The Education Forum

Tom Purvis and JFK Lancer

I have been asked to post this by Debra Conway:

Someone sent to me a post by Tom Purvis on the Education Forum accusing JFK Lancer of trying to make money from his research.

Quote:

"In addition, Lancer was long ago provided with that information relative to CE399. (posted publically on that site) Just that I retained the rights and would not allow them to publish it for free (to me), while they made money off of it."

I wrote to him asking what he meant by us making money off his work, (if other than the publication of the magazine, which he agreed to be published in). Instead of replying to me, he posted my message on another forum with various links to JFK Lancer mentioned on other webpages -- and made reference that he was never paid for his article in KAC.

JFK Lancer's former magazine, "Kennedy Assassination Chronicles" published Tom Purvis' work in 2001 with his permission. "Fallacies of the Warren Commission Solution" by Thomas Purvis.

Winter 2001 Vol 7 Issue 4.

At no time did Purvis ask to be compensated for his research, whether on the forum or for his article in KAC. At the time of publication, the magazine sold for $8 per issue. They now sell for $5. Contributors were not paid for publication of their articles at any time -- something Purvis knew and accepted.

As we still sell this magazine as a pdf file. Effective immediately, the pages containing Purvis' article will be deleted and no longer available.

BTW, authors publishing in KAC owned all rights to their research and at no time did JFK Lancer assume or otherwise acquire rights to publish research in any other media without permission from the author for those rights.

Purvis was formally a prolific poster here on the JFK Lancer forum, so much so that I moved his posts to a separate forum at the request of our members. After realizing that that forum was no longer active, I took it down. The material he posted there was available FOR FREE to anyone who took the time to read it. He posted it himself, so there was no permission required.

To wait years after the fact and go on another forum and make false accusations against JFK Lancer is despicable and unprofessional. It seems Purvis has no other reason to do this other than to make false statments and open himself to libel charges.

JFK Lancer is known for our relentless contributions to the JFK assassination research community and for the fact that we all work as volunteers. I stand proudly on our record for being a valuable resource for not only the research community but also for teachers and students, historians and film-makers, and any others who come to us for information.

We cannot please everyone. However, I will not stand idly by as someone post false statements about our purpose or our motives.

Sincerely,

Debra Conway

I have been asked to post this by Debra Conway:

Someone sent to me a post by Tom Purvis on the Education Forum accusing JFK Lancer of trying to make money from his research.

Quote:

"In addition, Lancer was long ago provided with that information relative to CE399. (posted publically on that site) Just that I retained the rights and would not allow them to publish it for free (to me), while they made money off of it."

I wrote to him asking what he meant by us making money off his work, (if other than the publication of the magazine, which he agreed to be published in). Instead of replying to me, he posted my message on another forum with various links to JFK Lancer mentioned on other webpages -- and made reference that he was never paid for his article in KAC.

JFK Lancer's former magazine, "Kennedy Assassination Chronicles" published Tom Purvis' work in 2001 with his permission. "Fallacies of the Warren Commission Solution" by Thomas Purvis.

At no time did Purvis ask to be compensated for his research, whether on the forum or for his article in KAC. At the time of publication, the magazine sold for $8 per issue. They now sell for $5. Contributors were not paid for publication of their articles at any time -- something Purvis knew and accepted.

As we still sell this magazine as a pdf file. Effective immediately, the pages containing Purvis' article will be deleted and no longer available.

BTW, authors publishing in KAC owned all rights to their research and at no time did JFK Lancer assume or otherwise acquire rights to publish research in any other media without permission from the author for those rights.

Purvis was formally a prolific poster here on the JFK Lancer forum, so much so that I moved his posts to a separate forum at the request of our members. After realizing that that forum was no longer active, I took it down. The material he posted there was available FOR FREE to anyone who took the time to read it. He posted it himself, so there was no permission required.

To wait years after the fact and go on another forum and make false accusations against JFK Lancer is despicable and unprofessional. It seems Purvis has no other reason to do this other than to make false statments and open himself to libel charges.

JFK Lancer is known for our relentless contributions to the JFK assassination research community and for the fact that we all work as volunteers. I stand proudly on our record for being a valuable resource for not only the research community but also for teachers and students, historians and film-makers, and any others who come to us for information.

We cannot please everyone. However, I will not stand idly by as someone post false statements about our purpose or our motives.

Sincerely,

Debra Conway

Just that I retained the rights and would not allow them to publish it for free (to me), while they made money off of it."

===================================================

==================================================

I would assume that someone has fully explained the legality of that "One Time Only" Release!

Would you like to post a copy of it here or should I dig it out of the boxs and demonstrate it?

Just that I retained the rights

Yep! And I paid well for the legal advice of Dunlap, Codding, Pederson, & Lee (Copyright Attorney's).

So only a complete fool pays for good advice and then ignores it.

Again! Are you going to pull out that "One Time Only" Release and show it to everyone, or continue to hide behind and skirt the issue?

"One Time Only" does not constitute the right to convert this to a PDF format and continue to sell and make money off the provided information.

As we still sell this magazine as a pdf file.

(Debrah Conway)

Just that I retained the rights and would not allow them to publish it for free (to me), while they made money off of it."

(Tom Purvis)

Seemingly intellgent persons should most certainly consult with a "Copyright" attorney prior to posting anything anywhere on the internet. And especially at any location where others support their business (and/or themselves) off the individuals efforts.

Might want to double check all of this with your attorney!

My attorney states that you have violated the scope as well as intent of the "One Time Only" release for publication by continuation of publication of the provided information and selling it.

IRRELEVANT as to whether you have or have not made any true profits!

It seems Purvis has no other reason to do this other than to make false statments and open himself to libel charges.[/b][/i]

(Debrah Conway)

And boy oh boy is he going to like that statement!

Especially since one can not hide behind the corporate "veil"/INC. when it is the individual who makes such statements.

Keep it coming there Deborah, I could certainly use another source of retirement income.

Reply from Debra Conway:

Correction

I wrote that "we still sell this magazine as a pdf file." This is not correct. The correct KAC issue is Fall 2001, not Winter, thus the confusion. Checking our back stock, this particular issue is still available from the original printing and has never been sold as pdf or otherwise in any other media format. Thus, no agreement with Tom Purvis, specifically his one time publishing agreement, has been violated.

Debra Conway

Reply from Debra Conway:

Correction

I wrote that "we still sell this magazine as a pdf file." This is not correct. The correct KAC issue is Fall 2001, not Winter, thus the confusion. Checking our back stock, this particular issue is still available from the original printing and has never been sold as pdf or otherwise in any other media format. Thus, no agreement with Tom Purvis, specifically his one time publishing agreement, has been violated.

Debra Conway

[b]Thus, no agreement with Tom Purvis, specifically his one time publishing agreement, has been violated.[/b]

(

Debra Conway)

John;

If on a bicycle, it's called "backpeddling".

If in a rowboat, it's called "backpaddling".

In the military it was known as: "incoming, run for cover"!

Tom

P.S. In event that ones actually believes that to this date no one has had sufficient interest in the issues of the altered West Survey evidence & vehicle speed analysis (or any other article within this issue) to warrant a "re-publishing" and "re-sale" from the PDF format file, then I would appreciate the name of that person as I have a lot of "good stuff" that I would like to sell them.

Since I am currently not looking for any form of recompensation from Lancer, the subject matter can, if she so wishes, die on the "Educational Forum" vine here and now.

But! It was an extremely effective means to again "re-point" out the often slight-"sleight-of-hand" means and methods of the WC.

P.P.S. Lancer would have never received this information to begin with were it not for some "legal terms" related to posting such information to the John McAdams site.

Based on certain wording, one could forfeit ALL rights in which they could not prevent re-publication of the information, and I so informed John McAdams that I would provide no "hard copies" of any information to his site due to this legal loophole.

Which, occurrred long prior to Debra Conway contacting me.

Purpose Served! The altered evidence is presented to the Public Domain exactly as it was written in my DRAFT manuscript years ago, and, when more and more true researchers begin to unravel the reasons, it will add to the furtherance of the factual truths in the assassination.

Plus I might add, my "rights" to the information were fully protected.

"I love it when a plan comes together"

(George Peppard)/aka "The "A" Team"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Adrienne Rich:

False history gets made all day, any day,

the truth of the new is never on the news.

Albert Einstein:

The ideals which have lighted me on my way and time after time given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Truth, Goodness, and Beauty. . . . The ordinary objects of human endeavour -- property, outward success, luxury -- have always seemed to me contemptible.

Andre Gide:

Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur Conan Doyle:

Whenever you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin Disraeli:

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Bertrand Russell:

What a man believes upon grossly insufficient evidence is an index into his desires -- desires of which he himself is often unconscious. If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaise Pascal:

There are truths on this side of the Pyranees, which are falsehoods on the other.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brad Holland:

Postmodernists believe that truth is myth, and myth, truth. This equation has its roots in pop psychology. The same people also believe that emotions are a form of reality. There used to be another name for this state of mind. It used to be called psychosis.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buddha:

Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true. [paraphrased]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarence Darrow:

Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coattails.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Hume:

Truth springs from argument amongst friends.

Pay special attention to that one Mike

E. L. Doctorow:

History is the present. That's why every generation writes it anew. But what most people think of as history is its end product, myth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_truth.html

David Hume:

No question in my mind! Im glad to have gone from nemesis to friend!

Mike

Since my eyesight is getting to the point that I can barely read what I attempt to type, even with the 2.75 reading lenses, I just may require the services of a friend and/or someone who can still sufficiently see to shoot.

Especially if I keep pointing out the WC as well as HSCA's little sleight-of-hand manipulations.

David Hume:

No question in my mind! Im glad to have gone from nemesis to friend!

Mike

Since my eyesight is getting to the point that I can barely read what I attempt to type, even with the 2.75 reading lenses, I just may require the services of a friend and/or someone who can still sufficiently see to shoot.

Especially if I keep pointing out the WC as well as HSCA's little sleight-of-hand manipulations.

Hell Im only on 1.5 magnification, but only for close up stuff so you just give a Mississippi holler and Ill come a runnin!

Mr. Purvis,

I was looking at the early forum threads on Lancer and I ran across this from you to Don Roberdeau.

QUOTE ON

Don;

Review "Altered Evidence" as presented in JFK Lancer and which Debra has been gratious enough to post to this forum. Review the "Vehicle Speed Analysis" portion of this and it will demonstrate that vehicle speed can not be accurately derived from either the Z-film which has missing frames, nor the WC re-enactment which was totally "staged".

Tom

QUOTE OFF

http://www.jfklancerforum.com/dc/dcboard.p...p;page=182#1940

You are, in reality, whining about your life, not about anything that Lancer did. You were a knowing and willing contributor and referred to Deb as "gracious" for putting your information on Lancer.

Mr. Purvis,

I was looking at the early forum threads on Lancer and I ran across this from you to Don Roberdeau.

QUOTE ON

Don;

Review "Altered Evidence" as presented in JFK Lancer and which Debra has been gratious enough to post to this forum. Review the "Vehicle Speed Analysis" portion of this and it will demonstrate that vehicle speed can not be accurately derived from either the Z-film which has missing frames, nor the WC re-enactment which was totally "staged".

Tom

QUOTE OFF

http://www.jfklancerforum.com/dc/dcboard.p...p;page=182#1940

You are, in reality, whining about your life, not about anything that Lancer did. You were a knowing and willing contributor and referred to Deb as "gracious" for putting your information on Lancer.

Review "Altered Evidence" as presented in JFK Lancer and which Debra has been gratious enough to post to this forum.

Why not attempt to find out the facts prior to insertion of foot into mouth.

The information was provided to Lancer by Fed-EX due to download problems which I was having on computers from Salt Lake City, UT.

Debra was "gratious" enough to receive this information and thereafter, in addition to publishing it in the KAC, also post it onto the forum.

How about this then:

"Debra was baited into publishing this information in the KAC as well as presentation of it on her forum"

Like that better?

Lancer, not unlike Chuck Marlar and a few others were convinced that this was the "Holy Grail" which was going to clearly open the door to the giant assassination conspiracy.

Without any knowledge whatsoever in regards to what this information was actually relative to, they fell for and presented the information into the public domain.

Free of charge to myself I might add!

And, just for your information, the information had already been published by others who were "third party baited" into the same position. aka "ASSASSINATION SCIENCE"

So, since Professor Fetzer received virtually the same "verbal warning", after publication, if you will contact him I have no doubt that he too will want to complain that I was "whining'.

You are, in reality, whining about your life,

Perhaps you should look into the mirror as to exactly who it is that is "whining".

My "life" which no doubt will soon be following along with such as GPH, has been one of challanges and accomplishments.

So, rest assured that I have nothing whatsoever to "whine" about. Either in regards to this issue, or for that matter any other issue.

Were you going to get around to presentation of something factual and of relevance in regards to the assassination of JFK and the subsequent WC lie, or merely "whine" that it is above your level of comprehension to resolve the issues?

Or, are you merely "whining" due to the fact that you have evidenctly never resolved anything relative to the issue?

And then continue to "whine" as you blame your own inabilities on the big; bad; evil; mean; ole Government/CIA/FBI/ONI; etc; etc; etc.

Lancer, it would appear, (through their 'hitmen") has long been attempting to either quiet or discredit this voice.

After it was found that the voice was one which stated that everyone who is expousing the "Giant Conspiracy/Multiple Assassin/The Government did it" scenarios.

After all, one is on the verge of putting JFK Conspiracy BS out of business if they demonstrate clearly by the facts that:

A. There was only a single shooter.

B. All shots fired came from the sixth floor window of the TSDB.

C. That LHO was fully capable of performance of this mediocre shooting event.

D. That the weapon utilized was an extremely accurate weapon, by all standards.

E. That there was more than sufficient time to fire all three shots.

f. That LHO had more than sufficient reason to, without any outside persuasion, shoot JFK.

First off came the Late/Great "I are a Marathon Station Scout Sniper" aka/(actually) a U.S. Army former MP (probably gate guard) Al Carrier, and we were taught this "canyon shoot" while in school.

Besides being (by his own account) highly qualified in the ole "hand to gland" combat techniques and threating to "bury me".

As well as being a follower of the rantings of LTC Dan Marvin, LTC Retired, United States Army Quartermaster Supply Corps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next came the great "Mary Ferrell" award winner Bill Miller who takes up the cause/banner of the Sherry (Debra's sister) BS.

(Back Spatter or Bull S**T) whichever one prefers.

Who also, by all appearances, also knows so little about the subject matter that he actually believes what this is all about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And lastly, although possible incorrect, Next came Mike Williams!

Which, by all appearances, was a major tactical error. (assuming that any of this has been by design).

For, Mike Williams knows what he is talking about! Which is by far more than I can say about the great majority of those who are actually attempting to unravel the misconceptions; mis-statements; and BS which continues on this subject matter..

Quite incorrectly, I assumed that Mike was merely another of the Carrier type "Wannabe's" who was sent over here from Lancer to shoot holes in me with blanks.

It is hoped that Mike will make himself a permanent home here at the EDUCATIONAL FORUM, which is attempting to gather the compiled knowledge of this event in history and have it presented and sorted through on the internet.

Without apparant benefit of receipt of Sales Proceeds from the works of those who post here, I might add.

As one who quite apparantly can recognize fact from fiction (BS too), Mike will eventually become an unwelcome fixture over at those sites which expouse BS and merely continue to confuse and compound the confusion on the subject.

Quite unlike Al Carrier, Mike has fully withstood all that I could throw at him, and rest assured I personally have no doubt that he is exactly what he says that he is.

So, in summary:

Since you have, to my knowledge, never posted anything of any factual significance in regards to the assassination of JFK.

(which would tend to demonstrate that you do not know anything)

And, you have absolutely no knowledge as to what any of my motives may or may not be in regards to how I go about presenting a considerable amount of heretofore unknown information for all to see.

Then, exactly what is it that you are "whining" about?

P.S. In the event that you have ever seen and/or read the KAC article, you will note that it clearly states:

"Published with Special Permission"

Now, in event that you are not smart enough to protect your own (provided you have any) intellectual property, then that is your trouble. Just do not "whine" about it to me.

P.P.S. BM, be sure and send this to your BB (Butt Buddy), AC.

Actually!

The question being exactly what kind of "sneaky low-life" would envision some cock-eyed plan in which they insured that information/knowledge was placed into the public domain, while not only protecting themselves and their rights, but also making those who presented the information a potential prime target.

Accept my apolgy Chuck! (assuming that you are still out there and have neither been shot nor locked up)

You were not the "only one" who received the information.

Merely the one who could not sit on it.

In battle, (and one can rest assured that this is a battle), whether of bullets or brains, it serves little purpose to create diversionary tactics and strategies if one has made no plans as to what such actions were designed to accomplish.

So!

If one will note the dates, they will find that all of the survey information (as well as considerably more) was (presumably safe) in the possession of the Attorney General of the United States well prior to Chuck Marlar; ASSASSINATION SCIENCE; and or JFK Lancer ever having gained access to it.

And, prior to deposit with the Attorney General of the US (as well as the Office of the FBI), same information was securely deposited with one of the most influential Senators in the United States Congress.

For those who are unaware of how the system works, if one is ultimately assuming that they may do "Battle" with a highly powerful United States Senator, then they had best have a "Senator" or two of their own (as well as a few State Senators and State Representatives as well).

Kind of like having an extra "hidden queen" as well as extra Knights and Pawn's.

Only a complete fool would create a "diversionary" tactic without first insuring that sufficient forces are mustered to continue the attack if necessary.

The things that one can learn from the mere game of chess!

And, in the event that one actually does "stumble" across something which poses a true threat to the "establishment", then they had damned well better be prepared to fight the "establishment" if necessary.

Otherwise they are either no actual threat, or a complete fool.

In Battle, (tactics), only a fool would attack an "Armored" unit with Ground Infantry/ and/or only one lone former United States Army Special Forces Captain.

Therefore, between the auspices of Senator Boren; Senator Kennedy; as well as Senator Barbara Boxer (don't know where her letter is boxed away) being the repository of much of this information, (not to include the Attorney General of the US and the FBI).

One could then feel relative save to "come out of the closet" if they so desired.

And then "Yell Fire"!

So!

While some, such as Mr. Frank, sit around and "whine" about the WC, etc; *

(*Which by the way merely demonstrates that Arlen Specter and his cronies are smarter than they are)

At least some of us are making an attempt to do "Battle" and demonstrate to Arlen Specter & Company that they are not nearly as smart, cunning, and coniving as they appear to believe that they are/were.

And, even if the battle does not occur now, the groundwork is laid for those future factual researchers who wish to continue until such time as this Government fully accepts and exposes the misconduct of LBJ's appointed/& anointed few.