The Education Forum

George de Mohrenschildt and George H. W. Bush

John Simkin

Is it only a coincidence that CIA's Anikeeff arranged for de Mohrenschildt and Clemard Joseph Charles to meet with Clairborne Pell, a cousin of CIA "asset" Tom Devine's (aka Wubriny-1) financial firm partner, John Train? Claiborne Pell and Train were also cousins of the wife of one of the seven WC commissioners, Hale Boggs.

So how do you think Claiborne Pell fits into this entire JFK conundrum? Was he a deliberate and witting participant in the cover-up

or was he somehow involved in joining in with the likes of J. Strom Thurmond, John Tower, Barry Goldwater, Jesse Helms, James Eastland, et al in the actual plot to kill JFK? You are obviously implying that Senator Pell was involved somehow in this entire plot

in some sort of nefarious, fully complicit and/or conspiratorial manner. Would you care to elaborate? This should be rich if you have

the guts to respond. How does Pell's wife's relationship to Hale Boggs figure into this entire picture? Are you implying that she used

her influence to get Boggs to do something illegal or immoral or unethical or that her familial relationship to a member of the Warren

Commission somehow taints her with guilt by association? Tom, you are stooping pretty low here, I hope you realize this. Do you know how close the Pells were (and still are) to the Kennedys and how physically and emotionally distraught they were about his death? Do you know about the Bouvier and the Auchincloss families from Rhode Island and how close Jackie was to George deMohrenshildt as a child? She used to call him "Uncle George", in fact while bouncing on his knee in Newport. Can you be totally oblivious to how preposterous your statements and your implied claims actually are? Do you know how distraught George was about how how his association with Oswald made him look like an insensitive, callous and vindictive agent contributing indirectly or directly to the misery and suffering of Jackie Kennedy? And you call this "research?" I call this clueless, feckless, careless and callous beyond belief. You gotta get out of the house more, dude.

You should also recall that both the Auchinclosses and the Bouviers lived in Newport, RI as nearby neighbors to Senator Pell even if only for the summertime and that George deMohrenschildt knew the French Bouviers very, very well. A young Jackie "Bouvier" Kennedy used to bounce on George's knee as a child and called him "Uncle George" as well. Personally I think that George was quite despondent about any role he may have inadvertently or semi-deliberately played, either by contributing to or causing the death of President Kennedy.

You should also recall that George had once applied to get into the OSS, but was turned down flat. Why would the CIA let him in later then? And Charles Higham in American Swastika, once stated that Anastase Vonsiatsky living in nearby Putnam/Thompson Connecticut ran "every single White Russian spy in North America" and that would include George de Mohreschildt himself, since he obviously was outed as a "Nazi spy" by 2 different countries in his lifetime sketching military installations or other important targets.

His cousin Baron Constantine (?) de Maydell was also outed as a Nazi spy during World War II. So George's role with Oswald was probably as a baby sitter and controller of Oswald not knowing that he would be arrested as the "patsy" or as the programmed assassin who could not shoot very well when not programmed.

So let's just agree that de Mohrenschildt was Jackie's friend from her childhood, and that he reported to Anastase Vonsiatsky whose headquarters were in Harbin, Manchuria (Manchuoko) where George's first wife Jean or Jeanne was BORN. Vonsiatsky was THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, according to Richard Condon because Vonsiatsky's techniques and those of his Pavlovian friends were used to train the Japanese Kamikaze Pilots in Harbin while he was sitting in jail in Springfield, Missouri.

George as a White Russian Fascist certainly wanted the Iron Curtain to come down but NOT at the expense of Jackie's grief and sorrow and NOT at the expense of the death of JFK. Through Pell and the Bouviers George may have even come to know or to meet JFK during one of his visits to Newport.

Now how close do you think you are to the TRUTH about de Mohrenschildt and his role with Oswald and how close were you to figuring out WHO HIS BOSS AND FEARLESS LEADER ACTUALLY WAS? Not very is my guess.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John,

Do you have any awareness of "Vala" Valentina Osterman(n) ? I've posted references to her in the "Patrick Hoy" thread:

Not before this. But she certainly fits the profile of hanging with the crowd who worked the hardest to kill JFK.

On 5th September, 1976, George de Mohrenschildt wrote the following letter to George H. W. Bush:

Dear George,

You will excuse this hand-written letter. Maybe you will be able to bring a solution to the hopeless situation I find myself in.

My wife and I find ourselves surrounded by some vigilantes; our phone bugged; and we are being followed everywhere. Either FBI is involved in this or they do not want to accept my complaints. We are driven to insanity by the situation.

I have been behaving like a damn fool ever since my daughter Nadya died from (cystic fibrosis) over three years ago. I tried to write, stupidly and unsuccessfully, about Lee H Oswald and must have angered a lot of people I do not know. But to punish an elderly man like myself and my highly nervous and sick wife is really too much.

Could you do something to remove the net around us? This will be my last request for help and I will not annoy you any more.

Good luck in your important job.

Thank you so much.

George de Mohrenschildt

Several questions are raised by this letter:

1. Who had he been talking to about Oswald?

2. What had he been saying?

3. Why should he contact the director of the CIA about this?

Technically by 1976 George Bush was only the FORMER CIA director. He took over the role of U.S. Ambassador

to the United Nations in perhaps the 1972-73 timeframe after Nixon became President from my uncle Charles W. Yost and held that job until the Carter Administration took over after the 1976 election and appointed someone else for the role of both

Ambassador to the U.N. and the role of CIA Director.

My uncle did tell me that "there is much more than meets the eye about the history of this George Bush fellow." He also told

me that George Bush was busy inserting former Nazi sympathizers like Haldemann and Ehrlichman and others into the Nixon

Presidential advisor group and that my uncle was very concerned that we would be taking a turn to the Far Right in this country very, very soon. He also told me that Bush would be President by the 1980's sometime, for certain. I was shocked and amazed as his

prognostications came true one by one. Charles W. Yost was very well connected to what was going on and like Condon could do

little to stop the right wing snowball from reaching the bottom of the hill. Now it is our job to melt it down to size.

• 8 months later...
Guest Tom Scully

I am replying to Linda's post on the other George HW Bush thread here, because there is more background info on Edward G. Hooker on other pages of this thread than there is on the other Bush thread.

Recently I discovered that the CIA's Carleton W. Alsop (no relation to the Alsop brothers of Avon, Ct.), was married twice to Edward Gordon Hooker's aunt, Rosalie. (Info in Linda's post, linked above.) From about 1954 until his death in 1979, Carleton Alsop was married to Augusta E. Hahl Church, widow of George Myers Church, grandson and heir to the tobacco fortune of Ligget & Myers co-founder, George S. Myers of St. Louis. Augusta and George adopted a daughter, Louisa Jane Church, sometime before George Myers Church's death in 1946.

George Myers Church was a WWI flyer and after the war, he stayed in Texas where he was based and brought in an extemely long lived and high volume oil strike in Crane Cty, TX, which his partnership, Church & Fields, quickly sold to Magnolia Oil.

Augusta Hahl Church Alsop had a very close relationship with a Louisville, KY woman, (In 1905, she was Mrs. Elizabeth Wymond Young, at the time of her marriage to John Francis Judge.) Mrs. Charles Walker Clark. Circa 1948, Mrs. Clark's son, Gilbert Wyman Judge, married Augusta's adopted daughter, Louisa Jane, and the couple later had two children. Mrs. Clark inherited her third husband's entire estate. He was described as the son of possibly the wealthiest man in the U.S. His half sister, 104 years old Huguette Clark, it is reported this weekend, has emerged from decades of seclusion to enter a hospital somewhere in New York City. Mrs. Clark's second husband, in 1905, was John Francis Judge, a mining engineer and the son of wealthy Park City, UT gold mine co-owners, John and Mary Judge. Their partner in the Silver King mining properties, Thomas Kearns, was an Irish immigrant, as were the Judges. Thomas Kearns married Mary Judge's niece. Mrs. Elizabeth Wymond Young Judge Clark had two sons, John F. Judge of Houston, Tex.,(last Houston City Manager) and Gilbert Wyman Judge of New York.

(Gilbert married Augusta Church Alsop's adopted daughter, Carleton W. Alsop's step-daughter.)

Mining life was hard and dangerous and partners John Judge and Thomas Kearns both died in 1892.

Widow Mary Judge and Kearn's heirs carried on mining operations.

There was only one prominent men's club then, the "Alta" in the state of Utah. Both Judge and Kearns were members, and, in 1908, a man named James A. Hogel also joined. Hogel and his son James E. Hogel were partners in several ventures with the Kearns through the years, including in the Kearns-Tribune and in magnesium mining in Great Salt Lake.

In the 1950's Edward Gordon Hooker bought James A. Hogel's seat on the NY Stock Exchange. This is significant because it is another tie in of Hooker to Carelton Alsop, besides the fact that Hooker's aunt was married and divorced twice from Alsop by 1940. I suspect Hooker had an inside track on the purchase of the infrequently available stock exchange seat because of his realtionships with Carleton and Augusta Church Alsop. I have links to article supporting all of these realtionships, and I will fill them in here when I have more time.

Edited by Tom Scully

• 1 month later...

I am replying to Linda's post on the other George HW Bush thread here, because there is more background info on Edward G. Hooker on other pages of this thread than there is on the other Bush thread.

Recently I discovered that the CIA's Carleton W. Alsop (no relation to the Alsop brothers of Avon, Ct.), was married twice to Edward Gordon Hooker's aunt, Rosalie. (Info in Linda's post, linked above.) From about 1954 until his death in 1979, Carleton Alsop was married to Augusta E. Hahl Church, widow of George Myers Church, grandson and heir to the tobacco fortune of Ligget & Myers co-founder, George S. Myers of St. Louis. Augusta and George adopted a daughter, Louisa Jane Church, sometime before George Myers Church's death in 1946.

George Myers Church was a WWI flyer and after the war, he stayed in Texas where he was based and brought in an extemely long lived and high volume oil strike in Crane Cty, TX, which his partnership, Church & Fields, quickly sold to Magnolia Oil.

Augusta Hahl Church Alsop had a very close relationship with a Louisville, KY woman, (In 1905, she was Mrs. Elizabeth Wymond Young, at the time of her marriage to John Francis Judge.) Mrs. Charles Walker Clark. Circa 1948, Mrs. Clark's son, Gilbert Wyman Judge, married Augusta's adopted daughter, Louisa Jane, and the couple later had two children. Mrs. Clark inherited her third husband's entire estate. He was described as the son of possibly the wealthiest man in the U.S. His half sister, 104 years old Huguette Clark, it is reported this weekend, has emerged from decades of seclusion to enter a hospital somewhere in New York City. Mrs. Clark's second husband, in 1905, was John Francis Judge, a mining engineer and the son of wealthy Park City, UT gold mine co-owners, John and Mary Judge. Their partner in the Silver King mining properties, Thomas Kearns, was an Irish immigrant, as were the Judges. Thomas Kearns married Mary Judge's niece. Mrs. Elizabeth Wymond Young Judge Clark had two sons, John F. Judge of Houston, Tex.,(last Houston City Manager) and Gilbert Wyman Judge of New York.

(Gilbert married Augusta Church Alsop's adopted daughter, Carleton W. Alsop's step-daughter.)

Mining life was hard and dangerous and partners John Judge and Thomas Kearns both died in 1892.

Widow Mary Judge and Kearn's heirs carried on mining operations.

There was only one prominent men's club then, the "Alta" in the state of Utah. Both Judge and Kearns were members, and, in 1908, a man named James A. Hogel also joined. Hogel and his son James E. Hogel were partners in several ventures with the Kearns through the years, including in the Kearns-Tribune and in magnesium mining in Great Salt Lake.

In the 1950's Edward Gordon Hooker bought James A. Hogel's seat on the NY Stock Exchange. This is significant because it is another tie in of Hooker to Carelton Alsop, besides the fact that Hooker's aunt was married and divorced twice from Alsop by 1940. I suspect Hooker had an inside track on the purchase of the infrequently available stock exchange seat because of his realtionships with Carleton and Augusta Church Alsop. I have links to article supporting all of these realtionships, and I will fill them in here when I have more time.

The Pierson/DeMohrenschildt genealogy is obviously kind of important, and irrespective of the attempts by the Warren Commission to downplay his genealogy and relationships

outside of his relationship with Lee Oswald, he, still is a very important part of the nexus. One of the potential genealogical relationships that I ran across is in a document regarding June Cobb, and June Cobb is no obscure person in the JFK saga. Before I go on, with all the interest in the "other Oswald" has anyone noticed earlier in this thread

the White Russian connections to Riga, Latvia......That geographical location surfaces in the more compelling aspects of persons in the Oswald in Russia, Example

Listing for "Alfred" LNU "a Cuban citizen who for some time had been studying in Russia. He studied at the University of Minsk for about six months and later

studied at the University of Moscow."

http://www.maryferre...47&relPageId=17

"Alik" Alik is mentioned in a letter dated 24, January 1963, (document # 136) from Aunt Valya to the OSWALDS saying that Lyalya is on practical work assignment

in Riga where she sees Alik. (Traces: None)

http://www.maryferre...47&relPageId=18

The above is part of an extensive document re Oswald/Contacts while in Russia. See

APPENDIX C - NAME LIST WITH TRACES [173 pages]

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=95857

If you want to connect some dots the aforementioned would seem to stand in need of some connecting....

Getting back to the Pierson item......In a document entitled......

Pierson, Jean 104-10174-10024

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=25038

Subjects: AMUPAS/1

Cobb, Viola Jun

Jean Pierson is listed as the True Name of a Case Officer, who is a contact for June Cobb.

Name Used for Contact: Joan Price, Janette Post - Aunt Elizabeth

Cryptenya: AMUPAS/1 Joyce H. Pineinch (P)

Date Contact First Made: 6 June 1960

Others Present: Harry Hermsdorf

I am not stating anything about Jean Pierson, other than the fact that it would be interesting to know if she was related to Dorothy Pierson......

And, in itself, a genealogical relation between the two would only be significant under certain circumstances.

Edited by Robert Howard

Once you understand how seats on the NYSE change hands you will realize that there is NO SIGNIFICANCE whatsoever to any supposed collusion or interaction regarding either this NYSE seat transaction or to any other assumed or surmised later or earlier inter-relationship(s) between the 2 parties involved in the transaction. NYSE seats are exchanged and the price is set through an open auction bid and offer marketplace exactly how individual stocks are traded on any open auction exchange. For instance James Hogel would post his interest in selling a seat for $275,000 for example and his offer would be recorded with the NYSE governing board along with all other interested sellers' standing offers and the price at which they would be willing to sell their seat. Likewise Edward Hooker would post his bidding interest for a NYSE seat and the price he would be willing to pay for the seat from any willing seller, let's say it was $250,000, which would of course, be the lowest offer at any given moment in time. The so called $25,000 "spread" between the highest bid and the lowest offer for a period of days, weeks or months is the reason why NYSE seats do not change hands as often as 100 shares of common stock in an actively traded stock. If and when Hogel decides to accept the "bid" or lower his offer somewhat or when Hooker decides to pay the "offer" or raise his bid to entire a seller to sell, the transaction would be culminated between the two counter parties WITHOUT any advanced knowledge whatsoever about the identify of the other party. What you are implying is that these 2 guys sat down in a smoke filled room, struck a private deal at a negotiated price, shook hands and exchanged ownership of the NYSE seat. You also implied that this was either the beginning of or the continuation of a series of collusions or partnerships or conspiracies between these individuals which continued up to and perhaps even after the JFK murder. What I am saying is that this is a totally fallacious and incorrect conclusion based on your limited, minimal knowledge about how NYSE seats are exchanged. Hope you accept this criticism in the spirit in which it is being offered. When the facts are right, the conclusions are much more likely to be significant and important and reliable. Otherwise.... Not!

Guest Tom Scully

Robert, I looked into Dorothy Pierson's father, A. Romeyn Pierson, Jr. He died suddenly about 1929, not long after Dorothy was born. His father, Abraham Romeyn Pierson, died in 1919.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=FA0E12FC3A5A17738DDDA00894DA415B888CF1D3

Dec. 9, 1908

He leaves two sons and a daughter. X%' .,I. and Isabella Pierson of 'ew York. slid A. Romeyn Pierson ot Glen Ridge, N. J. The funeral will be held at the ...

http://books.google.com/books?id=3bSfAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA157&lpg=PA157&dq=a+romeyn+pierson+bevan&source=bl&ots=5DG5GXvzN3&sig=RNJwfGgySvW6Xn7JUE9Gao_UPXA&hl=en&ei=1rqCTIfoEcKclgen6MXkDg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=a%20romeyn%20pierson%20bevan&f=false

Proceedings of the New Jersey Historical Society - Google Books Result

New Jersey Historical Society - 1919 - History

Abraham Romeyn Pierson, of Glen Ridge, died Feb. 13, 1919, from pneumonia, at Jacksonville, Fla. His daughter, Mrs. William F. Bevan, wife of Maj. Bevan of...

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q=a+romeyn+pierson+jr&scoring=a&hl=en&ned=us&sa=N&sugg=d&as_ldate=1920&as_hdate=1929&lnav=hist3

FIND PIERSON DIED OF NATURAL CRUSES; Coroner's Jury at Palm Beach ...

- New York Times - Apr 5, 1929

Mrs. Pierson will receive all per sonal property and two-thin ds of the residue in trust, while iris _ Dorothy Romeyn Pierson, is to re ceive one-thin d In ...

Abraham's father, David, had two sons, Abraham and William McD. Pierson. There is not much on William. If June's last name was Pierson, he would have to be her father. But June's name appears to be Cobb.

Interesting read...while June was under CIA surveillance in NYC in 1960, she made a call from her hotel to Alexander Rorke.....

http://books.google.com/books?id=tfJBrSFNUNkC&pg=PA106&dq=castro+june+cobb&hl=en&ei=4K-CTLKTA8KAlAe235W3Dg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=castro%20june%20cobb&f=false

Oswald and the CIA: the documented truth about the unknown relationship between the U.S. government and the alleged killer of JFK

Page 106

John Newman - 2008 - 669 pages

...Hemming says he told his 1960 CIA debriefers in Los Angeles that he had met Oswald in the Cuban Consulate. When Ray Rocca wrote his 1975 memo about Oswald's Cuabn question mark, presumably he had access to Hemming's debriefs.

We have taken time to acquaint ourselves with Oswald's interest in Castro and the Cuban Revolution because we know that he is destined to be swallowed up in their politics during the eight months before President Kennedy's death. During the HSCA investigations, information surfaced about this involvement, some of which concerned an intriguing informant: June Cobb. Because her path crosses the Oswald paper trail, we get to look into her CIA files. The result is extraordinary because of who June Cobb was, and because it illuminates a section or two of our journey along the Oswald paper trail.

June Cobb, Castro, and the CIA

"On May 24, 25, and 26, the undersigned located and met June Cobb," wrote Harry Hermsdorf, "an American woman employed at the Ministry Office of Fidel Castro in Havana, Cuba."(44) In 1960 Hernsdorf worked in WH/4 which handled Cuban matters, and he was writing about the biggest catch in his CIA career:

Edited by Tom Scully

• 5 months later...

Side note: Is it possible that the Frank Wisner and Cord Meyer suicides were as a direct result of being drawn into either the actual JFK plot against their wills, or as a result of discovering who the actual killers were and not being able to do anything about it either before or after the fact? My naivete might be showing here, but even though JFK allegedly slept with Cord Meyer's wife, I can not fathom why Cord Meyer would voluntarily participate in an anti-JFK plot. And even though Frank Wisner had some serious Mississippi family and corporate ties, I can not see him willingly plotting against JFK either. But I could be wrong on this score.

On Wednesday, 23 October 1963, Allen Dulles was making plans for his Oct 25-29 trip to Houston, Ft. Worth and Dallas. His telephone call diaries reveal he spoke to a Mr. Meyer and a Mr. Wisner on Oct. 23, 1963. No details about these conversation appear in the diaries.

While in Texas, Dulles was promoting his new book, The Craft of Intelligence. He gave an address to the Houston Post Book and Author Luncheon on Sat. Oct. 26. On Sunday, he gave an address to the Friends of Ft. Worth Library. On Monday, Oct. 28, he addressed the Dallas Council on world Affairs, then visited Dallas book stores. He return to Washington on Tues, Oct. 29, 1963.

http://www.princeton.edu/~mudd/finding_aids/MC019.09/Correspondence_Appointment_Call_Diaries_1945-1968/19631022_0000032450.pdf

Cheers

Guest Robert Morrow

Side note: Is it possible that the Frank Wisner and Cord Meyer suicides were as a direct result of being drawn into either the actual JFK plot against their wills, or as a result of discovering who the actual killers were and not being able to do anything about it either before or after the fact? My naivete might be showing here, but even though JFK allegedly slept with Cord Meyer's wife, I can not fathom why Cord Meyer would voluntarily participate in an anti-JFK plot. And even though Frank Wisner had some serious Mississippi family and corporate ties, I can not see him willingly plotting against JFK either. But I could be wrong on this score.

On Wednesday, 23 October 1963, Allen Dulles was making plans for his Oct 25-29 trip to Houston, Ft. Worth and Dallas. His telephone call diaries reveal he spoke to a Mr. Meyer and a Mr. Wisner on Oct. 23, 1963. No details about these conversation appear in the diaries.

While in Texas, Dulles was promoting his new book, The Craft of Intelligence. He gave an address to the Houston Post Book and Author Luncheon on Sat. Oct. 26. On Sunday, he gave an address to the Friends of Ft. Worth Library. On Monday, Oct. 28, he addressed the Dallas Council on world Affairs, then visited Dallas book stores. He return to Washington on Tues, Oct. 29, 1963.

http://www.princeton.edu/~mudd/finding_aids/MC019.09/Correspondence_Appointment_Call_Diaries_1945-1968/19631022_0000032450.pdf

Cheers

I think it is very likely that Allen Dulles and Lyndon Johnson were the co-CEO's of the JFK assassination. A few quick points: 1) Cord Meyer was mentioned by E. Howard Hunt as being involved in the JFK assassination with Lyndon Johnson. Cord Meyer ran Operation Mockingbird (CIA media manipulation), taking over after the death of Frank Wisner. Cord Meyer did not commit suicide. Maybe you are thinking of Phil Graham: http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKgrahamP.htm (sucide 8/3/63).

As for those who doubt Meyer's involvement in the JFK assassination: he was very close to James Angleton and Richard Helms. You do have to be the assassin at your "Company" to be able to find the killers who do.

Also, E. Howard Hunt was very close to Allen Dulles and, in fact, helped him to WRITE teh craft of intelligence.

It is not a stretch to imagine that Allen Dulles #1, E. Howard Hunt, James Angleton, Richard Helms and even Cord Meyer all played roles in the JFK assassination. At the very LEAST all of those folks helped to cover it up in a big way (accessories after the fact). Odds are most of them were plotters of the 1963 Coup d'Etat.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tom Scully

Originally posted on the "Oswald and Bus 1213 McWatters' and Bledsoe's "story" in tatters" thread.:

David,

Surely you realize that some of us strongly doubt that Oswald ever said he was on the bus, went to get his gun, etc. Since all those interrogation sessions went unrecorded, forgive me if I'm dubious about taking the word of Capt. Fritz and his "notes" on this subject.

Knowing all that you know about this case, aren't you skeptical of sources like the Paines and the DeMohrenschildts, witnesses like Bledsoe, Whaley and Markham, and the "notes" of Captain Fritz?

David,

Surely you realize that some of us strongly doubt that Oswald ever said he was on the bus, went to get his gun, etc. Since all those interrogation sessions went unrecorded, forgive me if I'm dubious about taking the word of Capt. Fritz and his "notes" on this subject.

Knowing all that you know about this case, aren't you skeptical of sources like the Paines and the DeMohrenschildts, witnesses like Bledsoe, Whaley and Markham, and the "notes" of Captain Fritz?

Don,

The fact that the interrogation sessions were unrecorded does not mean they can simply be ignored. The notes made come from four different sources: Fritz, SS Inspector Kelley, the postal inspector (Holmes), and FBI agents.

Oswald’s repeated denials that he killed JFK or Officer Tippit are recorded on multiple occasions and I believe them to be true. (I presume you would agree with that opinion).

I personally believe that Oswald’s statements about taking a bus, and then switching to a cab, are also true. I do not believe there is good reason to believe that multiple notetakers made up these statements. Apparently, you are willing to entertain such a hypothesis.

When I first became interested in this case, and bought my set of the 26 volumes (this is May, 1965), I truly believed that Lee Oswald was what I then called a “Perry Mason defendant.” In other words, Oswald was just an ordinary person—not much different from your or I—and who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and was framed for a crime he did not commit.

Consequently, and because of my belief that he was innocent, I cut him a lot of slack, and believed everything he said to be true—similar to a typical defendant in a Perry Mason mystery.

As I studied the records more closely, it became clear that Oswald was not always telling the truth. This doesn’t mean he killed anybody; but it means that, for one reason or another, he did not disclose everything he knew.

If we understood all the details of Oswald’s reality, it would be clear why he was not always telling the truth.

I do not believe Oswald was telling the truth when he denied owning any weapons.

I think one of the keys in researching the Kennedy assassination is understanding who is telling the truth, and who is not; and, if someone is lying, then just why they are lying (i.e., what is being hidden).

As to DeMohrenschildt, I think he told the truth in his manuscript—but painted an unnecessarily negative picture of Oswald in his WC testimony. He apparently developed a very strong father-son bond with Oswald. His manuscript is a virtual valentine to Oswald, and is infused with guilt. Anyone who reads it closely can see that.

Like it or not, Ruth Paine believed Oswald killed Kennedy.

Much is made of the fact that so much of the “incriminating evidence” was found in Ruth Paine’s garage. But Ruth Paine didn’t put it there—Oswald did. (And that brings one back to the question of just what Oswald was up to in the weeks and months prior to the assassination.)

Based on my own interviews and other information, I am persuaded that Ruth Paine had no knowledge that Lee Oswald had a rifle on the premises. As I stated earlier on this thread, I believe that Michael Paine did know about the rifle, but thought of Oswald as more or less a harmless somewhat academic revolutionary.

Based on problems with Bledsoe's testimony (most of which can probably be attributed to her age), I see no reason to invoke an elaborate hypothesis involving a fabricated bus transfer (plus multiple Oswalds) and which eventually also leads to the necessity of subscribing to an auxiliary hypothesis that the statements made by Oswald at his interrogation, regarding his taking a bus and switching to a taxi, were all (also) fabricated.

Such an unwieldy hypothesis is, imho, a thoroughly implausible way to explain the known facts.

DSL; 3/26/11

10:30 PM PDT

Los Angeles, CA

David,

Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed reply. I respect your opinion and the years you've devoted to researching this case. However....

You're willing to accept extremely uncredible witnesses at face value. DeMohrenschildt's lack of credibility comes from his fantastic background. As so many critics have pointed out over the years, what was a much older man of such a background doing socializing with a young misfit like Oswald, who was not only light years "below" him in terms of social status and income, but also diametrically opposed in his politics? Those kinds of relationships just don't happen in our world, unless there is a mitigating cause. Thus, anything DeMohrenschildt testified to, in terms of Oswald, must be considered in light of this. Do you really think that the friendship between the DeMohrenshildts and the Oswalds was natural and honest?

Don,

Have you read the DeMohrenschieldt manuscript (As published in the HSCA volumes)? As I mentioned previously, it is a virtual valentine to Oswald. Filled with compliments, admiration, even adulation, and pervaded with terrible guilt over what happened to Oswald. Whatever the circumstances of how these two came to meet, GDM obviously "bonded" with Oswald. He wrote that he wished his own children aspired to the high ideals exemplified by Oswald. (Most people who are suspicious of GDM seem to be unaware of this aspect of GDM, and what his manuscript says).

You ask: "Do you really think that the friendship between the DeMohrenshildts and the Oswalds was natural and honest?" My answer is that I do not believe that George DeM ever revealed the truth about when and how he first came to meet Oswald. In other words, he never revealed his own "other agenda" or "hidden agenda." Was it related to the Kennedy assassination? (Yes, I believe it was, but I do not think that GDM had foreknowledge of the kennedy assassination; and, in fact, I think DeM was just as much of a dupe as was Oswald.)

Keep in mind that DeM left the U.S. for Haiti in May or June, 1963; and in any event, did not see Oswald again after the mid-April meeting when he and his wife Jeanne dropped by with the Easter bunny present. So the notion that GDM was "running" Oswald was (and in fact is) a logistical impossibility.

Ironically, HSCA General Counsel Robert Blakey was fully aware of the implications of the GDM manuscript, and tried to denigrate it in his book, THe Plot to Kill the President." published in March, 1981. Remember: one of the first things GDM's wife did after his (March, 1977) suicide was to see to it that that manuscript got to the HSCA.

I think the proper analysis of GDM is one of the keys to this case and, many years back, spent beaucoup hours carefully going over all the GDM documents, and in fact received some 1,000 pages or more from the State Department under FOIA. I wonder how many people reading these boards realize that Oswald was actually visiting with, and probably spending nights with, GDM and his wife, in the fall of 1962. They were very close--and DeM was obviously very upset by the death of this young man who, his manuscript makes very clear, he greatly admired, and whom he viewed as a surrogate son.

Simply going from the notion that GDM obviously had "intelligence ties" to the notion that he was a "bad" or "evil" person who was the master manipulator of Oswald is not only not warranted by the evidence but, in my opinion, is entirely false.

Again, I say: Read his manuscript. There is no substitute for understanding GDM than reading this primary document--of several hundred pages--to acquire an understanding of who GDM (and his wife) were, the kind of friendship that developed between GDM and LHO, how they felt about the Oswalds, (GDM's negative opinion of Marina) etc.

So. . when you ask" Do I think the "friendship" was "natural and honest," the answer is that George DeM became one of Lee Oswald's closest friends, up until the time GDM left for Haiti, but that nonetheless, we don't have the full picture because something has been hidden.

I wonder if you are aware that Edward Epstein, one of the last people to see GDM just hours before he took his life, wrote (in Legend) that GDM had apparently decided to conceal the true circumstances of how he first came to know Oswald.

I think that is a fair statement. And without that knowledge, a full understanding of what is being hidden cannot be understood.

I hope to shed important light on this in my work.

DSL

3/31/11; 2:40 AM

Los Angeles, CA

A few question for you, David.

What do you make of this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_J._Devine

Thomas J. Devine (born December 9, 1926) in Rochester, New York, a 1949 B.S. M.I.T. graduate[1], worked for the CIA, and was an oil-wildcatting associate of George H. W. Bush. Devine helped Bush found Zapata Offshore in 1953 and he was an unnofficial foreign affairs advisor to Representative Bush in the 1960s. He accompanied Bush on a trip to Vietnam from 26 December 1967-11 January 1968, for which he was issued an interim top-secret clearance by the US Department of Defense. [2]

Devine married Alexandra Mills of Hobe Sound, FL, in April, 1973. William B. Macomber, Jr., best man in the 1946 wedding of Nancy Walker Bush Ellis, was Devine's best man.[3] Macomber's brother, Celanese Corporation president, John D. Macomber, appointed Devine as a vice president (1973).[4] [5] John D. Macomber is the longtime mentor and business associate of Michael L. Ainslie[6], second husband[7] of Suzanne B. Hooker, daughter of Edward Gordon Hooker[8], the deceased school roommate of George HW Bush and step-nephew and oil exploration business partner[9][10] of George de Mohrenschildt, a petroleum geologist and Professor who befriended Lee Harvey Oswald in the summer of 1962 and maintained that friendship until Oswald's death two days after the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.

Devine's friendship and "close relationship" with Bush Sr. continued as Bush was first made US Ambassador to the United Nations (from 1971-1973), then nominated as Director of the CIA (November 1975).[11]

Devine first left the CIA in 1953 to go into business. He later rejoined the CIA under non-official cover (NOC) status on 12 June 1963, as a covert commercial asset for Project WUBRINY/LPDICTUM.

When Zapata Oil was sold, Devine joined the investment firm of Train, Cabot and Associates in New York City. He had no operational involvement in the CIA from 1968 through November 1975.[12]

Gale Allen, the CIA's Director of Operations, wrote that Devine was the "most discreet and security conscious business contact" he had ever met.[13]

Suzy Says

DeMohrenschildt Mystery

By Suzy Knickerbocker

4/16/77 DMN

In all of the front-page coverage of the

Palm Beach suicide of Russian emigre

George DeMohrenschildt (he came here in 1921)

and his possible involvement in the President

Kennedy assassination through his friendship

with Lee Harvey Oswald and his Russian-born

wife, De Mohrenschildt is constantly referred to

as a mystery man and reputed member of Russian

nobility.

He was neither.

De Mohrenschildt was a bona fide member of the

Russian aristocracy and connected by marriage

to some of New York and Philadelphia’s best

families. One of his cousins Ferdinand de Moh-

renschildt, an official of the Soviet Embassy,

married the late Nona McAdoo, daughter of Sen.

William Gibbs McAdoo.

(Sen McAdoo secretary of the Treasury

in Woodrow Wilson’s administration, was the

husband of President Wilson’s daughter

Eleanor Wilson McAdoo). De Mohrenschildt’s

uncle, a Count Dimitri, who taught languages at

Yale and Dartmouth, married very social,

very rich Mrs Roland Mather Hooker (she was known

everywhere as the Countess Dimitri de Mohrenschildt.

De Mohrenschildt himself married four times,

His second wife was Wynne Sharples, a Main-Line

heiress, now Mrs. Peter Ballinger of Villanova, Pa.

While De Mohrenschildt seldom used a title

his third wife, Phyliss Washington Clucas,

hadn’t stopped calling herself the Baroness

de Mohrenschildt when last heard from.

To put the cherry on the sundae of De Mohrenschildt’s

high profile of high society, he used to know and

see Jackie Onassis’ mother, Mrs. Hugh D. Auchinsloss

(she was between marriages) during summer vacations

visiting the Hooker family in Esthampton, L.I.

In fact, this self-proclaimed society-hater, a geologist

who insisted he was most comfortable amongst

intellectuals spent a lot of time hanging around

the Racquet Club, the exclusive New York male

stronghold with Edward Hooker (the son of

his stepaunt, the Countess Dimitri de Mohrenschildt)

and such sound social chaps as Staley

Tregellas and Jake Cogswell. Hooker invested

heavily in a failed Haitian oil lease deal that turned

out a collossal failure. Hooker lost a fortune that he

never quite recovered.

He returned to Wall Street and subsequently died.

According to family and friends DeMohrenschildt

was undoubtedly a CIA stringer and periodically

made unexplained trips abroad. His Socially

Registered confidant Jake Cogswell, another CIA

stringer, who established residence in Cuba before

Castro. He barely made it out before the ax fell

heiress’ Joan Demers and Cynthia Cannon

Cynthia, big in the horse world, lives in London

and Millbrook, N.Y.

Joan big in the oil world, lives in Palm Beach and

and Texas.

In the last years of his life, George DeMohrenschildt

dropped out of the New York scene, married his

present widow and became Texas-tied, severing

all contacts with former friends and business associates.

Oddly, this man, reputed to know the real story

behind the Kennedy assassination, crossed paths

during his life with two presidential families—

the Kennedy’s, through his acquaintance with

Jackie’s mother and the Wilsons through his marriage

to Woodrow Wilson’s granddaughter Nona McAdoo.

Robert: For persons who are interested in this aspect of research

you may, like I did, wonder if “Suzy Knickerbocker,”

was related to the Cassini’s, since Igor used the

nom de plume “Cholly Knickerbocker.”

Apparently not. Her real name was Aileen Elder Mehle.

A Texan, Davis writes that Mehle’s brother-in-law was

Karim Aga Khan.

Party of the Century: The Fabulous Story of Truman Capote and His Black and White Ball...Deborah Davis - 2010

Mehle’s effervescent combination of wit and irony in her column “Society by Suzy Knickerbocker”

won coverage in national magazines. In Life, which called her the brightest and most widely read

society columnist in the country....”

LIFE Nov 11, 1966

CLOSEUP AILEEN MEHLE, THE REAL SUZY KNICKERBOCKER

Ironically she was on What's My Line, with her son as a mystery

guest in the post-Kilgallen era of the show

Suzy Knickerbocker (Aileen Elder Mehle) married Rear Admiral Roger W. Mehle, Sr. on June 20, 1939. Their son, Roger W. Mehle, Jr.,

was born on December 28, 1941. His parents were divorced at some time prior to the Admiral's second (of 3 total) marriage in 1948.

As of 2004, our mystery guest is currently practicing law.

Was it a coincidence that Albert E. Jenner, Jr. was appointed in the first place, and then chosen to draw DeMohrenschildt's testimony out of him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_C._Clark

Tom C. Clark

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_C._Clark#Controversy

...Controversy

In 1946, fearing for his life, Chicago organized crime leader James M. Ragen contacted Clark through newspaper columnist Drew Pearson to obtain the protection of federal agents in exchange for information. A dozen FBI agents were sent to Chicago to interrogate Ragen. After checking and confirming the details of mob activity provided by Ragen, Tom Clark withdrew Ragen's FBI protection for lack of federal jurisdiction to prosecute the suspects Ragen named. Almost immediately, Ragen was seriously wounded by gunfire. Several suspects were arrested but no one was prosecuted due to the disappearance of some witnesses and the lack of cooperation of others. Ragen's condition was improving after the shooting, but he died suddenly in the hospital of mercury poisoning. Drew Pearson hinted in his syndicated column in October 1963 that Clark had told him that the FBI confirmed Ragen's accusations of Chicago mob control by leading businessmen and politicians. This was confirmed in the posthumous publication, eleven years later, of Drew Pearson's Diaries, 1949–1959; Tom Clark had told Pearson that Ragen stated that Henry Crown, the Hilton Hotels chain, and Walter Annenberg controlled the mob.[8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16]

Despite the disturbing information about Henry Crown, et al, Drew Pearson claimed was provided to him by Clark in 1946, Justice Tom Clark appointed Crown's son, John, as one of two of his 1956 Supreme Court session law clerks.[17] In December, 1963, Chief Justice Earl Warren, acting as head of the newly formed Presidential Commission investigating the death of President Kennedy, suggested that Henry Crown's attorney, Albert E. Jenner, Jr., who also, at that time employed Crown's son, John at Jenner's Chicago law firm, be appointed as a senior assistant Warren Commission counsel. Warren gave his fellow commissioners the names of two men who approved of Jenner's appointment, Tom C Clark and Dean Acheson. [18]

The appointment of Jenner to investigate whether either Oswald or Ruby acted alone or conspired with others remains controversial.[19][20]

Henry Crown and his close friend, Sam Nanini, were reported in March, 1977 to have had relationships with organized crime.[21][22]

As Attorney General, Tom Clark was accused of impropriety in the early parole of convicted Chicago crime boss, Louis Campagna and three others.[23] Sam Nanini wrote a letter in 1947 to the federal bureau of prisons advocating parole for Campagna. [24][25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruby

Jack Ruby

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruby#Allegations_of_organized_crime_links

Allegations of organized crime links

....Within four hours of Ruby's arrest on November 24, 1963, a telegram sent from La Jolla, CA, was received at the Dallas city jail in support of Jack Ruby, under the names of Hal and Pauline Collins.[11] That telegram supports the Warren Commission exhibit (CE 1510), which names Hal Collins, Jr.[12][13] as a character reference listed by Jack Ruby on a Texas liquor license application.[14] In 1957, Hal Collin's sister, Mary Ann Collins,[15][16] had married Robert L. Clark,[17][18] the brother of former U.S. Attorney General and the then sitting U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Tom C. Clark. Robert L. Clark was the former Dallas law partner of Maury Hughes.[19][20][21] Tom C. Clark advised newspaper columnist Drew Pearson in 1946 that the FBI had verified the claims[22][23] of James M. Ragen that Henry Crown and the Hilton Hotel chain controlled organized crime in Chicago.[24][25][26][27][28][29][30] Tom C. Clark selected Henry Crown's son, John as one of his two Supreme Court law clerks for the 1956 term,[31] and Tom Clark provided one of two recommendations to the Warren Commission to appoint Henry Crown's attorney, Albert E. Jenner, Jr.[32] as a senior assistant investigative counsel responsible for determining whether either Oswald or Ruby acted alone or conspired with others.[33]..

Was the scenario involving James K. Cogswell III, actually a multi agency effort to deflect the HSCA's attention away from ONI? Too many coincidences... Cogswell had been married to the daughter of Will Farish III's inheritance trustee; Farish became GHW Bush's "best friend." De Mohrenshildt's 1942, Washington DC housemate, later Rear Admiral Harry Hull's wife was Cogswell's first cousin. Their landlord, later retired Rear Admiral Paul L. Joachim was brutally shot to death in Oct., 1962. Joachim's step-father was the designer of US Navy codebreakers' first Underwood Code Machine aka the Kata-Kana Typewriter. Carl A. Joerissen became Paul Joachim's stepfather when Paul was 8 years old. Later four star Navy Admiral William K Phillips became Harry Hull's step-uncle when Harry was 13 years old. Cogswell's sister, Theodora, is referred to as being part of the OP, by the HSCA. One of Cogswell's aunts, wife of his uncle, Capt. Francis Cogswell, retired from the CIA in 1954. His other aunt, Bianca Harrington Cogswell, daughter of Admiral James K Cogswell, I, first married a man named Clement, and then married Capt. Donald C. Bingham. When her daughter, Louisa, married Harry Hull, Cogswell's aunt became Harry's mother-in-law. Cogswell III brought Joseph Dryer and his knowledge of De Mohrenschildt to the attention of Dorothe Matlack....

Read the rest of the post I excerpted in the quote box immediately above this sentence. David, where on earth do you come by the confidence it should require to post the opinions of DeMohrenschildt and about the WCR, for that matter, that you posted? All these years you've put into the study of the "investigation" of the murders of JFK and LHO, and yet it still seems you persist in the notion that despite the obvious evidence the WC was created and tasked to reach and report the official conclusions that both JFK and LHO were murdered by gunshot under the noses of armed government personal protection details, earnest researchers can rely on the exhibits and testimony in the volumes of the WCR. You somehow know what is reliable in the WCR and what isn't.

Is it unfair to believe you do not accept that no reliable investigation could have taken place, since the WC was a commission created to present two lone nut shooters as the only culprits?

Edited by Tom Scully

Originally posted on the "Oswald and Bus 1213 McWatters' and Bledsoe's "story" in tatters" thread.:

David,

David,

Don,

The fact that the interrogation sessions were unrecorded does not mean they can simply be ignored. The notes made come from four different sources: Fritz, SS Inspector Kelley, the postal inspector (Holmes), and FBI agents.

Oswald's repeated denials that he killed JFK or Officer Tippit are recorded on multiple occasions and I believe them to be true. (I presume you would agree with that opinion).

I personally believe that Oswald's statements about taking a bus, and then switching to a cab, are also true. I do not believe there is good reason to believe that multiple notetakers made up these statements. Apparently, you are willing to entertain such a hypothesis.

When I first became interested in this case, and bought my set of the 26 volumes (this is May, 1965), I truly believed that Lee Oswald was what I then called a "Perry Mason defendant." In other words, Oswald was just an ordinary person—not much different from your or I—and who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and was framed for a crime he did not commit.

Consequently, and because of my belief that he was innocent, I cut him a lot of slack, and believed everything he said to be true—similar to a typical defendant in a Perry Mason mystery.

As I studied the records more closely, it became clear that Oswald was not always telling the truth. This doesn't mean he killed anybody; but it means that, for one reason or another, he did not disclose everything he knew.

If we understood all the details of Oswald's reality, it would be clear why he was not always telling the truth.

I do not believe Oswald was telling the truth when he denied owning any weapons.

I think one of the keys in researching the Kennedy assassination is understanding who is telling the truth, and who is not; and, if someone is lying, then just why they are lying (i.e., what is being hidden).

As to DeMohrenschildt, I think he told the truth in his manuscript—but painted an unnecessarily negative picture of Oswald in his WC testimony. He apparently developed a very strong father-son bond with Oswald. His manuscript is a virtual valentine to Oswald, and is infused with guilt. Anyone who reads it closely can see that.

Like it or not, Ruth Paine believed Oswald killed Kennedy.

Much is made of the fact that so much of the "incriminating evidence" was found in Ruth Paine's garage. But Ruth Paine didn't put it there—Oswald did. (And that brings one back to the question of just what Oswald was up to in the weeks and months prior to the assassination.)

Based on my own interviews and other information, I am persuaded that Ruth Paine had no knowledge that Lee Oswald had a rifle on the premises. As I stated earlier on this thread, I believe that Michael Paine did know about the rifle, but thought of Oswald as more or less a harmless somewhat academic revolutionary.

Based on problems with Bledsoe's testimony (most of which can probably be attributed to her age), I see no reason to invoke an elaborate hypothesis involving a fabricated bus transfer (plus multiple Oswalds) and which eventually also leads to the necessity of subscribing to an auxiliary hypothesis that the statements made by Oswald at his interrogation, regarding his taking a bus and switching to a taxi, were all (also) fabricated.

Such an unwieldy hypothesis is, imho, a thoroughly implausible way to explain the known facts.

DSL; 3/26/11

10:30 PM PDT

Los Angeles, CA

David,

Thanks for taking the time to give such a detailed reply. I respect your opinion and the years you've devoted to researching this case. However....

You're willing to accept extremely uncredible witnesses at face value. DeMohrenschildt's lack of credibility comes from his fantastic background. As so many critics have pointed out over the years, what was a much older man of such a background doing socializing with a young misfit like Oswald, who was not only light years "below" him in terms of social status and income, but also diametrically opposed in his politics? Those kinds of relationships just don't happen in our world, unless there is a mitigating cause. Thus, anything DeMohrenschildt testified to, in terms of Oswald, must be considered in light of this. Do you really think that the friendship between the DeMohrenshildts and the Oswalds was natural and honest?

Don,

Have you read the DeMohrenschieldt manuscript (As published in the HSCA volumes)? As I mentioned previously, it is a virtual valentine to Oswald. Filled with compliments, admiration, even adulation, and pervaded with terrible guilt over what happened to Oswald. Whatever the circumstances of how these two came to meet, GDM obviously "bonded" with Oswald. He wrote that he wished his own children aspired to the high ideals exemplified by Oswald. (Most people who are suspicious of GDM seem to be unaware of this aspect of GDM, and what his manuscript says).

You ask: "Do you really think that the friendship between the DeMohrenshildts and the Oswalds was natural and honest?" My answer is that I do not believe that George DeM ever revealed the truth about when and how he first came to meet Oswald. In other words, he never revealed his own "other agenda" or "hidden agenda." Was it related to the Kennedy assassination? (Yes, I believe it was, but I do not think that GDM had foreknowledge of the kennedy assassination; and, in fact, I think DeM was just as much of a dupe as was Oswald.)

Keep in mind that DeM left the U.S. for Haiti in May or June, 1963; and in any event, did not see Oswald again after the mid-April meeting when he and his wife Jeanne dropped by with the Easter bunny present. So the notion that GDM was "running" Oswald was (and in fact is) a logistical impossibility.

Ironically, HSCA General Counsel Robert Blakey was fully aware of the implications of the GDM manuscript, and tried to denigrate it in his book, THe Plot to Kill the President." published in March, 1981. Remember: one of the first things GDM's wife did after his (March, 1977) suicide was to see to it that that manuscript got to the HSCA.

I think the proper analysis of GDM is one of the keys to this case and, many years back, spent beaucoup hours carefully going over all the GDM documents, and in fact received some 1,000 pages or more from the State Department under FOIA. I wonder how many people reading these boards realize that Oswald was actually visiting with, and probably spending nights with, GDM and his wife, in the fall of 1962. They were very close--and DeM was obviously very upset by the death of this young man who, his manuscript makes very clear, he greatly admired, and whom he viewed as a surrogate son.

Simply going from the notion that GDM obviously had "intelligence ties" to the notion that he was a "bad" or "evil" person who was the master manipulator of Oswald is not only not warranted by the evidence but, in my opinion, is entirely false.

Again, I say: Read his manuscript. There is no substitute for understanding GDM than reading this primary document--of several hundred pages--to acquire an understanding of who GDM (and his wife) were, the kind of friendship that developed between GDM and LHO, how they felt about the Oswalds, (GDM's negative opinion of Marina) etc.

So. . when you ask" Do I think the "friendship" was "natural and honest," the answer is that George DeM became one of Lee Oswald's closest friends, up until the time GDM left for Haiti, but that nonetheless, we don't have the full picture because something has been hidden.

I wonder if you are aware that Edward Epstein, one of the last people to see GDM just hours before he took his life, wrote (in Legend) that GDM had apparently decided to conceal the true circumstances of how he first came to know Oswald.

I think that is a fair statement. And without that knowledge, a full understanding of what is being hidden cannot be understood.

I hope to shed important light on this in my work.

DSL

3/31/11; 2:40 AM

Los Angeles, CA

A few question for you, David.

What do you make of this?

http://en.wikipedia....homas_J._Devine

Thomas J. Devine (born December 9, 1926) in Rochester, New York, a 1949 B.S. M.I.T. graduate[1], worked for the CIA, and was an oil-wildcatting associate of George H. W. Bush. Devine helped Bush found Zapata Offshore in 1953 and he was an unnofficial foreign affairs advisor to Representative Bush in the 1960s. He accompanied Bush on a trip to Vietnam from 26 December 1967-11 January 1968, for which he was issued an interim top-secret clearance by the US Department of Defense. [2]

Devine married Alexandra Mills of Hobe Sound, FL, in April, 1973. William B. Macomber, Jr., best man in the 1946 wedding of Nancy Walker Bush Ellis, was Devine's best man.[3] Macomber's brother, Celanese Corporation president, John D. Macomber, appointed Devine as a vice president (1973).[4] [5] John D. Macomber is the longtime mentor and business associate of Michael L. Ainslie[6], second husband[7] of Suzanne B. Hooker, daughter of Edward Gordon Hooker[8], the deceased school roommate of George HW Bush and step-nephew and oil exploration business partner[9][10] of George de Mohrenschildt, a petroleum geologist and Professor who befriended Lee Harvey Oswald in the summer of 1962 and maintained that friendship until Oswald's death two days after the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy.

Devine's friendship and "close relationship" with Bush Sr. continued as Bush was first made US Ambassador to the United Nations (from 1971-1973), then nominated as Director of the CIA (November 1975).[11]

Devine first left the CIA in 1953 to go into business. He later rejoined the CIA under non-official cover (NOC) status on 12 June 1963, as a covert commercial asset for Project WUBRINY/LPDICTUM.

When Zapata Oil was sold, Devine joined the investment firm of Train, Cabot and Associates in New York City. He had no operational involvement in the CIA from 1968 through November 1975.[12]

Gale Allen, the CIA's Director of Operations, wrote that Devine was the "most discreet and security conscious business contact" he had ever met.[13]

Suzy Says

DeMohrenschildt Mystery

By Suzy Knickerbocker

4/16/77 DMN

In all of the front-page coverage of the

Palm Beach suicide of Russian emigre

George DeMohrenschildt (he came here in 1921)

and his possible involvement in the President

Kennedy assassination through his friendship

with Lee Harvey Oswald and his Russian-born

wife, De Mohrenschildt is constantly referred to

as a mystery man and reputed member of Russian

nobility.

He was neither.

De Mohrenschildt was a bona fide member of the

Russian aristocracy and connected by marriage

to some of New York and Philadelphia's best

families. One of his cousins Ferdinand de Moh-

renschildt, an official of the Soviet Embassy,

married the late Nona McAdoo, daughter of Sen.

William Gibbs McAdoo.

(Sen McAdoo secretary of the Treasury

in Woodrow Wilson's administration, was the

husband of President Wilson's daughter

Eleanor Wilson McAdoo). De Mohrenschildt's

uncle, a Count Dimitri, who taught languages at

Yale and Dartmouth, married very social,

very rich Mrs Roland Mather Hooker (she was known

everywhere as the Countess Dimitri de Mohrenschildt.

De Mohrenschildt himself married four times,

His second wife was Wynne Sharples, a Main-Line

heiress, now Mrs. Peter Ballinger of Villanova, Pa.

While De Mohrenschildt seldom used a title

his third wife, Phyliss Washington Clucas,

hadn't stopped calling herself the Baroness

de Mohrenschildt when last heard from.

To put the cherry on the sundae of De Mohrenschildt's

high profile of high society, he used to know and

see Jackie Onassis' mother, Mrs. Hugh D. Auchinsloss

(she was between marriages) during summer vacations

visiting the Hooker family in Esthampton, L.I.

In fact, this self-proclaimed society-hater, a geologist

who insisted he was most comfortable amongst

intellectuals spent a lot of time hanging around

the Racquet Club, the exclusive New York male

stronghold with Edward Hooker (the son of

his stepaunt, the Countess Dimitri de Mohrenschildt)

and such sound social chaps as Staley

Tregellas and Jake Cogswell. Hooker invested

heavily in a failed Haitian oil lease deal that turned

out a collossal failure. Hooker lost a fortune that he

never quite recovered.

He returned to Wall Street and subsequently died.

According to family and friends DeMohrenschildt

was undoubtedly a CIA stringer and periodically

made unexplained trips abroad. His Socially

Registered confidant Jake Cogswell, another CIA

stringer, who established residence in Cuba before

Castro. He barely made it out before the ax fell

heiress' Joan Demers and Cynthia Cannon

Cynthia, big in the horse world, lives in London

and Millbrook, N.Y.

Joan big in the oil world, lives in Palm Beach and

and Texas.

In the last years of his life, George DeMohrenschildt

dropped out of the New York scene, married his

present widow and became Texas-tied, severing

all contacts with former friends and business associates.

Oddly, this man, reputed to know the real story

behind the Kennedy assassination, crossed paths

during his life with two presidential families—

the Kennedy's, through his acquaintance with

Jackie's mother and the Wilsons through his marriage

to Woodrow Wilson's granddaughter Nona McAdoo.

Robert: For persons who are interested in this aspect of research

you may, like I did, wonder if "Suzy Knickerbocker,"

was related to the Cassini's, since Igor used the

nom de plume "Cholly Knickerbocker."

Apparently not. Her real name was Aileen Elder Mehle.

A Texan, Davis writes that Mehle's brother-in-law was

Karim Aga Khan.

Party of the Century: The Fabulous Story of Truman Capote and His Black and White Ball...Deborah Davis - 2010

Mehle's effervescent combination of wit and irony in her column "Society by Suzy Knickerbocker"

won coverage in national magazines. In Life, which called her the brightest and most widely read

society columnist in the country...."

LIFE Nov 11, 1966

CLOSEUP AILEEN MEHLE, THE REAL SUZY KNICKERBOCKER

Ironically she was on What's My Line, with her son as a mystery

guest in the post-Kilgallen era of the show

Suzy Knickerbocker (Aileen Elder Mehle) married Rear Admiral Roger W. Mehle, Sr. on June 20, 1939. Their son, Roger W. Mehle, Jr.,

was born on December 28, 1941. His parents were divorced at some time prior to the Admiral's second (of 3 total) marriage in 1948.

As of 2004, our mystery guest is currently practicing law.

Was it a coincidence that Albert E. Jenner, Jr. was appointed in the first place, and then chosen to draw DeMohrenschildt's testimony out of him?

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Tom_C._Clark

Tom C. Clark

http://en.wikipedia....ark#Controversy

...Controversy

In 1946, fearing for his life, Chicago organized crime leader James M. Ragen contacted Clark through newspaper columnist Drew Pearson to obtain the protection of federal agents in exchange for information. A dozen FBI agents were sent to Chicago to interrogate Ragen. After checking and confirming the details of mob activity provided by Ragen, Tom Clark withdrew Ragen's FBI protection for lack of federal jurisdiction to prosecute the suspects Ragen named. Almost immediately, Ragen was seriously wounded by gunfire. Several suspects were arrested but no one was prosecuted due to the disappearance of some witnesses and the lack of cooperation of others. Ragen's condition was improving after the shooting, but he died suddenly in the hospital of mercury poisoning. Drew Pearson hinted in his syndicated column in October 1963 that Clark had told him that the FBI confirmed Ragen's accusations of Chicago mob control by leading businessmen and politicians. This was confirmed in the posthumous publication, eleven years later, of Drew Pearson's Diaries, 1949–1959; Tom Clark had told Pearson that Ragen stated that Henry Crown, the Hilton Hotels chain, and Walter Annenberg controlled the mob.[8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16]

Despite the disturbing information about Henry Crown, et al, Drew Pearson claimed was provided to him by Clark in 1946, Justice Tom Clark appointed Crown's son, John, as one of two of his 1956 Supreme Court session law clerks.[17] In December, 1963, Chief Justice Earl Warren, acting as head of the newly formed Presidential Commission investigating the death of President Kennedy, suggested that Henry Crown's attorney, Albert E. Jenner, Jr., who also, at that time employed Crown's son, John at Jenner's Chicago law firm, be appointed as a senior assistant Warren Commission counsel. Warren gave his fellow commissioners the names of two men who approved of Jenner's appointment, Tom C Clark and Dean Acheson. [18]

The appointment of Jenner to investigate whether either Oswald or Ruby acted alone or conspired with others remains controversial.[19][20]

Henry Crown and his close friend, Sam Nanini, were reported in March, 1977 to have had relationships with organized crime.[21][22]

As Attorney General, Tom Clark was accused of impropriety in the early parole of convicted Chicago crime boss, Louis Campagna and three others.[23] Sam Nanini wrote a letter in 1947 to the federal bureau of prisons advocating parole for Campagna. [24][25]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ruby

Jack Ruby

http://en.wikipedia....zed_crime_links

Allegations of organized crime links

....Within four hours of Ruby's arrest on November 24, 1963, a telegram sent from La Jolla, CA, was received at the Dallas city jail in support of Jack Ruby, under the names of Hal and Pauline Collins.[11] That telegram supports the Warren Commission exhibit (CE 1510), which names Hal Collins, Jr.[12][13] as a character reference listed by Jack Ruby on a Texas liquor license application.[14] In 1957, Hal Collin's sister, Mary Ann Collins,[15][16] had married Robert L. Clark,[17][18] the brother of former U.S. Attorney General and the then sitting U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Tom C. Clark. Robert L. Clark was the former Dallas law partner of Maury Hughes.[19][20][21] Tom C. Clark advised newspaper columnist Drew Pearson in 1946 that the FBI had verified the claims[22][23] of James M. Ragen that Henry Crown and the Hilton Hotel chain controlled organized crime in Chicago.[24][25][26][27][28][29][30] Tom C. Clark selected Henry Crown's son, John as one of his two Supreme Court law clerks for the 1956 term,[31] and Tom Clark provided one of two recommendations to the Warren Commission to appoint Henry Crown's attorney, Albert E. Jenner, Jr.[32] as a senior assistant investigative counsel responsible for determining whether either Oswald or Ruby acted alone or conspired with others.[33]..

Was the scenario involving James K. Cogswell III, actually a multi agency effort to deflect the HSCA's attention away from ONI? Too many coincidences... Cogswell had been married to the daughter of Will Farish III's inheritance trustee; Farish became GHW Bush's "best friend." De Mohrenshildt's 1942, Washington DC housemate, later Rear Admiral Harry Hull's wife was Cogswell's first cousin. Their landlord, later retired Rear Admiral Paul L. Joachim was brutally shot to death in Oct., 1962. Joachim's step-father was the designer of US Navy codebreakers' first Underwood Code Machine aka the Kata-Kana Typewriter. Carl A. Joerissen became Paul Joachim's stepfather when Paul was 8 years old. Later four star Navy Admiral William K Phillips became Harry Hull's step-uncle when Harry was 13 years old. Cogswell's sister, Theodora, is referred to as being part of the OP, by the HSCA. One of Cogswell's aunts, wife of his uncle, Capt. Francis Cogswell, retired from the CIA in 1954. His other aunt, Bianca Harrington Cogswell, daughter of Admiral James K Cogswell, I, first married a man named Clement, and then married Capt. Donald C. Bingham. When her daughter, Louisa, married Harry Hull, Cogswell's aunt became Harry's mother-in-law. Cogswell III brought Joseph Dryer and his knowledge of De Mohrenschildt to the attention of Dorothe Matlack....

Read the rest of the post I excerpted in the quote box immediately above this sentence. David, where on earth do you come by the confidence it should require to post the opinions of DeMohrenschildt and about the WCR, for that matter, that you posted? All these years you've put into the study of the "investigation" of the murders of JFK and LHO, and yet it still seems you persist in the notion that despite the obvious evidence the WC was created and tasked to reach and report the official conclusions that both JFK and LHO were murdered by gunshot under the noses of armed government personal protection details, earnest researchers can rely on the exhibits and testimony in the volumes of the WCR. You somehow know what is reliable in the WCR and what isn't.

Is it unfair to believe you do not accept that no reliable investigation could have taken place, since the WC was a commission created to present two lone nut shooters as the only culprits?

I have been perusing some documents out of Bruce Campbell Adamson's 11 Volumes on George DeMohrenschildt, and chanced upon a fairly important genealogical chart

which can [from what I can tell] be independently corroborated.

The chart is of the descendants of Reverend Thomas Hooker cited as the founder of Hartford, Connecticut

link is below

http://www.kobobooks...JCCw/page1.html

It is also very odd, depending on how looks at it the career of S. Walter Washington whom, is mentioned at length by Adamson, alleged to be a descendant of the Founding Father, as an integral link to the foreign policy apparatus in the Dmitri Von Mohrenschildt/Allen Dulles relationship....

See

http://www.trumanlib...ashingtonsw.htm

I was really disappointed in how Adamson's visit to the forum a few years back turned out, he had a great opportunity to share

some of his research but caught the ire of several members because he plugged his books.

I will say one thing which is meant as a honest appraisal of Adamson, his books have a lot of value, especially some of the correspondence, ie LBJ/Dulles and a lot more

There is an April 23, 1963 letter he cites as being to Walter Jenkins from Colonel Howard Burris, that is of particular interest.

And particularly interesting connections regarding the elder Tom Slick.......

But I believe the best approach to JFK Research is keeping an eye on the big picture and not getting lost in a sea of information in one area....

After all these years if I had to cite one book I had to choose if I was stuck on a desert island it would be Noel Twyman's Bloody Treason.

The only drawback is the fact Noel didn't have access to documents that hadn't been declassified at the time of his publication, which can be said about any JFK Book, his work is the ultimate example of keeping an eye on the big picture, as compared to some researchers who have a penchant for incriminating a particular individual.

One other item.......the whole pattern for the last five decades of research has been skewed, in one manner to a great degree, in the sense

that many who maintain an interest in the JFK assassination, associate a particular aspect of the assassination with an author or person

instead of documents......

Example Adamson did an incredible amount of research into the history of the Dulles, DeMohrenschildt, AMCOMLIB ie Radio Liberty area, but leaves

out other areas, which may or may not be integral to the overall picture, I cite Adamson just as an example, so the persons who just "keep up with the assassination

cast of characters" will get burned out on hearing for the umpteenth hundred time about Angel and Leopoldo and different takes on who they were,

again just citing an example......

The point being is, that instead of composing a meticulous evidentiary trail of fact, the persons who are trying to delve into and understand the deeper areas

impressions are almost blinded by following opinions of various researchers in key areas, instead of letting the documents speak for themselves,

which is why I have always been big on posting documents or excerpts of documents.....

The fact that I have not written a book and am not a big name, seems to be a real issue for some here, but I have decided to keep on because

the JFK assassination, is one of the most important issues of the 20th Century, and has a real impact on the hows and why's of how things are done in the 21st century....

At any rate

Take the following document and read it and draw your own conclusions as to its importance......

HSCA Segregated CIA Collection, Box 2,

104-10048-10134

DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND MAPS WHICH WERE OBSERVED IN A BRIEFCASE WHICH WAS DETERMINED TO BELONG TO FRANK FIORINI

http://www.maryferre....do?docId=39890

Tell me this guy wasn't in up to his neck.......but....that's just my opinion.

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Tom Scully

...I have been perusing some documents out of Bruce Campbell Adamson's 11 Volumes on George DeMohrenschildt, and chanced upon a fairly important genealogical chart

The chart is of the descendants of Reverend Thomas Hooker cited as the founder of Hartford, Connecticut

link is below

It is also very odd, depending on how looks at it the career of S. Walter Washington whom, is mentioned at length by Adamson, alleged to be a descendant of the Founding Father, as an integral link to the foreign policy apparatus in the Dmitri Von Mohrenschildt/Allen Dulles relationship....

See

I was really disappointed in how Adamson's visit to the forum a few years back turned out, he had a great opportunity to share

some of his research but caught the ire of several members because he plugged his books.

I will say one thing which is meant as a honest appraisal of Adamson, his books have a lot of value, especially some of the correspondence, ie LBJ/Dulles and a lot more

There is an April 23, 1963 letter he cites as being to Walter Jenkins from Colonel Howard Burris, that is of particular interest.

But I believe the best approach to JFK Research is keeping an eye on the big picture and not getting lost in a sea of information in one area....

After all these years if I had to cite one book I had to choose if I was stuck on a desert island it would be Noel Twyman's Bloody Treason.

The only drawback is the fact Noel didn't have access to documents that hadn't been declassified at the time of his publication, which can be said about any JFK Book, his work is the ultimate example of keeping an eye on the big picture, as compared to some researchers who have a penchant for incriminating a particular individual.

One other item.......the whole pattern for the last five decades of research has been skewed, in one manner to a great degree, in the sense

that many who maintain an interest in the JFK assassination, associate a particular aspect of the assassination with an author or person

Example Adamson did an incredible amount of research into the history of the Dulles, DeMohrenschildt, AMCOMLIB ie Radio Liberty area, but leaves

out other areas, which may or may not be integral to the overall picture, I cite Adamson just as an example, so the persons who just "keep up with the assassination

cast of characters" will get burned out on hearing for the umpteenth hundred time about Angel and Leopoldo and different takes on who they were,

The point being is, that instead of composing a meticulous evidentiary trail of fact, the persons who are trying to delve into and understand the deeper areas

impressions are almost blinded by following opinions of various researchers in key areas, instead of letting the documents speak for themselves,

which is why I have always been big on posting documents or excerpts of documents.....

The fact that I have not written a book and am not a big name, seems to be a real issue for some here, but I have decided to keep on because

the JFK assassination, is one of the most important issues of the 20th Century, and has a real impact on the hows and why's of how things are done in the 21st century....

At any rate

Take the following document and read it and draw your own conclusions as to its importance......

104-10048-10134

DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND MAPS WHICH WERE OBSERVED IN A BRIEFCASE WHICH WAS DETERMINED TO BELONG TO FRANK FIORINI

I thought you might be interested in my recent reply in a private exchange related to the details in your post.:

Xxxxxxxxx,

If this is my last sentence you were referring to,

...DeM. was ableto describe the reaction of the Kennedy family and Jackie's family to the murders of JFK and of Oswald. He portrayed himself as not comprehending that he was part of an influence that succeeded in instilling enough fear in JFK's survivors to sweep them aside as adversaries...

My meaning was, (as an example) that I know RFK was aware Albert Jenner was a "mob lawyer." Hearing minutes of a committee he was

counsel on show him going over the testimony of Jenner's client in '53, M. Frank Darling, for the purpose of questioning witnesses in '57 or '58 about the Dorfmans' skimming union assets via their insurance scams.

RFK remarked in late '63 or early '64 that the suspects of interest to the WC investigators read like a list of the people he had investigated

when he was a senate committee counsel. I'm simply saying that even if DeM. was only involved in creating fog by "befriending" Oswald to cover the tracks of the actual assassins and their dispatchers, if he was sincere and forthcoming in his manuscript, it follows that he must have been ignorant about the consequences of his involvement with Lee and Marina. I firmly believe RFK stood down, probably because he felt overwhelmed by emotion and intimidation. He was Attorney General and he couldn't raise an objection to the appointment of Albert Jenner on the WC, or about Warren chairing it? Warren was close to Knowland, the man who exposed Paul Ziffren in 1958. Warren's daughter was expected by many to marry Conrad Hilton as she traveled the world with him, attended every domestic new Hilton property opening, and with her parents, socialized often with him. Hilton's partner and Jenner's principle client, Henry Crown, introduced Warren's daughter to the Queen of England. The daughter was described as being at the private event "inexplicably" at the Empire State Building.

RFK had to know that Ziffren, Bazelon, Arvey, Crwon, Hilton, Albert Jenner, Tom Clark, and Earl Warren were tainted enough by their mob association to be unfit to investigate for example, Jack Ruby. The year after the WCR was published, Earl Warren appointed Ziffren's son, Kenneth as his law clerk, Ziffren about his WCR concerns and permitted him to write Warren's opinions, a more common occurance delegated to clerks today, but not in 1966. RFK stood down; walked away to attack it all from another angle, but look at the result. RFK is dead, much of the WCR is still seriously regarded.

You mentioned Adamson...what do you make of this?

http://www.ciajfk.com/harry.html

.......ADAMSON responds all I desire is CREDIT for My research. ....Mr. Hoch has worked for Peter Dale Scott another Berkeley Professor who wrote an article saying that de Mohrenschildt's father-in-law was one Wm. Stix Wasserman, which is again MISINFORMATION, de Mohrenschildt's father-in-law it turns out was in charge of 250 CIA agents 10 years before the JFK Assassination and his name was Samuel Walter Washington. The CIA has a way of misinforming everyone! ...

I do not know what to make of Bruce C. Adamson and his "work." Mary Ferrell noted that Phyliss Washington was the daughter of S. Walter Washington's wife, Simone, and....Wasserman. Wasserman was the spouse of Simone's sister, Marion Fleis©hman Wasserman.

Here is a portion of the resume of their brother, B. Wilfrid Fleishman:

49 - The MaryFerrell Foundation

- 12:22am

Mary Ferrell Foundation - preserving the legacy ... Daughter of Simone Fleischer and Bill Wasserman (New York banker). Adopted by ...

www.maryferrell.org/.../advancedResults.do?...CIA...MARYSDB...

B. Wilfrid Fleishman:

Pan-Pacific who's who

George F. Nellist - 1941 - Snippet view

Correspondent for Japan Advertiser, Tokyo, and New York World with AEF in Siberia 1918- 19; United Press Assn. Paris Bureau, 1921-23; United Press correspondent at Second League of Nations Assembly, Geneva, 1922; business manager Japan....

Who's who in the South and Southwest: Volume 4

No cover image

1954 - Snippet view

Greta Sundberg. May 10, 1023; children— Eric Wilfrid, Renita Saga. Frederic lElliott. Corr. of Japan 'Advertiser and NY World with AEF in Siberia. 1018-10; with Paris Bur. I'nited Press Assn. (eorr. at 2d League Assembly. Geneva. ...

books.google.com - More editions - Add to My Library▼

Who's who in Japan: Volume 21

1940 - Snippet view

Tel. Honkyoku 1605. Japan Advertiser ; correspondent N Y. Herald Tribune for Japan; b. Nov. 20, 1897, Philadelphia, Pa., USA; s. of BW Fleisher (qv) ; m. Greta Sundberg of Stockholm, Sweden. ... FLEISHER, Wilfred Journalist; managing .

Their father Benjamin Fleishman owned the Japan Advertiser in Japan from 1908 to 1940.:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&q=Japan%20Advertiser%20william%20friedman&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=pw&psj=1#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&q=%22*engagement+was+announced+today+of+Mrs.+Simone+%22++&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=%22*engagement+was+announced+today+of+Mrs.+Simone+%22++&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=784f124b20a3947b

MRS. SIMONE STECKER BETROTHED IN ORIENT; Daaghter of Publisher of Japan Advertiser Will Be Wed to Samuel W. Washington,

Special Cable to THE NEW YORK TIMSB. ();

August 25, 1933,

The engagement was announced today of Mrs. Simone Stecker of Philadelphia, the youngest daughter of BW Fleisher, publisher In Japan, to Samuel Walter

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22s.+walter+washington%22+finnish+legation&um=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=pw#hl=en&ds=n&sugexp=llsfp&pq=%22s.%20walter%20washington%22%20stockholm&xhr=t&q=%22s.+walter+washington%22+stockholm&cp=38&qe=InMuIHdhbHRlciB3YXNoaW5ndG9uIiBzdG9ja2hvbG0gOSoqLSs&qesig=_gSUvb03HELlZ9OF4QjpIQ&pkc=AFgZ2tlkUxp1BB8xhyd5nVooC70CZmf8iOesvG41JSfKOyHstAzcaFQ2i8vxG5vBr7bHEKfGLbHdnE_Ovcdt7DJH3BapqZGoeA&pf=p&sclient=psy&tbs=nws:1%2Car%3A1&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=%22s.+walter+washington%22+stockholm+9**-%2B&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=784f124b20a3947b

MRS. BENJAMIN FLEISHER

- New York Times - Jan 15, 1942

Announcement was made here last night of the death on Monday in Beverly Hills, Calif., of Mrs. Blanche Fleisher, wife of Benjamin W. Fleisher, forer owner of The Japan Advertiser of Tokyo and mother of Wilfrid Fleisher, former Tokyo correspondent of The New York Herald Tribune. ]W-rs. Flei-sher, who was 67 years old, had been living in Beverly Hills since she and her husband returned from Japan in November. Besides her husband and son she leaves two daughters , Mrs. Marion Wasser-man of Philadelphia and Mrs. S. Walter Washington, wife of an American diplomat stationed in Stockholm.

I submit that Wm. S. Wasserman used his friend to participate in a cover up marriage to mask Wasserman's indiscretion.:

Alumni directory: Volume 2

Yale University - 1942 - Snippet view

NY L Sheldon, George William (AB), c/o Shearman & Sterling, 55 Wall Street, New York, NY в Sheppard, Ernest Mendenhall (AB), ... Regency Club, 15 E. 67th Street, New York, NY в Stecker, Philip Jack, c/o Wasserman, White Marsh, Pa.

Are you impressed with the thoroughness of questioner, Albert Jenner here,,,,or with "witness" DeM.?:

http://www.jfk-assassination.de/warren/wch/vol9/page192.php

(Testimony of George S. De Mohrenschildt)

...Page 192

Mr. De.

MOHRENSCHILDT. 1946, 1947. I stayed there, I think, about 3 1/2 years, something like that. 3 years, maybe.

Mr. Jenner.

Now, at this time you met and married your second wife, did you not?

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes.

Mr. Jenner.

Phyllis Washington?

Mr. Jenner.

Now, tell us about that a little bit.

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. I went on a vacation to New York, met a very pretty girl, and she was willing to follow me in the wilderness of Colorado, which she did. She was young and a little bit wild. But very, very attractive and adventurous. And she came with me to Colorado--without being married.

Her father was with the State Department, Walter Washington.

But I didn't know him.

Mr. Jenner.

She was an adopted child?

Mr. Jenner.

Her name originally was Wasserman?

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; something like that. And she was a beautiful girl who decided to come to Colorado with me. She stayed with me, we fell in love. She created a terrible confusion in Colorado. Imagine an international beauty with bikinis. I don't know if it is for the record. With bikinis, walking around the oil fields. But she was a wonderful girl, wonderful girl. She gave up the possibility of going to Spain, where her father was appointed charged d' affaires at the time...

http://www.jfk-assassination.de/warren/wch/vol9/page272.php

pg 272

Mr. Jenner.

Did you ever know your wife Phyllis' parents, Simone Fleischer--Simone Fleischer Washington and Jack Stecker?

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. No; I didn't know her real father. But I met her stepfather--Walter Washington Stecker.

Mr. Jenner.

She was the daughter of Simone Fleischer, and was adopted by Walter Washington?

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes....

So, Bruce C. Adamson and Jenner and DeM. all wanted to avoid an in depth examination of Phyllis Washington's parentage?

Here is her mother Simone's niece, daughter of Wilfrid Fleischman: (Wilfrid is also the brother of Wm. Stix Wasserman's wife, Marion.)

The Blue Book: Leaders of the English-Speaking World

Thomson Gale - 1973 - 1586 pages - Snippet view

Wife: Greta, nee Sundberg. American. Children: Benita, Baroness Claes Ramel; Eric; Frederic. Address: 18 Sturegatan, Stockholm, Sweden.

By the late 1940's, passenger ship and airline manifests show that Baron Sten Goddert Wrede, husband in 1925 of Alida Fitzgerald, the granddaughter of St. Luke's hospital benefactress Mary Ann Fitzgerald, who was the daugher of Riverside/Harlem landowner Eli White (Mary Ann Fitzgerald's income came primarily from ownership of her late husband's Fitzgerald building in Longacre Square (near the NY Times Building)...and the best man of DeM. in his 1943 wedding with the 18 years old Dorothy Pierson, was described in those manifests as a Swedish diplomat.

I strongly suspect CIA, Albert Jenner and George DeM. did not want you are I to know anything clear about the above relationships and backgrounds. We must take a hard look at what has been omitted or obscured and confused, but it tends to lessen our understanding.

I submit I have less understanding about all of this than you do, Xxxxxxxx. A parting snippet about the possible DeM. father-in-law, Wasserman.:

DeM. putting on a show, with Albert Jenner, said:

Investigation of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy: ...: Volume 9

United States. Warren Commission - 1964 - Snippet view

We became very good friends with the other side of her family, the Wassermans, very interesting people who are still good friends of mine. Bill Wasserman is a banker in New York, used to be Ambassador to Australia during the Roosevelt ...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,883214,00.html

MARKETS: Prewar Suggestion

Monday, Apr. 24, 1939

...The kind of international banker who, during crises, will spend a day at transatlantic telephoning, Bill Wasserman since the first of the year has traveled 18,000 miles, poking his head into various high places in search of useful information. At No. 10 Downing Street, London, in the office of Neville Chamberlain's economic adviser, Sir Horace Wilson, Banker Wasserman engaged in a conversation that last week proved highly interesting to the U. S. According to Mr. Wasserman, Sir Horace told him that at the outbreak of war the British Government would take over all the U. S. securities held by its nationals, use them as it saw fit. The Philadelphian discussed with Sir Horace the advantage of having them taken over at a "fair price" by some such U. S. agency as RFC, left the matter there....

...There followed conferences with Chairman Jones, SECommissioner Jerome Frank, Secretary of Agriculture Wallace, Secretary of the Treasury Morgenthau. Last week, after a highly secret conference in his Manhattan office, Mr. Wasserman's proposal burst as a page-one newspaper story in fairly definite form: RFC would put up the money with which a consortium of U. S. investment trusts would absorb foreign holdings in an orderly manner as soon as war broke.

Shocked isolationists interpreted this scheme as an attempt to circumvent the Johnson Act by making a disguised Government war loan to the Democracies....

...Despite all these denials, observers were not certain that the Wasserman trial balloon was not destined to reappear in one form or another. Said William Stix Wasserman, good-naturedly: "While there were no commitments on either side I had been sufficiently convinced of their friendly interest to feel that further work toward wartime market stability would not be wholly wasted."

I would not be surprised to learn that Mr. Stecker was acquainted with the Golds, Zapruder, and Jean Legon DeM.:

LOW-END WOOLENS SEEN IN BIG SUPPLY; Quality Material to Be...

$3.95 - New York Times - Jun 13, 1946

P. Jack Stecker, Lansburgh Bro., Washington, DC, who presided at the meeting, said that fall apparel allotments seem fairly good, but urged that greater ...

Many sites displaying the transcript of the WC testimony of DeM. do not include his references to his friend Bill Wasserman because

"RIGHT SIDE OF PAGE IS CUT OFF.f".: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/demohr_g.htm

If I was a suspicious person, I would think that the cut off is intentional.....

-Tom

...I have been perusing some documents out of Bruce Campbell Adamson's 11 Volumes on George DeMohrenschildt, and chanced upon a fairly important genealogical chart

link is below

See

At any rate

104-10048-10134

I thought you might be interested in my recent reply in a private exchange related to the details in your post.:

Xxxxxxxxx,

If this is my last sentence you were referring to,

...DeM. was ableto describe the reaction of the Kennedy family and Jackie's family to the murders of JFK and of Oswald. He portrayed himself as not comprehending that he was part of an influence that succeeded in instilling enough fear in JFK's survivors to sweep them aside as adversaries...

My meaning was, (as an example) that I know RFK was aware Albert Jenner was a "mob lawyer." Hearing minutes of a committee he was

counsel on show him going over the testimony of Jenner's client in '53, M. Frank Darling, for the purpose of questioning witnesses in '57 or '58 about the Dorfmans' skimming union assets via their insurance scams.

RFK remarked in late '63 or early '64 that the suspects of interest to the WC investigators read like a list of the people he had investigated

when he was a senate committee counsel. I'm simply saying that even if DeM. was only involved in creating fog by "befriending" Oswald to cover the tracks of the actual assassins and their dispatchers, if he was sincere and forthcoming in his manuscript, it follows that he must have been ignorant about the consequences of his involvement with Lee and Marina. I firmly believe RFK stood down, probably because he felt overwhelmed by emotion and intimidation. He was Attorney General and he couldn't raise an objection to the appointment of Albert Jenner on the WC, or about Warren chairing it? Warren was close to Knowland, the man who exposed Paul Ziffren in 1958. Warren's daughter was expected by many to marry Conrad Hilton as she traveled the world with him, attended every domestic new Hilton property opening, and with her parents, socialized often with him. Hilton's partner and Jenner's principle client, Henry Crown, introduced Warren's daughter to the Queen of England. The daughter was described as being at the private event "inexplicably" at the Empire State Building.

RFK had to know that Ziffren, Bazelon, Arvey, Crwon, Hilton, Albert Jenner, Tom Clark, and Earl Warren were tainted enough by their mob association to be unfit to investigate for example, Jack Ruby. The year after the WCR was published, Earl Warren appointed Ziffren's son, Kenneth as his law clerk, Ziffren about his WCR concerns and permitted him to write Warren's opinions, a more common occurance delegated to clerks today, but not in 1966. RFK stood down; walked away to attack it all from another angle, but look at the result. RFK is dead, much of the WCR is still seriously regarded.

You mentioned Adamson...what do you make of this?

http://www.ciajfk.com/harry.html

.......ADAMSON responds all I desire is CREDIT for My research. ....Mr. Hoch has worked for Peter Dale Scott another Berkeley Professor who wrote an article saying that de Mohrenschildt's father-in-law was one Wm. Stix Wasserman, which is again MISINFORMATION, de Mohrenschildt's father-in-law it turns out was in charge of 250 CIA agents 10 years before the JFK Assassination and his name was Samuel Walter Washington. The CIA has a way of misinforming everyone! ...

I do not know what to make of Bruce C. Adamson and his "work." Mary Ferrell noted that Phyliss Washington was the daughter of S. Walter Washington's wife, Simone, and....Wasserman. Wasserman was the spouse of Simone's sister, Marion Fleis©hman Wasserman.

Here is a portion of the resume of their brother, B. Wilfrid Fleishman:

49 - The MaryFerrell Foundation

- 12:22am

Mary Ferrell Foundation - preserving the legacy ... Daughter of Simone Fleischer and Bill Wasserman (New York banker). Adopted by ...

www.maryferrell.org/.../advancedResults.do?...CIA...MARYSDB...

B. Wilfrid Fleishman:

Pan-Pacific who's who

George F. Nellist - 1941 - Snippet view

Correspondent for Japan Advertiser, Tokyo, and New York World with AEF in Siberia 1918- 19; United Press Assn. Paris Bureau, 1921-23; United Press correspondent at Second League of Nations Assembly, Geneva, 1922; business manager Japan....

Who's who in the South and Southwest: Volume 4

No cover image

1954 - Snippet view

Greta Sundberg. May 10, 1023; children— Eric Wilfrid, Renita Saga. Frederic lElliott. Corr. of Japan 'Advertiser and NY World with AEF in Siberia. 1018-10; with Paris Bur. I'nited Press Assn. (eorr. at 2d League Assembly. Geneva. ...

books.google.com - More editions - Add to My Library▼

Who's who in Japan: Volume 21

1940 - Snippet view

Tel. Honkyoku 1605. Japan Advertiser ; correspondent N Y. Herald Tribune for Japan; b. Nov. 20, 1897, Philadelphia, Pa., USA; s. of BW Fleisher (qv) ; m. Greta Sundberg of Stockholm, Sweden. ... FLEISHER, Wilfred Journalist; managing .

Their father Benjamin Fleishman owned the Japan Advertiser in Japan from 1908 to 1940.:

http://www.google.co...84f124b20a3947b

MRS. SIMONE STECKER BETROTHED IN ORIENT; Daaghter of Publisher of Japan Advertiser Will Be Wed to Samuel W. Washington,

Special Cable to THE NEW YORK TIMSB. ();

August 25, 1933,

The engagement was announced today of Mrs. Simone Stecker of Philadelphia, the youngest daughter of BW Fleisher, publisher In Japan, to Samuel Walter

http://www.google.co...84f124b20a3947b

MRS. BENJAMIN FLEISHER

- New York Times - Jan 15, 1942

Announcement was made here last night of the death on Monday in Beverly Hills, Calif., of Mrs. Blanche Fleisher, wife of Benjamin W. Fleisher, forer owner of The Japan Advertiser of Tokyo and mother of Wilfrid Fleisher, former Tokyo correspondent of The New York Herald Tribune. ]W-rs. Flei-sher, who was 67 years old, had been living in Beverly Hills since she and her husband returned from Japan in November. Besides her husband and son she leaves two daughters , Mrs. Marion Wasser-man of Philadelphia and Mrs. S. Walter Washington, wife of an American diplomat stationed in Stockholm.

I submit that Wm. S. Wasserman used his friend to participate in a cover up marriage to mask Wasserman's indiscretion.:

Alumni directory: Volume 2

Yale University - 1942 - Snippet view

NY L Sheldon, George William (AB), c/o Shearman & Sterling, 55 Wall Street, New York, NY в Sheppard, Ernest Mendenhall (AB), ... Regency Club, 15 E. 67th Street, New York, NY в Stecker, Philip Jack, c/o Wasserman, White Marsh, Pa.

Are you impressed with the thoroughness of questioner, Albert Jenner here,,,,or with "witness" DeM.?:

http://www.jfk-assas...ol9/page192.php

(Testimony of George S. De Mohrenschildt)

...Page 192

Mr. De.

MOHRENSCHILDT. 1946, 1947. I stayed there, I think, about 3 1/2 years, something like that. 3 years, maybe.

Mr. Jenner.

Now, at this time you met and married your second wife, did you not?

Mr. Jenner.

Phyllis Washington?

Mr. Jenner.

Now, tell us about that a little bit.

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. I went on a vacation to New York, met a very pretty girl, and she was willing to follow me in the wilderness of Colorado, which she did. She was young and a little bit wild. But very, very attractive and adventurous. And she came with me to Colorado--without being married.

Her father was with the State Department, Walter Washington.

But I didn't know him.

Mr. Jenner.

She was an adopted child?

Mr. Jenner.

Her name originally was Wasserman?

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes; something like that. And she was a beautiful girl who decided to come to Colorado with me. She stayed with me, we fell in love. She created a terrible confusion in Colorado. Imagine an international beauty with bikinis. I don't know if it is for the record. With bikinis, walking around the oil fields. But she was a wonderful girl, wonderful girl. She gave up the possibility of going to Spain, where her father was appointed charged d' affaires at the time...

http://www.jfk-assas...ol9/page272.php

pg 272

Mr. Jenner.

Did you ever know your wife Phyllis' parents, Simone Fleischer--Simone Fleischer Washington and Jack Stecker?

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. No; I didn't know her real father. But I met her stepfather--Walter Washington Stecker.

Mr. Jenner.

She was the daughter of Simone Fleischer, and was adopted by Walter Washington?

Mr. DE MOHRENSCHILDT. Yes....

So, Bruce C. Adamson and Jenner and DeM. all wanted to avoid an in depth examination of Phyllis Washington's parentage?

Here is her mother Simone's niece, daughter of Wilfrid Fleischman: (Wilfrid is also the brother of Wm. Stix Wasserman's wife, Marion.)

The Blue Book: Leaders of the English-Speaking World

Thomson Gale - 1973 - 1586 pages - Snippet view

Wife: Greta, nee Sundberg. American. Children: Benita, Baroness Claes Ramel; Eric; Frederic. Address: 18 Sturegatan, Stockholm, Sweden.

By the late 1940's, passenger ship and airline manifests show that Baron Sten Goddert Wrede, husband in 1925 of Alida Fitzgerald, the granddaughter of St. Luke's hospital benefactress Mary Ann Fitzgerald, who was the daugher of Riverside/Harlem landowner Eli White (Mary Ann Fitzgerald's income came primarily from ownership of her late husband's Fitzgerald building in Longacre Square (near the NY Times Building)...and the best man of DeM. in his 1943 wedding with the 18 years old Dorothy Pierson, was described in those manifests as a Swedish diplomat.

I strongly suspect CIA, Albert Jenner and George DeM. did not want you are I to know anything clear about the above relationships and backgrounds. We must take a hard look at what has been omitted or obscured and confused, but it tends to lessen our understanding.

I submit I have less understanding about all of this than you do, Xxxxxxxx. A parting snippet about the possible DeM. father-in-law, Wasserman.:

DeM. putting on a show, with Albert Jenner, said:

Investigation of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy: ...: Volume 9

United States. Warren Commission - 1964 - Snippet view

We became very good friends with the other side of her family, the Wassermans, very interesting people who are still good friends of mine. Bill Wasserman is a banker in New York, used to be Ambassador to Australia during the Roosevelt ...

http://www.time.com/...,883214,00.html

MARKETS: Prewar Suggestion

Monday, Apr. 24, 1939

...The kind of international banker who, during crises, will spend a day at transatlantic telephoning, Bill Wasserman since the first of the year has traveled 18,000 miles, poking his head into various high places in search of useful information. At No. 10 Downing Street, London, in the office of Neville Chamberlain's economic adviser, Sir Horace Wilson, Banker Wasserman engaged in a conversation that last week proved highly interesting to the U. S. According to Mr. Wasserman, Sir Horace told him that at the outbreak of war the British Government would take over all the U. S. securities held by its nationals, use them as it saw fit. The Philadelphian discussed with Sir Horace the advantage of having them taken over at a "fair price" by some such U. S. agency as RFC, left the matter there....

...There followed conferences with Chairman Jones, SECommissioner Jerome Frank, Secretary of Agriculture Wallace, Secretary of the Treasury Morgenthau. Last week, after a highly secret conference in his Manhattan office, Mr. Wasserman's proposal burst as a page-one newspaper story in fairly definite form: RFC would put up the money with which a consortium of U. S. investment trusts would absorb foreign holdings in an orderly manner as soon as war broke.

Shocked isolationists interpreted this scheme as an attempt to circumvent the Johnson Act by making a disguised Government war loan to the Democracies....

...Despite all these denials, observers were not certain that the Wasserman trial balloon was not destined to reappear in one form or another. Said William Stix Wasserman, good-naturedly: "While there were no commitments on either side I had been sufficiently convinced of their friendly interest to feel that further work toward wartime market stability would not be wholly wasted."

I would not be surprised to learn that Mr. Stecker was acquainted with the Golds, Zapruder, and Jean Legon DeM.:

LOW-END WOOLENS SEEN IN BIG SUPPLY; Quality Material to Be...

$3.95 - New York Times - Jun 13, 1946

P. Jack Stecker, Lansburgh Bro., Washington, DC, who presided at the meeting, said that fall apparel allotments seem fairly good, but urged that greater ...

Many sites displaying the transcript of the WC testimony of DeM. do not include his references to his friend Bill Wasserman because

"RIGHT SIDE OF PAGE IS CUT OFF.f".: http://mcadams.posc....ny/demohr_g.htm

If I was a suspicious person, I would think that the cut off is intentional.....

-Tom

Well, it seems that one of the problems about all the relationships is that they are only as important as to the circumstances and degree of importance

they occupy in terms of the big question......Which shall not be broached....

I had mentioned a URL earlier on the GDM, thread I believe about Hooker genealogy, that apparently you didn't see or.....

At any rate, my point on all of this is to take a big picture look at all of the individuals, and even look at the circumstances in a geographical context

Florida is obviously a big fertile area ie Palm Beach Wasserman's...

Keep in mind the KEYES Realty/JMWAVE Belcher connection......

All of these years later William Smathers and Murray Chotiner to me, are potentially candidates for solving the grey area in that imbroglio...

See Dirty Business Ovid Demaris pages 338-341

Other items

Backstage Backer

Lew R and Edith Wasserman, The man who helped make a star of Ronald Reagan has for decades

also been the Democrat's dream come true. Even at age 84, the retired chairman of MCA and his wife continue to channel million to the Democratic Party....

It wasn't always so. Quiet during Joe McCarthy's Hollywood persecutions, Wasserman became active only after union-busting Attorney General

told him he couldn't continue to run both Universal Studios and his MCA talent agency which had purchased the movie factory. (Wasserman chose the studio)

from Mother Jones Magazine May-June 1997

Commission Document 549 - FBI Hashman Report of 06 Mar 1964 re: DeMohrenschildts

http://www.maryferre...948&relPageId=2

No record located Aspen or Denver of subjects marriage to Phyliss Marie Seant Washington

FBI Files on George DeMohrenschildt, Batch 03 pg 130

Found in: FBI - George DeMohrenschildt Files

WFO AT STATE DEPARTMENT PERSONNEL OFFICE DETERMINE PRESENT ADDRESS OF WASHINGTONS STEPFATHER C. WALTER WASHINGTON WHO WAS IN DIPLOMATIC SERVICE WILL INTERVIEW C WALTER WASHINGTON OR WIFE SIMONE FLEISHER

(UNDATED)

http://www.maryferre...9&relPageId=130

George Smathers died, aged 93, at Indian Creek Village, an exclusive island community outside Miami, on 20th January, 2007.

South Florida Sun-Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - January 22, 2007

Deceased Name: FORMER U.S. SEN. GEORGE SMATHERS DIES AT 93

SOUTH FLORIDA DEMOCRAT LEFT OFFICE IN 1969

Former U.S. Sen. George A. Smathers, a dashing South Florida politician who forged friendships with presidents, waged war against communism, resisted civil rights legislation and was an early voice cautioning of Fidel Castro's rise to power in Cuba, died Saturday. He was 93.

The Democrat, who served two terms in the U.S. House and three in the Senate, had a stroke Monday, said his son, Bruce. He lived in Indian Creek Village, an island community outside Miami.

Sen. Smathers was among a group of congressmen -- along with John F. Kennedy and Richard M. Nixon -- who arrived on Capitol Hill in the late 1940s with a worldliness that few before them brought. Shaped by World War II duty in the Marines, Sen. Smathers used his more than two decades in Washington to focus on international issues and fight the spread of communism.

The senator was a political force who managed to unseat familiar faces, attract the ears of the powerful and stake out a place as a moderate. But by the time Sen. Smathers left office in 1969 -- at his own choosing -- some dismissed his legislative achievements as much less impressive than his Rolodex.

Former U.S. Rep. Clay Shaw of Fort Lauderdale knew Sen. Smathers only casually but said he helped the state and nation through turbulent times.

"I think George Smathers did a great job for the state of Florida," Shaw, a Republican, said. "I would have to guess if he were to enter politics today that he would be a Republican."

Charming and 6-foot-2, so dapper in his tailored suits that his opponents took to calling him "Gorgeous George," Sen. Smathers seemed to win friends wherever he went.

At Kennedy's wedding rehearsal dinner, Sen. Smathers spoke on behalf of the groom. When Lyndon Johnson suffered his first heart attack, Sen. Smathers was at his side.

And when Nixon sought a refuge from the White House, it was Sen. Smathers who sold him his Key Biscayne home.

Like many other Southern Democrats, Sen. Smathers coddled segregationist white voters. He supported voting rights for blacks but sought to weaken other equal rights measures or opposed them, as he did with the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He said such matters were better left in the hands of the people.

"I don't like bigotry and intolerance," he said, according to a 1999 biography. "But they do exist and I don't think you're going to get them out by passing laws."

He opposed Thurgood Marshall's nomination to the Supreme Court. He called the Brown vs. Board of Education decision a "clear abuse of judicial power." And when the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was jailed in St. Augustine, Sen. Smathers offered to pay King's bail, but only if he left the state.

While such positions led some to call Sen. Smathers a racist -- those who knew him insist he was simply trying to keep his job -- his expertise on Latin America made him an early advocate for the people of that region, if for nothing more than to quash communism's expansion.

Sen. Smathers pushed the Alliance for Progress, which pumped billions of dollars in additional aid to the region, and was among the earliest and loudest voices cautioning of Castro's communist leanings, urging a hard-line approach to Cuba and a total embargo.

"We have a moral as well as a legal responsibility to pursue a policy that will lead to Castro's downfall," he once said.

George Armistead Smathers was born Nov. 13, 1913, in Atlantic City, N.J., son of a federal judge. His family moved to Miami when he was 6. He attended Miami Senior High School, where he ran for student body president and, like every other election he entered, won.

After earning undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Florida, Sen. Smathers was an assistant U.S. district attorney, then entered the Marines. After his discharge, he unseated a four-term congressman in 1946.

His Senate race four years later was among the most contentious in Florida's history.

The congressman badgered incumbent Sen. Claude Pepper on his support of civil rights and labeled him a communist sympathizer. But his most celebrated remarks -- innocuous declarations intended to appear scandalous to less educated audiences -- might have never been uttered.

"Do you know that Claude Pepper is known all over Washington as a shameless extrovert?" Sen. Smathers was quoted as saying. "Not only that, but this man is reliably reported to practice nepotism with his sister-in-law and he has a sister who was once a thespian in wicked New York. Worst of all, it is an established fact that Sen. Pepper, before his marriage, habitually practiced celibacy."

Sen. Smathers denied ever making those remarks. He offered a $10,000 reward to anyone who could prove he did, but no one could.

Sen. Smathers helped pass bills to create Medicare, the Small Business Administration and Everglades National Park. He pushed for federal holidays to be moved to Mondays, essentially creating the modern three-day weekend.

After leaving office in 1969, he made a fortune through lobbying and varied business ventures. He gave tens of millions of dollars to his alma mater, the University of Florida, and to the University of Miami.

Sen. Smathers' first marriage, to the former Rosemary Townley, ended in divorce; she died in 2002.

He is survived by his second wife, the former Carolyn Hyder, to whom he had been married since the early 1970s; his son Bruce, a former Florida secretary of state who lives in Jacksonville; son John, of Arlington, Va.; a sister, Virginia Myers, of Coral Gables; and three grandchildren.

A funeral service is scheduled for Jan. 29 at the Church by the Sea in Bal Harbour. Instead of flowers, the family is requesting that donations be made to the Fisher House Foundation, which provides support to U.S. military personnel and their families.

Staff Writer Brian Haas contributed to this report.

I don't believe Smathers was JFK's close friend, literally.......

I think he was another backstabber......FWIW

Re Adamson's suspicion of Hoch.......

Casting stones at other researchers is a lose/lose proposition...

Unless you have an airtight case; a persons focus should be on getting to the center of the nexus

of the assassination, not creating or embellishing circumstances that seem odd

Does that mean blindly trust everybody's research...No

It means knowing your subject matter so well that, that sort of thing is not a problem to the individual

doing research.

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Tom Scully

Several things, Robert...

I noted the Hooker genealogy link you posted and I will post some comments related to that subject, soon, I hope. I was deep into that area of research just about two years ago, and I'll have to bring myself up to speed again. I knew who Edw G. Hooker was not related to directly, I certainly had a grasp of that.

I have a genealogical diagram on the Wm. Stix Wasserman and S. Walter Washington inlaws, the Fleis©hers. It is pretty narrow. I also know that Stix's father, Joseph died in 1937> I'll look for more about that family.

The Fleishers are intriguing. Phyliss's uncle Wilfrid is a major journalist of his time, quite possibly the preeminent eyes and ears of FDR in late 30's Japan, he has a niece who was married to DeMohrenschildt, and I don't see that he wrote a sentence about DeM. or about the assassination. He also had a son in the CIA, as well as his brother-in-law, S. Walter Washington.

Simone and Wilfrid's father Benajamin W., up and left his successful Philly worsted wool mill business to....(rather odd, IMO)

http://fleisher.org/about/fleisher-bio.php

...until Moyer’s retirement in 1884, at which point younger brother Benjamin W. Fleisher joined the partnership, soon to be known as S. B. and B. W. Fleisher Manufacturing. Samuel Stewart Fleisher, Simon’s son, joined the family business after his graduation from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School in 1892, and was soon appointed vice-president of the company....

A family with a history of social and cultural activism:...

...Samuel's elder brother Benjamin went to Japan in 1907 and there took over The Japan Advertiser — which under his direction became Asia's leading English-language newspaper. With the advent of the Second World War, Benjamin was forced to sell the paper in 1940 and return to the United States....

Benjamin W. had 4 siblings but only he and his sister, Theresa married. His daughter, Marion married Stix Wasserman, rumored to be involved with OSS/CIA. Son Wilfrid had a son in CIA and probably his father Benjamin and Wilfrid himself worked as covert intelligence agents. Other daughter Simone married CIA agent Washington, and her daughter Phyliss married spook DeMohrenschildt.

In 1958, Phyliss was in the midst of a messy divorce in Fairfield County, CT. Her husband, Charles Clucas accused her of alcoholism and abusing him. She petitioned the court to change her name back to De Mohrenschildt.

And yes, Robert, Smathers seemed to me to be a poor choice as a close friend of JFK. So did Ben Bradlee, and Prescott Bush's protege, Charles L. Bartlett of Jupiter Island. The background of Bill Walton makes him suspect in my mind, as well. Walton went after Whittaker Chambers, his superior at Time Life and then he helped Alger Hiss. He was a friend of the mother (Gladys Tartiere) of the Pat Hoy and Kupcinet sponsor, Byfield, and with that connection, he set up the leasing of Glen Ora, which I somehow think put JFK under close surveillance by Crown/Hoy/Korshak/Humphreys, at least at the time of the Bay of Pigs and Crown's bidding for TFX.

“Sep. 1976, Sergei [sic] DeMohrenschildt was subjected to nine electro-shock treatments at Parkland Hospital under orders given by Doctor DeLoach …first cousin of FBI Assistant Director Cartha ‘Deke’ DeLoach. DeMohrenschildt’s doctor of record’, Dr. Mendoza, ordered administration of intravenous drugs on DeMohrenschildt being committed to Parkland Hospital for mental problems’ but, it was DeLoach that ordered electro-shock therapy. This occurred when George Bush was Director of Central Intelligence …and, within weeks of DeMohrenschildt having written a manuscript, entitled, I Am A Patsy! I Am A Patsy! …which named names of various CIA and FBI personnel who framed Oswald to cover their tracks in JFK’s assassination."

Dr. DeLoach

Dr. Mendoza

Have these guys ever turned up in any MKULTRA intriques?

I'm also drawn to the US Army Inspector Generals Report on the Use of Human Subject in Chemical Agent Research, which lists Army contracts with affiliated institutions and doctors.

DeMohrenschildt's manuscript is extremely important, not only in giving us DeMohrenschildt's presumed mental state and memory at the time, but because of its details of how Oswald came to meet the Paines, supposidly a coincidental hapenstance, and the roles of J. Walton Moore of the CIA's Domestic Contacts Division and retired Adml. Chester Brouton, whose specialty was nuclear sub communications and worked at Collins Radio. (April 10, 1963, Walker/Thresher, and JFCOTT).

"I'm a Patsy!, I'm a Patsy!" is published in its entirity in the HSCA volumes.

Also make note of the fact that the rifle was sent to a PO box in Dallas and Alexandra DeMohrn Taylor and husband were listed on PO box application and may have had access to it.

BK

George deM's wife Jeanne, I think it is, was born in Harbin, Manchuria the headquarters for Anastase Vonsiatsky for about 35-40 years. Anastase was featured in the "novel"

The Manchurian Candidate by Richard Condon and in The Russian Fascists by Prof. John J. Stephan. He was jailed in 1942 for violations of The Espionage Act of 1917. George's

favorite pseudonym was Philip Harbin or "I love Harbin." Vonsiatsky ran every Nazi spy in North America according to Charles Higham in American Swastika which would have

included Baron Constantine de Maydell, George's cousin and even George himself. Both Georgie boy and Annie used The Coudert Brothers law firm in Paris and NYC and attended

the ROCOR Church off Park Ave in New York from the 1920's forward. MKULTRA used the Man Cand training techniques on unsuspecting subjects. So the answer is YES.