The Education Forum

Silvia Odio a New Look

56 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Steve:

You don't really believe that the two guys with either Oswald or an imposter at Odio's door were there for that purpose do you?

Its pretty obvious to almost anyone who has studied that incident that this was clearly a pretext.

I don't believe that they were there, merely because her father was imprisoned in Cuba, basically out of the blue, to ask for money.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Harry Dean, it was Loran Hall and Larry Howard of Interpen who drove Lee Harvey Oswald to Mexico City in late September, 1963.

On the way to Mexico City, says Harry Dean, they took a detour to Dallas because Loran Hall had heard from his friend, Rolando Masferrer, that Sylvia Odio, a ranking member of JURE, might be able to get Oswald into Cuba by another means -- instead of this hokey, Fake FPCC resumé that Guy Banister had planned.

The evidence presented by Harry Dean was that, as a personal friend of both Loran Hall and Larry Howard there in Southern California, he learned their "war names."   Loran Hall's war name was "Lorenzo" and Larry Howard's war name was "Angelo."

Sylvia Odio said -- as best she could recall -- that these men identified themselves by their "war names" -- one starting with an "L" and the other starting with an "A". 

Hall, Howard and Oswald weren't at Sylvia Odio's doorstep for money -- that was a pretext.  They were there to get inside Sylvia Odio's house, then into her heart, and then convince JURE to employ a double-agent inside Cuba to vouch for Lee Harvey Oswald to get into Havana, Cuba (to complete Guy Banister's mission).

Getting into Cuba was the one and only real reason that Lee Harvey Oswald went to Mexico City in the first place.  Evidently Loran Hall scoffed at the Fake FPCC resumé that Guy Banister had prepared for Oswald, and opted instead to try his JURE strategy.

It didn't work.   They went to Mexico City, anyway.

As many here know, I accept the word of Harry Dean in almost everything related to the JFK assassination.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

On 4/7/2009 at 1:08 PM, Jim Root said:

...Believe me I am no expert on the subject of Silvia Odio but a quick review brings up the names of Bernardo De Torres and Edwin Collins. These two men, it seems, may have been the two persons that accompanied "Leon" (assumed to be Oswald) to the home of Silvia Odio.

Without revealing my complete interest I am drawn to the fact that it seems that Gerry Hemming was involved closely with both Collins and De Torres.

Without reinventing the wheel does this seem to be the accepted consensus, that Hemming was involved with these men? ...

Jim Root

Jim,

While Gerry Patrick Hemming and his group, Interpen, were certainly near the core of the JFK assassination (Caufield, 2015), there is a reason that we know that De Torres and Collin were not the "L" and "A" who accompanied Oswald to the home of Sylvia Odio on or about 9/25/1963.

The reason is that Sylvia Odio testified that the three men who came to her door that evening, and stood outside for 20 minutes in the porch light (she would not allow them into her apartment) were complete strangers to her.

Bernardo De Torres, however, was an old family friend of the Odios in Cuba before the Cuban Revolution.   IIRC, they had dated when they were younger.  So, no cigar.

Regards,
--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

• 7 months later...