The Education Forum

Survivor's Guilt: The Secret Service & The Failure To Protect The President

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ntMfe95Js

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ntMfe95Js&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ntMfe95Js&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ntMfe95Js&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

vince palamara

God Bless Barack Obama, "Sully" Sullenberger, the memory of JFK, John Simkin, and the Nation :lol:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ntMfe95Js&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ntMfe95Js&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ntMfe95Js&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

vince palamara

God Bless Barack Obama, "Sully" Sullenberger, the memory of JFK, John Simkin, and the Nation :lol:

Vince, I found an unusual quote regarding the SS that you may also find of interest. It comes from Breaking Cover, a 1980 book written by Bill Gulley, who worked in the White House Military Office in the 1960's and 70's. Gulley relates that "It was apparent to me as soon as I got to the White House in 1966 that the Secret Service had a Seven Days in May mentality. They literally seemed to think the military was going to take over the White House at any moment..." He then relates "Secret Service had teams that periodically swept all the White House offices to be sure no one had dropped any bugs...On two occasions we did find bugs on our telephone after they'd finished their sweep, and our guys left them in place just to confuse the issue. Whichever way you look at it, whether these were Secret Service bugs or somebody else's bugs that they didn't find, it makes them look bad...It got so that if Secret Service got a piece of information about the President's plans, they would withhold it from the military, and the military would do the same thing. Lyndon Johnson only complicated matters. He never fully trusted Secret Service, any more than he ever fully trusted anyone else...no doubt he assumed they were bearing tales about him...Basically, Johnson felt he could do anything he wanted to, that it was nobody's business but his, and that if you worked for him it was your job to protect his privacy--keep his secrets. It was understood, of course, that if you didn't you were a dead man. All the same, the size of some of his secrets was impressive. Like the fact that he had 110,000 acres of land in Chihuahua, Mexico, and used to make clandestine trips to visit it while President."

vince palamara

Vince, I found an unusual quote regarding the SS that you may also find of interest. It comes from Breaking Cover, a 1980 book written by Bill Gulley, who worked in the White House Military Office in the 1960's and 70's. Gulley relates that "It was apparent to me as soon as I got to the White House in 1966 that the Secret Service had a Seven Days in May mentality. They literally seemed to think the military was going to take over the White House at any moment..." He then relates "Secret Service had teams that periodically swept all the White House offices to be sure no one had dropped any bugs...On two occasions we did find bugs on our telephone after they'd finished their sweep, and our guys left them in place just to confuse the issue. Whichever way you look at it, whether these were Secret Service bugs or somebody else's bugs that they didn't find, it makes them look bad...It got so that if Secret Service got a piece of information about the President's plans, they would withhold it from the military, and the military would do the same thing. Lyndon Johnson only complicated matters. He never fully trusted Secret Service, any more than he ever fully trusted anyone else...no doubt he assumed they were bearing tales about him...Basically, Johnson felt he could do anything he wanted to, that it was nobody's business but his, and that if you worked for him it was your job to protect his privacy--keep his secrets. It was understood, of course, that if you didn't you were a dead man. All the same, the size of some of his secrets was impressive. Like the fact that he had 110,000 acres of land in Chihuahua, Mexico, and used to make clandestine trips to visit it while President."

Thanks to Vince for all he's done on the Secret Service.

And Pat, Bill Gully's book is very important as it is the only open source record of the White House Communications Agency (WHCA), which Gully describes as the Presdent's private resource for all kinds of shennagans.

The WHCA sent technician/agents with every Secret Service Advance team, including the Fort Worth aspect of the Texas trip, which is documented in an interesting article in the NARA magazine Prologue - "The Past is Prologue."

The WHCA also controlls the Situation Room in the White House basement, all AF1 communications and was one of the least cooperative agencies to respond to the JFK Act.

After reading Gully's book, I tracked down a guy in Virginia with the same name and same rank, but he said he was the wrong Bill Gully. He said he kept getting invitations to all these exclusive engagements and dinners at the White House and couldn't understand why until I told him about the Other Bill Gully

BK

Vince, any idea who this Secret Service agent in the Pathology Department at Parkland Hospital mentioned by RN Carolyn Wester in her testimony to Arlen Specter before the Warren Commission is? It appears that these calls were made before anyone in Parkland would know if JFK was even in the hospital let alone shot? For more on this give a listen to this.......

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black407A.mp3

TESTIMONY OF JANE CAROLYN WESTER

Mr. Specter.

The testimony of Jane Carolyn Wester was taken on March 20, 1964, at Park-land Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Tex., by Mr. Arlen Specter, assistant counsel of the President's Commission.

Mr. SPECTER. Miss Wester, this is Miss Oliver the court reporter and she will take down your testimony here and will you raise your right hand and take the oath?

Do you solemnly swear that the testimony you will give in this proceeding will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

Miss WESTER. I do.

Mr. SPECTER. May the record preliminarily show that the purpose of this proceeding is in connection with the President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy to ascertain facts relating to the assassination and all medical treatment obtained by President Kennedy and Governor Connally following their being shot.

The witness at the moment is Miss Jane Wester who has been asked to testify concerning any facts of which she has knowledge concerning treatment of President Kennedy or Governor Connally and the disposition of Governor Connally's clothing and sheet in which he was wrapped at the time the Governor was brought into the operating room at Parkland Memorial Hospital.

Mr. SPECTER. Will you state your full name, for the record, please?

Miss WESTER. Jane Carolyn Wester.

Mr. Specter.

And what is your residence address, Miss Wester?

Miss WESTER. 1107 Brockbank, Dallas.

Mr. SPECTER. Have you received a letter of notification from the President.'s Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy advising you that I would contact you for the purpose of taking testimony from you in connection

with this proceeding, Miss Wester?

Miss WESTER. Yes; I have.

Mr. SPECTER. And at that time did you receive the copies of the Executive order creating the Commission and the rules and regulations relating to the taking of testimony?

Miss WESTER. Yes, sir; I did.

Mr. Specter.

And are you satisfied to appear here today and answer some questions relating to your participation in the treatment of Governor Connally?

Miss WESTER. Yes, sir; I am.

Mr. Specter.

And President Kennedy?

Miss WESTER. Yes, sir.

Mr. Specter.

What is your occupation or profession, please?

Miss WESTER.. I am a registered nurse.

Mr. Specter.

And at what institution are you employed ?

Miss WESTER. Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas.

Mr. SPECTER. And how long have you been so employed at Parkland Memorial Hospital ?

Miss WESTER. Nine years ---- or 9 1/2.

Mr. SPECTER. Will you outline your duties in a general way as they were back on November 22, 1963?

Miss WESTER. I am assistant supervisor in the operating room, and I assign personnel duties, direct them in their activities.

Mr. SPECTER. Did you receive notice on that date that President Kennedy and Governor Connally were en route to Parkland Memorial Hospital to receive treatment?

Miss WESTER. I was not aware that they were in the hospital.

Mr. Specter.

When was it first brought to your attention, if at all?

Miss WESTER. At noon, around noon---noontime---I'm not sure as to the exact time it was. I was relieving the secretary for lunch and the phone rang. Someone in the pathology department asked if the President were in the operating room and I answered them, "No," and they said that a Secret Service agent wasdown there and as soon as the President did arrive in the operating room, would I please call them.

Mr. SPECTER. What was your next connection, if any, with respect to the treatment of either President Kennedy or Governor Connally at Parkland?

Miss WESTER. I received a phone call' from the emergency room asking us to set up for a craniotomy.

Mr. Specter.

And what is a craniotomy in lay language?

Miss WESTER. That's an exploration of the head.

Mr. Specter.

Was there any other request made at that time?

Miss WESTER. Yes--well--immediately following, following that I received a call to set up for a thoracotomy, which is an exploration of the chest.

Mr. SPECTER. And were those two set ups made in accordance with the requests you received?

Miss WESTER. Yes; I immediately assigned personnel to set up these two rooms for these two cases.

Mr. Specter.

And what room was used for the craniotomy?

Miss WESTER. The craniotomy was set up in room 7.

Mr. Specter.

And what room was used for the thoracotomy?

Miss WESTER. The thoracotomy was set up in room 5.

Mr. Specter.

And on what floor were the two rooms?

Miss .WESTER. Well, on the south wing of the second floor.

Vince, any idea who this Secret Service agent in the Pathology Department at Parkland Hospital mentioned by RN Carolyn Wester in her testimony to Arlen Specter before the Warren Commission is? It appears that these calls were made before anyone in Parkland would know if JFK was even in the hospital let alone shot? For more on this give a listen to this.......

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black407A.mp3

TESTIMONY OF JANE CAROLYN WESTER

Mr. Specter.

The testimony of Jane Carolyn Wester was taken on March 20, 1964, at Park-land Memorial Hospital, Dallas, Tex., by Mr. Arlen Specter, assistant counsel of the President's Commission.

Mr. SPECTER. Miss Wester, this is Miss Oliver the court reporter and she will take down your testimony here and will you raise your right hand and take the oath?

Do you solemnly swear that the testimony you will give in this proceeding will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?

Miss WESTER. I do.

Mr. SPECTER. May the record preliminarily show that the purpose of this proceeding is in connection with the President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy to ascertain facts relating to the assassination and all medical treatment obtained by President Kennedy and Governor Connally following their being shot.

The witness at the moment is Miss Jane Wester who has been asked to testify concerning any facts of which she has knowledge concerning treatment of President Kennedy or Governor Connally and the disposition of Governor Connally's clothing and sheet in which he was wrapped at the time the Governor was brought into the operating room at Parkland Memorial Hospital.

Mr. SPECTER. Will you state your full name, for the record, please?

Miss WESTER. Jane Carolyn Wester.

Mr. Specter.

And what is your residence address, Miss Wester?

Miss WESTER. 1107 Brockbank, Dallas.

Mr. SPECTER. Have you received a letter of notification from the President.'s Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy advising you that I would contact you for the purpose of taking testimony from you in connection

with this proceeding, Miss Wester?

Miss WESTER. Yes; I have.

Mr. SPECTER. And at that time did you receive the copies of the Executive order creating the Commission and the rules and regulations relating to the taking of testimony?

Miss WESTER. Yes, sir; I did.

Mr. Specter.

And are you satisfied to appear here today and answer some questions relating to your participation in the treatment of Governor Connally?

Miss WESTER. Yes, sir; I am.

Mr. Specter.

And President Kennedy?

Miss WESTER. Yes, sir.

Mr. Specter.

What is your occupation or profession, please?

Miss WESTER.. I am a registered nurse.

Mr. Specter.

And at what institution are you employed ?

Miss WESTER. Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas.

Mr. SPECTER. And how long have you been so employed at Parkland Memorial Hospital ?

Miss WESTER. Nine years ---- or 9 1/2.

Mr. SPECTER. Will you outline your duties in a general way as they were back on November 22, 1963?

Miss WESTER. I am assistant supervisor in the operating room, and I assign personnel duties, direct them in their activities.

Mr. SPECTER. Did you receive notice on that date that President Kennedy and Governor Connally were en route to Parkland Memorial Hospital to receive treatment?

Miss WESTER. I was not aware that they were in the hospital.

Mr. Specter.

When was it first brought to your attention, if at all?

Miss WESTER. At noon, around noon---noontime---I'm not sure as to the exact time it was. I was relieving the secretary for lunch and the phone rang. Someone in the pathology department asked if the President were in the operating room and I answered them, "No," and they said that a Secret Service agent wasdown there and as soon as the President did arrive in the operating room, would I please call them.

Mr. SPECTER. What was your next connection, if any, with respect to the treatment of either President Kennedy or Governor Connally at Parkland?

Miss WESTER. I received a phone call' from the emergency room asking us to set up for a craniotomy.

Mr. Specter.

And what is a craniotomy in lay language?

Miss WESTER. That's an exploration of the head.

Mr. Specter.

Was there any other request made at that time?

Miss WESTER. Yes--well--immediately following, following that I received a call to set up for a thoracotomy, which is an exploration of the chest.

Mr. SPECTER. And were those two set ups made in accordance with the requests you received?

Miss WESTER. Yes; I immediately assigned personnel to set up these two rooms for these two cases.

Mr. Specter.

And what room was used for the craniotomy?

Miss WESTER. The craniotomy was set up in room 7.

Mr. Specter.

And what room was used for the thoracotomy?

Miss WESTER. The thoracotomy was set up in room 5.

Mr. Specter.

And on what floor were the two rooms?

Miss .WESTER. Well, on the south wing of the second floor.

Walt, the "Parkland doctors were prepared for the shooting before it even occurred" theory just doesn't float. Wester didn't know what time she received these calls. Furthermore, the questions all related to operating rooms, not emergency rooms. The craniotomy--which evidently was contemplated but not performed--was to be on Kennedy. The thoracotomy was for Connally. Now, is it really likely that anyone would know what wounds would be incurred before the shots had even been fired? And if the SS did know what wounds would be incurred, it would mean they were part of the plot. So why then would they call ahead and prepare the doctors?

It simply makes no sense. It seems like a million times more likely that Wester simply forgot the time of the shooting, and that these calls took place after Kennedy was in the emergency room.