The Education Forum

UNDERGROUND COLLECTION

John Dolva

Robert,

I will give an example

For instance Bertha Cheek had two Cuban's who rented from her circa 1958, 1959, there are documents at NARA that appear to be postponed in full with her name listed as well as someone named Jess Willard Lynch.

In 1958 - 1959, Jess Willard Lynch was the cook and manager of a boarding house owned by Bertha Cheek at 5212 Gaston St. in Dallas. He supposedly rented a room to two Cubans. One for 7 weeks and one for 4 weeks.

See CD 1268.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William, haven't come across it yet, but theres more to look through.

meanwhile, some more...

FreeStudentNY01.jpg

FreeStudentNY02.jpg

FreeStudentNY03.jpg

inferno6701.jpg

infrno6702.jpg

thpartisanny01.jpg

some more details of possible diverse interests from the above. (anyone want a full size pls let me know. gotta watch the bandwidth and attachment limit. so my idea is if someone wants ill post a copy for an hour or so at a predetermined time.)

some snippets...

• 3 weeks later...

This guy Ken Kaffke has a neat link to some interesting Underground publications.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/kenkaffkegolden..._wsn/page5.html

Ken was just a kid in the summer of 63 when he visited Mexico City with his father and stayed at the Quaker hostel where Oswald was said to have visited a week or so before.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/kenkaffkegolden..._wsn/page4.html

• 10 months later...

I' leave these attacments a few says before clearing them to post further.

The passing of LBJ's '65 Civil Rights act (NOT Kennedy's '63 one) and the follow up rationalising of LBJ's bill led to large numbers of people to assume the rights they had been pronmised. At the nononsense end of the fight for rights were the Panthers. The collection is replete with original copies, however, some idea can be gotten from the MSC files on them at http://mdah.state.ms.us/arrec/digital_archives/sovcom/ with a folder search : B

If the offer still stands (having finished the car at last) then I think maybe a comversion of the full res which are very readable at high focus but any reduction makes them borderline to a pdf file anfd then uploading may be the way to go. I'll fing a way to get you my edress if the offer to store the scans stand. Time will be an issue.ie patience a necessity. I'd like to see the docs distributed and vetted. (There are a huge number of names and many diverse events covered.)

Edited by John Dolva

If the offer still stands (having finished the car at last) then I think maybe a comversion of the full res which are very readable at high focus but any reduction makes them borderline to a pdf file anfd then uploading may be the way to go. I'll fing a way to get you my edress if the offer to store the scans stand. Time will be an issue.ie patience a necessity. I'd like to see the docs distributed and vetted. (There are a huge number of names and many diverse events covered.)

The offer still stands, John.

I'm also hopeful of obtaining and making available, a series of recorded interviews. If both yours and this collection can feasably be made available for online research, it would be, I think, of tremendous value.

Great, thank you Greg, working alone it'll come in dribbles (it's not my collection btw). If anyone knows of a local researcher that would help. I should have the edress to you in a coupla days, Greg.

Greg remember this is a HUGE collection. The march issue of WIN is a tiny portion. So it's going to take time.

Also are you agreeable to an initial vetting by a small number? What they choose to do with it is their business. I come up against again and again the issue of making names known without the person/s having an opportunity to offer a reuttal. Then a fully wide release. ?

• 10 months later...

Look what John Dolva dragged in (along with lots of other interesting stuff) The First CCR Review? Happy Birthday John Fogerty!

(see small article called The Iron Fist Exposed)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/yanndee/alley3.jpg

Requisite Historical Bump in Honor of July 4th. Mull this: Which is closer to the Spirit of 76: I Want You For US Army, or No Standing Army?

Edited by Nathaniel Heidenheimer