The Education Forum

May I Become a Moderator?

I think Charles would be a good moderator.

FWIW.

The contents of Charles' posts on this forum thus far suggests a man puffed up with self importance and the rather unsupported idea that he is some sort of intellectual. I therefore think he'd be an extremely poor moderator.

However I also believe the experience might do him some good and so will not stand in his way B) .

Gee, that's mighty white of you, Andy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the Owners of the Education Forum:

I would like to be considered for the position of moderator.

Would you please post the formal criteria for selection?

My C.V. is available upon request.

Sincerely,

Charles

Charles you can only be a moderator if we currently stock your size in hob nail jack boots. Special orders are out of the question....

Thank YOU

As an aside. I just envisioned Dopey Dwarf in Hob nailed jack boots, and almost wet my pants! Heres to you Kathy!

Get XXXX, Williams.

Edited for offensive language

Edited by Kathy Beckett

I think Charles would be a good moderator.

FWIW.

The contents of Charles' posts on this forum thus far suggests a man puffed up with self importance and the rather unsupported idea that he is some sort of intellectual. I therefore think he'd be an extremely poor moderator.

However I also believe the experience might do him some good and so will not stand in his way B) .

Your posts, in their furtiveness, simple-mindedness, and blind support for symbols of authority suggest that you are a physical and intellectual coward.

That somehow I threaten your self-image as an educator or scholar could not be more evident. The preceding post marks the second time -- at least -- you have seen fit to demonstrate your machismo and insight by making light of my intellect.

Which, it seems, is the best you can do.

You offer not a syllable of constructive research or analysis on the subjects we routinely examine, and instead you resort to ad hominems, nay-saying, and other sophomoric rhetorical tricks in order to disguise the myriad failings of gray matter that likely has been damaged beyond repair by oxygen deprivation brought about by a too-tightly-knotted bow tie (soon to be immortalized in the annals of medicine as "Walker Craven Cravat Syndrome," no doubt).

What an insufferable little twit you are.

Charles

You have just demonstrated again your unsuitability to be a moderator - however if we have a vacancy for a bombastic pseudo intellectual in the future I will be sure to let you know.

"... - however if we have a vacancy for a bombastic pseudo intellectual in the future I will be sure to let you know."

And, you've just demonstrated your "unsuitability" as an admin, Andy.

Get XXXX, Williams.

So as to head off moderators' objections to Ms. Mauro's comment above: Clearly she was referencing the founder of Rhode Island, who was one of America's earliest champions of freedom.

The words Terry Quotes are those infamously spoken by the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony after he had sentenced Roger to serve a day in undersized stocks.

"But how shall I fit?" the tall, lanky man of principle asked.

And the governor responded ...

removed offensive quote from post

Edited by Kathy Beckett

Sincerely,

Charles

Charles you can only be a moderator if we currently stock your size in hob nail jack boots. Special orders are out of the question....

hank YOU

As an aside. I just envisioned Dopey Dwarf in Hob nailed jack boots, and almost wet my pants! Heres to you Kathy!

Get XXXX, Williams.

Oh the humanity. I would have at least expected something with wit. But on second thought....... B)

remove offensive remark

Edited by Kathy Beckett

Sincerely,

Charles

Thank YOU

Get XXXX, Williams.

Kathy,

Thank you very much for editing this most vulgar expression from Ms. Mauro. Not only was it shocking and appalling , I would have expected much more from a lady.

B)

Get XXXX, Williams.

It was Thomas Paine, I believe, who noted that, ""The natural bent of my mind was to science."

This quote ocurred to me, I guess, insofar as the natural bent of my mind often is to humor. And God knows this Forum and all who read it could benefit from a healthy dose of laughter right about now.

Music might also soothe some raw nerves. Might I suggest listening to one of my favorite European jazz musicians, the incomparable Bengt Hallberg?

Humor. Music. What better way to make certain that we don't get bent out of shape?

Edited by Charles Drago

Get XXXX, Williams.

It was Thomas Paine, I believe, who noted that, ""The natural bent of my mind was to science."

This quote ocurred to me, I guess, insofar as the natural bent of my mind often is to humor. And God knows this Forum and all who read it could benefit from a healthy dose of laughter right about now.

Music might also soothe some raw nerves. Might I suggest listening to one of my favorite European jazz musicians, the incomparable Bengt Hallberg?

Humor. Music. What better way to make certain that we don't get bent out of shape?

A bit of Herb Albert, from his "Rise" album would be wonderful!

Get XXXX, Williams.

Thank you Charles. A wonderful suggestion. I am listening to Dylan's Masters of War and for some reason wondering at the over supply of merchant bankers near and far.

Sincerely,

Charles

Thank YOU

Get XXXX, Williams.

Kathy,

Thank you very much for editing this most vulgar expression from Ms. Mauro. Not only was it shocking and appalling , I would have expected much more from a lady.

B)

"...I would have expected much more from a lady."

Of course, you must be joking, Mike. Or, at the very least, expressing a little sarcasm.

BTW, don't refer to me as a lady because that's the last thing I expect to come off sounding like. Ladies are supposed to "know their place," in the relative scheme of things, now isn't that right? Whereas, I refuse to kow-tow to those conventional stereotypical roles attributed to females. Never have and never will. So don't try and pen me in with the rest of the herd because it ain't happening. You can call me whatever the hell you like, just don't call me a frigging "lady." That would be a contradiction in terms.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Charles

Thank YOU

Get XXXX, Williams.

Kathy,

B)

"...I would have expected much more from a lady."

Of course, you must be joking, Mike. Or, at the very least, expressing a little sarcasm.

BTW, don't refer to me as a lady because that's the last thing I expect to come off sounding like. Ladies are supposed to "know their place," in the relative scheme of things, now isn't that right? Whereas, I refuse to kow-tow to those conventional stereotypical roles attributed to females. Never have and never will. So don't try and pen me in with the rest of the herd because it ain't happening. You can call me whatever the hell you like, just don't call me a frigging "lady." That would be a contradiction in terms.

Thank you.

That's right Terry. A real gentleman would have known that.

Appeals to risibilities aside, I must reiterate that I am quite serious in nominating myself for moderator status.

But I'm beginning to wonder if there are any formal, codified criteria for membership in that group.

I'm reminded of a classic bit from the glory years of The National Lampoon -- the "Nobel Peace Prize Application" --

In thirty words or less:

I LIKE PEACE BECAUSE ________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Charles Drago

And Terry-Berry, you can kow-tow in front of me anytime!

But, only in front of you, CD.

You know what a wise-ass I can be.

Respectfully yours,

Your Berry