The Education Forum

James McCord provides an alibi for E. Howard Hunt

In an interview he gave to Dan Schultz on 17th December, 1976, James McCord said the following:

"A false allegation was made shortly after March 23, 1973, that E. Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis were in Dallas at the time the President was killed, and a photograph was circulated purporting to be Hunt and Sturgis there at the time. Persons I know circulated and touted the story to the press, knowing the allegation was false in its entirety, and further that the men in the photographs bore no resemblance whatever to Hunt and Sturgis. I know that Hunt was not in Dallas and had no connection whatever with the President's death."

I know that Hunt was not in Dallas and had no connection whatever with the President's death.

Well, that has been refuted by Hunt himself. He knew that plans to assassinate JFK were in the works. He was asked to participate but refused, or so he said. You can harly call that "no connection whatever with the President's death".

I do not believe Hunt when he denied any role, but even if I did, by having the advance knowledge and keeping his mouth, he became already an acomplice at least.

Wim

In an interview he gave to Dan Schultz on 17th December, 1976, James McCord said the following:

I know that Hunt was not in Dallas and had no connection whatever with the President's death."

Vewy INTEWESTING.

Did McCord say HOW he knew this? Is the full interview available online?

I know that Hunt was not in Dallas and had no connection whatever with the President's death."

Vewy INTEWESTING.

Did McCord say HOW he knew this? Is the full interview available online?

No. I am afraid I cannot remember where I got the interview from. Sorry.

McCord was lying when he said the men "bore no resemblance whatever to Hunt and Sturgis." I don't think they were Hunt and Sturgis, but who can deny the two men resemble them in disguise? If there was "no resemblance whatever," how could the identity be argued all these years, with some still insisting they are Hunt and Sturgis? For a while I thought they were Hunt and Sturgis too. (I was impressed with the photo overlays in the book Coup D'etat in America.)

McCord would always keep Hunt and Phillips out of the wind. They were all in the same bed:

MCCORD, PHILLIPS: FEBRUARY 1961

A Memorandum for the Record, dated February 1, 1961, from Kammer. Subject: (deleted) #188074" stated: "On this date Subject's case was coordinated with Mr. McCORD of Security Research Service, in connection with Subject's operational use with the US by WH/4/Propaganda. The implications of a Counter-Intelligence operation within the States by this Agency, and the possibility Subject might come to the attention of the FBI through association with Court Wood, were discussed. Mr. McCORD expressed the opinion that it is not necessary to advise the FBI of the operation at this time. However, he wishes to review the case in a month. The file of the Subject, along with that of the WH man who is supervising the operation (DAVID ATLEE PHILLIPS #40695) will be pended for the attention of Mr. McCORD on March 1, 1961."

A CIA document dated February 1, 1961, about the Fair Play for Cuba Committee stated

TO: C/EAB/OS

ATTN: Mr. Belt

VIA: WH/4/Security

ATTN: Mr. Kennedy

Subj: Fair Play for Cuba Committee

1. At the request of DAVE PHILLIPS, C/WH/4/Propaganda, I spent the evening of January 6, 1961, with Court Wood, a student who has recently returned from the 3-week stay in Cuba under sponsorship of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee.

2. Court and his father both have voiced very strong pro-Castro sentiments and are extremely critical of our foreign policy in general.

3. I've been advised by Mr. PHILLIPS to continue my relationship with Mr. Wood and I will keep your office informed of each subsequent visit.

4. This is forwarded to you as a matter of information and to become a permanent part of my security file.

(deleted)

WH/4/Registry

[Handwritten note] February 1, 1961, M/R Subject stated this is operational with no specific goal in mind. (Deleted) and Wood went to high school together and although they travel in different circles they on occasion see each other. Wood has (deleted) is a (illegible) player beginning with the time (deleted) file applicant. (Deleted).

• 1 year later...

Hunt vs Liberty Lobby( 1984?): a grand jury took it as demonstrated, that Hunt was in Dallas the day before the murder: in a motel, meeting his old buddy's Sturgis,Hemmings etc. (Testimony Marita Lorenz) Hunts children (including St. John) rejected to testify in favour of their father.(That he was in Washington on Friday 22 11 63...)

H. Hunt was definitely involved in the murder of his president, at last as a kind of legman providing money and escape-routes.

KK