The Education Forum

"THE WARREN REPORT" (1964 CBS-TV NEWS SPECIAL)

I found this on YouTube today. It's a 17 part series and has interviews with many interesting witnesses (eg McWatters, Whalley, Truly, Linnie May Randall, Norman Givens and Jarman) and reinactments done in 1964. I think it aired the night the WR was released to the public.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=E1hgrIJufNA

That is the link to part 1.

I found Brewer's performance in a live interview in the shoe store less than convincing. (I think it is part 16 or 17)

I found this on YouTube today. It's a 17 part series and has interviews with many interesting witnesses (eg McWatters, Whalley, Truly, Linnie May Randall, Norman Givens and Jarman) and reinactments done in 1964. I think it aired the night the WR was released to the public.

I found Brewer's performance in a live interview in the shoe store less than convincing. (I think it is part 16 or 17)

Thank you for posting this. There are never too many videos from this time period; some would argue that the intrigues surrounding the making of the CBS Warren Report, would not exactly be dull reading if someone were to write a book about it. I know of several forum members that could vouch for this. Specifically, there were family members of prominent Warren Commission related persons, involved in shifting the focus away from areas that pursued conspiratorial overtones.

Thank you for posting this. There are never too many videos from this time period; some would argue that the intrigues surrounding the making of the CBS Warren Report, would not exactly be dull reading if someone were to write a book about it. I know of several forum members that could vouch for this. Specifically, there were family members of prominent Warren Commission related persons, involved in shifting the focus away from areas that pursued conspiratorial overtones.

McCloy was secretly advising the producers of the 67 CBS special defending the Warren Report. The 64 special is also interesting, but for different reasons. Brennan...the WC's "star" witness, destroys his credibility, if I recall, by indicating he saw the bullet strike Kennedy in the head. This was in opposition to his sworn testimony but a few months before. The 64 special also spends some time demonstrating that Oswald was skilled with a rifle, and had been practicing around Dallas. Half-way through the program, however, the official report was released. Cronkite reads from the report, if I recall, but I'm pretty sure he fails to mention that--oops, oh yeah, the Commission determined that all those testifying to Oswald's presence at a gun range were full of beans.

• 3 weeks later...

McCloy was secretly advising the producers of the 67 CBS special defending the Warren Report. The 64 special is also interesting, but for different reasons. Brennan...the WC's "star" witness, destroys his credibility, if I recall, by indicating he saw the bullet strike Kennedy in the head. This was in opposition to his sworn testimony but a few months before. The 64 special also spends some time demonstrating that Oswald was skilled with a rifle, and had been practicing around Dallas. Half-way through the program, however, the official report was released. Cronkite reads from the report, if I recall, but I'm pretty sure he fails to mention that--oops, oh yeah, the Commission determined that all those testifying to Oswald's presence at a gun range were full of beans.

This thread definitely deserves a bump in my humble opinion. LOL

--Thomas