The Education Forum

Distorting History: A Reply

Guest Tom Scully
It apparently has not sunk into Don Bohning that political labeling is passé---the new generation deals with facts. It was well known in Miami in the mid-1970s when I was researching Deadly Secrets that Bohning was a CIA media asset. As I published in the book, I interviewed Frank Sturgis extensively. Bohning may not have known about it but Frank did work for the CIA. His case officer was Joaquim Sanjenis, chief of Operation 40. When Sanjenis would call him, Frank would go to an airport and take off in a small plane. He would penetrate Cuban air space and set off electronic defenses. The signals given off would be picked up by a spy ship (Oxford or Pocono) and analyzed in planning raids or infiltrations.

I am sorry, Mr. Turner, but you do not speak of the newest generation to hold power...they are carved from the Don Bohning mold, only much more so.

Consider Monica Goodling and Barbara Comstock, profiled at the link, and the folks who direct them:

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/...odling/2009/02/

We've been dealing with facts, using them against the political opposition recently for the past eight years....avoidable war, officially approved torture, and "change you can depend on", elected in the form of Obama, all happened anyway.

The idea that there is such a thing in the english speaking countries that could pass for "extreme left", or "leftist" is laughable, but the "extreme right" is still alive and well and packs quite a punch....Cyril Wecht can vouch for that.

We're being attacked in an ideological war, and judging by the "iffy" gains, observed so far this year, there is very little sign it is being turned back....new president elected from the alleged opposing party, and his appointed DCI at the helm, and yet still the coddling of the right's extremists:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...ml?hpid=topnews

....The CIA made no mention of his role in documents delivered to Capitol Hill last month that listed every lawmaker who had been briefed on "enhanced interrogation techniques" since 2002. For meetings that were overseen by Cheney, the agency told the intelligence committees that information about who oversaw those briefings was "not available." .....

.....The CIA declined to comment on why Cheney's presence in some meetings was left out of the records. One senior intelligence official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the names of individual briefers are omitted in all cases -- they do not appear in any of the public documents that describe congressional briefings. In at least some cases, he added, the identity of the briefer was never recorded in the agency's records.

For all but seven of the 40 meetings listed, however, the documents outlined which agency led the briefing and which provided support. And on at least five occasions, they spelled out that then-CIA Director Michael V. Hayden led the classified meetings.

Since leaving office in January, Cheney has mounted a vigorous public defense of the interrogation practices. Speaking at the National Press Club on Monday, he said CIA officials approached the White House in 2002 with the request to use harsher techniques such as waterboarding. .......

....Several members of Congress who took part in the Cheney meetings declined to comment on them, citing secrecy concerns. But there was little doubt that he was leading the charge on the issue......

.....One of the most critical Cheney-led briefings came in late October 2005, when the vice president and Porter J. Goss, then director of the CIA, read Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) into the program on the interrogation methods, according to congressional and intelligence sources.

One knowledgeable official described the meeting as contentious. Cheney and Goss, with other CIA officials present, tried to persuade the former Vietnam POW to back off an anti-torture amendment that had already won the support of 90 senators. ....

Edited by Tom Scully

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It apparently has not sunk into Don Bohning that political labeling is passé---the new generation deals with facts. It was well known in Miami in the mid-1970s when I was researching Deadly Secrets that Bohning was a CIA media asset. As I published in the book, I interviewed Frank Sturgis extensively. Bohning may not have known about it but Frank did work for the CIA. His case officer was Joaquim Sanjenis, chief of Operation 40. When Sanjenis would call him, Frank would go to an airport and take off in a small plane. He would penetrate Cuban air space and set off electronic defenses. The signals given off would be picked up by a spy ship (Oxford or Pocono) and analyzed in planning raids or infiltrations.

Gerry I also interviewed extensively. He knew better than to BS me. What info was susceptible to cross-checking I cross-checked. Not once was there a fabrication. Gerry told me about the assassination plots against Fidel when he visited Chile long before Alpha 66 admitted them.

There's nothing Tom Scully can possibly teach Bill Turner.

Larry Hancock, during a live radio interview tonight, complimented Bill Turner's work on both the JFK and RFK assassinations, and said that what is needed now is not another commission but some experienced investigators like Bill Turner.

http://www.nightfrightshow.com/

Thanks for all you've done Bill,

a true friend of JFK and Jim Garrison and all who pursue the truth,

and I'm not through with Don Bohning and the AFIA yet either,

Bill Kelly

Guest Tom Scully
There's nothing Tom Scully can possibly teach Bill Turner.

Larry Hancock, during a live radio interview tonight, complimented Bill Turner's work on both the JFK and RFK assassinations, and said that what is needed now is not another commission but some experienced investigators like Bill Turner.

http://www.nightfrightshow.com/

Thanks for all you've done Bill,

a true friend of JFK and Jim Garrison and all who pursue the truth,

and I'm not through with Don Bohning and the AFIA yet either,

Bill Kelly

Bill Kelly's "rules" are that William Turner, an invesitgator who I have enormous respect for, can never be mistaken. You remind me of Cyril Wecht, Bill. To paraphase Wecht, "who knew, that it could ever get this bad"? Tom Scully knew.

While you and Mr. Turner were "dealing in facts", the "side" Don Bohning is still pitching for....came in and bulldozed the playing field, The courts, the DOJ, and due process has been changed to a degree that the answers you seek won't be released in your lifetime.....or when you're too old to feel any satisfaction.

....And they didn't place four federalist society, whack job winger judges on the Supreme Court to sabotage it's mission for the next 20 years by "dealing in facts."

They did it through obsessive right wing nuttery, backed by the likes of the Coors and the Sarah Scaife Mellon foundations....they win, you lose:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/12/washingt...tml?_r=1&hp

...Ms. Goodling, now 33, arrived at the department at the start of the Bush administration after working as an opposition researcher for the Republican National Committee during the 2000 presidential campaign.

Her legal experience was limited; she had graduated in 1999 from Regent University School of Law, which was founded by Pat Robertson. Deeply religious and politically conservative, Ms. Goodling seemed to believe that part of her job was to bring people with similar values into the Justice Department, several former colleagues said....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07166/794305-84.stm

Friday, June 15, 2007

...During her questioning May 23, Ms. Goodling referred to Ms. Buchanan's role in the executive office. She told the committee that Ms. Buchanan had hired her....

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/valleynews...h/s_627928.html

Criminal charges dropped against coroner Wecht, but animosity remains

By Jason Cato, TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

..."I'm delighted this is over," said Wecht, 78, of Squirrel Hill. "I never knew what the power of the U.S. Attorney's Office was. I never knew."U.S. Attorney Mary Beth Buchanan asked a federal judge in Erie to dismiss the public corruption case against the renowned forensic pathologist her office unsuccessfully tried once — and planned to retry — on accusations he used his elected coroner's office for private gain.

U.S. District Judge Sean McLaughlin, who signed her request, two weeks ago tossed evidence for the case, saying the government unconstitutionally executed search warrants. Buchanan said the ruling made winning a second trial unlikely.

Animosity that permeated the case remained palpable at the end.

"Even with the tremendous criticism that has been dumped on this office, I still believe a crime was committed here," Buchanan said. "He wasn't acquitted of anything. It was a hung jury. However, everybody in our society is innocent until proven guilty. ... If I could have a do-over, I would still bring the case."

Wecht blasted Buchanan for her statements......

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...refer=worldwide

Gonzales Aides Used Politics in Hiring, Report Says

Last Updated: July 28, 2008

...The audit, by the Justice Department inspector general and ethics chief, concluded that Monica Goodling, the White House liaison, and Gonzales's chief of staff, Kyle Sampson, committed misconduct. Gonzales, who resigned under pressure last year, was generally unaware of his aides' actions, the report said.

The screening ``resulted in high-quality candidates for important department positions being rejected,'' the agency's inspector general, Glenn Fine, said in a statement.

The report, the second of four that the internal watchdogs are releasing this year on politicization at the Justice Department, cites several other officials for improperly screening job candidates or for making inaccurate statements about the process. ...

...Goodling testified last year that she ``crossed the line'' by inquiring about the party affiliations of some career job applicants....

...The report concluded that Goodling declined to approve the hiring of a career assistant U.S. attorney in Washington because, judging by his resume, he appeared to be a ``liberal Democrat.'' The lawyer was later hired after the top prosecutor in the office complained to Sampson.

In another case, Goodling rejected the application of a career terrorism prosecutor who wanted a temporary job working at headquarters on counter-terrorism issues, because his wife was active in the local Democratic party. Instead, the report said, a less experienced lawyer was chosen.

Goodling also tried to block a career Justice Department lawyer from getting another job because of rumors that she was a lesbian, the report said. ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/12/washingt...onica.html?_r=1

May 12, 2007

Colleagues Cite Partisan Focus by Justice Official

By ERIC LIPTON

WASHINGTON, May 11 — Two years ago, Robin C. Ashton, a seasoned criminal prosecutor at the Department of Justice, learned from her boss that a promised promotion was no longer hers.

“You have a Monica problem,” Ms. Ashton was told, according to several Justice Department officials. Referring to Monica M. Goodling, a 31-year-old, relatively inexperienced lawyer who had only recently arrived in the office, the boss added, “She believes you’re a Democrat and doesn’t feel you can be trusted.”...

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles...ian_law_school/

Scandal puts spotlight on Christian law school

Grads influential in Justice Dept.

By Charlie Savage, Globe Staff | April 8, 2007

....Not long ago, it was rare for Regent graduates to join the federal government. But in 2001, the Bush administration picked the dean of Regent's government school, Kay Coles James , to be the director of the Office of Personnel Management -- essentially the head of human resources for the executive branch. The doors of opportunity for government jobs were thrown open to Regent alumni.

"We've had great placement," said Jay Sekulow , who heads a non profit law firm based at Regent that files lawsuits aimed at lowering barriers between church and state. "We've had a lot of people in key positions.".....

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1130499506270

The Secrets of Jay Sekulow

Tony Mauro

Legal Times

November 1, 2005

Just the week before, Jay Sekulow, chief counsel of the American Center for Law and Justice,....

...Sekulow told the million-plus people listening to his daily radio show on Christian stations last Thursday, adding, confidentially, "I saw this coming." The next nominee, he predicted, would be a sitting judge just as worthy of support as Miers.

It was vintage Sekulow: gliding over contradictions, pleased to be a player in nomination politics, and more than ready to play again. In recent weeks, Sekulow, the leading Supreme Court advocate of the Christian right, emerged as the steadiest and most visible of a dwindling number of social conservatives willing to support Miers. Because of that steadfast loyalty, he is likely to play a key role in campaigning for whoever replaces her.

"Jay has clearly succeeded in becoming closely linked to the Bush administration and has become a principal salesman for Bush nominees," says Elliot Mincberg, legal director of People For the American Way.

This is the public Jay Sekulow, the man who has become a familiar face on television in recent months and who has been a fixture in Washington legal circles as head of the ACLJ, an organization founded by religious broadcaster Pat Robertson in 1990.

But there is another side to Jay Sekulow, one that, until now, has been obscured from the public. It is the Jay Sekulow who, through the ACLJ and a string of interconnected nonprofit and for-profit entities, has built a financial empire that generates millions of dollars a year and supports a lavish lifestyle -- complete with multiple homes, chauffeur-driven cars, and a private jet that he once used to ferry Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia......

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1199700326809

ABA Asked to Examine Accreditation of Pat Robertson's Law School

Suit stems from school's alleged violation of student's free speech rights

John Council

Texas Lawyer

January 8, 2008

On Friday, a Houston civil rights lawyer sent a complaint letter to the American Bar Association asking the group to examine the accreditation of Pat Robertson's Regent University School of Law after the school allegedly violated his client's free speech rights.

On behalf of his client Adam Key, Houston solo Randall Kallinen sent the complaint letter to the ABA alleging that last year the school suspended Key after he posted an unflattering picture of Robertson on his Facebook page online and criticized, on an online university forum, Robertson's public comments that advocated the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. Key was a second-year student at Regent Law.

While the Virginia Beach, Va., Christian law school is private, it maintains ABA accreditation. To maintain accreditation, it must not be in violation of ABA Standard 211©, which prevents it from discriminating against its students on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. That standard "is administered as though the First Amendment of the United States Constitution governs its application." .....

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle2033067.ece

From Times Online

July 5, 2007

How a 'fourth tier' religious law school infiltrated the US Government

The hiring of 150 graduates of a poorly regarded faith-based law school has raised questions about the influence of faith on the American political process, says a New York trial lawyer

James D Zirin....

http://www.boston.com/news/education/highe...ian_law_school/

Scandal puts spotlight on Christian law school

Grads influential in Justice Dept.

By Charlie Savage, Globe Staff | April 8, 2007

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. -- The title of the course was Constitutional Law, but the subject was sin. Before any casebooks were opened, a student led his classmates in a 10-minute devotional talk, completed with "amens," about the need to preserve their Christian values.

"Sin is so appealing because it's easy and because it's fun," the law student warned.

Regent University School of Law, founded by televangelist Pat Robertson to provide "Christian leadership to change the world," has worked hard in its two-decade history to upgrade its reputation, fighting past years when a majority of its graduates couldn't pass the bar exam and leading up to recent victories over Ivy League teams in national law student competitions.

But even in its darker days, Regent has had no better friend than the Bush administration. Graduates of the law school have been among the most influential of the more than 150 Regent University alumni hired to federal government positions since President Bush took office in 2001, according to a university website.

One of those graduates is Monica Goodling , the former top aide to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales who is at the center of the storm over the firing of US attorneys. Goodling, who resigned on Friday, has become the face of Regent overnight -- and drawn a harsh spotlight to the administration's hiring of officials educated at smaller, conservative schools with sometimes marginal academic reputations.

Documents show that Goodling, who has asserted her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to avoid testifying before Congress, was one of a handful of officials overseeing the firings. She helped install Timothy Griffin , the Karl Rove aide and her former boss at the Republican National Committee, as a replacement US attorney in Arkansas.

Because Goodling graduated from Regent in 1999 and has scant prosecutorial experience, her qualifications to evaluate the performance of US attorneys have come under fire. Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, Democrat of Rhode Island, asked at a hearing: "Should we be concerned with the experience level of the people who are making these highly significant decisions?"....

Interesting. Are Bill Turner and Cyril Wecht really that close minded? I wouldn't have thought so.

Interesting. Are Bill Turner and Cyril Wecht really that close minded? I wouldn't have thought so.

I hope not. Having met Bill Turner, in fact, I can pretty much say definitely not. It is true, however, that the attention span of most grows shorter and shorter as time goes on and no "smoking gun" is found.

Is Tom Scully closed minded enough to think he could lecture Bill Turner and Cyril Wecht about right wing whack jobs? Especially by quoting the New York Times, et al?

Did you read his references?

Did you or anybody bother to read the quotes he posted of his references?

Did you even read the highlights of the quotes he posted in his references?

Did Bill Turner investigate the Minutemen, JBS and other fanatical right wing groups in the 60s, when they were violent and nasty, and get up close and talk to them in person?

Do you think Cyril Wecht knows more about his neighbor Sarah Scaife Mellon or the prosecutor who targeted him than what Tom can quote from the NYTimes?

Do you think Bill Turner and Cyril Wecht are beyond categorizing the world into vast rightwing and left wing fanatical conspiracies?

Do you think Tom Scully will take a six month sabatical, as JB suggests, and begin to study all that stuff so he can come back and tell us how we're all mind control subjects of right wing fanatics?

And do you think Don Bohning is going to cast John Simkin as a left wing conspiracy theorists?

Will he cast us all as fanatical CT's and use the most radical examples he can find from among these pages?

I don't know,

BK

Edited by William Kelly

Yes. There's definitely an attack on the forum, seemingly orchestrated by agency assets such as bohning. Tom S seems to me to addressing issues that may counter that, in his way. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with him, but what he highlights seem worth considering.

My present position on Obama and his admin is as stated before. Wait and see. In a way it's irrelevant because his mere existence and the platform he got elected on shows a different US of A, and the people in it, to the world and part of that is the contradictions of a system that become starker. I hope that through the various analysis one can come to know.

• 1 month later...

It was reported over the weekend that the CIA director, Leon Panetta, has told the congressional intelligence committees that he has discovered a CIA secret operation that was being run by Dick Cheney. Panetta discovered that information about this program was withheld from Congress. So far, details of this illegal program has not yet been released to the public. However, rumours are suggesting that it might be linked to Seymour Hersh’s claim that Cheney oversaw an “executive assassination ring”.

Is this the reason that Don Bohning/CIA took objection to my article on Operation 40 where I argued that the CIA developed an assassination program in the early 1960s? An assassination program that Carl Jenkins and Chi Chi Quintero confessed had been used on John Kennedy. Maybe the CIA fear that this story will increase interest in previous assassination programs.

Guest Tom Scully

John,

This woman, Marcy Wheeler is a unique resource, demonstrating time after time, meticulous analysis and insight. Her core strength is in the timelines she develops. Corp Media journalists routinely plagerize her work, except for too rare, ethical reporters:

http://emptywheel.firedoglake.com/2009/07/...ads-two-points/

....Two comments about this.

First, there must be something more. Aside from the near ubiquitous drone strikes, which seem to be fully acknowledged and non-controversial, there have been enough personal strikes against al Qaeda figures that appear likely to have been assassinations, that for all intents and purposes, it appears we are assassinating al Qaeda figures.

It may be, for example, that the conflict reported by Sy Hersh is the problem--that Special Ops has the mandate to kill but CIA is being dragged into those assassinations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/20/world/20detain.html

Waterboarding Used 266 Times on 2 Suspects - NYTimes.com

Apr 20, 2009 ... Search All NYTimes.com ... a number of bloggers, including Marcy Wheeler of the blog emptywheel, discovered it in the May 30, 2005, memo. ...

Edited by Tom Scully

I can speak only for Bill Turner who is anything but close minded, in fact. He listened patiently to the

physical appearance evidence and the "points of discussion" evidence placing Anastase Vonsiatsky at the

Winnipeg Airport Incident and he essentially agreed that it only takes 6-7 points of physical confluence

to obtain better than a 99% likelihood of identification (assuming they were still alive). After I cited the

10-12 points placing Vonsiatsky in Winnipeg he said that was more than enough evidence in his opinion.

And even before the evidence of Ferrie being in Cleveland was discovered and published he agreed that

a "pipsqueak" like Ferrie would never have been invited to a meeting of JFK plotters. At that time, Gerald

L K Smith had not yet been linked to Winnipeg, but he agreed that at least 1 or 2 of the attendees would

have been Canadians as well and agreed that Gostick and Walsh were likely candidates. Years later, Gostick

and Walsh were tied to the Southern Canada tour, and the rest as they say is history.

Bill may or may not have been aware that Sheri Seymour had obtained an admission of guilt from Wm. Potter

Gale about his role in the JFK hit by the early 1990's. Turner's work "Power on the Right" included chapters

on Robert Morris and the John Birch Society plus Patrick J. Frawley from the Catholic arch-Right and INCA.

I still maintain that "Power on the Right" from 1970 was the best JFK Assassination work from that period.

And remember, Bill was the first one to reference both "Raoul" from Montreal and the role of Robert Emmett

Johnson in the JFK hit in "The Fish is Red". The combination of the 2 books had the case almost closed

by the 1970's but then everyone strayed from that fruitful territory. Sad, but true.

Frawley, Morris, Buckley and Bozell were involved with a Catholic Seminary and Charity in Orange County

at one time and they represented the core of the arch-Catholic Carlist Right. For anyone to say they

greatly appreciate and respect the work of Bill Turner and to avoid the examination of Morris, Frawley,

Buckley, Bozell, The John Birch Society, INCA and The American Mercury is doing a grave injustice to all of

his hard work. Bill Turner follows the leads to the source and does not get led astray easily by outside

pressures and red herrings. I still believe that Bill Turner got closer than anyone else to solving the mystery

by 1970. His work with Mae Brussell on The Nazi Connections to the JFK Assassination in Ramparts which

involved Charles Willoughby and Robert Morris basically reiterated Richard Condon's conclusions from 1959.

Willoughby was retired Army Intel and Robert Morris was former ONI and that is where Turner did a lot of

his research and you would be well served by following those leads and others involving the far right

regardless of which alphabet soup agency they worked for either in 1963 or previously.

If you can't believe Bill Turner, John Roy Carlson and Richard Condon, then who can you believe? Really.

And Bill never fell for the garbage pushed by the Far Right types whom many of you cite as gospel either.

He knew a BS line from a factual rendition better than most.

Bill's work focused on the Anti-Communist Leagues, the Anti-Catholic Leagues, the Anti-Colored Leagues

and the Anti-Semitic Leagues like GLK Smith's Christian Defense League, and McIntyre's crews, too.

Now that I think about it, most of my research lines were spawned from his research lines from 1970.

For anyone to just blatantly state that Anastase Vonsiatksy had nothing to do with the JFK hit without

being able to cite chapter and verse is tantamount to petty graffiti tagging and deliberate ignorance of

the factual evidence which is readily accepted by credible researchers.

Guest Tom Scully

If Bill Turner happens to be reading this thread, I hope he will consider the idea that much more investigation into JFK close friends Bill Walton and Charles Leffingwell Bartlett needs to be done.

Walton was an "old friend" of Gladys Byfield Tartiere, owner of Glen Ora, and Tartiere's ex was both the mentor of Patrick Hoy's career and, like Walton, a European theater war correspondent (for Hearst). Tartiere' son, Ernie Byfield Jr. OSS SI, was married first to the sister of Rionda Braga's (Braga was mentioned in "The Fish is Red") first cousin's wife, and then to the Italian Countess who would later become Robert McNamara's wife. GHW Bush walked Edward G. Hooker's daughter down the aisle when she married

Braga's son. Hooker was Bush's boarding school roommate and step-nephew and business partner of George de Mohrenschildt. After Susan Butler Hooker's divorce from Braga's son,

she married Michael Ainslie, protege of McKinsey exec. John D. Macomber, brother of William B. Macomber Jr., the spouse of John Foster Dulles's personal secretary, best man in the Jupiter Island wedding of Bush oil exploration partner and ex-CIA agent, Thomas J. Devine. William Macomber witnessed JFK's senate swearing in ceremony as a guest of Prescott Bush, ingratiated himself to JFK and became his ambassafor to Jordan, and was Nixon's ambassador to Turkey at the time of Devine's 1973 wedding.

Willam Macomber was picked by C. Douglas Dillon to be president of the NY Met Museum of Art, during the period when Michael Ainslie was presdient of Sotheby's auction house.

Willaim's brother John D. Macomber is partnered today with GW Bush's first cousin in Athena Health. Ainslie and John Macomber are named now in stockholder suits as directors of the failed

Lehman Bros.

Bartlett's father committed suicide at his Juptier Island (aka Hobe Sound) home and his brother David was an usher in this wedding:

… ; Has 9 Attendants at Marriage to William B. Meyer, Who Served in '...

New York Times - Dec 19, 1948

The usher were Cord Meyer Jr., another brother; Willetts Meyer. cousin of the bridegroom; David F. Bartlett of Hobo Sound, Fla.; Robert Watts of Mount Kisco ...

Willetts Meyer was the first cousin of Cord Meyer Jr. and was the best man at Edward G. Hooker's wedding, where GHW Bush was only an usher. Charles Bartlett introduced Jackie to JFK at his brother David's wedding. Charles was a close friend of both Prescott and GHW Bush, presumably knowing them since childhood on Jupiter Island.

Charles Bartlett was close enough to Cord Meyer Jr. to invite Meyer to co-author Bartlett's twice weekly syndicated newspaper column.

'

Edited by Tom Scully

I can speak only for Bill Turner who is anything but close minded, in fact. He listened patiently to the

physical appearance evidence and the "points of discussion" evidence placing Anastase Vonsiatsky at the

Winnipeg Airport Incident and he essentially agreed that it only takes 6-7 points of physical confluence

to obtain better than a 99% likelihood of identification (assuming they were still alive). After I cited the

10-12 points placing Vonsiatsky in Winnipeg he said that was more than enough evidence in his opinion.

And even before the evidence of Ferrie being in Cleveland was discovered and published he agreed that

a "pipsqueak" like Ferrie would never have been invited to a meeting of JFK plotters. At that time, Gerald

L K Smith had not yet been linked to Winnipeg, but he agreed that at least 1 or 2 of the attendees would

have been Canadians as well and agreed that Gostick and Walsh were likely candidates. Years later, Gostick

and Walsh were tied to the Southern Canada tour, and the rest as they say is history.

Bill may or may not have been aware that Sheri Seymour had obtained an admission of guilt from Wm. Potter

Gale about his role in the JFK hit by the early 1990's. Turner's work "Power on the Right" included chapters

on Robert Morris and the John Birch Society plus Patrick J. Frawley from the Catholic arch-Right and INCA.

I still maintain that "Power on the Right" from 1970 was the best JFK Assassination work from that period.

And remember, Bill was the first one to reference both "Raoul" from Montreal and the role of Robert Emmett

Johnson in the JFK hit in "The Fish is Red". The combination of the 2 books had the case almost closed

by the 1970's but then everyone strayed from that fruitful territory. Sad, but true.

Frawley, Morris, Buckley and Bozell were involved with a Catholic Seminary and Charity in Orange County

at one time and they represented the core of the arch-Catholic Carlist Right. For anyone to say they

greatly appreciate and respect the work of Bill Turner and to avoid the examination of Morris, Frawley,

Buckley, Bozell, The John Birch Society, INCA and The American Mercury is doing a grave injustice to all of

his hard work. Bill Turner follows the leads to the source and does not get led astray easily by outside

pressures and red herrings. I still believe that Bill Turner got closer than anyone else to solving the mystery

by 1970. His work with Mae Brussell on The Nazi Connections to the JFK Assassination in Ramparts which

involved Charles Willoughby and Robert Morris basically reiterated Richard Condon's conclusions from 1959.

Willoughby was retired Army Intel and Robert Morris was former ONI and that is where Turner did a lot of

his research and you would be well served by following those leads and others involving the far right

regardless of which alphabet soup agency they worked for either in 1963 or previously.

If you can't believe Bill Turner, John Roy Carlson and Richard Condon, then who can you believe? Really.

And Bill never fell for the garbage pushed by the Far Right types whom many of you cite as gospel either.

He knew a BS line from a factual rendition better than most.

Bill's work focused on the Anti-Communist Leagues, the Anti-Catholic Leagues, the Anti-Colored Leagues

and the Anti-Semitic Leagues like GLK Smith's Christian Defense League, and McIntyre's crews, too.

Now that I think about it, most of my research lines were spawned from his research lines from 1970.

For anyone to just blatantly state that Anastase Vonsiatksy had nothing to do with the JFK hit without

being able to cite chapter and verse is tantamount to petty graffiti tagging and deliberate ignorance of

the factual evidence which is readily accepted by credible researchers.

By the way, Bill Turner also included chapters in "Power on the Right" about The Liberty Lobby, The

American Security Council and perhaps even The John Birch Society, going strictly on memory for now.

Here is the Name Index for Power on the Right from Namebase.org....

This list reminded me how I first came up with my starting point for researching persons suspected

of complicity in the JFK hit. Daniel Brandt once had a cross-reference feature where you could

input 2 book titles and then produce the common list of names referenced in both indexes. I chose

"Power on the Right" and perhaps Peter Dale Scott's "Dallas and Beyond" as I recall and the working

list of about 50 names served as the starting point for my whole odyssey. And nothing has caused

me to stray from that original path.

My advice would be to go back to basics. Roll the clock back to the 1965-1970 time frame, and

reconstruct the list of fifty plotters from Turner and Scott then see what has been discovered

since that period. These Fifty Fascists were on the original Most Wanted List and they should

have always been on your Most Wanted Lists. Temporarily put on blinders regarding either

their political party, their military or intelligence affiliations or their role as scape goater, plotter,

perpetrator or puff-piece promulgators. Just look at them as people who were united in common

cause against JFK. They might be anti-Communist, anti-Catholic, anti-Colored, anti-Canaanite and/or

anti-CIA and some of them might actually be all five of these as well. They were chosen to carry

out their piece of the puzzle because of their vitriolic hatred of JFK and because many of them

were either in private industry or retired or resigned from public service or the military. Many

of them had suffered some major ignominious career-changing clash with either FDR, Truman or

JFK and that is why they were so dedicated to their dreams of revenge.

Put these folks into categories as either ex-McCarthyites, ex-MacArthurites, or ex-Military or sort

them by military branch or intelligence agency. They were all from The Right, they were all

Powerful and they had no qualms about exercising their lust for power and influence by any

means necessary. You can also categorize them as Religious Right, Publishing Right, Military

Right, Economic Right, etc.

Within this list are the Top Fifty Fascists who conspired to eliminate JFK from the face of the earth.

Most of the rest knew about the plot, totally agreed with it and effected one or more segments

of the entire puzzle as their contribution.

Name index for Turner,W. Power on the Right. 1971

ACORD JOHN D (162-4)

ADAMS PAUL B (207)

AINSWORTH KATHY (55-6)

ALGER BRUCE (160)

ALLEN JAMES B (D-AL) (164)

ALLEN RICHARD VINCENT (212)

AMERICAN CENTER EDUCATION (166)

AMERICAN COUNCIL WORLD FREEDOM (213)

AMERICAN LOBBY (164)

AMERICAN NAZI PARTY (113)

AMERICAN SECURITY COUNCIL (172, 176, 183-4, 192-3, 199-214)

AMERICAN VOLUNTEER GROUP (110-1)

AMERICANS CONSTITUTIONAL ACTION (184)

AMERICANS NATIONAL SECURITY (165-6)

AMYX HURST (166)

ANDERSON THOMAS J (33)

ANDREWS STANLEY M (165)

APP AUSTIN J (163)

ARCHAMBAULT BENNETT (208)

ARNETT GEORGE (83)

ATKINSON JAMES D (205, 208)

BADHAM ROBERT (37, 45)

BAGWELL ROBERT (80-1, 87)

BANCROFT CLAYTON (127-8)

BANISTER W GUY (72, 95-7)

BARNETT ROSS R (57)

BAUGH JACK (226)

BEALLE MORRIS A (146)

BENSON GEORGE STUART (184)

BENSON IVOR (165)

BERRY ROBERT W (43)

BISHOP JIM (HEARST CORP) (181)

BOGGS HALE (185)

BOUSCAREN ANTHONY T (182)

BOWERS SAMUEL HOLLOWAY (55)

BRADLEY EDGAR EUGENE (106, 121)

BRADY THOMAS P (154)

BRENNAN PHILIP (158)

BREWSTER OWEN (R-ME) (156)

BRIBBS ROMAN (229)

BROOKS JERRY MILTON (70-2, 82-3, 95)

BROWN HENRY FLOYD (83-5)

BROWN JULIA (32)

BROWN ROBERT KENNETH (106-8)

BROWNING GORDON M (225)

BUCKLEY JAMES LANE (249)

BUCKLEY WILLIAM F JR (181, 248)

BUNDY EDGAR C (134-40)

BURNS FRITZ (193)

BURPO C W (142)

BURROS DANIEL (88)

BUTLER EDWARD SCANNELL (171, 185-8)

BYERS LOUIS T (163)

CALDWELL TAYLOR (151, 157)

CAPELL FRANK A (141, 189)

CARDINAL MINDSZENTY FOUNDATION (179, 183)

CAREY JOSEPH RAYMOND (103-4)

CARROLL MARK K (22)

CARSWELL G HARROLD (159)

CARTO WILLIS ALLISON (46, 79, 145-67, 252)

CASSESE JOHN J (222-3, 229-31)

CHANDLER ALEXANDER (115)

CHENNAULT CLAIRE LEE (135)

CHRISTIAN ANTI-COMMUNIST CRUSADE (23, 130, 178)

CHRISTIAN DEFENSE LEAGUE (101-5)

CHURCH LEAGUE AMERICA (134-40)

CHURNS MICHAEL (223)

CLARK MARK W (GEN) (32)

CLEMMONS JACK D (225)

COBERLY WILLIAM (193)

COHN ROY MARCUS (137, 179)

COMPARET BERTRAND L (101)

CONSIDINE BOB (181)

COOGAN JOHN E (180)

COOMBS TED (235)

COTTEN RICHARD B (79, 163, 165)

COULTER RICHARD (127)

COUNCIL FOREIGN RELATIONS (79)

COURTNEY KENT (21, 33)

COURTNEY PHOEBE (33)

CRANE PHILIP M (R-IL) (31)

CRIPPEN JOHN K (201)

CROMMELIN JOHN G (101, 163)

CROWLEY DALE (128)

CUSHING RICHARD CARDINAL (22)

DALL CURTIS B (21, 79, 154-5, 165)

DAVIS EDWARD M (221)

DE LOACH CARTHA D (DEKE) (242)

DE PUGH JOHN (86-7)

DE PUGH RAMONA (87)

DE PUGH ROBERT BOLIVAR (65-99, 110-1)

DEL VALLE PEDRO A (163)

DENNISON ROBERT LEE (ADM) (208)

DIRKSEN EVERETT M (R-IL) (185)

DOBRIANSKY LEV E (204)

DOCKSAI RONALD F (252)

DODD THOMAS J (D-CT) (203)

DODSON LEE (21, 164)

DOLE ROBERT J (R-KS) (209)

DONCHESS STEPHEN L (200)

DRAKE GORDON V (128)

DRAKE WILLIAM H (157)

DRENNAN STANLEY L (106-7)

DU BERRIER HILAIRE (24)

DUGGAN KEN (111-3)

DUQUE HENRY (208)

EAST ASIAN RESEARCH INSTITUTE (181)

EASTLAND JAMES O (159, 240)

EDDY TERREL R (104)

EDWARDS LEE (188, 213, 241)

EDWARDS WILLARD (42)

EMERSON EARL A (185)

ENTHOVEN ALAIN CHARLES (206)

ERNSBERGER DONALD C (252)

ERQUIAGA JUAN (104)

ETTINGER EDWARD E (178)

EVERSHARP COMPANY (174)

FAGAN MYRON (79)

FAUBUS ORVAL (57)

FENSTERWALD BERNARD JR (BUD) (60)

FERGUS JOHN F (189)

FERRIE DAVID WILLIAM (96-7)

FIRE POLICE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION (224-5, 234)

FISHER JOHN M (200-1, 209-13)

FLOOD DANIEL J (D-PA) (165)

FORD FOUNDATION (166)

FORT WILLIAM E (43)

FRANK NORMAN (230)

FRANKHOUSER ROY EVERETT (61-2, 87-8)

FRAWLEY PATRICK J JR (171-95, 208, 212)

FREE PACIFIC ASSOCIATION (180-1)

FREED JAMES W (111)

GALE WILLIAM POTTER (102, 109)

GALVIN ROBERT WILLIAM (206, 212)

GARELIK SANFORD D (229)

GARLAND WILLIAM H (101-3)

GARRETT WILLIAM (77)

GATLIN MAURICE BROOKS (95, 97)

GILBERT KEITH DWAYNE (104)

GILL WILLIAM J (204)

GIVENS ROYCE L (234)

GOFF KENNETH (78-9, 88, 154)

GOURLEY JOAN (86-7)

GREB GORDEN (88)

GREEN SAMUEL (53)

GRIFFIN G EDWARD (27, 30)

GROSS H.R. (R-IA) (240)

GURNEY EDWARD J (160)

HALL LORAN EUGENE (105-6)

HANNON ROBERT (226)

HARGIS BILLY JAMES (21, 33, 130-4)

HARRINGTON JOHN J (217, 226, 235-6)

HARRIS ROY V (57)

HART E EDGERTON (140)

HART MERWIN K (165)

HARVEY PAUL (CPB) (175)

HARWICK E S (193)

HATCH ROBERT I (89)

HAYNSWORTH CLEMENT F JR (159)

HEALY CLETUS (182)

HEARNES WARREN (213)

HICKS LOUISE DAY (226)

HICKS W B (153-4)

HOILES RAYMOND CYRUS (41-2, 251)

HOLSTINE WILLARD NOBLE (103)

HOLT NORRIS B (152)

HOOD CLIFFORD F (208)

HOOPER CYRIL W (201)

HOOVER J EDGAR (94, 239-44)

HORSFALL MARY RUTH (86)

HORSFALL VICTOR (77, 86)

HOUGHTON TROY (81-2, 99)

HUBER ROBERT (252)

HUNT HAROLDSON LAFAYETTE (42, 173)

HUSTED RAITHBY ROOSEVELT (82)

ICHORD RICHARD H (203, 214)

INFORMATION COUNCIL AMERICAS (171-2, 185-8)

INFORMATION DIGEST (139-40)

INSTITUTE DEFENSE ANALYSES (17)

ISON JACK E (200)

JACKSON CHARLES DOUGLAS (188)

JACKSON GLENN (ORANGE CA) (111)

JOHN BIRCH SOCIETY (21-34)

JOHNSON GUY (97)

JUDD WALTER H (R-MN) (203, 212-3)

JUNG HARRY A (201)

KEENAN JOHN G (138)

KEMPER JAMES S (208)

KENDALL WILLIAM H (208)

KENT TYLER GATEWOOD (154)

KERNODLE JAMES (80, 87)

KERR HENRY W (234)

KERSHNER HOWARD E (141-2)

KIRK CLAUDE ROY JR (238)

KIRK RUSSELL AMOS (42)

KLEIN HERBERT G (214)

KLUCKHOHN FRANK (213)

KNOTT WALTER B (43, 193)

KNOWLAND WILLIAM F (204)

KOEHL MATT (113)

KOHLY MARIO GARCIA (155-6)

KU KLUX KLAN (51-62)

KUTNER LOUIS (188, 241)

KY NGUYEN CAO (120-1)

LAINO LEON (224)

LAMBIE WILLIAM K JR (200, 202, 212)

LANGHORST OLLIE (213)

LARSON MARTIN A (158)

LAUCHLI RICHARD JR (68-9, 74)

LEE FITZHUGH (213)

LEMAY CURTIS E (GEN) (205, 207)

LEWIS DALLAS BEDFORD (25, 124)

LEWIS FULTON III (128)

LIBERTY LOBBY (145-67, 251)

LINDSTROM PAUL D (33-4)

LIU DANIEL S.C. (221)

LOESCH FRANK J (134)

LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT (25)

LOWMAN MYERS G (131)

LUCE CLARE BOOTHE (212)

LUCE HENRY ROBINSON (188)

LUCE PHILLIP ABBOTT (183)

LUCIER JAMES P (212)

LUKENS DONALD E (BUZ R-OH) (182)

LYNCH CONRAD (CONNIE) (101)

LYONS CHARLTON H (193)

LYONS DANIEL (42, 180-4)

MACEACHERN RICHARD (228)

MADDOX LESTER (21, 33)

MANION CLARENCE (33, 181, 183)

MANION GINA (181)

MARDIAN ROBERT CHARLES (249)

MARTIN JACK S (GUY BANISTER AIDE) (96, 98)

MATTHEWS JOSEPH BROWN (137)

MATTHEWS RUTH I (138)

MCBIRNIE W STEUART (23, 193)

MCCARTHY JOHN (CAPT) (34)

MCCLELLAN JOSEPH (240)

MCCORMICK ROBERT R (COL) (200)

MCINTIRE CARL (119-30)

MCNAMARA FRANCIS J (250)

MERRITT MAX (179)

MILLER CARLTON W (SGT) (57)

MINUTEMEN (65-90)

MITCHELL JOHN N (249)

MONTGOMERY ED (237)

MOORE CHARLES E JR (237-8)

MOORE NORMAN H (224)

MORAN RICHARD B (165)

MOREEL BEN (207)

MORGAN R.L. (140)

MORRIS ROBERT (B.1915-09-30) (44, 162, 166, 175, 184, 208)

MOSELEY C C (193)

MOWER DENNIS PATRICK (81, 99-100, 109, 189)

MUNDT KARL E (R-SD) (185, 240)

MURCHISON CLINT WILLIAM SR (94, 240)

MURPHY GEORGE L (R-CA) (190-1, 252)

NATIONAL CRIME INFORMATION CENTER (243)

NATIONAL GOALS INC (140)

NATIONAL RIGHT WORK COMMITTEE (180)

NOEBEL DAVID (133)

NORMAN JOSE (32)

NORRIS JOHN M (128-9)

OCHSNER ALTON (172, 185)

ODIO SILVIA (105)

OLIVER REVILO PENDLETON (26, 132, 145, 163)

OTEPKA OTTO F (21, 147, 161-2, 204, 250-1)

PAISLEY IAN SR (126)

PAN STEPHEN C.Y. (180-1)

PARSELL CARL (231-5)

PASQUILLO LORENZO (105)

PASSMAN OTTO (159)

PATRICK WILLIAM PENN (79, 124)

PAWLEY WILLIAM D (205)

PEREZ LEANDER (57)

PEW J HOWARD (166)

PEYSON WALTER PATRICK (65-6, 74, 77, 82, 85)

PHILBRICK HERBERT A (183, 185)

PHILLIPS LEO (164)

PIPER KENNETH M (200)

PITTMAN R.CARTER (132)

POLLOCK HOWARD W (161)

POMEROY EUGENE C (152)

POOL JOE (54)

POSSONY STEFAN THOMAS (183, 208, 213)

POTITO OREN F (101)

POWER THOMAS S (GEN) (172, 207, 213)

PRATLER JOHN (76)

PRUSSION KARL (153)

RAFFERTY MAX (46-7, 160, 189)

RARICK JOHN R (21, 32-3, 119, 159, 165-6)

RAYE MARTHA (32)

REAGAN RONALD W (191-3, 247-8)

REEVES JOHN W (166)

RICHARDSON WARREN S (159)

RICHTER CHARLES E (124)

RIVERS L MENDEL (159, 206)

RIZZO FRANK L (228)

ROBERTSON CHARLES F (140-1)

ROBNETT GEORGE WASHINGTON (134)

ROCKWELL GEORGE LINCOLN (76, 88, 94, 102, 113)

ROMERO ROBERT (103)

ROONEY JOHN J (D-NY) (240)

ROOT E MERRILL (32)

ROSTOW WALT WHITMAN (251)

ROTHBARD MURRAY N (252)

ROURKE JAMES (226)

ROUSSELOT JOHN H (24-5, 32, 193)

ROWE H EDWARD (141)

RUBEL A CY (192)

SALVATORI HENRY J (191-2, 194)

SCHICK RAZOR COMPANY (172, 203-4)

SCHLAFLY J FRED (172, 179)

SCHLAFLY PHYLLIS (179, 181, 191, 204)

SCHLAMM WILLIAM S (28)

SCHLAPIA ADELBERT HAROLD (103)

SCHMITZ JOHN G (31-2, 46)

SCHRIEVER BERNARD A (GEN) (207)

SCHUYLER GEORGE (183)

SCHWARZ FREDERICK CHARLES (23, 130, 178-9)

SCHWEIKER RICHARD S (R-PA) (217)

SECREST CHARLES (133)

SHARP GRANT (32)

SHEARER WILLIAM K (157)

SHELTON ROBERT M (54, 61)

SHIFFLET HAROLD (164)

SHIRER WILLIAM L (253-4)

SILLS ARTHUR J (75)

SKOUSEN W CLEON (24, 44, 178, 200)

SMITH GERALD L.K. (78, 100, 140)

SMITH H.ALLEN (FBI/HUAC) (240)

SMOOT DAN (HOWARD D.) (33, 124)

SOMMERFORD AL (82)

SOURWINE JULIEN (JAY) (147, 159, 161)

STANG ALAN (24)

STANLEY SCOTT JR (30)

STEELE ARTHUR (127-8)

STEINBACHER JOHN (165)

STENVIG CHARLES (229)

STONE WILLIS E (31)

STRATEMEYER GEORGE E (GEN) (153)

STRAUSS LEWIS L (207)

SWIFT WESLEY A (100-3, 109)

SWIM DUDLEY (185)

TAMM QUINN (238-9, 244)

TARRANTS THOMAS ALBERT III (55-6)

TAYLOR JANET (MINUTEMEN) (86)

TECHNICOLOR CORPORATION (173-4)

TELLER EDWARD (208)

THAYER MERLE (79)

THOMAS LOWELL (B.1892) (32)

THURMOND STROM (R-SC) (159, 161)

TIFER PATRICK (114)

TODT GEORGE (166)

TOUCHSTONE NED (157)

TRACY STANLEY J (200)

TROHAN WALTER J (213)

TUTTLE HOLMES P (191)

TWIN CIRCLE NEWSPAPER (181-3)

TWINING NATHAN F (GEN) (207)

UTT JAMES B (46, 158, 161)

VAN BUSKIRK R G (164)

VENABLE JAMES K (54-5)

VON ZELL HARRY (43, 46, 165)

WALKER EDWIN A (GEN) (26-7, 110)

WARD CHESTER N (ADM) (44, 204)

WARD HUGH F (95, 97)

WARNER JAMES K (113)

WARREN RICHARD (188)

WATSON ALBERT W (159)

WATTS CLYDE (133-4)

WAYNE JOHN (32)

WEDEMEYER ALBERT C (GEN) (207)

WELCH MARIAN PROBERT (29)

WELCH ROBERT H.W. (22-34)

WESTERFIELD REX (24)

WESTMORELAND WILLIAM C (GEN) (212-3)

WHEAT G CLINTON (104, 109)

WHITE CITIZENS COUNCILS (57)

WHITE OPAL TANNER (140)

WHITE RUSSELL E (200)

WIGNER EUGENE P (208)

WILLS GARRY (187)

WISE HENRY (228)

WOLLSTEIN JARRET B (252)

WOOD ROBERT E (GEN) (200)

WRIGHT LOYD (44, 193, 207)

WYMAN LOUIS C (161)

YOCKEY FRANCIS PARKER (147-9)

YORTY SAM W (194)

YOUNG AMERICANS FREEDOM (184)

ZEMENIK JOHN (110-1)

ZIMBALIST EFREM JR (241)

If Bill Turner happens to be reading this thread, I hope he will consider the idea that much more investigation into JFK close friends Bill Walton and Charles Leffingwell Bartlett needs to be done.

Walton was an "old friend" of Gladys Byfield Tartiere, owner of Glen Ora, and Tartiere's ex was both the mentor of Patrick Hoy's career and, like Walton, a European theater war correspondent (for Hearst). Tartiere' son, Ernie Byfield Jr. OSS SI, was married first to the sister of Rionda Braga's (Braga was mentioned in "The Fish is Red") first cousin's wife, and then to the Italian Countess who would later become Robert McNamara's wife. GHW Bush walked Edward G. Hooker's daughter down the aisle when she married

Braga's son. Hooker was Bush's boarding school roommate and step-nephew and business partner of George de Mohrenschildt. After Susan Butler Hooker's divorce from Braga's son,

she married Michael Ainslie, protege of McKinsey exec. John D. Macomber, brother of William B. Macomber Jr., the spouse of John Foster Dulles's personal secretary, best man in the Jupiter Island wedding of Bush oil exploration partner and ex-CIA agent, Thomas J. Devine. William Macomber witnessed JFK's senate swearing in ceremony as a guest of Prescott Bush, ingratiated himself to JFK and became his ambassafor to Jordan, and was Nixon's ambassador to Turkey at the time of Devine's 1973 wedding.

Willam Macomber was picked by C. Douglas Dillon to be president of the NY Met Museum of Art, during the period when Michael Ainslie was presdient of Sotheby's auction house.

Willaim's brother John D. Macomber is partnered today with GW Bush's first cousin in Athena Health. Ainslie and John Macomber are named now in stockholder suits as directors of the failed

Lehman Bros.

Bartlett's father committed suicide at his Juptier Island (aka Hobe Sound) home and his brother David was an usher in this wedding:

… ; Has 9 Attendants at Marriage to William B. Meyer, Who Served in '...

New York Times - Dec 19, 1948

The usher were Cord Meyer Jr., another brother; Willetts Meyer. cousin of the bridegroom; David F. Bartlett of Hobo Sound, Fla.; Robert Watts of Mount Kisco ...

Willetts Meyer was the first cousin of Cord Meyer Jr. and was the best man at Edward G. Hooker's wedding, where GHW Bush was only an usher. Charles Bartlett introduced Jackie to JFK at his brother David's wedding. Charles was a close friend of both Prescott and GHW Bush, presumably knowing them since childhood on Jupiter Island.

Charles Bartlett was close enough to Cord Meyer Jr. to invite Meyer to co-author Bartlett's twice weekly syndicated newspaper column.

Typo: above reference should be Hobe Sound, Florida and not Hobo Sound FWIW

It was reported over the weekend that the CIA director, Leon Panetta, has told the congressional intelligence committees that he has discovered a CIA secret operation that was being run by Dick Cheney. Panetta discovered that information about this program was withheld from Congress. So far, details of this illegal program has not yet been released to the public. However, rumours are suggesting that it might be linked to Seymour Hersh’s claim that Cheney oversaw an “executive assassination ring”.

Is this the reason that Don Bohning/CIA took objection to my article on Operation 40 where I argued that the CIA developed an assassination program in the early 1960s? An assassination program that Carl Jenkins and Chi Chi Quintero confessed had been used on John Kennedy. Maybe the CIA fear that this story will increase interest in previous assassination programs.

It now seems that in 2004, George Tenet terminated a secret program to develop hit teams to kill al-Qaida leaders, but his successors resurrected the plan, according to former intelligence officials. Porter Goss, who replaced Tenet in 2005, restarted the program.

If you remember, Don Bohning quoted an interview with Porter Goss to deny that Operation 40 was a CIA program to kill political figures in Cuba. We can now see why this is still a sensitive subject for those CIA officers who were around in the early 1960s.