The Education Forum

Olmstead requests info on Hemming's papers

James Olmstead posted the following on alt.assassination.jfk the other day:

(He is now aware Hemming is dead, but is still requesting info

on Hemming's records/files/papers or info on the Sandio Movement. [sandino?]

<quote on>

The group inside Cuba during 1963... Sandio Movement for the Liberation

of Nicaragua....is critical to my research over the last 5 years

concerning Oswald and his trip to Mexico.

I'm deeply involved in editing my "Cuban Shadows" material and in the

process found files that are critical to my work at this time.

I had disregarded this material, because of the primary source (Hemming)

and the failure to confirm aspects of some of the material, however, I had

added a great deal of material, while in Texas May and June of this year

and this old file now fits into the picture much better (missing puzzle

piece so to speak).

I can't remember if Hemming is still alive, or how to contact him, if

alive and would like to do so. If not with Hemming, anyone who now has

his files and papers.

Any information on the group or info on Hemming would be welcomed.

Thank in advance

James K. Olmstead

<quote off>

His email is jolmstead@neo.rr.com

Regards,

Peter Fokes,

Toronto

Glad to see he's back on the job and not mooching around like he's retired or sumthin'!

The name of the group was "Sandino's Movement" and was the fore-runner to the Sandinistas. As such, it's probably one of the "dots" that helps connect a string of events over 3 decades.

Glad to see he's back on the job and not mooching around like he's retired or sumthin'!

The name of the group was "Sandino's Movement" and was the fore-runner to the Sandinistas. As such, it's probably one of the "dots" that helps connect a string of events over 3 decades.

Greg, this is a bit off-topic, but I recently tried to read Olmstead's writings on your website. When I googled "reopen JFK" however, and your website came up, it came up with a warning saying "This site may harm your computer." What's that about? Has the problem been fixed? I'm doing some research on the fingerprints, and was trying to build upon Olmstead's articles. But I can't risk my computer to do so.

Thanks, Pat

Greg, this is a bit off-topic, but I recently tried to read Olmstead's writings on your website. When I googled "reopen JFK" however, and your website came up, it came up with a warning saying "This site may harm your computer." What's that about? Has the problem been fixed? I'm doing some research on the fingerprints, and was trying to build upon Olmstead's articles. But I can't risk my computer to do so.

Thanks, Pat

Pat,

the site was hacked and is beyond saving. Am building another site and some of, but not all of Jim's work is back up.

Scroll through here:

http://reopenkennedycase.weebly.com/featured-essays.html

If what you want is not there yet, I'm sure Jim would be amenable to helping if you drop him an email.

Thanks, Pat

Pat,

the site was hacked and is beyond saving. Am building another site and some of, but not all of Jim's work is back up.

Scroll through here:

http://reopenkennedycase.weebly.com/featured-essays.html

If what you want is not there yet, I'm sure Jim would be amenable to helping if you drop him an email.

Sorry to hear that. Any idea who hacked the site? Any idea how they did it?

From : http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...p;hl=sandinista

1961 The FSLN was founded by José Carlos Fonseca Amador, Silvio Mayorga, Tomás Borge Martínez and others as The National Liberation Front (FLN). The term "Sandinista" was added two years later, by establishing continuity with Sandino’s movement.

1962 Migration of Cuban dispossessed to other Latin American countries, including Costa Rica mentioned by Fidel Castro.

José Carlos Fonseca Amador was in Cuba during the October 1962 “missile” crisis

1967 Che murdered

1969 the jailed Sandinista leader José Carlos Fonseca Amador rescued from his prison in Costa Rica. José Carlos Fonseca Amador was re-captured shortly after, but after a plane carrying executives from the United Fruit Company was hijacked by the FSLN, he was freed and allowed to travel to Cuba.

early 1970s, the FSLN had gained enough support from peasants and students groups to launch limited military initiatives.

1972, a powerful earthquake levelled the capital city, Managua. Anastasio Somoza Debayle's National Guard embezzled much of the international aid that flowed into the country to assist in reconstruction, and several parts of downtown Managua were never rebuilt. The president's ability to take advantage of the people's suffering proved enormous. By some estimates, his personal wealth soared to US$400 million in 1974. This overt corruption caused even people who had previously supported the regime, such as business leaders, to turn against Somoza and call for his overthrow.

1974 a guerrilla group seizes government hostages at a private Managua party, among them several leading Nicaraguan officials and Somoza relatives. The guerrillas received US$1 million ransom, had an official communiqué read over the radio and printed in the newspaper La Prensa, and succeeded in getting fourteen Sandinista prisoners released from jail and flown to Cuba along with the kidnappers. One of the released prisioners was Daniel Ortega Saavedra, who would later become the president of Nicaragua (1985-1990). The Somoza government responded with further censorship, intimidation, torture, and murder.

Bruce Jones establishes his base in Costa Rica

1975 Anastasio Somoza Debayle imposed a state of siege, censoring the press, and threatening all opponents with detention and torture. Somoza's National Guard increased its violence against individuals and communities suspected of collaborating with the Sandinistas.

1975 FSLN leader and founder José Carlos Fonseca Amador had returned to Nicaragua in from his exile in Cuba.

1976 José Carlos Fonseca Amador's group were betrayed by a peasant who informed the National Guard that they were in the area. The guerrilla group was ambushed and José Carlos Fonseca Amador was wounded. The next morning José Carlos Fonseca Amador was shot. (just like Che)

1977 "El Grupo de los Doce", known as the "Twelve", a group of prominent Nicaraguan professionals, business leaders, and clergymen allied to the Terceristas, was formed in Costa Rica. The main idea was to organize a provisional government from Costa Rica.

1979 FSLN triumph