The Education Forum

Gerald D. McKnight

Hi John

A year or so ago I had the opportunity to have a few exchanges with Mr. McKnight. He was both cordial and infomative in his responses and I appreciated the contact he put me in touch with. I might add that he was also very complimetary of you at that time as well.

An area of my research that I felt that he was not well informed upon was FBI Agent James P. Hosty's third note (the one that identified exactly where Lee Harvey Oswald was working some 18 days before the assassination and prior to the final motorcade route being decided upon. As you may recall I have posted several times my reasons for feeling that this note is of particular significance for two reasons:

1. Hosty's third note would prove that persons at the highest levels of intelligence had access to information which allowed them to know exactly where Oswald was working prior to the final motorcade route designation was made (Newman's work, Oswald and the CIA, shows that Richard Helms did in fact receive Hosty's previous two notes and we have no reason to believe that he would not have received the third)

2. The fact that this Hosty note has never appeared on ANY CIA documents list suggests that it was destroyed or eliminated for some reason. The obvious reason would be that the tracking of that particular document would lead directly to all that had knowledge of where Oswald was working and may in fact point directly to the conspirator/s involved.

While there are many other aspects of this case that I would love to rehash once again with Mr. McKnight a discussion on the significance of this particular note (Hosty's third which is mentioned in the testimony of Hosty) would be my first topic of discussion.

Jim Root

Gerald D. McKnight is staying with me for a few days (he will be speaking at the DPUK Conference in Canterbury at the weekend). I am looking forward to some stimulating discussions. Please send me any questions you might have for him.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmcknight.htm

In 2007, I was told that the Weisberg Archives was in the process of being digitized. I'd be interested in knowing the progress that's been made.

Gerald D. McKnight is staying with me for a few days (he will be speaking at the DPUK Conference in Canterbury at the weekend). I am looking forward to some stimulating discussions. Please send me any questions you might have for him.

In 2007, I was told that the Weisberg Archives was in the process of being digitized. I'd be interested in knowing the progress that's been made.

Clayton Ogilvie, who works for the department of energy in Idaho, is in charge of the Weisberg Archives being digitized. Gerald says that Clayton is making good progress and several sections of the material has already been completed.

Clayton Ogilvie, who works for the department of energy in Idaho, is in charge of the Weisberg Archives being digitized. Gerald says that Clayton is making good progress and several sections of the material has already been completed.

In 2007, the Weisberg Archives, for a small fee, had Clayton send me a CD of the documents relating to Weisberg's neutron-activation analysis FOIA case. A lot of the information in my chapter on the neutron-activation analysis of Oswald's cheek cast came from this CD. Although many of these documents are now available on the MFF site, there was much in there that was never in the national archives, but came straight from the AEC or FBI. At another point a researcher shared with me a great deal of correspondence between Weisberg and CBS, which he'd received from the Weisberg Archives. Some very interesting stuff. In sum, I think we can all look forward to a time when the Weisberg Archives is more widely available.

Many thanks to Clayton for his efforts.