The Education Forum

Dream of Passamaquoddy

I don't know what to make of this.

It touches on a lot of things - a speech JFK gave in 1959 on energy and calling for a new dam in Maine, which LBJ later squashed, and about which little is known.

This may be connected to the Conservation Tour and Wisconsin plot, if anything.

There's also a former OSS/NASA security officer, masons and French Canadian separatists (Georges Schoerters) and a guy Francois Mario Bachand who met Castro in Montreal and looks a little like Oswald with a mustache.

http://www.dreamofpassamaquoddy.com/thestory.htm

I think it is written by Andrea Silverthorne, who also notes that the Warren Report correctly spells Houston, Elm and Main many times, but then spells it Houston and Maine, which she finds suspicious.

There's also a date 1711, which JFK mentions in the speech, but the New York Times gets wrong in a typo.

Long and convoluted, but a new theory nontheless.

Let me know if anybody gets anything out of this.

BK

Edited by William Kelly

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know what to make of this.

It touches on a lot of things - a speech JFK gave in 1959 on energy and calling for a new dam in Maine, which LBJ later squashed, and about which little is known.

This may be connected to the Conservation Tour and Wisconsin plot, if anything.

There's also a former OSS/NASA security officer, masons and French Canadian separatists (Georges Schoerters) and a guy Francois Mario Bachand who met Castro in Montreal and looks a little like Oswald with a mustache.

http://www.dreamofpassamaquoddy.com/thestory.htm

I think it is written by Andrea Silverthorne, who also notes that the Warren Report correctly spells Houston, Elm and Main many times, but then spells it Houston and Maine, which she finds suspicious.

There's also a date 1711, which JFK mentions in the speech, but the New York Times gets wrong in a typo.

Long and convoluted, but a new theory nontheless.

Let me know if anybody gets anything out of this.

BK

Bill, thank you for directing me to this material. I don't think I'd ever find it. That man Francois Mario Bachand looks so much like "Harvey" Oswald it's scary. I agree with the writer that William Seymour doesn't look that much like LHO. As the writer said Bachand used the name "Leon Oswald" at Silvia Odio's, I am beginning to think this may be "Lee" Oswald. I have to go back and read it all again, but I found it fascinating. Thanks for the photos.

And I agree with the author that religion was behind it all.

Kathy C

There's also a former OSS/NASA security officer, masons and French Canadian separatists (Georges Schoerters) and a guy Francois Mario Bachand who met Castro in Montreal and looks a little like Oswald with a mustache. (Bill Kelly)

Bill,

They are a couple of very curious characters. Schoerters was at one point alleged to have been reporting back to the KGB.

Bachand spent some time in Cuba and was on his way back there when he was whacked in Paris. Rumors had it that agents of the RCMP where the ones behind his death.

Schoerters below.

James

There's also a former OSS/NASA security officer, masons and French Canadian separatists (Georges Schoerters) and a guy Francois Mario Bachand who met Castro in Montreal and looks a little like Oswald with a mustache. (Bill Kelly)

Bill,

They are a couple of very curious characters. Schoerters was at one point alleged to have been reporting back to the KGB.

Bachand spent some time in Cuba and was on his way back there when he was whacked in Paris. Rumors had it that agents of the RCMP where the ones behind his death.

Schoerters below.

James

James, do you have any other photos of Francois Mario Bachand? The resemblance to LHO is incredible.

Kathy C

Guest Gary Loughran

Bill,

Schoerters below.

James

Hi James,

Great info. Have you read the link supplied by Bill. It's interesting in places (especailly around Bachand), some of the other stuff is a little convoluted, for my limited knowledge of secret societies anyway .

On the point of Bachand, I also found the likeness to LHO incredible. In fact, easily the best I've seen, in that any cursory glance would lead me to believe I was looking at LHO.

The chronolgy of Bachand's lfe in '63, at relevant times, is filled with strange gaps and raises possibilities. He seems to have went off the radar at the pertinent time in November and a lot of the researchers evidence indicates a faux legend created around him. Your linking him to Cuba is also very interesting. Hunt Jr talking about a French gunman (I know most lean towards a Sarti type) also has raised my interest in the fellow Bachand. I'll copy the relevant portion shortly from the link Bill provided.

I'd, as always, appreciate anything else you can find!!! Is he just a person of interest or a person of interest to the assassination...in your opinion????

Kathy,

Sorry, no other images of Bachand that I can post.

Gary,

I first came across Bachand when I was checking into that peace march in 1963 that began in Quebec and finished in Guantanamo. This was in reference to an alleged incident in Montreal where a man calling himself Lee Harvey Oswald was handing out pro Castro literature. I believe there are several threads regarding this.

Anyway, Gerry Hemming told me straight out that there were two men impersonating Oswald in Canada. One was Ed Collins and the other was a French Canadian who had been recruited by Robert Emmett Johnson. He didn't know his name but I followed this up with associates of Johnson and they speculated it might have been Bachand.

GPH also told me about deals made between the Mounties and the CIA where certain things were 'taken care of'. Collins died in 1964 and Bachand in 1971. I assumed that Gerry was referring to these events.

I do not believe that Bachand was in Dallas on the day but given his alleged connections to REJ, then yes, he is a person of definite interest regarding the assassination. I also suspect that REJ dispatched a French Canadian explosives expert to Dallas who was the one responsible for concocting a car bomb - a dramatic back-up plan that was obviously not required.

I have this man's name and he was also involved in several FLQ attacks and was known to Bachand.

Getting details is difficult here so there are plenty of missing bits which is frustrating to say the least.

FWIW.

James

Kathy,

Sorry, no other images of Bachand that I can post.

Gary,

I first came across Bachand when I was checking into that peace march in 1963 that began in Quebec and finished in Guantanamo. This was in reference to an alleged incident in Montreal where a man calling himself Lee Harvey Oswald was handing out pro Castro literature. I believe there are several threads regarding this.

Anyway, Gerry Hemming told me straight out that there were two men impersonating Oswald in Canada. One was Ed Collins and the other was a French Canadian who had been recruited by Robert Emmett Johnson. He didn't know his name but I followed this up with associates of Johnson and they speculated it might have been Bachand.

GPH also told me about deals made between the Mounties and the CIA where certain things were 'taken care of'. Collins died in 1964 and Bachand in 1971. I assumed that Gerry was referring to these events.

I do not believe that Bachand was in Dallas on the day but given his alleged connections to REJ, then yes, he is a person of definite interest regarding the assassination. I also suspect that REJ dispatched a French Canadian explosives expert to Dallas who was the one responsible for concocting a car bomb - a dramatic back-up plan that was obviously not required.

I have this man's name and he was also involved in several FLQ attacks and was known to Bachand.

Getting details is difficult here so there are plenty of missing bits which is frustrating to say the least.

FWIW.

James

I too am interested in the Canada-Guantanamo march - which included the Oswald sighting in Montreal and stops in New York City, Princeton and Philadelphia, with a rally at Rittenhouse Square where there was another Oswald sighting.

Then of course, there was Oswald's stated intention to relocate to Philadelphia and the four Philadelphia addresses in his little black book.

And there was JFK's motorcade through Philly on a local Democratic fundraiser on October 30, 63.

This story has interesting possible tie ins to the Environmental Tour and Wisconsin connections to the assassination.

Any additional info appreciated.

BK

BK

Hi Bill :

Here is a link you may be interested in.....

On the left....LHO in Montreal.....scroll down..

http://somesecretsforyou.blogspot.com/

For now....

Take care.....

B....

I don't want to come off as being a detractor of Alicia Silverstone, but I will say she didn't do her homework; If she had, she would have mentioned Senator Margaret Chase Smith. Why?

Because in her biography,

No Place For a Woman : A Life of Senator Margaret Chase Smith By Janaan Stewart, Passamaquoddy is mentioned in several places. I have skimmed through it, and cannot offer any validation or otherwise, as to how important all of this is.

I personally did not see any "smoking gun" material in what little I read in Smith's bio, but I am glad this thread was started, if, for no other reason, than the photo's and the other names which came up.....

Last But Not Least; I also take exception to classifying the Knights of Columbus, as a "secret society."

My goodness, get a grip on reality. Any Catholic, old school or progressive, would laugh in your face if someone told them the Knights of Columbus was a secret society. They usually have a weekly "fish-fry" during Lent for God's sakes, that anyone can be invited to attend, including those who think the Catholic Church is the Whore Of Babylon, for that matter.

Keep it real, please.

• 1 month later...
E8FE2B1030C04AFAA5B33DBB4BEAAC6C1.jpg

President Kennedy was not the first Democratic President to look into the geographical region of the Bay of Fundy.

The idea to harvest tidal energy from the Bay of Fundy extends as far back as 1925, when Maine voters approved $100 million to support hydraulic engineer Dexter Cooper's proposed construction of a power plant to reap power from the tides racing through Passamaquoddy Bay on the Maine coast. Around the same time an official feasibility study was begun for construction of an 800-MW tidal power scheme on the Severn estuary in the Bristol Channel. But while the Severn study concluded that the project was technically feasible, it was thought of as economically unsound.

President Franklin D. Roosevelt thought the Passamaquoddy project would make vital contributions to the nation's burgeoning power needs and granted it $10 million of federal funding in 1935. Nevertheless, this project, like many others in the long history of marine energy, never materialized.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa53...s_/ai_n27899389

In 1952 the Senate voted 43-40 against the Seaway, with the opposition bulwarked in the Atlantic and Gulf states and in areas sensitive to railroad and coal interests. But during the last fortnight, the bulwarks began to crack; one Senator after another shifted to support of the Seaway. The Administration appealed to the Republicans on the basis of national security and loyalty to the President. Admiral Arthur Radford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, warned the Senators that the Russians have six times as many submarines as the Germans did in 1939, said supplies of Canadian iron ore in a future war might depend on the Seaway.

Some old-fashioned logrolling also helped. Two days before the vote, Wisconsin's Senator Alexander Wiley, long a Seaway project man, got his Foreign Relations Committee to approve a $3,000,000 survey for the long-dormant Passamaquoddy Tidal Power project on the Maine-New Brunswick border. Coincidental result: Maine's Senators Margaret Chase Smith and Frederick Payne backed the St. Lawrence Seaway. Last month Interior Secretary Douglas McKay came out for the billion-dollar Colorado River Storage project. Coincidental result: the support of Colorado's powerful Eugene Millikin, along with other Senators from the five Colorado Basin states.

From Time Magazine Feb. 1, 1954 Article A Victory For Progress

As someone who is unsure as to whether there is anything significant in this issue, insofar as it relates to Pres. Kennedy's death, I would say that as a hopefully detached observer, that this project was allegedly not very popular in the railroad industry, it would not be a great assumption to say consequently, that any alternative energy project would have been progressive legislation and that the status quo in politics was a very dominant feature in those days, just as it is now, for that matter. So all this may lead somewhere, I have a thread active on lawsuits of the era, if someone can find a connection, I would be glad to look into it.

See

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=8797&st=45

As someone who is unsure as to whether there is anything significant in this issue, insofar as it relates to Pres. Kennedy's death, I would say that as a hopefully detached observer, that this project was allegedly not very popular in the railroad industry, it would not be a great assumption to say consequently, that any alternative energy project would have been progressive legislation and that the status quo in politics was a very dominant feature in those days, just as it is now, for that matter. So all this may lead somewhere, I have a thread active on lawsuits of the era, if someone can find a connection, I would be glad to look into it.

See

Might it also not be popular with the Teamsters ?

See

Point well taken....it probably wasn't, the problem is connecting the allegations with any tangible verification such as a lawsuit involving this issue and/or government officials of that era, still alive, making any statement that would confirm what so far are allegations on a blog, no disrespect intended.

Edited by Robert Howard

• 2 weeks later...

See

Point well taken....it probably wasn't, the problem is connecting the allegations with any tangible verification such as a lawsuit involving this issue and/or government officials of that era, still alive, making any statement that would confirm what so far are allegations on a blog, no disrespect intended.

Some researchers, including myself and Richard Bartholomew have been very interested in Harold L. Ickes and the Roosevelt Era, for various reasons. Recently I discovered that in the book The Secret Diary of Harold Ickes: The First Thousand Days, Ickes goes into considerable detail regarding the Passamaquoddy power project.

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned my skepticism regarding the smoking gun aspects of whether there is anything to this subject, in terms of the allegations; I am changing my stance a little, unfortunately I am not in a position of spending as lot of time researching an area that may or may not be fruitful. This will have to be determined by someone else.

On the other hand.......The references to Passamaquoddy in Icke's book are on pages 189, 333, 513-514, 542-543, 654, 676.

A sampler...

page 189

Wednesday, August 22, 1934

I had a very busy morning on Friday, the seventeenth, because I was taking a train at noon for Maine. In th end I wasn't able to sign all the stuff on my desk but I did pretty well.

I took Raymond with me to Maine, and Major Fleming,[1] of the Engineering Division of the Public Works Adminstration, also went along. The occasion of my going was to look at the Passamaquoddy power project. This project has been pressed upon us by many and the whole state of Maine is very much interested. The plan was developed by Dexter Cooper, an engineer and it involves the use of the tides.......

[1] Major General Philip Philip Bracken Fleming (1887-1955) — also known as Philip B. Fleming — of New Hampshire. Born in Iowa, October 15, 1887. Democrat. Served in the U.S. Army during World War I; general in the U.S. Army during World War II; head of Federal Works Agency and of Federal Maritime Commission; U.S. Ambassador to Costa Rica, 1951-53. Catholic. Irish ancestry. Died, of cancer, in Washington, D.C., October 6, 1955. Interment at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Va.

http://politicalgraveyard.com/geo/IA/catholic.html

As I mentioned earlier in the post I was disappointed in the person who started this topic for not researching Margaret Chase Smith in reference to this subject as she was very much involved in the whole affair, as I understand it.

As a point of reference here is her biography as reprinted from the Biographical Dictionary of Congress.

SMITH, Margaret Chase, (wife of Clyde Harold Smith), a Representative and a Senator from Maine; born Margaret Madeline Chase, December 14, 1897, in Skowhegan, Somerset County, Maine; attended the public schools; taught school in Skowhegan, Maine 1916-1917; business executive for country weekly newspaper and a woolen company 1919-1930; secretary to husband while he was in Congress 1937-1940; lieutenant colonel, Air Force Reserve 1950-1958; elected as a Republican to the Seventy-sixth Congress, by special election, June 3, 1940, to fill the vacancy caused by the death of her husband, Clyde H. Smith; reelected to the four succeeding Congresses and served from June 3, 1940, to January 3, 1949; was not a candidate for reelection but was elected in 1948 to the United States Senate; reelected in 1954, 1960 and 1966 and served January 3, 1949, until January 3, 1973; unsuccessful candidate for reelection in 1972; chairwoman, Special Committee on Rates of Compensation (Eighty-third Congress), Republican Conference (Ninetieth through Ninety-second Congresses), ranking Republican member on Armed Services Committee (Ninetieth through Ninety-second Congresses), ranking Republican member on Aeronautical and Space Sciences Committee (Eighty-eighth through Ninety-first Congresses); first woman to be placed in nomination for the presidency at a major party convention 1964; visiting professor for the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation 1973-1976; awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom on July 6, 1989; was a resident of Skowhegan, Maine, until her death on May 29, 1995; remains were cremated, and ashes placed in the residential wing of the Margaret Chase Smith Library, Skowhegan, Maine.

Bibliography

American National Biography; Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives; Smith, Margaret Chase. Declaration of Conscience. New York: Doubleday, 1972; Sherman, Janann. No Place for a Woman: A Life of Senator Margaret Chase Smith. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press, 2000; Hutchison, Kay Bailey. “Margaret Chase Smith.” In American Heroines: The Spirited Women Who Shaped Our Country. New York: Harper Collins, 2004: 210-243.

http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodi...l?index=S000590

This is by no means any attempt to denigrate the memory of Margaret Chase Smith; she served her country in some fairly profound way's, one of which was by attacking the excesses of the McCarthy Era, at a time when some might argue that it was almost political suicide for a female politician to do so; this information can be verified by the following URL.

http://www.mcslibrary.org/images/pdf/archives.pdf.

But the point of this thread is to provide information on a particular subject in an impartial manner in which nothing is excluded.

Edited by Robert Howard

See

Some researchers, including myself and Richard Bartholomew have been very interested in Harold L. Ickes and the Roosevelt Era, for various reasons. Recently I discovered that in the book The Secret Diary of Harold Ickes: The First Thousand Days, Ickes goes into considerable detail regarding the Passamaquoddy power project.

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned my skepticism regarding the smoking gun aspects of whether there is anything to this subject, in terms of the allegations; I am changing my stance a little, unfortunately I am not in a position of spending as lot of time researching an area that may or may not be fruitful. This will have to be determined by someone else.

On the other hand.......The references to Passamaquoddy in Icke's book are on pages 189, 333, 513-514, 542-543, 654, 676.

A sampler...

page 189

Wednesday, August 22, 1934

I had a very busy morning on Friday, the seventeenth, because I was taking a train at noon for Maine. In th end I wasn't able to sign all the stuff on my desk but I did pretty well.

I took Raymond with me to Maine, and Major Fleming,[1] of the Engineering Division of the Public Works Adminstration, also went along. The occasion of my going was to look at the Passamaquoddy power project. This project has been pressed upon us by many and the whole state of Maine is very much interested. The plan was developed by Dexter Cooper, an engineer and it involves the use of the tides.......

[1] Major General Philip Philip Bracken Fleming (1887-1955) — also known as Philip B. Fleming — of New Hampshire. Born in Iowa, October 15, 1887. Democrat. Served in the U.S. Army during World War I; general in the U.S. Army during World War II; head of Federal Works Agency and of Federal Maritime Commission; U.S. Ambassador to Costa Rica, 1951-53. Catholic. Irish ancestry. Died, of cancer, in Washington, D.C., October 6, 1955. Interment at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Va.

http://politicalgraveyard.com/geo/IA/catholic.html

As I mentioned earlier in the post I was disappointed in the person who started this topic for not researching Margaret Chase Smith in reference to this subject as she was very much involved in the whole affair, as I understand it.

As a point of reference here is her biography as reprinted from the Biographical Dictionary of Congress.

SMITH, Margaret Chase, (wife of Clyde Harold Smith), a Representative and a Senator from Maine; born Margaret Madeline Chase, December 14, 1897, in Skowhegan, Somerset County, Maine; attended the public schools; taught school in Skowhegan, Maine 1916-1917; business executive for country weekly newspaper and a woolen company 1919-1930; secretary to husband while he was in Congress 1937-1940; lieutenant colonel, Air Force Reserve 1950-1958; elected as a Republican to the Seventy-sixth Congress, by special election, June 3, 1940, to fill the vacancy caused by the death of her husband, Clyde H. Smith; reelected to the four succeeding Congresses and served from June 3, 1940, to January 3, 1949; was not a candidate for reelection but was elected in 1948 to the United States Senate; reelected in 1954, 1960 and 1966 and served January 3, 1949, until January 3, 1973; unsuccessful candidate for reelection in 1972; chairwoman, Special Committee on Rates of Compensation (Eighty-third Congress), Republican Conference (Ninetieth through Ninety-second Congresses), ranking Republican member on Armed Services Committee (Ninetieth through Ninety-second Congresses), ranking Republican member on Aeronautical and Space Sciences Committee (Eighty-eighth through Ninety-first Congresses); first woman to be placed in nomination for the presidency at a major party convention 1964; visiting professor for the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation 1973-1976; awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom on July 6, 1989; was a resident of Skowhegan, Maine, until her death on May 29, 1995; remains were cremated, and ashes placed in the residential wing of the Margaret Chase Smith Library, Skowhegan, Maine.

Bibliography

American National Biography; Scribner Encyclopedia of American Lives; Smith, Margaret Chase. Declaration of Conscience. New York: Doubleday, 1972; Sherman, Janann. No Place for a Woman: A Life of Senator Margaret Chase Smith. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press, 2000; Hutchison, Kay Bailey. “Margaret Chase Smith.” In American Heroines: The Spirited Women Who Shaped Our Country. New York: Harper Collins, 2004: 210-243.

http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodi...l?index=S000590

This is by no means any attempt to denigrate the memory of Margaret Chase Smith; she served her country in some fairly profound way's, one of which was by attacking the excesses of the McCarthy Era, at a time when some might argue that it was almost political suicide for a female politician to do so; this information can be verified by the following URL.

http://www.mcslibrary.org/images/pdf/archives.pdf.

But the point of this thread is to provide information on a particular subject in an impartial manner in which nothing is excluded.

Gosh,11 minutes is looong time...(btw Adam. good security system. took a lot to get through, but it's there. (the logs I mean.))

Bill, Once again your posts trigger of a series of thought, tangents, explored and at some point an un-answered question arises. Go get them! I think perhaps that your, dukes, , jacks (yes! he's the devils advocate, he brings the level of the discussion which ensues generates a hell of a lot learning and sharing. a triggerman. a good teatcher. though I do find his methods at times a bit amusing.) Sorry Jack. No personal offence meant., john's' of course, a, multitude that at this moment happens to interfer with a dvd viewing that has an interesting sound track, woulld like to get back to it, ( no, it's not' it's "kiss of the vampire" (google and then shut up)).

Anyway back at the ranch, Wow Kathy you're way off. don't go there. A distracting comedeienne or a serious seeker of the truth that one early comes up against in this investigation, after groping your way the last undergrowth of the narrowing track there's a rusty old gate bollted, and a sign beyond which is a hazy open valley, the sign says thus far and no further. tresspassers will be shot. somwhere in the mist is a nice house with a happy little gathering. "i shouted out, who killed the kennedy's (btw the songs original line was changed from who killed kennedy) when after all it was you and me'. Let me rephrase that, my suggestion that you think long and hard before climbing the gate.James the french in , what was it? montreal methinks, had a very powerful right wing that battled kennedy. Ditto Gary. James why the hell do you keep looking the wrong way, (talk about a guy in the right place but the wrong guy!) sheesh.

Right on Bill, most eloquent. And then of course there's the ever gratitude deserving graceful Bernice, God Bless You.

And my perennial favourite : Robert.

It's not signed, Bill. But the content refers to capital-labor status qou that had been in place since the thirties. Look at the Hoover Boulder Hoover Dam for example from the perspective of say the wobblies? Yes Gil, unfotunately it does.

My stance is very fluid. No Doubt.