The Education Forum

I'm Baaaaaaaaaack!

Sorry to have "dropped out" for so long, folks. First, due to federal budgetary cutbacks, I lost my job as an in-house security guard at a world famous scientific institute in San Diego, then on September 22 my adoptive father (friend of "Brute" Krulak) passed away, and THEN three weeks later my '85 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel with only 170K miles was literally "nailed by a narcoleptic" while I was waiting at a red light. Got another job (this time as an armed security guard), finally settled with the insurance company and bought a nice used Camry with a five-speed manual transmission! Still grieving over my Dad, however. Thus the copious amounts of cheap red burgundy and all the Pall Malls....

"Back in the saddle again,"

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

Sorry to have "dropped out" for so long, folks. First, due to federal budgetary cutbacks, I lost my job as an in-house security guard at a world famous scientific institute in San Diego, then on September 22 my adoptive father (friend of "Brute" Krulak) passed away, and THEN three weeks later my '85 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel with only 170K miles was literally "nailed by a narcoleptic" while I was waiting at a red light. Got another job (this time as an armed security guard), finally settled with the insurance company and bought a nice used Camry with a five-speed manual transmission! Still grieving over my Dad, however. Thus the copious amounts of cheap red burgundy and all the Pall Malls....

--Thomas

By the way, an old friend of David Ferrie "from 1960 until David's death" called me a couple of days ago to clarify something. For real. He was very polite and even laughed at some of my jokes. He's presently trying to become a member of the Forum. Told me to call him anytime I want to ask him a question. Talk about being "connected!" B)

Edited by Thomas Graves

If you are still in San Diego, the Frogs will be there for the Poinsettia Bowl. Go if you can and see some really good football.

Jack

Hey Jack,

I was thinking of asking you if you're coming out here for the game. We could go together and I'll even let you sleep on my floor (as I do for my back and to avoid the bullets). LOL? Heck, I might even vacuum the "carpet" area under your sleeping bag. lol If you're a nonsmoker, I could absolutely and most definitetly abstain while you're here. (Well, maybe.) The 35 - 10 loss to the Sooners doesn't look so bad now that those jerks had to go and run up the score so darn high against their last five opponents, does it?

Purple Haze, Baby!

--Thomas

PS It will be interesting to see if anyone on this occasionally-brutal forum offers me condolences on the passing away of my Dad. PM's are welcome.

Edited by Thomas Graves

If you are still in San Diego, the Frogs will be there for the Poinsettia Bowl. Go if you can and see some really good football.

Jack

Hey Jack,

I was thinking of asking you if you're coming out here for the game. We could go together and I'll even let you sleep on my floor (as I do for my back and to avoid the bullets). LOL? Heck, I might even vacuum the "carpet" area under your sleeping bag. lol If you're a nonsmoker, I could absolutely and most definitetly abstain while you're here. (Well, maybe.) The 35 - 10 loss to the Sooners doesn't look so bad now that those jerks had to go and run up the score so darn high against their last five opponents, does it?

Purple Haze, Baby!

--Thomas

Mark Haley is a compassionate man, and for that I give him a five-star rating. Not to mention his excellent syntax and grammar. Thanks Mark.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else on this occasionally-brutal speck on the virtual space-time continuum offers me condolences on the passing away of my Dad. But I rather doubt it. PM's still welcome. Sorry to sound so angry, but I think some of you understand where I'm coming from. You should see me drive. lol Beats beating people up. And if you just don't care. well....... At least I have the consolation of knowing that I told my Dad several times that I loved him and thanked him for adopting me at four months of age. I was a lot more vulnerable then, I think. B)

Edited by Thomas Graves

Jack

Hey Jack,

Purple Haze, Baby!

--Thomas

PS It will be interesting to see if anyone on this occasionally-brutal forum offers me condolences on the passing away of my Dad. PM's are welcome.

Sincere sympathy regarding your dad! No, can't make the trip. One trip every two years is our

limit, and we went to Las Vegas back in March for the MWC basketball tournament. We can

see it better anyway on our big new HD TV. With the Sooners number one, losing to them

by the least margin of any opponent is quite noteworthy.

LaDanien has been doing promotions for the game and will likely be there since the game is an

unlikely conflict with the Chargers I think. He has been a big help with our recruiting.

Go Frogs.

Jack

Jack

Hey Jack,

Purple Haze, Baby!

--Thomas

Sincere sympathy regarding your dad! No, can't make the trip. One trip every two years is our

limit, and we went to Las Vegas back in March for the MWC basketball tournament. We can

see it better anyway on our big new HD TV. With the Sooners number one, losing to them

LaDanien has been doing promotions for the game and will likely be there since the game is an

unlikely conflict with the Chargers I think. He has been a big help with our recruiting.

Go Frogs.

Jack

_____________________________________________________-

Thanks Jack . I'm crying as i type this. Your respose hit me hard.

go frogs

Guest Stephen Turner

Jack

Hey Jack,

Purple Haze, Baby!

--Thomas

Go Frogs.

Jack

_____________________________________________________-

Thanks Jack . I'm crying as i type this. Your respose hit me hard.

go frogs

Thomas, sorry to hear about your sad loss, please except my condolences. Steve.

--Thomas

sorry to hear about your Dad, Tom. Not to mention the 'other' losses. Bunches, they only come in bunches! As far as the burgundy goes, anything other than Ernest and Julio GALLO will do!

Take care,

DHealy

Edited by David G. Healy

--Thomas

By the way, an old friend of David Ferrie "from 1960 until David's death" called me a couple of days ago to clarify something. For real. He was very polite and even laughed at some of my jokes. He's presently trying to become a member of the Forum. Told me to call him anytime I want to ask him a question. Talk about being "connected!" :)

Just found out from A.B. himself that he's "in." Hopefully well can all be civil towards him if and when he starts posting. Please?

--Thomas

By the way, an old friend of David Ferrie "from 1960 until David's death" called me a couple of days ago to clarify something. For real. He was very polite and even laughed at some of my jokes. He's presently trying to become a member of the Forum. Told me to call him anytime I want to ask him a question. Talk about being "connected!" :)

Just found out from A.B. himself that he's "in." Hopefully well can all be civil towards him if and when he starts posting. Please?

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Tom. Not to mention the 'other' losses. Bunches, they only come in bunches! As far as the burgundy goes, anything other than Ernest and Julio GALLO will do!

Take care,

DHealy

Thanks David. Much appreciated. Enjoyed the "Gallo humor," too! I'm a Carlo Rossi man, myself. $7.99/gallon at Vons :)

--Thomas

By the way, an old friend of David Ferrie "from 1960 until David's death" called me a couple of days ago to clarify something. For real. He was very polite and even laughed at some of my jokes. He's presently trying to become a member of the Forum. Told me to call him anytime I want to ask him a question. Talk about being "connected!" :D

Al Beaubouef called me about an hour ago. We had in interesting conversation about "the various and sundry." I helped him learn how to navigate the forum including how to reply to a post, how to start a new topic, how to view a member's profile, etc. Thomas H Purvis was online for awhile, so, for teaching purposes, I had Al go and view Tom's profile, with the "inducement" that Tom's a good ol' Southern boy himself! :)