The Education Forum

Deaths on 22nd November 1963

John Simkin

Terry, if you can arrange a debate between myself and ole Lyndon on the topic of music and its role in society, I promise to wipe up the floor with him.

I have 25 gold and platinum records on my wall. I have had thousands of meetings with label owners and artists. And not once has anyone mentioned "Geez, if only people were more scared, they might buy our record." That's not the way it works. People sell freedom ("this band is really wild and wears a lot of funky costumes and the kids are gonna wanna be like them") and friendship ("this guy's songs are so personal you feel like he's confessing his soul to you and you wanna be his friend") and sex ('Just look at her, she's gorgeous, and listen to that voice, she's gonna be a star.")

If there's any music that feeds off fear, it's country music. Was Johnny Cash part of a British plot? Maybe we should ask ole Lyndon what he thinks about Toby Keith.

BTW: reggae music was ANTI-British, and many of its leaders were persecuted by the Jamaican police.

P.S. I found Chaitkin's book quite provocative, and considered it somewhat credible--particularly as it related to Aaron Burr. Your posts demonstrating that his research was only part of an over-all scheme designed to blame everything on the Brits, however, makes me doubt it has any merit whatsoever.

And George Shulz is not a Nazi! He was probably the most moderate leader of the Reagan/Bush era. Calling him a Nazi has no more merit than calling Obama a communist via his connection to Frank Marshall Davis.

Believe it or not I dont have a direct line to Lyndon LaRouche. But based on your rebuttal I would have to place my cash on him in any debate between the two of you. You sound like the guy who claimed to have taken drugs over a long period and boast "It never hurt me", and therefore drugs are not harmful. I dont see how your gold records or meetings with executives proves a darn thing. You do however prove that todays music is all about the senses and how it makes you "feel". Typical boomer garbage.

I never said that "fear" sold records. You misunderstand the entire premise.

As far as Tony Chaitkin and his book Treason in America, I made no such claim that he wrote his book in order to lay blame on the British. This is another of your fantasies. You mention that you found the book provocative and singled out Tony's work on Aaron Burr. Well the whole purpose was to expose Burr as an agent of the British Empire who's goal was to thwart the founding of the US Republic , which was established as a counterpoint to British hedgemony in the world. You either read the book or you did not. If you did read the book then it should require no explanation.

I believe Tony is a member of this forum. He was invited to join based on his book about George Herbert Walker Bush.

Maybe John Simkin can ask him to elaborate on his book Treason in America? He might also weigh in on the counter culture. Chaitkin was born in 1943 so he had a front row seat to the changes made in America after the murder of President Kennedy.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...amp;hl=chaitkin

For my part, around 1979 I read an atrocious piece in the New York Times celebrating Aaron Burr, Alexander Hamilton's killer, as a misunderstood romantic rebel. Wondering why the New York Establishment would side against such a pillar of the naton as Hamilton, I began reading the original sources - the works of Hmailton and other pro-republic historical leaders. I found that the historiography in our era did not simply misplace these historical figures on the political spectrum, but that the philosophical-political mental map of these former leaders was several orders of magnitude more profound and more pro-human than anything in the mental map of our era's available politics. There is a legacy and a tradition of republicanism, and republican leadership in science, art and statecraft, from Greece and Egypt and revived and expanded later, which has always been responsible for human progress.

As you may know, by 1986 the demand for our scalps from Henry Kissinger and others (the George Shultz and Felix Rohatyn breed of bankers) had grown to hysteria, with many thousands of press attacks at once. Kissinger wrote to the FBI that we were a national security threat. On October 6, 1986, 400 men from federal and state police agencies, with helicopter and armored car, raided our publishing offices in Leesburg, Virginia. Seven days after George Bush Sr. took office as President, LaRouche was imprisoned. A couple of dozen others were jailed, with sentences of up to 40-50 years. When Clinton came into office, LaRouche was released, and all the others were in time released as well.

I have a certain specific family background which helped spur me into historical and investigative work

On the JFK assassination: in a sense, it was the coup against the country, and specifically against the Franklin Roosevelt legacy, perpetrated by the authors of the murder, that led to our political initiative. I have done a certain amount of sharply original work around the Lincoln assassination, and our Executive Intelligence Review pioneered the work that helped propel the Garrison investigation on a fruitful international track.

And what about the topic of this thread Aldous Huxley? I'll bet you still havent listened to his 1962 speech. Am I correct?

Edited by Terry Mauro

Guest Stephen Turner
One wonders then if there are Brits who see the decadence and decay of modern society as an American import.

Not wholely, but worth considering. McDonalds, Burger king, Subway, Pizza Hut, KFC, Tacco Bell and many more are on EVERY high street in Britain, how many Fish and Chip shops, or Steak pie outlets decorate your main drags? Truth is, if there was a culture war, we lost.