The Education Forum

Harold Doyle passed away

Wim Dankbaar

He passed away yesterday September 10, 2008 in a nursing home in Williamson WV.

Wim

Harold Dean Doyle, 77 of Williamson, WV, a special part of History, departed from this earth and went to meet the Lord on September 10, 2008 at the Trinity Helathcare. He was well known for being one of the three tramps on the grassy knoll in Dallas, Texas when Pres. John F. Kennedy was assassinated, and he came face to face with Lee Harvey Oswald.

He was born on December 8, 1930 at Red Jacket, WV the son of the late Walter and Kelsy McCoy Doyle. He was also preceded in death by 2 sisters and 3 brothers.

He was a professional Hobo and a Veteran of the US Army.

Survivors include one daughter, Francine Salinas of Arizona, two sons, Manuel Doyle of Fort

Riley, Kansas and Bruce Doyle of Spokane, WA., one sister, Pat Hearblin of Pritchard, WV, special

caretaker, Kelsie Runyon of Pinsonfork, Ky. and four grandchildren.

Funeral services will be held Sunday, September 14, 2008 at 2 PM at R. E. Rogers Funeral

Home, Belfry, Ky. with Lonnie Francis officiating. Burial will follow in the Don Runyon Cemetery,

Pinsonfork, Ky. Visitation will be held after

6 PM Saturday at R. E. Rogers Funeral Home.

doyle8.jpg

doyle15.JPG

doyle18.JPG

doyle35-40.jpg

doyle1.JPG

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

Wim,

I don't think the first photo is of him. I thought the first one is a photo of the fellow who allegedly killed his parents and stored them in the fridge of his home. His name escapes me right now, but it was something like Rogers.

Guest Stephen Turner
Wim,

I don't think the first photo is of him. I thought the first one is a photo of the fellow who allegedly killed his parents and stored them in the fridge of his home. His name escapes me right now, but it was something like Rogers.

Charles Rogers= Frenchie.

Wim,

DSC00109.JPG

The first one is Charles Frederick Rogers, the second one is the tramp as photographed in Dealey Plaza nov 22 63, the third is Harold Doyle.

Edited by Wim Dankbaar

Thanks James, Can you also do one with the picture of Harold with the kids? Just his head in the middle picture?

Wim

I think it's a great match. I would say "bullseye".

Is everyone here agreeing that "Frenchy" and Mr. Doyle are the same man? I do not see it. I look at the nose, the forehead, and especially at the ears. IMO, none of them match, even remotely. Of course we know the old saying about opinions, but if the pictures inserted by James are of the two men at nearly the same time in their lives (same age +-), I do not believe that they should even be compared. And, again I add, FWIW, it is just my opinion.

Terry

Terry,

Jury is still out for me.

If you look at the two images of the Tramp (Frenchy) I used in my comparisons, they don't even look like the same man. This aspect has always made life difficult when comparisons are made whether it be Charles Rogers or whoever.

Cheers,

James

Edited by James Richards

Is everyone here agreeing that "Frenchy" and Mr. Doyle are the same man? I do not see it. I look at the nose, the forehead, and especially at the ears. IMO, none of them match, even remotely. Of course we know the old saying about opinions, but if the pictures inserted by James are of the two men at nearly the same time in their lives (same age +-), I do not believe that they should even be compared. And, again I add, FWIW, it is just my opinion.

Terry

I am certainly NOT agreeing that "Frenchy" and Doyle are the same man. I am agreeing with YOU.

Wim

PS: Also Doyle was 32 in 1963. Frenchy looks 10 years older if you ask me.

Frenchy had a VERTICAL wrinkle above his nose on the supraorbital arch.
Neither Doyle nor any other contender does.

Jack

Jack,

I would prefer to think that "Frenchy" was not Harold Doyle.

However, when I looked very closely at the photo of Harold Doyle in post #8 (above), I could see the same vertical wrinkle which you pointed out in the "Frenchy" photos.

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves