Top Posters In This Topic

...more from underground OZ:

MrWard_02.jpg

found an unedited version of ''let there be rock'' :

AC/DC

Let there be rock

(1977, Unedited video version)

• 2 weeks later...

There was a significant secessionist grouping in West OZ during the war.

After the fall of Singapore, the US shifted its base of operations to the grounds that has become the University of Western Australia, below left of Perths perhaps major central natural/human made feature, Kings Park apart from the Swan River.

An interesting sideline to this was a significant lack of ability of the Left in OZ to make headway in West OZ.

Where it did, it was mostly in the fields concerned with raw material extraction and distribution, mining and maritime.

WA is often neglected as a part of OZ in various ways, yet it is a major primary material resource for much of the world.

School Hols, and the inevitable Hairy Pothead movie to suffer through, (something about anaemic royalty this time i think...sigh) :zzz .

btw i've been informed that when Robin Hood was dying he whispered to Little John to bring him his bow and an arrow for one last shot, saying : ''I want you to bury me where this arrow lands''.

And so, he was laid to rest on top of the wardrobe'' :rip

• 3 weeks later...

Good News! Six hours have ben set aside for Mind Opening on the 30th of August.

• 5 months later...

Freo ..

Sunset by the beach...looking southwest

Bon Scott statue .

To the right is Cicerellos, the best fish and chips in town. Past that, the old fishing-boat harbour, which after the Americas Cup became a tangle of new moorings that now obscure the view of the ocean from the old Fishermens Pub across the park to the left. Pre cup Fremantle was a really wonderful place. Some of the old charm (and oldtimers) is/are still around, but it's sad to see the old harbour town turned into a tourist playground

post-3136-1263840971_thumb.jpg

AC/DC

Let there be rock

(1977, Unedited video version)

...sure we can visit Bon and sit on his memorial bench, or view his statue, but Angus, you guys owe us a couple more concerts in March, I think in the old freo Jail or at least in the fremantle cricket oval so those who can't get tickets can at least listen in comfort, the first two concerts sold out ridiculously fast.

• 1 month later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrDSh7WWdZs...PL&index=61

Cold Chisel - At the Star Hotel 1981

Music from Australia and New Zealand in the year 1981:

Cold Chisel's promo-video for the track 'Star Hotel' taken from the 1981 live album 'Swingshift'. This track also appears on the 1980 album 'East'.

The subject of the song is about a 1979 riot out in New Castle, caused by the closing of the popular pub Star Hotel. New footage of the riot can be seen in this video.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Chisel

then followed by another oz band, but that's another story

Edited by John Dolva

(The Saints - "The Most Primitive Band In The World"(1974) (hey, there's chris)

(Stranded)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9DUCn2sRpg

For those who couldn't get tickets: there will be a party near Bon at the time of first concert.