The Education Forum

West Ham v Blackburn

Guest Gary Loughran

Guest Gary Loughran

In a move to appease the Boleyn faithful - Curbishley demonstrates the strength and depth of his current squad by naming the precise 11 players, who couldn't explain their abject performance against City just 6 days ago. Though I'm delighted he kept faith with Calum Davenport!

I know we have great recent form against Blackburn...

So here's hoping this sensationally diverse tactic by the manager works.

Edited by Gary Loughran

In a move to appease the Boleyn faithful - Curbishley demonstrates the strength and depth of his current squad by naming the precise 11 players, who couldn't explain their abject performance against City just 6 days ago. Though I'm delighted he kept faith with Calum Davenport!

John could you edit the title please...correcting the spelling!!!

Davenport also got the opening goal. According to the Sky report Parker and Noble are dominating the midfield and fully deserve their 2-1 lead at half-time.

Guest Gary Loughran

John could you edit the title please...correcting the spelling!!!

Davenport also got the opening goal. According to the Sky report Parker and Noble are dominating the midfield and fully deserve their 2-1 lead at half-time.

I added the Davenport bit on a sneaky edit :)

Guest Gary Loughran
Final result 4-1. Six points out of nine. Third in the table. The best start for West Ham in the premiership for 9 years. Crisis, what crisis?

I think the result flattered to deceive! We always get good decisions against Blackburn and that continued yesterday with a good [for us] offside call. Certainly over the last 3/4 years we have become their bogey team.

Parker and Noble played well apparently, so that's good news. Once again, Green proved himself too good for England - he really needs a bigger country to come in for him. :)

I just hope our problem at left back (skinned again by the right midfielder) doesn't become a right back problem soon.

Final result 4-1. Six points out of nine. Third in the table. The best start for West Ham in the premiership for 9 years. Crisis, what crisis?

I think the result flattered to deceive! We always get good decisions against Blackburn and that continued yesterday with a good [for us] offside call. Certainly over the last 3/4 years we have become their bogey team.

Parker and Noble played well apparently, so that's good news. Once again, Green proved himself too good for England - he really needs a bigger country to come in for him. :)

I just hope our problem at left back (skinned again by the right midfielder) doesn't become a right back problem soon.

I saw the whole game on Sky last night. The score did flatter us but we definitely deserved to win. Cole caused them a lot of problems (Ashton did nothing wrong but like last week was very quiet). Neil was his usual self, some good long passes but made some silly mistakes and failed to cut off crosses, something that caused Green to give him an ear-bashing. Valon Behrami looked much better when he was pushed forward. I don't think he is a full-back. This means that we have only one good full-back at the club.

Davenport was immense in the air but was less comfortable on the ground. Noble and Parker both played well and controlled the midfield. Faubert and Etherington both got in plenty of good crosses and Bellamy looked sharp when he came on. I suppose he will now go away and get injured playing for Wales on Saturday.

West Ham needs to beat clubs like Blackburn Rovers and Wigan at home to have any chance of getting into the top eight. They have done that so it is possible that we will achieve our objective. Especially as Liverpool, Everton and Portsmouth have not impressed me so far this season. We will much more about Aston Villa after today's game. Let us hope that Chelsea wack Spurs this afternoon. Going into the international break with West Ham in the top six and Spurs bottom will definitely put me in a good mood for the next two weeks.