The Education Forum

Tina Towner

Question 1.

These 2 frames are taken from slightly different positions. Using the sidewalk sign post (LOS with the crosswalk) and the County Records Building window

as registration targets, can one conclude (from Tina Towner's frame) the limo started it's turn toward Elm St. about where the crosswalk begins?

chris

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question 2

Would this composite be a good representation of Tina Towner's position as she filmed the limo turning onto Elm St?

The red lines that extend from Tina represent her "Field of View", which would match her first frame provided in the previous post.

chris

Jack,

I'll have to reserve comment on Z's line of sight to the Towner's for now.

I'm geared more towards a timing issue.

This next composite positions the limo from the SS recreation to where it appears in Towner's first frame(see 1st posting).

Notice the timer at the bottom which shows 2:09

This is actually 2:09.16 into the SS recreation.

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

Finally,

The TEXT is from Myer's work.

If you compare the SS limo's starting point (relevant to where I placed it in the previous composite) at 2:09.16 and run it for 7 seconds to 2:16.16, this is where it ends.

Use the lane markers as a comparison/measuring tool (red arrows) between the SS frame and Towner's last frame

According to Myer's, Towner filmed at 23.3/24 FPS for 160 + (8 missing frames) frames which is 7 seconds.

The Towner frame in this composite is the last frame (#160).

Towner's camera does not have a setting for 24 FPS.

It does have a slow motion setting for 48 FPS.

I own this camera model.

It films at 16 to 18 FPS in multiple tests I have run using "Normal" mode

16 FPS x 10 seconds = 160 frames

18 FPS x 8.88 seconds = 160 frames

Question 3

Where is the missing time?

chris

So 8 frames are missing starting at 84....I have a feeling Chris is going to show us where the limo was at during those missing frames. This is getting good, I was wondering where you were going with this and now I think I see.

Towner could not have shot at 24 frames a second because the camera doesn't have that speed setting, correct?

Only slow = 48fps, or normal = 16-18fps, yet we have some speed in between. :box

So the film was "adjusted" to fit with the other films by manipulating it, and that was done by removing 8 frames, correct?

Continue please!

I beleive i can see Tina and Jim Towner in this Z-frame.

They are standing just to the right of Railway Man.

Correct. I knew that. I meant that you should see them when they step into the street taking pictures.

Show them to me when they step northward into the street.

Thanks.

Jack

So 8 frames are missing starting at 84....I have a feeling Chris is going to show us where the limo was at during those missing frames. This is getting good, I was wondering where you were going with this and now I think I see.

Towner could not have shot at 24 frames a second because the camera doesn't have that speed setting, correct?

Only slow = 48fps, or normal = 16-18fps, yet we have some speed in between. :box

So the film was "adjusted" to fit with the other films by manipulating it, and that was done by removing 8 frames, correct?

Continue please!

One explanation for the missing "time" might be the path traveled making the turn.

Sharper turn "less time", Wider turn "more time".

chris

I beleive i can see Tina and Jim Towner in this Z-frame.

They are standing just to the right of Railway Man.

Correct. I knew that. I meant that you should see them when they step into the street taking pictures.

Show them to me when they step northward into the street.

Thanks.

Jack

Here is what I mean:

post-667-1228163264_thumb.jpg