The Education Forum

Sarah Palin

John Simkin

I am finding myself annoyed that the Democrats were not permitted an opportunity to discuss Sarah Palin at their convention -- because the choice was conveniently not announced until after that convention had ended. Seems like they were afraid she couldn't take the heat.

Bold mine.

This really takes the cake. No wonder you guys are losers...you don't even know how to play the game.

Permitted...ROFLMAO!

You've said it like it is -- this is all a game to you. You want us to focus on personalities and forget about issues, while the country is failing. In this past week alone, unemployment has been announced to be over 6%, the dow plummetted nearly 400 points, and now Freddie Mac and Fannie May have to be bailed out. You are living in a twilight zone, just like Hitler and his cronies were in the bunker in Berlin, believing that somehow they would win the game. They too were oblivious to the carnage their policies had created.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am finding myself annoyed that the Democrats were not permitted an opportunity to discuss Sarah Palin at their convention -- because the choice was conveniently not announced until after that convention had ended. Seems like they were afraid she couldn't take the heat.

Bold mine.

This really takes the cake. No wonder you guys are losers...you don't even know how to play the game.

Permitted...ROFLMAO!

You've said it like it is -- this is all a game to you. You want us to focus on personalities and forget about issues, while the country is failing. In this past week alone, unemployment has been announced to be over 6%, the dow plummetted nearly 400 points, and now Freddie Mac and Fannie May have to be bailed out. You are living in a twilight zone, just like Hitler and his cronies were in the bunker in Berlin, believing that somehow they would win the game. They too were oblivious to the carnage their policies had created.

How cute and OH SO PREDICTABLE! Your knickers get twisted into a knot and out come the HITLER references. Fricking amazing! Liberals are an OPEN BOOK!

You don't have a CLUE Pam. I don't want you to focus on the issues? Where exactly did that one come from? The fertile ground of your leftwing imagination?

The "game' is watching folks like you make silly statements like "I am finding myself annoyed that the Democrats were not permitted an opportunity to discuss Sarah Palin at their convention -- because the choice was conveniently not announced until after that convention had ended. Seems like they were afraid she couldn't take the heat. " What a disconnect from reality.

This is deadly serious business and the looney left simply can't be trusted to be in control. Your last few posts are the perfect evidence of that.

Make sure you cover your head...we don't eant the sky to fall on it.

47 Obama-45 the old, angry dude, John Mc. How come Sarah and John are running from the press? He finally getting around to the vetting couch? Could it be that "4 more years after the past 8 GOP years" mantra is enough? The right Reverend Dobson have those radical reich-wingers in Indiana up and at 'em yet? How do you spell(sic) Dan Quayle? Bet old Ron Paul is looking pretty good these days, eh?

Gallup McCain 48 Zerobama 45

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110050/Gallup-D...head-48-45.aspx

Rassmussen McCain 48 obamanation 48

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110050/Gallup-D...head-48-45.aspx

CBS McCain 42 Nobama 42

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/2008/0...ial-race-again/

Wanna try again davie? Maybe you will have a bit better luck next time but I doubt it..the bump for McCain will only get bigger this week and "the one" can't play from behind. He is gonna tank...bigtime.

love it when racists welcome home the "Immaculate Conception." She has saved the GOP bacon (sic) for the moment... LMAO! How many planes did John lose while in the Navy? Curious minds want to know....

Typical davie shuck and jive when he gets caught out... You need some new material. Between you and pammy we have racists and Hitler....how original.

Bold mine.

Permitted...ROFLMAO!

Both candidates Obama and McCain support the bailout proposal of Secretary Paulson. So what does that tell you? Under conditions of collapse the financial oligarchy will be wanting a Hitler or Mussolini in the White House, so I wouldnt be surprised if neither man ever sets foot in the White House. Nothing at this point is setlled. Many things can happen between now and November.

The bail out of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae is tantamount to treason. They want to keep these institutions functioning so they can throw all the toxic paper in the banking system onto US taxpayers.

Normally this story would not really matter but as she is fighting a campaign on "family values" I think it does:

http://www.chocolatecity.cc/blog/2008/09/0...-had-an-affair/

The John McCain camp has threatened legal action against the National Enquirer for reporting that his vice presidential running mate, Sarah Palin, had an affair while married to her husband, Todd.

In a statement responding to John McCain’s threat to sue the tabloid for alleging that his running mate, Sarah Palin, had an affair with her husband’s colleague, the National Enquirer issued the following statement, “Our political reporting has obviously proven to be more detail-oriented than the McCain campaign’s vetting process.”

According to the National Enquirer article: "Todd discovered the affair and quickly dissolved his friendship and business associations with the guy. Many people in Alaska are talking about the rumor and say Todd swept it under the rug."

The man at the center of the campaign, according to Alaska Abroad, a blog by an Alaskan journalist, reports that the allegation refers to the time when Palin was mayor of Wasilla in the mid-1990s.

Palin’s husband Todd and his business partner Brad Hanson owned a snowmobile dealership. Apparently Hanson, who was also married, and Sarah got on famously; Alaskan Abroad’s sources say the two were "flirtatious but never consummated the relationship".

"When Todd found out, he reportedly dissolved the partnership and sold the dealership. Hanson is now a member of the Palmer City Council."

Brad Hanson is currently a city council member in Palmer, Alaska.

The McCain campaign has gone on record as saying the "affair story" is nothing more than a "vicious lie".

"The smearing of the Palin family must end. The allegations contained on the cover of the National Enquirer insinuating that Governor Palin had an extramarital affair are categorically false. It is a vicious lie," said McCain Chief Strategiest, Steve Schmidt.

"The efforts of the media and tabloids to destroy this fine and accomplished public servant are a disgrace. The American people will reject it."

The National Enquirer has gained some respect in recent weeks as the media outlet which broke the extra marital affair story of former Presidential candidate John Edwards. It made key revelations in the Monica Lewinsky sex scandal that led to President Bill Clinton’s impeachment. The revelations about Sarah Palin’s adulterous affair were headlined on the cover of the recent edition of the tabloid, which promised to reveal SARAH PALIN’S DARK SECRETS.

Palin is at the center of another major scandal titled "Trooper Gate". She has hired an attorney to try and diffuse the matter.

An investigation is under way into whether Palin used her office to push for her ex-brother-in-law’s firing from the Alaska State Police and whether she ultimately fired Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan for refusing to sack him.

Mike Wooten was the state trooper and ex-brother-in-law of Palin’s. The Alaska Governor has denied any wrongdoing, saying her decision to fire Monegan involved budgetary concerns and moving the department in a new direction.

post-7-1220854867_thumb.jpg

Normally this story would not really matter but as she is fighting a campaign on "family values" I think it does:

How would it be possible to make an objective decision to be moral without ever having sinned?

Guest Stephen Turner

How would it be possible to make an objective decision to be moral without ever having sinned?

What worries me much more than wether this Woman was human enough to have an sex with someone other than her husband, is that she apparantly believes, against all scientific evidence, that a God created the Universe, and everything in it, in Seven days, and further wants to teach young vulnerable minds that this is a unimpeachable truth.

Surely the point is hypocrisy. It seems that these right-wing Christian fundamentalists go around preaching “family values” but continue to behave in the same way that everybody else does.

Palin is also in favour of censorship. Here is a list of books tried to have ban from the library while in power in Alaska.

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden

As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

Blubber by Judy Blume

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson

Canterbury Tales by Chaucer

Carrie by Stephen King

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Christine by Stephen King

Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cujo by Stephen King

Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen

Daddy's Roommate by Michael Willhoite

Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck

Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller

Decameron by Boccaccio

East of Eden by John Steinbeck

Fallen Angels by Walter Myers

Fanny Hill (Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure) by John Cleland

Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes

Forever by Judy Blume

Grendel by John Champlin Gardner

Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Have to Go by Robert Munsch

Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman

How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell

Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

Impressions edited by Jack Booth

In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak

It's Okay if You Don't Love Me by Norma Klein

James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman

Little Red Riding Hood by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Love is One of the Choices by Norma Klein

Lysistrata by Aristophanes

More Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and

Christopher Collier My House by Nikki Giovanni

My Friend Flicka by Mary O'Hara

Night Chills by Dean Koontz

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer

One Day in The Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander

Solzhenitsyn

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Ordinary People by Judith Guest

Our Bodies, Ourselves by Boston Women's Health Collective

Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy

Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl

Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin

Schwartz Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz

Separate Peace by John Knowles

Silas Marner by George Eliot

Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain

The Bastard by John Jakes

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier

The Color Purple by Alice Walker

The Devil's Alternative by Frederick Forsyth

The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Snyder

The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks

The Living Bible by William C. Bower

The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare

The New Teenage Body Book by Kathy McCoy and Charles

Wibbelsman

The Pigman by Paul Zindel

The Seduction of Peter S. by Lawrence Sanders

The Shining by Stephen King

The Witches by Roald Dahl

The Witches of Worm by Zilpha Snyder

Then Again, Maybe I Won't by Judy Blume

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare

Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the

Merriam-Webster Editorial Staff

Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts: The Story of the

Halloween Symbols by Edna Barth

John,

Apparently that list of books was originally posted by someone at librarian.net, from whence is proliferated. The website says there is “apparently no truth to the claim.”

http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee/

The list is indeed fake as presented by the poster. It is in fact a list of “Books Banned at One Time or Another in the United States.” (See link below.) Many of them had not been published at the time of the Palin incident.

http://www.lib.fit.edu/pubs/librarydisplay...oks/website.htm

Ron

John,

Apparently that list of books was originally posted by someone at librarian.net, from whence is proliferated. The website says there is “apparently no truth to the claim.”

The list is indeed fake as presented by the poster. It is in fact a list of “Books Banned at One Time or Another in the United States.” (See link below.) Many of them had not been published at the time of the Palin incident.

Ron

Sorry about that. I received the list by email from someone who is usually a reliable source of information.

I would have thought that McCain, as the owner of seven houses, needed to someone who could relate to the American population. Pain is the representative of a very untypical state that has a population of only 700,000 people. Alaska is essentially an oil company. Her main problem when in office was what to do with a $5 billion oil surplus. She decided to split half a billion dollars among every Alaskan this summer. No wonder she is a popular governor.

The main issue in the election is the economy. This is causing real hurt yet Alaska is the one state that is not having to deal with these problems. As one political commentator put it: “It would be very hard to pick a governor in America who knows less about the struggles of most Americans in the current economy.”

Then there is the issue of McCain’s green policies. This used to be against the drilling for oil in the protected Alaska National Wilderness Reserve. However, that is the one policy that Palin has advocated over the last couple of years.

What worries me much more than wether this Woman was human enough to have an sex with someone other than her husband, is that she apparantly believes, against all scientific evidence, that a God created the Universe, and everything in it, in Seven days, and further wants to teach young vulnerable minds that this is a unimpeachable truth.

Bold mine.

Surely you can back that up with some sort of evidence...right? Or is it yet one more interenet rumor being passed along as truth? Seems the net is quite full of them about Palin...

http://www.chocolatecity.cc/blog/2008/09/0...-had-an-affair/

The John McCain camp has threatened legal action against the National Enquirer for reporting that his vice presidential running mate, Sarah Palin, had an affair while married to her husband, Todd.

In a statement responding to John McCain’s threat to sue the tabloid for alleging that his running mate, Sarah Palin, had an affair with her husband’s colleague, the National Enquirer issued the following statement, “Our political reporting has obviously proven to be more detail-oriented than the McCain campaign’s vetting process.”

According to the National Enquirer article: "Todd discovered the affair and quickly dissolved his friendship and business associations with the guy. Many people in Alaska are talking about the rumor and say Todd swept it under the rug."

The man at the center of the campaign, according to Alaska Abroad, a blog by an Alaskan journalist, reports that the allegation refers to the time when Palin was mayor of Wasilla in the mid-1990s.

Palin’s husband Todd and his business partner Brad Hanson owned a snowmobile dealership. Apparently Hanson, who was also married, and Sarah got on famously; Alaskan Abroad’s sources say the two were "flirtatious but never consummated the relationship".

"When Todd found out, he reportedly dissolved the partnership and sold the dealership. Hanson is now a member of the Palmer City Council."

Brad Hanson is currently a city council member in Palmer, Alaska.

The McCain campaign has gone on record as saying the "affair story" is nothing more than a "vicious lie".

"The smearing of the Palin family must end. The allegations contained on the cover of the National Enquirer insinuating that Governor Palin had an extramarital affair are categorically false. It is a vicious lie," said McCain Chief Strategiest, Steve Schmidt.

"The efforts of the media and tabloids to destroy this fine and accomplished public servant are a disgrace. The American people will reject it."

The National Enquirer has gained some respect in recent weeks as the media outlet which broke the extra marital affair story of former Presidential candidate John Edwards. It made key revelations in the Monica Lewinsky sex scandal that led to President Bill Clinton’s impeachment. The revelations about Sarah Palin’s adulterous affair were headlined on the cover of the recent edition of the tabloid, which promised to reveal SARAH PALIN’S DARK SECRETS.

Palin is at the center of another major scandal titled "Trooper Gate". She has hired an attorney to try and diffuse the matter.

An investigation is under way into whether Palin used her office to push for her ex-brother-in-law’s firing from the Alaska State Police and whether she ultimately fired Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan for refusing to sack him.

Mike Wooten was the state trooper and ex-brother-in-law of Palin’s. The Alaska Governor has denied any wrongdoing, saying her decision to fire Monegan involved budgetary concerns and moving the department in a new direction.

Ah yes..the Enquirer..the Clinton proxy smear machine in action....

You need much better sources John. Unless unfounded innuendo is your bag.

John,

Ron

Sorry about that. I received the list by email from someone who is usually a reliable source of information.

The banned booklist is indeed a fraud. Spreading disinformation only hurts Obama. The truth is that Palin asked the town librarian before and after her first inauguration as mayor if she would be willing to ban books but she refused. Shortly after taking office she tried to fire the librarian but had to back down due to public outcry.

Neo-con apologists point out that the librarian was one of several city employees who backed Palin’s long serving predecessor for re-election and that it is common for political appointees to be replaced when a new administration takes office. That is true but town librarian shouldn’t be a political job especially in a town of 7000 people and it seems such changes were not routine in Wasilla Either way you cut it Palin was trying to bulldoze freedom of speech.

Just as I suspect Dan Rather was set up with the Bush documents I wouldn’t be surprised if the faux-list was a Rove like scam to bury the real book banning story.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/06/the-b...ned-books-list/

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/p/pal...anned-books.htm