The Education Forum

Lamar Waldron: Legacy of Secrecy

John Simkin

And the French Connection was not a Marcello/Traficante operation. The drugs that came in to New Orleans and Tampa were from South America, while the French Connection herion went to New York, Boston and Canada.

BK

Santo Trafficante Sr. and Jr. were working with the Corsicans to finance some of the drug shipments through New York as far back as the 1940s. Drugs coming through Tampa , certainly in the early part of the 20th centruy, were primarily funneled through Cuba as they came from South America, or through part of the French Connection.

The New York families, especially the Bonnao and Genovese were heavily into that connection, as were the Cotronis out of Canada.

I never saw much indication that the Patriarcas were involved in the Boston heroin business, certainly not the Irish gangs of Beantown. I might look more into that angle.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan Almeida, a Cuban revolutionary leader, passed away Friday, September 11.

Almeida was described as a back channel to the Kennedys, in Lamar Waldron and Thomas Hartmann's books Ultimate Sacrifice and Legacy of Secrecy.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/09/...nary/index.html

- Steve

Thanks for that Steve,

And they don't even mention Waldron's allegations that Almeida was to lead a coup and assassination attempt against Castro on December 1, 1963, but the plan was cut short because the Mafia hijacked the plot and shifted it to Dealey Plaza.

If Almeida wasn't really double-crossing Castro, who was he double-crossing?

We haven't heard from Lamar in while, at least since the document appeared that indicates Almeida was in Africa at the time and was in no position to lead a coup in Cuba.

I'm also interested in Thom Hartmann's use of the White Rose Society backstop, and its Nazi and Cuban connections.

BK

• 1 month later...

On the JFK Lancer Forum there is a thoughtful discussion of Juan Almeida's recent death, with Larry Hancock, among others.

Linked at: http://www.jfklancerforum.com/dc/dcboard.p...6&mode=full

Larry propounds a few interesting ideas of what the JMWAVE report of November 28, 1963 could mean in the context of Lamar Waldron and Thomas Hartmann's theory of a December 1, 1963 plan for a coup in Cuba under the codename AMWORLD, as discussed in Legacy of Secrecy and Ultimate Sacrifice.

Bill Kelly, do you have a link to the November 28, 1963 JMWAVE document on MaryFerrell.org? Thanks.

Steve

• 7 months later...

Revisiting the Underworld

By TOM GERMOND

Largo Leader

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Scott Deitche discusses mob activities in Tampa with the Largo Area Historical Society

Author explores theories about mobster’s alleged role in Kennedy’s shooting

LARGO – The author of several books on organized crime said there’s “a real possibility” that mobster Santo Trafficante Jr. was involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Speaking to the Largo Area Historical Society May 10 at the Largo Cultural Center, Scott Deitche said in his second book, “The Silent Don,” he lays out what he thinks is some “pretty interesting circumstantial evidence.”

Trafficante, who was born in Tampa and was the son of Sicilian-born mobster Santo Trafficante Sr., was one of the last of the Mafia bosses in the United States. He allegedly controlled organized criminal operations in Florida and Cuba.

Deitche said he has been asked about the association between Trafficante and the Kennedy assassination.

“I don’t think you are ever going to find a smoking gun as to exactly was there a conspiracy or was there not a conspiracy.”

He said Trafficante Jr. had a lot of interesting relationships with key CIA officials “as well as people that were implicated in attempting to kill the president” when he was here in Tampa shortly before he was killed in Dallas, he said.

“So there is a lot of real interest......

Full article: http://www.tbnweekly.com/pubs/largo_leader...1910_lle-05.txt

It is interesting the way the media treats Mafia assassination theories compared to those that involve the CIA.

]

Hey, it's great for book sales. :lol:

Hey Scott,

What do you think of the thesis that the mafia - Roselli/Giancana/Traficante/Marcello mob were behind Dealey Plaza?

And then what do you think of the (Waldron?) thesis that these mafia mobsters hijacked a plot to kill Castro that JFK/RFK had devised?

As somone knowledge about the mob in Florida, you're opinion weighs more.

Thanks,

Bill Kelly

I have not had a chance to read Legacy yet.

I like the old school , 1"f" in Trafficante. The familial surname of Traficante in Sicily was changed to Trafficante after Santo Sr. emigrated to Florida through Ellis Island. Probably a slip of paperwork, but it stuck.

I think there is certainly very many circumstantial pieces of evidence linking Marcello and Trafficante to Dealey's events. Problem is that everyone was playing together in the same sandbox and the dirt gets spread around. For me the complete invovlement of the Mafia does not account for enough of the plan to make it viable. Rather the Mafia's involvement as a subconsultant is more feasible IMO. Marcello, Trafficante, and Roselli were certainly in position to supply men (Santo had a virtual Cuban Mafia with him Miami full of refugee crime bosses from Havana), money, and connections.

Trafficante was certainly happy about Kenendy's death as I spoke to eyewitnesses who saw him toasting the death many times the weeks after.

Also, on a earlier post about Ralph Slaerno saying FBI wiretaps would have picked up any Mafia chatter- wiretaps were far from ubiquitous in 1962/63. Tampa had a few to none- there is no record of any wiretap of Trafficante from any where near that time period that I have found. I do not know enough about Marcello to make that same assertion for New Orleans.