The Education Forum

Moorman Takes Centerstage

It is difficult on my part to argue the lighting conditions which lead to the disappearance of Newman's left arm.

However, when Newman is created and aligned as a whole, out of the ashes arises much more of Muchmore.

The green arrows only point to the obvious common elements between both photos.

There are others, see what you can find.

A closer look (outline of figures) will reveal Charles Brehm and Babushka lady arising from Moorman.

I whole-heartedly agree with Tom about the strategic positioning of the thumbprint.

The Moorman alteration relates to the LOS lessons he was giving us with regards to Muchmore and Bond. imo

chris

P.S.

Craig, after aligning Newman, I couldn't figure out why the cycle windscreen edge would appear perfectly vertical(passing right through Newman's armpit).

All the cycle windscreens I've seen are built with a curve.

Even from Moorman's perspective, wouldn't I expect to see that curve as I see with the other's?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris...this is an amazing study. I am not sure I comprehend the full

significance yet. I wanted to download it for study, but it is impossible

to find a way to download it to my computer. Can you email a copy of

it to me, along with any conclusions you draw from it?

I want to share it with Costella and get his observations.

It is impossible should get the same image of Newman from two different

locations and directions!

Thanks.

Jack

It is difficult on my part to argue the lighting conditions which lead to the disappearance of Newman's left arm.

However, when Newman is created and aligned as a whole, out of the ashes arises much more of Muchmore.

A closer look (outline of figures) will reveal Charles Brehm and Babushka lady arising from Moorman.

I whole-heartedly agree with Tom about the strategic positioning of the thumbprint.

The Moorman alteration relates to the LOS lessons he was giving us with regards to Muchmore and Bond. imo

chris

P.S.

Craig, after aligning Newman, I couldn't figure out why the cycle windscreen edge would appear perfectly vertical(passing right through Newman's armpit).

Even from Moorman's perspective, wouldn't I expect to see that curve as I see with the other's?

First we have THREE versions of the Moorman without the thumbprint. Those don't work for you guys?

Second, I'll be happy to view your work if you post it in anything but .mov format. I use Vista 64 because it is best os bar none for working Photoshop and Vista 64 does not do .mov files. Quite franklly I don't find your stuff that interesting to boot up another machine just to view it.

Finally the fourth cycle windshield is NOT vertical in Moorman You can clearly see the curve. Given that you must ask what OTHER properties of a police motorcycle can you imagine that is thin and vertical? The answer is really quite simple and the fit is excellent.

Edited by Craig Lamson

chris

P.S.

First we have THREE versions of the Moorman without the thumbprint. Those don't work for you guys?

Second, I'll be happy to view your work if you post it in anything but .mov format. I use Vista 64 because it is best os bar none for working Photoshop and Vista 64 does not do .mov files. Quite franklly I don't find your stuff that interesting to boot up another machine just to view it.

Finally the fourth cycle windshield is NOT vertical in Moorman You can clearly see the curve. Given that you must ask what OTHER properties of a police motorcycle can you imagine that is thin and vertical? The answer is really quite simple and the fit is excellent.

Craig,

Quicktime doesn't run on your PC?

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/player/

Rob

I wonder if a Hughes frame of the limo, in a similar position, might raise a question or two.

Hughes filmed from the street at the corner of Houston/Main.

It appears that he was closer than Moorman. Objects appearing somewhat larger.

That being the case, using the white tire stripe and Clint limo handrail as registration points, should the left end/brakelight in Hughes extend out past what is seen in Moorman?

Is the left side of that handrail bent, as it doesn't appear to keep it's shape when compared to Hughes?

chris

chris

P.S.

Craig,

Quicktime doesn't run on your PC?

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/player/

Rob

Nope, not on Vista 64bit

chris

P.S.

Comparison 1 is wrong. The black object showing through the cycle windshield is fine.

Frame is from Muchmore.

chris

chris

P.S.

Comparison 1 is wrong. The black object showing through the cycle windshield is fine.

Frame is from Muchmore.

chris

NO, Chris...you are NOT wrong. It still coincides EXACTLY with the limo wheelwell...just not all of it!

Jack

chris

P.S.

Frame is from Muchmore.

chris

NO, Chris...you are NOT wrong. It still coincides EXACTLY with the limo wheelwell...just not all of it!

Jack

Thanks Jack,

In fairness and haste, I didn't want the previous photo to come as a surprise to anyone interested.

Looked long and hard for other clear images of this area.

Please pick it apart.

I still believe there are too many commonly aligned elements among both photos, for this to be a coincidence.

chris

chris

P.S.

Frame is from Muchmore.

chris

You see anything else of interest in this motorcycle from your muchmore frame??????

No Craig.

Let me know.

BTW,

That straightened vertical object I mentioned going up through Newman's armpit, shows up in Nix.

It's not a curved windshield

I wonder why this frame doesn't sync with Moorman.

chris

No Craig.

Let me know.

BTW,

That straightened vertical object I mentioned going up through Newman's armpit, shows up in Nix.

chris

It is a curved windshield and its quite visable in Moorman. The vertical in Moorman that has you stumped is the antenna from the second motorcycle....

Why is it you think this frame is NOT a good fit with Moorman?

Edited by Craig Lamson

It is a curved windshield and its quite visable in Moorman. The vertical in Moorman that has you stumped is the antenna from the second motorcycle....

Why is it you think this frame is NOT a good fit with Moorman?

Maybe Chris not seeing the difference between an antenna and a cycles windscreen might explain the 'why' part of the problem.

Edited by Bill Miller

No Craig.

Let me know.

BTW,

chris

perhaps the Lone Nutter's need a good Photoshop guy/gal? ;) Besides, I wouldn't trust where ANY of these .jpg/.gif images originated from. They're running you in circles Chris...

Edited by David G. Healy