The Education Forum

Sarah Palin

John Simkin

I can't believe that after all these years I found an issue on which I agree with David Healy :)

He posted this elsewhere on the forum and I'm doing so here in case anyoned missed it.

http://progressivealaska.blogspot.com/2008...five-obama.html

Even CNN reported this morning that she was less than honest about the bridge to nowhere,apperently congress had decided to cut funding BEFORE she said no thank you.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Palin now has the all-clear to participate in the US election. A swiftly convened session with AIPAC has her now declaring her 'deep, personal and lifelong commitment to the safety and well-being of Israel'. Whew, that was close.....I thought for a minute there that one had slipped through the net.

http://www.counterpunch.org/glunts09052008.html

September 5, 2008

How the Republicans Solved Sarah Palin's Jewish Problem

A Lesson Before Lying

By IRA GLUNTS

Politically powerful American Jews tend to be uncomfortable with evangelical Christians,...

Mr.Glunts didn't cite any evidence that Pro-Israeli Jews were saying what he claims they were about Obama or Palin. It seems like an elaborate strawman. Apparently for people like Cockburn and Mark no evidence is needed if accusations arebeing made against their favorite culprits.

Sarah Palin was also less than honest about the fate of the executive jet. She claimed she solved the problem by putting it on Ebay. That made for a great one-liner. The truth is, she did indeed put it on Ebay but it didn't sell, so they ended up having to use a broker (which is what they would have done in the first place if it hadn't been put on Ebay). The plane sold at a loss too. All that is being overlooked while she continues to make claims to being a reformer.

I think her own statement sums her up -- she's a pitbull with lipstick.

Sarah Palin was also less than honest about the fate of the executive jet. She claimed she solved the problem by putting it on Ebay. That made for a great one-liner. The truth is, she did indeed put it on Ebay but it didn't sell, so they ended up having to use a broker (which is what they would have done in the first place if it hadn't been put on Ebay). The plane sold at a loss too. All that is being overlooked while she continues to make claims to being a reformer.

I think her own statement sums her up -- she's a pitbull with lipstick.

Ah sheesh, you gotta love liberals...

She said she put the jet on ebay...which was EXACTLY what she did. I guess her words were a little bit too frank and honest for you. NOWHERE did she claim the jet sold while listed on eBay7. And exactly HOW did you figure the jet sold for a loss? Could it be the fact that they sold a TWO YEAR OLDER aircraft with MANY additional flight hours (most moving prisoners to Arizona) for less that it was worth 2 years eariler? Sheesh.

Its pretty clear she scares the living crap out of liberals...GOOD!

She said she put the jet on ebay...which was EXACTLY what she did. I guess her words were a little bit too frank and honest for you. NOWHERE did she claim the jet sold while listed on eBay7. And exactly HOW did you figure the jet sold for a loss? Could it be the fact that they sold a TWO YEAR OLDER aircraft with MANY additional flight hours (most moving prisoners to Arizona) for less that it was worth 2 years eariler? Sheesh.

Just like a conservative -- enabling incomplete misstatements such as Palin's on the jet.

By saying she put it on Ebay she left us with the impression that it sold there. It didn't. Therefore, it's being on Ebay wasn't even relevent. When it did sell, it sold at a loss. Another valuable point omitted from her talk. And you are just fine with this? That speaks volumes.

Try living in the real world Craig, difficult though it may be.

Palin may be the cutest one in the bunker, but they are still in the bunker. :)

Just like a conservative -- enabling incomplete misstatements such as Palin's on the jet.

By saying she put it on Ebay she left us with the impression that it sold there. It didn't. Therefore, it's being on Ebay wasn't even relevent. When it did sell, it sold at a loss. Another valuable point omitted from her talk. And you are just fine with this? That speaks volumes.

Try living in the real world Craig, difficult though it may be.

Palin may be the cutest one in the bunker, but they are still in the bunker. :)

Whats the matter Pam, fingers caught in the cookie jar again? There was NO incomplete statement, and if you were up on your research instead of living from the wacky left winig blogs you would have know the whole story and underrstood Palin made NO incomplete statements. The Press in Alaska is filled with stories AS IT HAPPENED about the sale of the jet. Alaska has a long history of selling big ticket items like aircraft on Ebay. I can't help it that your abiltiy to comprehend or read a news report is so shallow, but that too seems to be a very a direct result of the lefty worldview.

And it also appear basic economics is beyond you. Why I suspect you can't undesrstand why your car is woth less two years after you bought it. Thats the real world Pam.

The real world is starting to kick the AZZ of the lefties and the obamanation. You are all scared to death! Looks like you are going to lose yet again!

Craig I think you’re being unduly hostile, and you’re wrong to boot.

She said she put the jet on ebay...which was EXACTLY what she did. I guess her words were a little bit too frank and honest for you. NOWHERE did she claim the jet sold while listed on eBay7

It’s what’s know as a lie by omission by touting her own reformist credentials and citing putting the plane on eBay as evidence she created the impression that she sold it in an innovative way which is not the truth. Are honest rendition if she wanted to say it in a single sentence would be "and we sold it"

The GOP are big on lies of omission such as Palin less than truthful account about her opposition to the “bridge to nowhere” omitting that

-she was for it before it became too politically unpopular at which she turn against it.

-she continued to support an alternative “bridge to nowhere”

- Congress cut funding for it before she said “no thank you”.

(see my previous post)

Lieberman the virtual Republican said that Obama was aginst the troops because he voted against a funding bill.What he omitted is that Obama voted against it because it didn’t include a timetable for withdrawl and that he himself (Liberman) voted against a similar bill because it did.

(this was reported by CNN yesterday)

And exactly HOW did you figure the jet sold for a loss? Could it be the fact that they sold a TWO YEAR OLDER aircraft with MANY additional flight hours (most moving prisoners to Arizona) for less that it was worth 2 years eariler? Sheesh.

-The plane was already 20-21 years old when her Republican predecessor bought it, does 21 months extra use fully account for a 22 % depreciation?

- Why didn’t they try lowering the reserve price from $ 2.5 million before selling through a broker (for a higher fee) for $ 2.1 million?

“Palin's spokeswoman insisted Thursday that the transaction occurred”

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics...y_plane_cl.html

McCain claimed that "She made a profit, too."

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/2008/09/0...aska_state.html

If the plane’s primary use was “moving prisoners to Arizona” then perhaps it wasn’t the exorbitant luxury she made it out to be. During the Republican primary she portrayed it as being mostly used by her predecessor for personal use.

Hopefully she’ll scare “the living crap out of” moderate voters especially ones in battleground states.

Ah sheesh, you gotta love liberals...

I agree, gotta love’em, they (we) are America’s only hope for saving the country from the disastrous path it’s been on for the last 8 years. They are certainly a lot better than Palin and the rest of the factually challenged Republicans.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_.../cvn_fact_check

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jV8usIF...wXZGtQD931C8R80

Edited by Len Colby

You think I'm being harsh...tough.

And sadly for you I am completely right.

It was no "lie of ommision", it was the honest truth. Now I know its kills you liberals to high heck that Palin is kicking your silly butts but you need to deal with the reality Len. She told the truth...she said she put the plane on ebay and thats EXACTLTY what she did. If this stuff is the best you libratards can offer you are in REALLY deep do do. LOL!

BTW Lew, its not the age of an aircraft that fixes its value as much as the hours of use and the state of the required maintence. Having watched the value of a corporate King Air 350 owned by a company I was part of a few years back PLUMMET as the aircraft neared the end of the engines service life, 22% seems quite a reasonable depreciation. The state of Alaska was paying about 60k per month for payments on this aircraft, good for them to actually use it while trying to sell it. Sadly it cost far more per prisoner to use the Westwind than to use commercial airlines, but at least they got some use out of the aircraft.

Also putting the aircraft on ebay was not really 'innovative" for Alaska. In fact is is common practice. Strike two for the Len.

Man it is gonna be so much fun watching you libs cry after you lose THIS election too!

[...]

The real world is starting to kick the AZZ of the lefties and the obamanation. You are all scared to death! Looks like you are going to lose yet again!

LMFAO -- I didn't realize stand-up comedy was part of your forte, Craig...

Lookee here, Ms. Palin and her family, are effectively under the GOP bus, thanks to an angry, bitter old man, John McCain. John McCain knew what he had to do, and DIDN'T do it, WITHDRAW. McCain is through, so is the GOP as is Reverand Dobson radical, religious right crowd. The farce that began with Ronnie Ray-gun is OVAH! The GOP has nearly bankrupted this country with idiotic policies, and a WAR in Iraq that only George Bush and his merry band of neo-con warriors wanted.

(Billy Kristol chief architect and NEO-CON shape-shifter looked horrible at the convention, guilt finally caught up with him, eh?)

Say, do you think Ms. McCain's $300,000+, propping up Hubbie (role) in that ridiculous colored acceptance speech outfit think that outfit went over in middle America? Not quite sure how Mrs. McCain feels about the "moose" hunter sharing the stage with John (Ms. Palin however does look great in a mini-skirt - AND John does have an eye for the ladies)... And finally, Ms. Palin can't hide from the press cameras for long... surely she's been indoctrinated with GOP policies by now? What's so complicated about starting go-no-where wars, and spending away time at a family retreat 60% of the time, while those policies you advocated (and acted on) usher the US economy into the toilet?

We have plenty of questions for THEE one "Madame moose hunter" Ms. Palin. We haven't baptized her, YET, Craig... Say, did any of those moose(s) shoot back? and the next time she picks up a M-16 tell her to use the sights, you just don't point that thing anywhere...

I'm sure Abe 'GOP' Lincoln has turned over in his grave, TWICE even....

Edited by David G. Healy

[...]

Lookee here, Ms. Palin and her family, are effectively under the GOP bus, thanks to an angry, bitter old man, John McCain. John McCain knew what he had to do, and DIDN'T do it, WITHDRAW. McCain is through, so is the GOP as is Reverand Dobson radical, religious right crowd. The farce that began with Ronnie Ray-gun is OVAH! The GOP has nearly bankrupted this country with idiotic policies, and a WAR in Iraq that only George Bush and his merry band of neo-con warriors wanted.

(Billy Kristol chief architect and NEO-CON shape-shifter looked horrible at the convention, guilt finally caught up with him, eh?)

Say, do you think Ms. McCain's $300,000+, propping up Hubbie (role) in that ridiculous colored acceptance speech outfit think that outfit went over in middle America? Not quite sure how Mrs. McCain feels about the "moose" hunter sharing the stage with John (Ms. Palin however does look great in a mini-skirt - AND John does have an eye for the ladies)... And finally, Ms. Palin can't hide from the press cameras for long... surely she's been indoctrinated with GOP policies by now? What's so complicated about starting go-no-where wars, and spending away time at a family retreat 60% of the time, while those policies you advocated (and acted on) usher the US economy into the toilet?

We have plenty of questions for THEE one "Madame moose hunter" Ms. Palin. We haven't baptized her, YET, Craig... Say, did any of those moose(s) shoot back? and the next time she picks up a M-16 tell her to use the sights, you just don't point that thing anywhere...

Let see davie, the polls show the obamanation falling, the viewership numbers shows McCain/Palin trashed them and you think it OVER? Now thats TRUE comedy davie. And all of this with the MSM in the bag for ZERObama. Sure is gonna be an interesting 8 weeks. The libratards are going nuts!

[...]

Let see davie, the polls show the obamanation falling, the viewership numbers shows McCain/Palin trashed them and you think it OVER? Now thats TRUE comedy davie. And all of this with the MSM in the bag for ZERObama. Sure is gonna be an interesting 8 weeks. The libratards are going nuts!

47 Obama-45 the old, angry dude, John Mc. How come Sarah and John are running from the press? He finally getting around to the vetting couch? Could it be that "4 more years after the past 8 GOP years" mantra is enough? The right Reverend Dobson have those radical reich-wingers in Indiana up and at 'em yet? How do you spell(sic) Dan Quayle? Bet old Ron Paul is looking pretty good these days, eh?

Edited by David G. Healy

I am finding myself annoyed that the Democrats were not permitted an opportunity to discuss Sarah Palin at their convention -- because the choice was conveniently not announced until after that convention had ended. Seems like they were afraid she couldn't take the heat.

47 Obama-45 the old, angry dude, John Mc. How come Sarah and John are running from the press? He finally getting around to the vetting couch? Could it be that "4 more years after the past 8 GOP years" mantra is enough? The right Reverend Dobson have those radical reich-wingers in Indiana up and at 'em yet? How do you spell(sic) Dan Quayle? Bet old Ron Paul is looking pretty good these days, eh?

Gallup McCain 48 Zerobama 45

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110050/Gallup-D...head-48-45.aspx

Rassmussen McCain 48 obamanation 48

CBS McCain 42 Nobama 42

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/2008/0...ial-race-again/

Wanna try again davie? Maybe you will have a bit better luck next time but I doubt it..the bump for McCain will only get bigger this week and "the one" can't play from behind. He is gonna tank...bigtime.

I am finding myself annoyed that the Democrats were not permitted an opportunity to discuss Sarah Palin at their convention -- because the choice was conveniently not announced until after that convention had ended. Seems like they were afraid she couldn't take the heat.

Bold mine.

This really takes the cake. No wonder you guys are losers...you don't even know how to play the game.

Permitted...ROFLMAO!

Gallup McCain 48 Zerobama 45

Rassmussen McCain 48 obamanation 48

CBS McCain 42 Nobama 42

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/2008/0...ial-race-again/

Wanna try again davie? Maybe you will have a bit better luck next time but I doubt it..the bump for McCain will only get bigger this week and "the one" can't play from behind. He is gonna tank...bigtime.

love it when racists welcome home the "Immaculate Conception." She has saved the GOP bacon (sic) for the moment... LMAO! How many planes did John lose while in the Navy? Curious minds want to know....