The Education Forum

New and improved Mount Hadley thread

Jack White

The old thread on Mt. Hadley has too many problems to continue.

Here is a new and improved study which will be posted at my Aulis

website. Also in the works is a VIRTUAL REALITY scale model of

Mt. Hadley which will show that the Apollo photos show a completely

different moon mountain than reality.

Jack

Here is a topographic map of the Apollo 15 landing area.

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a15/LTO41B4S1(50)sm.jpg

Where are the "jagged mountains"? Can you show any maps that clearly show "jagged mountains"? How about the SELENE images from JAXA, a non-NASA source? Clear evidence of "jagged mountains" please, because like most people, I have no faith in your ability as a photo analyst... especially when we are talking about analysis of lunar topography.

BTW - I wouldn't use the word "striation":

Geology. any of a number of scratches or parallel grooves on the surface of a rock, resulting from the action of moving ice, as of a glacier.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=striation

I WOULD use the word STRIATION:

Main definition:

stripes of contrasting color

Synonyms:

band, bar, belt, bezel, chamfer, chase, chink, corrugation, crack, cranny, craze, cross-hatching, cut, dado, dash, delineation, diagonal, dotted line, engraving, flute, fluting, furrow, gash, gouge, groove, hachure, hairline, hatching, incision, line, lineation, list, microgroove, rabbet, rifling, ruck, rut, score, scratch, slash, slit, streak, streaking, stria, striature, striga, striola, strip, stripe, striping, stroke, sublineation, sulcation, sulcus, underline, underlining, underscore, underscoring, virgule, well-worn groove, wrinkle

Here is a topographic map of the Apollo 15 landing area.

http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a15/LTO41B4S1(50)sm.jpg

Where are the "jagged mountains"? Can you show any maps that clearly show "jagged mountains"? How about the SELENE images from JAXA, a non-NASA source? Clear evidence of "jagged mountains" please, because like most people, I have no faith in your ability as a photo analyst... especially when we are talking about analysis of lunar topography.

BTW - I wouldn't use the word "striation":

Geology. any of a number of scratches or parallel grooves on the surface of a rock, resulting from the action of moving ice, as of a glacier.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=striation

Here is an aerial view of the JAGGED Mount Hadley and its JAGGED shadow.

Edited by Jack White

I asked for clear evidence, because you have once again shown your inability in this area. Here is a clue:

Jack - what scale is the orbital image you have shown?

Edited by Evan Burton

Irrelevant obfuscation non sequitur will fool only the unwary.

Asking about scale is meaningless. Why assume this is an

orbital photo? I have the same image from an earth telescope

and an orbital photo.

Jack

My Apollo website receives lots of positive fan mail, unlike the tedious scoffings of Burton.

This study was prompted by receipt of an email for a German amateur astronomer, who

takes closeup photos of the moon. He sent a photo of the Mount Hadley area, telling us

that HIS photo of the area showed a completely different version of the moon mountain

than seen on my website, and wondering whether I had done a study of aerial photos.

I had not, but replied that I would. What I posted here is the result of an email from a

German astronomer's inquiry. His email was forwarded to me by a British math professor,

who had noted the same discrepancy.

Jack

The old thread on Mt. Hadley has too many problems to continue.

In other words Jack made so many blatant errors that his credibility was called into question, thus he started a new thread hoping people would forget about or not notice them.

Here is a new and improved study which will be posted at my Aulis

website. Also in the works is a VIRTUAL REALITY scale model of

Mt. Hadley which will show that the Apollo photos show a completely

different moon mountain than reality.

This is quite bizarre, comparing the mountain’s horizontal and vertical profiles and complaining about a supposed discrepancy.

Edited by Len Colby

Irrelevant obfuscation non sequitur will fool only the unwary.

Asking about scale is meaningless. Why assume this is an

orbital photo? I have the same image from an earth telescope

and an orbital photo.

Jack

You are really demonstrating your inability here, Jack. Come on - think through it. You are talking about "jagged mountains" (which means vertical relief), and to prove it you are using a map (overhead) projection. Your "proof" consists of shadows, marked by coloured lines. You are using the shadows to indicate vertical relief.

What thickness are those lines in full scale, Jack? 1 foot? 100 foot? 1 mile? 5 miles?

What scale is the image? Do you even know?

If we refer to the map I previously provided, we have contour lines with vertical relief marked.

Show me the "jagged mountains" on the map.

Are you going to show the "jagged mountains", or are you going to do another of your drive-by Apollo postings?

I'll prepare a diagramme showing the vertical relief, and we can see if there are any "jagged mountains". If anyone else would like to do the same, we can compare results. It will keep me honest, eh?