The Education Forum

HSCA Security Classified File

• 2 months later...

Have you read it? If so, what areas, if any were revelatory?

I have been trying to make time to read Nemesis: Aristotle Onassis, Jackie O & The Love Triangle That Brought Down The Kennedys by Peter Evans, which is somewhat related to your post insofar as there are allegations that Ari was, or may have been involved in the assassination of RFK. So far, I have discovered that [according to Evans] around the time of the Jiddah deal, Onassis met Dr. Hjalmar Schacht in Dusseldorf to discuss the deal, which was Onassis trying to corner the market on the shipping rights of Saudi Arabian Oil; which, was a situatio that was unthinkable, as far as United States foreign policy interests in the Middle East were concerned......

I have been trying to make time to read Nemesis: Aristotle Onassis, Jackie O & The Love Triangle That Brought Down The Kennedys by Peter Evans, which is somewhat related to your post insofar as there are allegations that Ari was, or may have been involved in the assassination of RFK. So far, I have discovered that [according to Evans] around the time of the Jiddah deal, Onassis met Dr. Hjalmar Schacht in Dusseldorf to discuss the deal, which was Onassis trying to corner the market on the shipping rights of Saudi Arabian Oil; which, was a situatio that was unthinkable, as far as United States foreign policy interests in the Middle East were concerned......

Hello Robert,

Yes, I read it. Nothing really, other than the fact that Jim Braden had nothing to do with the RFK assassination, and it was just a coincidence he was in LA that night, across town in another hotel in bed with his wife.

That's what happens when you tell a cop a conspiracy theory, and they run it down.

That's why the only way to really solve a crime is to follow the evidence, not the theories.

Don't know much about Onassis except in the end he got the girl.

BK

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Robert,

Yes, I read it. Nothing really, other than the fact that Jim Braden had nothing to do with the RFK assassination, and it was just a coincidence he was in LA that night, across town in another hotel in bed with his wife.

That's what happens when you tell a cop a conspiracy theory, and they run it down.

That's why the only way to really solve a crime is to follow the evidence, not the theories.

Don't know much about Onassis except in the end he got the girl.

BK

Actually there may be a little bit more to it than that.

There is, beginning on page 136 of

Nemesis: Aristotle Onassis, Jackie O & The Love Triangle That Brought Down The Kennedys,

some rather startling information, before I quote the passages, let me state that I know nothing about his works, I know Dominick Dunne gushed over this book, but again that does not mean that one can assume that every passage in the book is factual.

Although taken as a whole the book is very credible, the argument can be made that Evans penchant for the seamier side of all the principals, especially the Kennedy's is not radically different from Nigel Hamilton's JFK: Reckless Youth.

At any rate, this is where I find his book getting into some hitherto unknown allegations......

Again, beginning on page 136........Still being urged by Jackie to put his trust in the law, Onassis continued to hesitate. It was at this point that he got a call from a figure from the past: Baron George de Mohrenschildt, with whom he had nearly gone into business five years earlier in Haiti. A petroleum engineer by profession, de Mohrenschildt was now teaching French at a small black college in Dallas.

The reappearance of an old friend down on his luck should not have been a problem for Onassis: A discreet handout, a sinecure somewhere in one of his companies, could have settled the matter quickly. But de Mohrenschildt had reappeared as a darker, more complex character than the dashing playboy-adventurer Onassis had first met at his lawyer Tito Arias's home in Panama City in 1961.......

Then there is this passage from a footnote on page 138

At the end of his testimony to the Warren Commission, de Mohrenschildt had received an extraordinary invitation from, as he put it in his book he was writing at the time of his death in 1977, "Jacqueline Kennedy's mother and her stepfather, Mr. Hugh Auschincloss," to dine at thie home in Georgetown. Apart from the Auchinclosses and de Mohrenschildt's wife Jeanne, the only other known guest was the former CIA chief Allen Dulles.

When you consider that de Mohrenschildt mentions Onassis in his I Am A Patsy manuscript, this angle seems to take on more sigificance, if the information Evans supplies is true.

Edited by Robert Howard