The Education Forum

Moorman Takes Centerstage

If you look at Nix, and the previous stabilization I created, the antenna's map out this way.

Cop (1+4) closest and farthest away to Nix, share rearmost antenna. It's in the same spot.

Cop#2 is closest to Jackie and leading the other cops.

Cop#3 antenna is just above cop#4 helmet.

If that is cop#3's antenna in Moorman, where is the space between his rear end and the antenna?

That object going into Newman's armpit runs through the cop's back on cycle #3.

There should be a nice gap between the back of the cop and the antenna in Moorman.

chris

Edited by Chris Davidson

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

attachment

Chris...you can tell the difference between Hargis and Martin by the different

helmets. One had a plain eggshell, the other had eggshell with visor...only

a slight difference.

Regarding motorcycle windscreen heights, we went out to dinner tonight.

In the parking lot was a motorcycle. The top of its windshield was about

four inches higher than my waist. It was not a Harley but some foreign

make. I think speculation about such can be resolved only by using an

identical motorcycle and a person of Mary's height.

Jack

Jack,

The difference between the two cops is indistinguishable to me.

Best picture I have is Altgen's. The only variation I pick up is one with sunglasses.

The provided animation is Martin over Hargis from Altgen's.

The previous posted, cycle cop comparison animation, involves the one closest to Jackie. It's the same cop. Easier for me to keep track of.

It was not a windshield comparison between the two, it was for antenna positioning.

chris

Chris:

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/5...sages/1614.html

"Can anyone shed light on the origin of the phrase, "There are none so blind as those who will not see?" Thanks!!"

: : Matthew 13:13

: : : 13:13 Therefore I speak to them in parables: because they seeing

: : : see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand

: : : Isaiah 6:9-10

: : : And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear you indeed, but understand not; and see indeed, but perceive not.

: "Random House Dictionary of Popular Proverbs and Sayings" by Gregory Y. Titelman (Random House, New York, 1996). Mr. Titelman agrees that this saying has its roots in the Bible, specifically Jer. 5:21 (King James version): "Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not."

And one of my favorites:

: : "There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time to open your eyes and actually "see" what you see.

Tom

Chris.

I agree, the Antenna does appear to run down the Cops back.

I think it may be a perspective problem. ?

Robin,

If you can't connect the antenna back to the cycle it belongs to, then it doesn't work.

In this movie:

Cops in foreground from both frames basically aligned.

Note the antenna's on all 4 cycles.

The antenna on the far side of the street is a much closer fit in size, to the Moorman object in question.

In fact, the cop farthest away in this new film, is the same size, as the one farthest away in Moorman. (Can show if requested)

In other words, the object in Newman's armpit is near his side of the street.

chris

Chris.

Robin,

If you can't connect the antenna back to the cycle it belongs to, then it doesn't work.

In this movie:

The antenna on the far side of the street is a much closer fit in size, to the Moorman object in question.

In fact, the cop farthest away in this new film, is the same size, as the one farthest away in Moorman. (Can show if requested)

chris

Chris.

I understand what you are saying.

The antenna situated behind the black utility box does appear to be quite some distance from the riders back.

I also see in your Nix frame that there is an object (line) cutting through Newman.

Below Newman and his son, is that the front left wheel of the queen Mary. ?

attachment

John, I was looking at one of the prints that Josiah had shared with me a short while back and your interpretation of Newman's arm posture is pretty much spot-on. I was going to post a crop from Josiah's print, but wanted to check Newman's appearance at the moment Moorman took her photo from another film and had gotten side-tracked.

Another mystery is solved IMO.

Bill Miller

Chris.

Robin,

In this movie:

chris

Chris.

The antenna situated behind the black utility box does appear to be quite some distance from the riders back.

I also see in your Nix frame that there is an object (line) cutting through Newman.

No.

It's cycle 1 and it's antenna.

Which can be connected.

chris

Chris.

Robin,

In this movie:

chris

Chris.

Robin, In MOORMAN, the antenna we see intersecting Newman and also crossing the back of the third MC cop is coming from the second MC. Ther is no way around it. Its the only mc in Moorman that we see enough of for the antenna to be visable. If you extend the antnna line down from Newman/third cop, it extends to the radio box on the second MC.

Edited by Craig Lamson

That's if you believe it's an antenna.

As I said before, if you can't connect the antenna back to it's cycle, it doesn't work.

Where is the rest of it in Moorman?

The antenna appears wider at the base, than at the tip.

From Muchmore, it's the same cycle.

Does the Arnold/MiniMe scenario ring a bell.

chris

That's if you believe it's an antenna.

As I said before, if you can't connect the antenna back to it's cycle, it doesn't work.

Where is the rest of it in Moorman?

The antenna appears wider at the base, than at the tip.

From Muchmore, it's the same cycle.

Does the Arnold/MiniMe scenario ring a bell.

chris

Photo interpretation is really not your bag is it Chris? I guess thats what happens when you run around with a screw loose.

You say, if you can't connect it, it wont work...well sure it can. Just because you can't see it does not mean the bottom part of the antenna is not there.

So you ask where is the rest of it? Lots of possible explanations, like double motion blur, or more motion blur at the bottom of the WHIP antenna than at the top (look around the photo record and you can find some nice examples of that one). Or tonal merge. Or how about just damage to the polaroid point at that segment of the photo ( thats true regardless as a very close inspection of the full res drum scan shows.) And lets not forget that that the full res drum scan also shows artifacts of the antenna ABOVE Newmans head and below the back of the third mc cop...right down to the radio box. Or maybe the image quality is just really bad. And of course it just might be a combination of all of the above.

I guess that stuff is hard see in jpg'ed image smashed down to some silly gif file.

And finally you show the REAR of a motorcycle and compare it to a near side view in Moorman, where in Moorman you can't see the the back of the radio box, because it shown from the side and the ARM of MC cop 1 blocks it. I guess your understanding of photography and perspective is as weak as Jack White's.

All the evidence points to this line being the antenna of cycle 2.

1. Cycle two is the only bike far enough in the frame in Moorman for an antenna to be seen.

2. The line of hte antenna extends above Newmans head to a height that is consistant tothe height of the antenna on cycle two.

3. Striking a line downward from the antenna segment seen intersecting Newman places that line rihgt at the rear of the radio box on cysle tw...exactly where the antenna mounts.

4. Cycle two is PERFECTLY positioned in Moorman for the antenna to be depicted in the EXACT location we find this "line" in Moorman.

5. Despite your misinformed objections, the placement of the arm of the cop on cycle one and the fact that cycle tow is seen in near profile, are perfectly placed to HIDE the base of he antenna where it connects to cycle 2.

But then again it might just be parts of some other image, that was somehow added to the original Moorman when it was "altered"! ROFLMAO! Remember...rihgty..tighty! LOL!

This is clearly beyond your ability to reason and understand. The fact that the photo does not meet your expectations is really meaningless, as are your observations.

BTW:

Where is the rest of the antenna?

antenna.jpg

Edited by Craig Lamson