FWIW.

James

James,

I still think that the incidents involving Mrs. Joyce and Mrs. Lee Little are two different con jobs, and Mrs. Lee Little is the widow of the Magnolia Oil VP.

And from my chrono, the phone call from Barney Baker to Victor Pereria was October 9, 1963, though they might have talked again in early November.

I'm sure these issues can be clairified with research.

Both Brading and Pereria are still alive, as far as I can tell.

Also, Dan Moldea says he got a phone call from Braden out of the blue one day and quotes what Braden had to say in his book on Hover, if anybody has a copy handy.

BK

Bill,

You are right.

I checked the various press clippings and it seems they have differing accounts. That aside, Mrs. D.A. Little was indeed the widow of the president of Magnolia Oil.

Braden was allegedly living with Mrs. Frankie Harwell (the sister of Mrs. Little) at the time.

As to Pereira, his date of birth is May 3rd, 1918 and his social security number is - 559-10-8990

There is no record of him (at the Social Security Death Index) of having passed away.

FWIW.

James

Bill,

You are right.

I checked the various press clippings and it seems they have differing accounts. That aside, Mrs. D.A. Little was indeed the widow of the president of Magnolia Oil.

Braden was allegedly living with Mrs. Frankie Harwell (the sister of Mrs. Little) at the time.

As to Pereira, his date of birth is May 3rd, 1918 and his social security number is - 559-10-8990

There is no record of him (at the Social Security Death Index) of having passed away.

FWIW.

James

Thanks James,

You are the best.

I have a feeling those two rascals are living the high life, next to a golf course somewhere. And probably very anxious to sell their stories.

BK

Bill here are some Dallas Rocky links which were news to me anyway:

* The Summer Lingsuistics Institute-- run by the Cam Townsend with help from Rocky-- maintained close contract with Criswell's Church that included

other Kennedy haters the Hunts. The Hunts backed Goldwatter against Rocky in 64 but this can be very misleading, as I learned again and again, if

one insists on a strong dichotomy between Rocy and the Right wing of the Republicans. THE MORE I READ THIS BOOK THE MORE I WONDERED AT

THE WAY ROCKEFELLER WAS DESCRIBED AS A "LIBERAL" REPUBLICAN. He sure has much more in common with the unilatteral oil people than that

appelation would lead one to believe.

* Please check out this description of ROCKY'S ROLE IN THE TRANSITION FROM TEXAS OIL MONEY FROM LBJ TO NIXON:

Nixon was not only a political alternative to Johnson; he was also a means of escape from the scandals and indiscretions

surrounding Johnson. Formost was the famous Bobby Baker scandal..... Some of the same Texans had been named in

Senate Rules Committee hearings in connection with payoffs and loans to Baker in a a land-development scheme died to

Jimmy Hoffa's Teamster Penson fund. Johnson had cause to worry that his name would be smeared and he was not the only

one..... one of the Texas real estate firms active in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in 1963-- a firm that was partly owned by the

family of Bedford Wynne, one of the named 'Bobby Baker set' -- had a second controlling interest: the Rockefeller family.

Through Rockefeller Center, Inc., the Manhattan real estate firm now owned by Nelson and his brothers, the Rockefellers had

become parters with the Wynne family in the Great Southwest Corporation

[The above mentioned Wynne-Rockefeller link has been described by Peter Dale Scott, but comparing Deep Politics in terms of links

between the "Pete White-Ruby-Irwin-Hunt netherworld and the Bedford Wynne-Rockefeller overworld. However I found the following

links within footnote 6, that seemed new: the Great Southwest Corp link with Rockefeller Center, was "part of Nelson's growing

business ties with conservative Texan oil and financial principles, including Robert B. Anderson, a major stockholder in Delada Oil,

controlled by Bedford Wynn's uncle, T.L. Wynne (and after Anderson's sellout to return to the Eisenhower administration, 50 percent

controlled by Nelson's IBEC), and real estate developer Trammel Crow, a dirctor of Great Southwest.] Tramel Crow also controlled the

Trade Mart in Dallas. Nelson also considered Ross Perot a poltical friend in Texas, partly because as governor he had awarded Perot's

computer company, a big contract to process NY's welfare rolls even though it was not the lowest bid]

Should Robert Kennedy run for president and be elected, there was the likelihood of renewed federal investigations of organized crime

and of Baker and those linked to him. Who knew where this could lead? Lyndon Johnson his power wrecked on the shoals of

Vietnam, could not protect his friends or even himslelf.

The movement of conservative Texas money toward Richard Nison took on the appearance of a stampede. Some leading figures, like

Governor John Connally, eventually would follow the herd right out of the Democratic Party.

Of great importance to Nixon was the backing of Barry Goldwatter, rendered publicly as early as 1965. This backing brought in

Christian Fundementalists and the money behind Fundamentalism. Both the new money and the old money ahd a symbolic center

in Billy Graham. Graham's ministry, in turn, offered Nixon a mass base of conservative, middle-of-the-road voters.

Rockefeller, again ironically, given the financial ties and "friends" he thought he had made among Texas rightists, had been a key financial backer

of Billy Graham, in another effort to play the other side of the fence, this time from his more liberal World Council of Churches.

TEXAN LURES NEW YORK STRINGS (569-570)

Dallas was growing like an incubus in Cam's dreams for SIL's [summer Institute for Linguistics, a CIA,evangelical outfit

with some academic veneer provided mostly by the Univesity of OK. and also funded by Rockefeller and friends, like Belks

and Wachovia in Charleson N.C.] expansion. Cam's ties to Dallas had developed out of his friendship with William Criswell

and a supporting group of Texas businessmen.

In the public eye, the center of financial gravity of this group was the Hunt family, longtime supporters of SIL ..... By 1967-68,

when the Hunt's rightward rush led them away from Johnson and toward the third party effort headed by Alabama segregationist

George Wallace and General "bomb them back to the Stone age Curtis Lemay, Cam's base of support among Dallas businessmen

had widened to include oilmen, ranchers, an executitve in United Fidelity Union Life Insurance Company, the Chairman and

director of Texas Instruments, a director of the Dallas Trust Company, and the chairman of the First National Bank of Dallas.

The core group came from Texas Instuments (TI), the giant electronics conglomerate that had absorebe Interconntinental

Rubber of past infamy in the Congo, and Geophysical service Inc., a major oil surveyor in the Peruvian Amazon. In 1974

the Rockefellers would reveal,in the course of nelson's confiramtion hearings for the vice-presidency, that they and their

family trusts owned over 17 million$ worth of TI's common stock. The trust department of David's Chase Bank also held

a large block of stock in TI's bank, First National, the largest holding being controlled by the registrar, Stillman Rockefeller's

Fisrst National City bank.

In 1967, Cam used his newfound Dallas friends to leverage additional support from his old funding base in southern California.

He threatened to move SIL's international headquarters form Santa Ana to Dallas unless money was raised for a larger building.

..... While thus arming his Orange County supporters for a fund-raising appeal for a new adminsitartive headquarters, Cam plunged

ahead with plans to expand into Dallas with a new international translation center. Rightwing oilman Nelson bunker Hunt had made

an offer Cam could not refuse: 100 acres abutting Hunt's other properties, near the Southwest Center For Advanced Studies, or

money toward buying any other site in the Dallas area.... Cam was given the key to the city by the mayor, Erik Johnsson, TI's

top executive.

With all this excitement, something more significant than bibles seemed afoot, but the press could not grasp it. In the end, Cam had

his cake and ate it, too: He built the International Linguisitics Center that Dallas's oilmaen and elctronics bigwigs wanted. He got

Southern California businessmen to donate land and raise funds for a new SIL headquarters in Orange County's oil-rich Huntington

Beach, the future home in exile of South Vietnam's Nguyen Cao Ky.

Cam was now moving in diferent, more mainstream financial circles that from those he was accustomed to. Hunt, notwithstanding, Cam's

business allies in Dallas were part of a corporte network whose financial lines ran north to New York's financial estalishment and south and

west to oil exploration in the Amazon and Southeast Asia.

The athors state that this Dallas-New York connection led to SIL's growing involvement in the Southeast Asia where they later detail their

collaboration with the CIA.

These Rockefeller-Dallas and evangelical connections-- which seem to in some ways unite the "liberal' Rockefeller Republicans (actually one wonders

realizes just how deceptive this janus-faced (especialy in US0 world 'liberal' is when applied to Rocky by reading this book) with the bastions of bastions

of right wing economic unilateralism and militarism centerd in Dallas and Southern California-- made me think anew about a paradigm that P.D. Scott

describes in his book The Road To 9/11/

He sees the period between 1960and 73 being as one in which Council of Foreign Relations multilatteralism was still nominally dominant but increasingly being penetrated by American Security Council -like unilatteralism, with greater focus on Asia and Latin America. Since that time.... and Im paraphrasing rather roughly here... he sees the ASC view as triumphant. Did Rockefeller and and his Evangelical ties help smooth this transition? The book also describes

Rocky's close relations with the Belks and the rise of Charleson N.C.. which became a base of JAARS Jungle Aviation and Radio Service, which worked

very closely with Latin American dictators of the kind that JFK opposed and LBJ approved, in thier cooprative efforts with US oil companies.

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip (and teasers) on this book, Nat.

I just ordered it ($31.00 delivered) on Amazon ( appropriately in view of the South American subject matter of this treatise).

It should take me years to complete (not literally, but several months).

Nelson and his clan are figures about whom I know little.

Not content with mere wealth and the political clout that it garners, they apparently had to seek political office to achieve a feeling of self worth.

I have often gotten a chuckle in watching this group of well-heeled New Yorkers go to Arkansas, West Virginia and beyond to achieve their objectives.

Unfortunately, the Rockefeller Republicans (with whom I share little) have morphed into present day NeoCons.

Thanks again for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me speak frankly; were Major General William P. Yarborough in the same room with me, I might have some logisitcal difficulties in mellowing out.

Recently I learned some interesting things about Yarborough in Columbia during the Kennedy years. This interested me

because of what I had read in William Pepper's book An Act of State (2nd edition, April 2008) about Yarborough's involvement with the 902nd MIG which is described as present in Memphis, after flying in around 4AM on 4-4-68.

First some points from An Act of State:

* Pepper describes a relationship between the 902nd MIG and Carlos Marcello's org:

They were jointly involved in an extenisve gun running venture. Weapons stolen from army bases and

armories were delivered to the Marcello organization which arranged for their sale in Latin and South

America and elsewhere There proceeds were split equally and the 902nd used this "black" money for

covert operations. The operational link between the army and the mob was, apparently, a now deceased

20th SFG captain in New Orelans who dies in a suspicious car crash. I recalled Warren's accoud of running

guns from Camp Shelby to New Orleans where htey wre deliverd to Marcello's man Zip Chimento. I also

recalled Glenda Grabo's description of Raul and his associates picking up guns which were deliverd by water

and unloaded at Houston docks.

Downie also ties two other people tot hei activity. One was a senior Mossad agent working in South America

who acted as a senior liason to the US military and the CIA. The second was an officer of the 111th MIG

based at Frot McPherson in Georgia. Downie urged us to stay away from these individuals. (pp.76-77 Act of

State, 2nd edition)

* Earlier in the book Pepper gives this background on Yarborough:

The Eight MIG-- the 902nd-- was under the command of the army's Assistant Chief of Staff for Inteligence, who

from Demember 1966 until July 1968 was Major General William P Yarborough, the founder of units known

as the Green Berets. The MIG officers were responsible for eye to eye surveillance operations which included

audio and visual recordings of people ad events designated as targets. Dr. King was a target and throughtout

the last year of his life wa under surveillance by one or aother MIG team. Closely related to the USAINTC struture

at the time was the separate intelligence office under ACSI Yarborough.

In addition to controlling the 902nd MIG, he supervised the Counterintelligence Analysis Board (CIAB). This

analyzed a wide range of MIG-produced intelligence and forwarded reports directly tot he ACSI. The 902nd MIG

was a highly secretive organization, carrying outsome of the most sensitive assignments. Warren had always

refused to discuss the 902nd, saying anyone intereste in the "90 Deuce" should dig a deep hole.

Pepper points out that the 902nd was the only MIG that was explicitly authorized to undertake BOTH domestic and foreign ops.

Ok now lets turn to Thy Will be Done, and what it says about Yarborough earlier, when he was in Columbia in 1962:

Kennedy went to Columbia in 1962 to urge reforms. His trip was a huge media success. But Rightists in Columbia didnt want to make any reforms, instead wanting to eliminate groups of semi-autonomous peasant republics in around the Macarena Mountains.

The second event boding well for the military occurred a week after Kennedy's departure. In the town of Buga, a

a bomb exploded amid a Christmas procession; 51 people were killed, and more than 100 wounded. This was the

pretext the Pentagon needed to send top U.S. couterinsurgency experts from Fort Bragg, led by Brigadier

General William P. Yarborough, commanding general of Fort Bragg's Special Warfare center.[ here the authors

point out Yarborough's later explits working with COINTELPRO "AND THEN DEPUTY ATTORNEY GNERAL WARREN

CHRISTOPHER, AGAINST AMERICAN CIVILIANS IDENTIFITED AS 'DISSIDENT ELEMENTS' (MY EMPH.)]

Yarborough specifically targetted the civlil rights movement and the "anti-Vietnam/anti-draft movements,"

exteneding the army's intellignece gathering beyond "subversion" and "dissident groups" to "prominant persons"

who were "friendly" with "leaders of the disturbance or sympathetic with their plans"

Yarborough's team arrived in Columbia on February 2, 1962. Lleras Canargo's press censorhsip worked

smoothly. The Chief of Staff for the COlumbian army turned out the entire officer corps staffing the Columbian

Army headquarters, but no press account appeared in Bogata's newspapers. Yarborough's team next consulted

US Embasy consul Henry Dearborn, the former de facto CIA chief of station in he Dominican Republic.

Dearborn, a verteran operative in Latin America, was an old acquaintantce of the CIA's J.C. King; both had

operated in Peronist Argentina after WWII. Recently, Dearborn had been transfered to Columbia from the

Dominican Republic, where he and King engineered the CIA's delivery of weapons that were used to assassinate

dictator Rafael Trujillo in 1961.

Now [in Columbia]... the focus of his attention was, however, the VII Brigade at the cattle town of Villavicencio,

gateway to the southern plains that slope gradually into the tropical Amazon basin. Here, in the department of

Meta was where the action was. Refugees from army attacks on the peasant republics had settled here and

turned to guerrilla warfare when attacked.

The VII Brigade kept most of its twenty-two outposts in this region, supplemented by many more police

outposts and a apramilitary nonuniformed cavalry, modeled after the Texas rangers and called "Rurales."

The Rurales were controlled by DAS, Colombia's secret police, and like the Rangers, were not known for

kindness to Indians...... Specifically Yarborough recommended Helio Couriers [ anyone hear much about this

weird plane that the CIA eventually gets ahold of via Summer Linguistics Institute and JAARS base in Charlotte

NC? Lots on this weird plane in this book]....

Yarborough sets up a vast interrogation and counterinsurgency network that seems to share some similarities with the

later Pheonix Program.

The Inter-American Geographic Survey would be enlisted to make aerial maps of guerrilla-affected ares. "Villages

and ares known to harbor bandits should be alleged by the government to be feeding information to the government

Polygraph teams should elicit such information as is neededfor this operation..... [much more psy war details]

It was all vintage Lansdale, to whom, after all Yarborough ultimately reported at the top of the chain of counter-

insurgency command ....

In 1962 Yarborough writes in his report on the Columbian operations:

It is the considered opinion of the survey team... that a concerted country team effort should be made now

to select civilian and military personnel for clandestine training in resistance operations in case they are needed

later. This should be done with a view toward development of a cvil and military structure for exploitation in

the event of the Colombian's internal security sytem deteriorates further......

Shortly after Cam [the leader of Wycliffe Bible Translators] signed the contract and General Yarborough's report

was read at a March meeting of the Special Group in Washington, Columbians near Villavicencio watched a long

column of army trucks bearing U.S.insignia pass through. The Column headed south, toward the Macarena

Mountains, just east of where SIL's [summer Institute of Linguistics] base would be located. No troops ever came

out, they claimed. Explosions were heard rubling from the Macarena Moutnains, howeverer. Soon afterword the

Columbian military ruled that airspace over the mountains was off-limits for all commercial airplanes. Over the

years, reports would appear sporaically of planes being lost. Some pilots whe strayed overhead and did come out

reported seeing air runways and telecommunications antennas. In the early 1970s, the Columbian military would

deny and foreign base or presence in the Macarena. Only American strockholders of Loeb family-owned APCO

Oil Company and those who read APCO's annual reports knew better. APCO entered the Mcarena in 1967. In

1976, an APCO map showed that the Maceraena had been honeycombed with clandestine runways.

By then, Standard Oil of New Jersey, Texaco, and Gulf had joined other oil companies in drilling for oil in the

Llanos. JAARS's Helio Courirers were taking off for Villavicencio from Lomalinda, the grey-misted Macarena

Mountains hovering in the distance like a Mirage. (pp. 392-395, Thy Will Be Done)

How long had this cooperative effort between the 902nd MIG and US military cover ops in Latin America extend before 1968?

Yarborough's experience on both ends of this relationship seems noteworthy.

What about Warren Christopher in 1968. If he was working with Yarborough, what about MH CHAOS connections, possibly involving a young Bill Clinton in 1968? Did Bill have an interesting previous relationship with his future Secretary of State?

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer

• 3 years later...

J.C. KING> GARLAND "DEE" WILLIAMS> MIKE TSALICKIS> MKULTRA

First let me note again that this book argues that the assassination of JFK and his replacement by LBJ marked a significant turning point for

Latin America. Under LBJ the, the book argues, the US was much more tolerant of dictators, and even helped install them. Also, urged

Nelson Rockefeller and his many business contracts in South America and its governments and by his many contacts inside virtually every

agency of the US government, LBJ was much friendlier to direct US investment concerns in South America as compared with JFK.

After the coup of 1964, the CIA and the Brazilian Intelligence did a many things to unify South American governments with US Cold War

ideology, which meant that anyone suggesting nationalization of natural resources must be a stooge of Moscow.

Who here has heard of Mike Tsalickis? He was promoted in National Geographic as The Tarzan of The Amazon and his career smells of

other things besides the Rosewood he exported. He began as an exporter of exotica animals in 1946, with his business based in Tarpon

Springs, Florida, just north of Tampa. Next he became involved with the new St. Petersburg airline Aerovias Sud Americana (ASA)

* Then in 1953 he convinced ASA to try a freight line between Leticia, Bogata and Panama

* After being faced with new competition Mike T. made two "fateful business decisions in 1957": he went into the business of

shipping research animals, "especially the white -lipped marmoset and the squirrel monkey"

* He also set up a Rosewood exporting company that worked closely with an ex-Nazi who had escaped to Argentina through

the ratline in 1946, when JC King was on the receiving end. This ex Nazi went by the name of Von Steinbeck and he was

involved in exporting cocaine. Later Mike T. would be arrested in a scheme involving the shipping of lots of cocaine inside

hollowed-out rosewood logs.

OK let me now quote this:

That year(1966) King opened shop in Iquitos and hired Mike Tsalickis as ANDCO's supply agent in Leticia. In May

the State Department also opened shop in Leticia, setting up a U.S. consulate with some fanfare and appointing

Tsilickis as unofficial U.S. Consul...... Tsalickis's involvement with ANDCO's notorious Dee Williams, however, raised

some eyebrows. Williams hired Tsalickis just as the Amazon's Tarzan was expanding the research side of his animal

export business. In 1967, Tsalickis bought an island in one of the Amazon's remote tributaries between Leticia and

Iquitos.......Yet the extraordinary security measures Tsalickis took inspired rumors. A staff of eighteen men armed with

walkie-talkies partoled the island, keeping out intruders and maintaining the island's isolation. Tsalickis's customers

inside the US included the US Naval Toxicology Unit, the US Army, and many research institutions where scientists had

been involved in MKULTRA experiments. The monkeys were used in a wide range of experiments,including tests for

cancer viruses, brain tumors, poisons, and psychoactive drugs.... But it was the 1975 arrest that revealed that more

was at stake than drug smuggling. Between the arrival of Dee Williams in 1967 and Tsalickis's first arrest eight years

later, the CIA's counterinsurgency operations in Bolivia, particularly-- but also in Peru and Ecuador-- greatly enhanced

the power of drug-smuggling uniformed warlords and Nazi refugees. The Springboard for these operations and their

onerous result was the search for J.C. King's old prey, Che Guevara. (pp. 519-523, Thy Will Be Done)

Is this the same Garland Williams who played such an important role for the Federal Bureau of narcotics? Douglas Valentine writes

in his FBN history:

Curiously, a CIA officer named Garland "Dee " Wlliams arrived in Peru in 1967 as ANDCO'S Director of Operations. THis

is intriguing, first because Garland H. Williams is such an important figure in FBN history, and because he retired from

government service in May, 1964, which left him available for a secret assignment in South America. Our Garland Williams

was a career narcotic agent, and Garland "Dee" Williams "knew the way of drug smugglers" Our Garland was a professional

soldier and dedicated anti-communist, and "Dee" Williams and J.C. King used ANDCO as a cover to advise Peru's special

forces in jungle warfare operations, so they could combat the indigenous people and their Cuban advisers. Furthermore,

our Garland had a background in Chemical warfare, and may have helped George White set up the MKUTRA pad in San

Francisco, while Garland "Dee" Williams was involved in MKULTRA research. To this end he hired exotic animal exporter

Mike Tsalickis as his guide. Tsalickis based his operation in Leticia on the Amazon River, where Peru and Columbia rub

shoulders. While serving as the government's consular officer in the region, Tsalickis helped Williams and King obtain

plant specimens for use in post-MKULTRA projects.

Arrested for smuggling over a ton oc cocaine into Florida in 1988, Tsalickis was still in prison in 1996 when the author

sent him a photo of former FBN agent Garland H. Williams and asked if the man in the phot was Dee Williams from ANDCO.

Tsalickis said he was not. garland Williams's family insists that after leaving Africa in 1963 and retiring in 1964, he married

and settled down near Memphis Tennessee.

Despite this curious case of the name "Garland Williams" appearing in regard to an espionage affair with a drug angle--for

there was also the "Colonel Williams" who funded the Pawley-Cook public relations blitz in Taiwan in 1950-- it seems more

than more coincidence that the CIA was present at the hub of world cocaine production in 1966, just as Ricord's Group

France, with Mafia financing through Tom Buscetta was organizing the business into a global industry. (Douglas Valentine,

The Strengnth of the Wolf: The Secret History of America's War On Drugs, p. 385)

Colby and Dennett's book make abundantly clear the J.C. Kings "retirement" was about as Semi as conceivable. There is probably no other

book with as much on J.C. King.

In the Amazon Basin they were probably looking for mind-altering botanicals which the CIA was hoping to use in its MKULTRA brainwashing, programming, and interrogation "experiments". Mind-altering botanicals like William S. Burrough's highly-touted "yage".

--Tommy :)

Bill,

You are right.

FWIW.

James

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=302048

Bill,

You are right.

FWIW.

James

Thanks James,

You are the best.

I have a feeling those two rascals are living the high life, next to a golf course somewhere. And probably very anxious to sell their stories.

BK

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do

Mrs. D.A. Little married Pereira after he was married to Gertrude Joyce of Roswell, N.M.. Mrs. Llittle was from Corsicana, Texas and had a sister named Mrs. Sam Harwell and lived for a time in Fort Worth with Mr. and Mrs. John W. Boehl.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_issues/17th_Issue/rambler2.html

Brading and Periera had a long history of marrying rich widows and embezzling from them. In a much publicized vagrancy arrest by Sheriff Bill Decker in Dallas in 1952, Brading's fifty-dollar fine was paid by Periera. "The vagrancy rap stemmed from Brading's lingering presence, without any apparent effort to earn his take, at the Dallas area mansion of D.A. Little, president of Magnolia Oil Co. Little had died and Mrs. Little had become Periera's sixth wife after a whirlwind courtship." [source: Earl Golz, "Did the Mafia kill JFK?" The Texas Observer, Nov. 30, 1973]

In Texas, a "community property" state, married couples equally own each other's assets. Therefore, Periera could have owned an interest in Magnolia Oil at the time of Schmidt's party.