The Education Forum

Look at the Obvious

Does time of day play a role here??

Kathy

Kathy, You know that by being logical that you are taking all the fun out of this alteration nonsense. Denis points out that there could be no justifiable reason for screwing with the holes and you noticed that one view is seen from steep above and in shadow. Add the blur factor into the angle and shading of the area ... the holes 'ALMOST' fade out from view, but there are there if one looks hard enough.

I'll give these alteration guys one thing ... they don't mind looking silly and even more amazing is that they don't mind us knowing that they don't mind looking silly.

Bill Miller

I'll give these alteration guys one thing ... they don't mind looking silly and even more amazing is that they don't mind us knowing that they don't mind looking silly.

Bill Miller

apparently you forget your history elsewhere, but we won't go into that, now...

Go into it all you want, David ... each time you do you end up covered in doo-doo! :lol:

Info received from the Gary Mack ...

"The Bell and Dorman frames do not match because they are 1.25-1.5 seconds apart in time (Bell is earlier) and some bystander movement is to be expected.

The overhanging tree branch is in shadow because another tree and/or branch is casting a shadow upon it.

The Dorman camera was not “zoomed in” because it did not have a zoom lens.

The cheap Brownie camera (which is in the Museum’s collection) had a poor lens that could not resolve the subtle changes within the concrete areas not exposed to full sunlight.

The film was underexposed and was the grainy, inferior 3M brand, not Kodachrome II like everyone else used (except Towner)"

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Go into it all you want, David ... each time you do you end up covered in doo-doo! :lol:

Info received from the Gary Mack ...

"The Bell and Dorman frames do not match because they are 1.25-1.5 seconds apart in time (Bell is earlier) and some bystander movement is to be expected.

The overhanging tree branch is in shadow because another tree and/or branch is casting a shadow upon it.

The Dorman camera was not “zoomed in” because it did not have a zoom lens.

The cheap Brownie camera (which is in the Museum’s collection) had a poor lens that could not resolve the subtle changes within the concrete areas not exposed to full sunlight.

The film was underexposed and was the grainy, inferior 3M brand, not Kodachrome II like everyone else used (except Towner)"

Bill Miller

If you want to believe these frame comparison's from Myer's are 20-24 frames apart, go ahead, but I would beg to differ.

Rosemary Willis's position tells a much different story.

So either Myer's sync is wrong and all of his film sync's are wrong, or Gary's wrong and we need to find at least 1.25-1.5 seconds of extra film.

Let's see: Towner at 16-18 FPS or Towner at 23 FPS.

I think that would include some extra film footage.

chris

Bell and Dorman movies stabilized and the composite photo again.

Notice the movement of Railroad Man in each.

I would say his movements appear to match, using the blue dress woman (in front of Rosemary) as a timing marker.

How can Bell be on the low side of Railroad Man, who is on the low side of Brennan (see Dorman Film), while Railroad Man ends up on the high side of Brennan in Bell's movie.

Impossible!!!

One other point.

The wall is either concave or convex, depending on what side you are viewing it from.

From Bell's movie, is the shape concave or convex?

chris

Part of email from Gary Mack:

"I just stood outside on the northwest corner of Elm & Houston and sighted directly back to Bell’s location through Brennan’s spot on the wall. There is no discrepancy, Chris, just your inability to understand the spatial differences from the two photographer locations. It’s the same problem you’ve had with other of your alteration claims and why I keep teasing you about keeping your day job."

Gary,

You are CORRECT. I am WRONG.

I finally came up with a photo comparison that gave me a better perspective.

I'd been searching the past couple of days but didn't find anything of value, until this one.

The pursuit continues!!!

chris

Part of email from Gary Mack:

"I just stood outside on the northwest corner of Elm & Houston and sighted directly back to Bell’s location through Brennan’s spot on the wall. There is no discrepancy, Chris, just your inability to understand the spatial differences from the two photographer locations. It’s the same problem you’ve had with other of your alteration claims and why I keep teasing you about keeping your day job."

Gary,

You are CORRECT. I am WRONG.

I finally came up with a photo comparison that gave me a better perspective.

I'd been searching the past couple of days but didn't find anything of value, until this one.

The pursuit continues!!!

chris

Chris.

This is one of Lee Forman's photo's