The Education Forum

Orlando Letelier assassination

Wim Dankbaar

I believe it will be enlightening to take a closer look at this assassination, especially in light of the JFK assassination.

Let me just kick off with this :

James Buckley also played a role in arranging the assassination of the Chilean Ambassador to the United States, Orlando Leteiler, in 1976. A week before the killing, he met with CIA-backed Chilean secret police assassins Michael Townley and Guillermo Novo in his New York office. When CIA agent David Atlee Phillips was implicated in this murder of this foreign diplomat on US soil, James Buckley sat on the Board of Directors for his defense fund.

http://www.originaldissent.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803

Okay, I am somewhat amazed that nobody responded thusfar to this thread.

Meanwhile I have learned from a credible researcher that James Files WAS questioned by the FBI concerning this case, but that the FBI dismissed him as "non credible". I wonder: How can you dismiss someone as "non credible" if he refused to answer any questions?

Wim

Meanwhile I have learned from a credible researcher that James Files WAS questioned by the FBI concerning this case, but that the FBI dismissed him as "non credible". I wonder: How can you dismiss someone as "non credible" if he refused to answer any questions?

Wim

Besides involving some of the same people and covert operational techniques, the Orlando Letelier assassination provides a very detailed blueprint of how such an a political assassination is run through the US Judicial system. As was pointed out a the Wecht conference, this system is not concerned as much with Justice as it is with due process. The process - applied by dedicated and determined assistant prosecutors and a special federal grand jury, resulted with indictments and trial.

You can study the Letelier assassintion in order to understand process and move the JKF assassination into the legal realm, but not to prove James Files credible.

BK

Bill, let's see, we have a political assassination, David Atlee Phillips, who was charged but the FBI said was not involved, and a guy that (later) said he was involved but was certified "non credibile" by the FBI about his involvement, although he didn't say anything.

Deja vu?

I guess the only credibility comes from the FBI who said that Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy....... alone.

Wim

Wim

Besides involving some of the same people and covert operational techniques, the Orlando Letelier assassination provides a very detailed blueprint of how such an a political assassination is run through the US Judicial system. As was pointed out a the Wecht conference, this system is not concerned as much with Justice as it is with due process. The process - applied by dedicated and determined assistant prosecutors and a special federal grand jury, resulted with indictments and trial.

You can study the Letelier assassintion in order to understand process and move the JKF assassination into the legal realm, but not to prove James Files credible.

BK

If anyone wants to read James Files’ comments regarding the Chile CIA sponsored coup and the subsequent Letelier assassination, just email me a request and I can send our book To Kill A Country in PDF.

Needless to say, "James Files credibility" has been severely damaged by the likes of Bob Vernon and Wim Dankbaar. I asked James Files, years ago…how can liars help promote the truth?

Pam, how can you say that? You have the floor for truth promotion. Please start with how Jimmy put a pea in Rose's head and ran over her skull. The red Chevy, was that the same one as the one Jimmy used in Dallas? I guess Rose was a "piece of trash" that didn't want to tell the truth like you do? It was God's will that you would tell it, 40 years later, right? Why don't you "come clean" with your truth promotion? Why so shy on being a blabbermouth on that? And how about a PDF on the Raven? Can you send that too? Or do we have to wait for the 30 minutes interview? Pam, You're killing us with the suspense. :hotorwot

Wim

I believe it will be enlightening to take a closer look at this assassination, especially in light of the JFK assassination.

Let me just kick off with this :

James Buckley also played a role in arranging the assassination of the Chilean Ambassador to the United States, Orlando Leteiler, in 1976. A week before the killing, he met with CIA-backed Chilean secret police assassins Michael Townley and Guillermo Novo in his New York office. When CIA agent David Atlee Phillips was implicated in this murder of this foreign diplomat on US soil, James Buckley sat on the Board of Directors for his defense fund.

http://www.originaldissent.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803

This case has been discussed at length on threads such as those on Michael Townley, Ronnie Moffitt and Augusto Pinochet.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7821

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7858

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8813

Bill, let's see, we have a political assassination, David Atlee Phillips, who was charged but the FBI said was not involved, and a guy that (later) said he was involved but was certified "non credibile" by the FBI about his involvement, although he didn't say anything.

Deja vu?

I guess the only credibility comes from the FBI who said that Lee Harvey Oswald killed Kennedy....... alone.

Wim

When you say DAP "was charged" with the Leteiler assassination, do you mean that he was indicted for the murder?

If so, what became of the indictment?

If not, what do you mean?

Thanks.

Chris

DAP was not indicted, but publicly accused of involvement.

Wim

Current Board of Directors

Our History

During the 1970s the Intelligence Community was buffeted by a number of leaks and revelations, culminating in the Church and Pike Congressional investigations. CIA officer David Atlee Phillips took early retirement in 1975 to respond to the growing sentiment that the CIA was a “rogue elephant.” As part of this effort, Phillips founded this organization, known then as the Association of Retired Intelligence Officers (ARIO). Although much attacked at the time when many people called for the dismantlement of the CIA, Phillips toured the world to speak out in favor of the need for a strong intelligence community. He was subsequently personally accused of being a participant in the Kennedy and Letelier assassinations. He successfully sued several publications for libel, retractions were issued and monetary damages awarded. Phillips donated some of these proceeds to ARIO for the purpose of creating a legal defense fund for American intelligence officers who felt they were the victims of libel. This defense focus was later moved to a separate group called Charter, which disbanded in the early 1980s, and AFIO's focus narrowed to public education within its 501©3 charter.

http://www.afio.com/01_about.htm