The Education Forum

Dominick Dunne

I think he knew Jackie after the White House. He may have written about the RFK assassination. He had an interesting, up-and-down Hollywood life, with the great low point of his daughter's sad murder. RIP, DD.

I remember him as an arrogant know-nothing jerk commenting with "great authority" on OJ Simpson's guilt.

Jack

I think he knew Jackie after the White House. He may have written about the RFK assassination. He had an interesting, up-and-down Hollywood life, with the great low point of his daughter's sad murder. RIP, DD.

I remember him as an arrogant know-nothing jerk commenting with "great authority" on OJ Simpson's guilt.

Jack

This may explain his attitude towards OJ's guilt. He certainly wasn't the most fair minded reporter and this was likely due to the rage he harbored as the result of his daughters murder.

This quote is from 1990. Five years before the OJ Simpson circus.

Tragedy struck his life in 1982 when his actress daughter, Dominique, was slain — and that experience informed his fiction and his journalistic efforts from then on.

"If you go through what I went through, losing my daughter, you have strong, strong feelings of revenge," Dunne said in 1990 in discussing his novel "People Like Us," in which the protagonist shoots the man convicted of killing his daughter.

"As a novelist, I could create a situation in which I could do in the book what I couldn't do in real life. I intended for Gus (the character in the book) to kill the guy. But when I got to that part I couldn't write it. He wounds him and goes to prison himself for a couple of years."

Edited by Terry Mauro

[

Well, I do remember that DD wrote about his suspicions that OJ's son did the murders. Really - that was in DD's coverage for Vanity Fair.

I've seen the photos, and that's an awful lot of knife work for one man, even if it was one victim at a time.

Remember, I said "interesting," not "fair." And that's as much as I gave Teddy, too

Jack

This may explain his attitude towards OJ's guilt. He certainly wasn't the most fair minded reporter and this was likely due to the rage he harbored as the result of his daughters murder.

This quote is from 1990. Five years before the OJ Simpson circus.

Tragedy struck his life in 1982 when his actress daughter, Dominique, was slain — and that experience informed his fiction and his journalistic efforts from then on.

"If you go through what I went through, losing my daughter, you have strong, strong feelings of revenge," Dunne said in 1990 in discussing his novel "People Like Us," in which the protagonist shoots the man convicted of killing his daughter.

"As a novelist, I could create a situation in which I could do in the book what I couldn't do in real life. I intended for Gus (the character in the book) to kill the guy. But when I got to that part I couldn't write it. He wounds him and goes to prison himself for a couple of years."

Terry...please watch the video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=79...46122795&hl

Jack