The Education Forum

Did Zapruder take "the Zapruder film"?

Guest James H. Fetzer

The frame on the top left is from Groden's uncut version and at right is the MPI version.(so called original).

That black vertical pole and vertical box to it's immediate left, on the corner of Houston and Elm seems very troublesome.

I guess I wasn't the only one having problems keeping objects level to the horizon.

Of course, that's if you believe the background is the same, also.

chris

You realize that one is a copy off a film and the other is pictures of a film strip - right? Have you attempted to look for any known causes for what you see??

let's cut the nonsense.... cite it, and source for each, please!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MPI DVD contains a video track that documents how they produced their version of the Z-Film.

IIRC, they photographed each frame onto a 4x5 positive, and then scanned that positive. MPI had to deal with registration and rotation issues with each frame, as neither the photographic process nor the scan was absolutely "in alignment". Ergo the need for image manipulation. That is, as I mentioned, my recollection. I would encourage you to watch the DVD for complete verification.

There are PLENTY of issues with the MPI transfer, and it is far from the "definitive" copy that they brag about it being. I would not trust it, Chris, for the type of analysis you are attempting. Rotation (for certain) and frame-sizing are known issues.

Chris,

From the look of the comparison, it appears that the copy with the missing shadow (Groden?) is slightly cropped in the vertical direction -- at least relative to the copy that contains the shadow.

How either copy compares to the Z original is anybody's guess.

BINGO!

especially, if the "Zapruder film" is altered... BINGO-BINGO?

Got any evidence of that?

Of course not and the closest thing to "scientific" evidence was produced by a physicist who fails physics!

www.craiglamson.com/costella.htm

www.craiglamson.com/apollo.htm

Found that peer yet, or can we expect YOU to take on the challenge? Got the balls?

BINGO!

Of course not and the closest thing to "scientific" evidence was produced by a physicist who fails physics!

Found that peer yet, or can we expect YOU to take on the challenge? Got the balls?

just in case you don't see the 'other' thread, this response will work here, too!

Craig, you're no match for me when it comes to making film or video mattes, so xxxxx for another subject elsewhere! Or, at the very least, find someone, ANYONE that'll publish you and your professional opinions! Then I'll spend some time discussing the subject with ya! Ya know, peer review and such.... :ice Btw, are you a physicist? Ph.D. type? For that matter is John Dolva, is he qualified to render (pardon the pun) a professional critique of Dr. John Costellas' work? You certainly are not.

How can some Lone Nut folks be so stupid as to think anyone, ANYONE in the know will take you seriously? Without one peer to Dr. John Costella, yet? Where are those peers, Craigster? 6 years and counting, son!

BINGO!

just in case you don't see the 'other' thread, this response will work here, too!

Craig, you're no match for me when it comes to making film or video mattes, so xxxxx for another subject elsewhere! Or, at the very least, find someone, ANYONE that'll publish you and your professional opinions! Then I'll spend some time discussing the subject with ya! Ya know, peer review and such.... :ice Btw, are you a physicist? Ph.D. type? For that matter is John Dolva, is he qualified to render (pardon the pun) a professional critique of Dr. John Costellas' work? You certainly are not.

How can some Lone Nut folks be so stupid as to think anyone, ANYONE in the know will take you seriously? Without one peer to Dr. John Costella, yet? Where are those peers, Craigster? 6 years and counting, son!

You can read it and weep on the other thread davie.

BTW, WHO peer reviewed Costella's work?

Oh since Costella has no real photographic experience and his worklon the z film is ...well...photographic, just who shall we find to review his work? I'm sure we can find a JANITOR with more photographic experience than old dr john..

But of course there is always this:

www.craiglamosn.com/apollo.htm

dr. john is a quack.

Edited by Craig Lamson

Chris,

From the look of the comparison, it appears that the copy with the missing shadow (Groden?) is slightly cropped in the vertical direction -- at least relative to the copy that contains the shadow.

Frank,

Any idea why this wouldn't appear in the Z frame?

chris

Chris,

Frank,

Any idea why this wouldn't appear in the Z frame?

chris

Of course the question you SHOULD have asked is why is that object in the GRODEN frame...