The Education Forum

Marina Oswald and the Money

Jim Feemster

Hi all,

Anyone here remember Marina getting thousands of dollars sent to her by the American public in the same way Tippitt's widow received the same?

If so, do you know how much it was and any other details of her life post assassination until about 1980.?

I've heard she was a party girl, was accused of shoplifting once and a few other things that had to do with her around Dallas in the above mentioned time frame.

By the way I am " PRO " Marina and only ask out of curiosity as to how she got along .

jim feemster

Hi all,

Anyone here remember Marina getting thousands of dollars sent to her by the American public in the same way Tippitt's widow received the same?

If so, do you know how much it was and any other details of her life post assassination until about 1980.?

Jim, she received about $60,00 + loose change from public donations. Further money over the years was forked out by various media outlets and the government.

Some of that money went on expensive clothing and some serious partying. She has owned a cosmetics business, and in the 70s, co-owned a bar with her husband. She has also worked in a clothing store and a 7-Eleven.

I've heard she was a party girl, was accused of shoplifting once and a few other things that had to do with her around Dallas in the above mentioned time frame.

She was questioned about a theft at the 7-Eleven when she worked there, but so were other staff. She was not charged.

By the way I am " PRO " Marina and only ask out of curiosity as to how she got along.

There surely must be times she wishes her life at turned out differently.

I can't say I'm "pro" or "con" as that seems to connote she should be regarded as "good guy" or "bad guy"/ "innocent victim" or "contributing conspirator" / "black hat" or "white hat".

My wild and still fuzzy theory is that Niki K was her pater; and that getting her out of the country served one or more purpose and may have been part of the negotiations regarding Oswald's mission/s.

What is not so fuzzy is that she was debriefed by John Pic during the alleged Thanksgiving family reunion in '62.

jim feemster

Hi all,

Jim, she received about $60,00 + loose change from public donations. Further money over the years was forked out by various media outlets and the government.

Some of that money went on expensive clothing and some serious partying. She has owned a cosmetics business, and in the 70s, co-owned a bar with her husband. She has also worked in a clothing store and a 7-Eleven.

She was questioned about a theft at the 7-Eleven when she worked there, but so were other staff. She was not charged.

By the way I am " PRO " Marina and only ask out of curiosity as to how she got along.

There surely must be times she wishes her life at turned out differently.

I can't say I'm "pro" or "con" as that seems to connote she should be regarded as "good guy" or "bad guy"/ "innocent victim" or "contributing conspirator" / "black hat" or "white hat".

My wild and still fuzzy theory is that Niki K was her pater; and that getting her out of the country served one or more purpose and may have been part of the negotiations regarding Oswald's mission/s.

What is not so fuzzy is that she was debriefed by John Pic during the alleged Thanksgiving family reunion in '62.

jim feemster

Thanks for responding , Greg,

Yeah, there's something about Pic that doesn't ring true and of course Robert , too! But I think in Robert's case its more after the fact than before.

When you can't find your car keyes they are in a place where you haven't looked!

Any idea of the name of the bar Marina owned w/ Porter?

jim

....Good Day Jim.... Writer A.C. GREENE, the editor of the "Dallas Times Herald" newspapers

"People's Forum" column in 1963 and 1964, has stated for the record that the DMN received

$241,000 from readers in donations for MARINA OSWALD.

$243,000 in donations was received for MARIE TIPPIT. GREENE stated he gave their donations

to each of them.

44 years later, in 2007 dollars, according to this inflation calculator....

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

....each of those amounts for MARIE and MARINA would be over $1,615,000 in 2007 dollars.

(kinda' makes you think about actually planning, investing smartly, and saving/growing some

retirement ca$h, ayyyye?!! :lol:

If I remember correctly, the DPD also received donations of a near equal amount.

(probably mostly for TIPPIT's wife)

For MARIE TIPPIT, another $25,000 (around $167,000 in 2007 dollars) was given

to her by ABRAHAM ZAPRUDER.

Best Regards in Research,

Don

Don Roberdeau

U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, "Big John," Plank Walker

Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges Clearly

Discovery: ROSEMARY WILLIS Zapruder Film Documented 2nd Headsnap : Westward, Ultrafast, & Directly Towards the "Grassy Knoll"

Dealey Plaza Professionally-surveyed Map Detailing 11-22-63 Victims locations, Witnesses, Photographers, Suspected trajectories, Evidentiary artifacts, & Important information & considerations

President KENNEDY "Men of Courage: 4 Principles" speech, and a portion of fellow researchers articles and my research & discoveries, 1975 to present

T ogether

E veryone

A chieves

M ore

TEAMWORK.gif

National Terror Alert for the United States:

advisory7regional.gif

"Drehm seemed to think the shots came from in FRONT OF or BESIDE

the President." (my EMPHASIS)

----CHARLES F. BREHM, a combat gunfire experienced, United States

Army Ranger, World War II, D-day veteran, & very close Dealey Plaza

attack witness, quoted only minutes after the attack, and while he

is still standing within Dealey Plaza (11-22-63 "Dallas Times Herald,"

fifth & final daily edition, which mis-spelled his name)

"Another eyewitness, Charles Brehm, said he was 15 feet away from the

President when he was shot.

'He was waving, then the FIRST shot hit him and that awful look

crossed his face.' " (my EMPHASIS)

CHARLES F. BREHM, a combat gunfire experienced, United States Army

Ranger, World War II, D-day veteran, & very close Dealey Plaza attack

witness (quoted to the "Associated Press," 11-22-63)

Hi all,

By the way I am " PRO " Marina and only ask out of curiosity as to how she got along .

jim feemster

Edited by Don Roberdeau

....Good Day Jim.... Writer A.C. GREENE, the editor of the "Dallas Times Herald" newspapers

"People's Forum" column in 1963 and 1964, has stated for the record that the DMN received

$241,000 from readers in donations for MARINA OSWALD.

Don, because your figure is substantially higher than what I had, I did some further digging and note that you've said elsewhere that the money was received by Greene - not the DMN. Can you clarify?

Writer A.C. GREENE, the editor of the newspaper "Dallas Times Herald" "People's Forum" column in 1963 and 1964, has stated for the record that he received $241,000 from readers in donations for MARINA OSWALD aajfk newsgroup posting Jan 21, 2004

In any case, your figure may well be more accurate. Mine came from People Magazine -- though Marina did more or less confirm the $60,000 figure in the story...

Over the years I read of Marina now and then. She received contributions totaling more than $60,000 from Americans sympathetic to her plight.

Later in the story, she is quoted as saying, Well, that $60,000 is gone, that's for sure... Maybe she just didn't want to admit she'd gone through 4 times that much?

The story is now online here:

http://www.people.com/people/archive/artic...0197611,00.html

edit on my math! :)

Edited by Greg Parker

$241,000 from readers in donations for MARINA OSWALD."

Don,

I wonder if there were records kept as where the money came from. As you have so vividly pointed out, the amount is huge. I cannot imagine that it came in $5 & $10 amounts (@$10.00 donations, it would require 24,110 people). I personally do not think, with the mood of the country that this amount was given to Marina by the masses. (Mrs. Tippitt, YES, Mrs. OSWALD, no.)

Terry

Edited by Terry Adams

Please factor in the shennagans of Mr. Martin, the desk clerk at the Six Flaggs, where the SS took Marina and the kids and mother in the immediate days after the assassination. Martin became Marina's "business manager" when a lot of deals went down.

One of them was Marina's story would be written exclusively by Priscilla Johnson McMillan, the former NANA Moscow correspondent who interviewed the USMC defector to USSR LHO. PJM's book didn't come out for over a decade after being due, apparently no hurry, but the exclusiveness of the story was tightly held by PJM for over a decade, and their publisher must have given Marina some dough to sign the contracts. I don't know what the figures are, but they must be substantial.

And Greg,

What was the name of Marina's Bar, as I have to put it on the Assassin's Tour.

BK

Please factor in the shennagans of Mr. Martin, the desk clerk at the Six Flaggs, where the SS took Marina and the kids and mother in the immediate days after the assassination. Martin became Marina's "business manager" when a lot of deals went down.

One of them was Marina's story would be written exclusively by Priscilla Johnson McMillan, the former NANA Moscow correspondent who interviewed the USMC defector to USSR LHO. PJM's book didn't come out for over a decade after being due, apparently no hurry, but the exclusiveness of the story was tightly held by PJM for over a decade, and their publisher must have given Marina some dough to sign the contracts. I don't know what the figures are, but they must be substantial.

And Greg,

What was the name of Marina's Bar, as I have to put it on the Assassin's Tour.

BK

Bill, I may have to amend that. I just checked my source on it - Marina's NO GJ testimony - and she said in that it was owned by her husband. The name of it was not mentioned - and he owned it obviously prior to the '70s as stated in my earlier post.

Further to the total amount she received from private donations - Weberman states in his Nodule 24 that the figure was $70,000.

In her GJ testimony, Marina states she has no idea what the figure was and that all she had left after the lawyers got their cuts was enough to buy a $10,500 house.

She was badgered in particular during this testimony about the initial donation received - an anonymous $25,000. She claimed she knew nothing about it.

It seems likely they were pursuing this in the belief that such payments were merely disguised as anonymous donations, and were in fact payment for whatever role they suspected she had.

I also note that in one of her stints giving testimony, Ruth Paine stated she was getting small amounts through the mail for Marina at her address and took them to Irving police when received.

If these letters were addressed to Marina, how did Ruth know what they contained unless she was opening them?

perhaps a week [after the assassination]. I had sent Marina one of these small collections of letters, such as I have

described, that includes notes to her and donations, and left such with the Irving police, and on one occasion left also a couple of books which were hers. ....