The Education Forum

John Dolva Come Back!

Reading the Dolvanic thread I am reminded just how great his threads were. Anyone heard of his walkabouts?

I met John Dolva in Australia a couple of years ago. We were in regular contact by email until a couple of months ago when he stopped replying. I hope he is alright.

Yea,

Will somebody please ask John Dolva to check in with his mates, and report back?

Thanks,

BK

I'm with you William, John brought a distinctive voice to any debate.

Guys, I tried to look him up in the White Pages yesterday. No listing.

Has anyone tried to email recently?

Greg or any other Australians inclined to call, there is a couple named Dolva, neither of whom have first initials 'J" in Western Australia. Odds are they are relatives since the name is not common.

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/resSearchA...pe=Search%20Box

Len,

I noticed that when I checked the directory. The only other one listed in Australia is in New South Wales. I believe John may have lived in NSW at some stage as well. Was going to give it a day or two hoping this thread would help flush him out, before ringing either number.

My own hunch is that he is overseas - but even if right, it's hardly a guarantee that he's okay.

Thomas,

sometimes one can't afford not to go walkabout - but it does depend on what you value to start with.

I highly recommend it.

They are almost certainly relatives I'd guess parents and a sibling respectively.Worth giving them a call. I'd Skype them but I didn't really "know" John and my connection has been a bit slow recently.

Reading the Dolvanic thread I am reminded just how great his threads were. Anyone heard of his walkabouts?

I met John Dolva in Australia a couple of years ago. We were in regular contact by email until a couple of months ago when he stopped replying. I hope he is alright.

Yea,

Will somebody please ask John Dolva to check in with his mates, and report back?

Thanks,

BK

I'm with you William, John brought a distinctive voice to any debate.

Guys, I tried to look him up in the White Pages yesterday. No listing.

Has anyone tried to email recently?

Greg or any other Australians inclined to call, there is a couple named Dolva, neither of whom have first initials 'J" in Western Australia. Odds are they are relatives since the name is not common.

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/resSearchA...pe=Search%20Box

Len,

I noticed that when I checked the directory. The only other one listed in Australia is in New South Wales. I believe John may have lived in NSW at some stage as well. Was going to give it a day or two hoping this thread would help flush him out, before ringing either number.

My own hunch is that he is overseas - but even if right, it's hardly a guarantee that he's okay.

Thomas,

sometimes one can't afford not to go walkabout - but it does depend on what you value to start with.

I highly recommend it.

They are almost certainly relatives I'd guess parents and a sibling respectively.Worth giving them a call. I'd Skype them but I didn't really "know" John and my connection has been a bit slow recently.

I've rang a couple of times today without even getting an answering machine.

• 1 month later...

Gratitude to all around. Tom's right, sometimes one must. Sometimes prorities shift, sometimes in order to make that which needs to be possibile a greater certainty. iow spring cleaning of life and mind, which in turn may allow a dispassionate step back and review. Certain things come into perpsective.

Great to see the ole' gang still plugging away.

I regard the Kennedy assassination as a pivital moment in human history.

In not too many decades no one alive will remember him. Woe if he, and the promise he stood for, becomes just another footnote in history.

As pivotal, there was a before and after, the world we live in is the after. What if...?

To solve this and to get back on track, to defeat the dominant global paradigm, is a matter of urgency. We have children. To leave them a world due to condoning that which is abhorrent we fail in our duty irrespective of nationality, creed, color, et.c.. The bliss of ignorance that closes eyes, deflects agendas, pehaps can be renewed by a LOVE for truth.

(I have written no book, I have no intention of capitalising, and perhaps have my objectivity obfuscated by any gain, on this event, ever.)

As pivotal, there was a before and after, the world we live in is the after. What if...?

To solve this and to get back on track, to defeat the dominant global paradigm, is a matter of urgency. We have children. To leave them a world due to condoning that which is abhorrent we fail in our duty irrespective of nationality, creed, color, etc.. The bliss of ignorance that closes eyes, deflects agendas, pehaps can be renewed by a LOVE for truth.

How do you view the current economic crisis? Will the outcome be a more rational system?

To solve this and to get back on track, to defeat the dominant global paradigm, is a matter of urgency. We have children. To leave them a world due to condoning that which is abhorrent we fail in our duty irrespective of nationality, creed, color, etc.. The bliss of ignorance that closes eyes, deflects agendas, pehaps can be renewed by a LOVE for truth.

How do you view the current economic crisis? Will the outcome be a more rational system?

Cyclical, predictable.

All economic crisis, especially major ones, are dangerous and hence the approach must be multipronged. Of course there is a vanguard that realises significances powers to be would prefer 'the masses' remain ignorant of. There will be attempts to divide and rule, pit human against human rather than have them unite and recognise that the problem is systemic. An important point to start from is ones own life in living by caring and protecting self and dearest. At the same time, one must not forget that '...we all breathe the same air...we all love our children.'.

Family is an old word with its origin in a meaning that is not nuclear but extended to all humans. The extended family of humanity needs to recognise all as brothers and sisters, and those who seek to destroy this need disarming. This can happen on many levels, remembering that individual terrorism is an 'infantile disorder' and that open channels of communication co-oordinating education, to direct action, can be essential.

'Will the outcome be a more rational system?'

The current economic 'correction' can be catastrophic. Our PM proposes increased help for the needy, not a degrading of social services. Certain forces (IMF, WB) press for a 'level playing field' which some commentators describe as poor countries playing soccer (football) uphill agains the wind and sun, barefoot with a huge goal, against hightech equipped players with a tiny goal, and credit in exchange for degraded local economies and greater opportunities for monopolies.

If the outcome IS to be more rational, forums such as this can play a very important role as one of the 'prongs'. It's up to us all in different ways. Learning to say yes and no and meaning it, no matter what. Staunch, united, sacrificing, and dismissing with finality those who seek to divide and turn ordinary brothers and sisters against each other.

el pueblo unido jamas sera vencido and sometimes, as the Chilean people cried to Allende: el pueblo armada jamas sera vencido.

Venceremos!

Outernational, JAH rules!

Education!

Or WWIII looms on the horizon.

The NAM or Non Aligned Movement and its direction bears watching. Ghandi, MLK, JFK, RFK, Reuther, MX, Ali as C.X and Ali and many others have important lessons. The mix of all these, each throwing one silk thread can snare the wildest tiger.

Will the outcome be a more rational system? It can, and it cannot, be. History tends to show the ease of forgetting and repeating. (see 'Tale of two brothers.') It has happened before and will again.

• 9 years later...
On 9/8/2008 at 2:02 AM, John Simkin said:

I've been wondering what happened to John Dolva since I joined the forum. Does anybody know?

John, do you still have an email address?