The Education Forum

JBC's Shoulder

What's the black strip extending over Jackie's left arm?

Certainly not JBC's shoulder.

Certainly not something through the side window.

Certainly not Nellie.

Appears as if someone needed JBC in a certain position, as they emerged from behind the Stemmon's sign.

This stabilized version might lend a hand.

http://98.155.2.54:8400/0D884/JBC_Shoulder.mov

chris

Chris, there was/is a framework separating the front seat from the rest of the passenger compartment in SS-100-X...similar to what is called a "targa band" on some more modern cars. The band appears to have a glass component to it, allowing the band to obstruct the view of the driver and other vehicle occupants as little as possible.

Try this image for a better view:

Photo of SS-100-X

I think this will answer your question.

Mark,

I don't see anything that should interfere with Jackie's pink sleeve.

From Z's position, her sleeve should be a continuous pink line which intersects (at the least) the top seat hand rails. That black band sleeve is above the rails and moving, as is JBC's shoulder is toward Z.

chris

Chris, I was referring to the vertical black line in the frame you posted. Were you referring to the wider horizontal line blocking the view of Jackie's left hand? If so, I believe that's JBC's shoulder, as at that point he is already turning his upper torso toward the right door.

Edited by Mark Knight

Mark,

Not the vertical line, the horizontal, which at first glance appears to be part of JBC, but the animation I provided shows it is not.

As JBC turns his torso toward Z, that horizontal black strip is at a different height level.

chris

Chris, I was referring to the vertical black line in the frame you posted. Were you referring to the wider horizontal line blocking the view of Jackie's left hand? If so, I believe that's JBC's shoulder, as at that point he is already turning his upper torso toward the right door.
Edited by Chris Davidson

Mark,

Not the vertical line, the horizontal, which at first glance appears to be part of JBC, but the animation I provided shows it is not.

As JBC turns his torso toward Z, that horizontal black strip is at a different height level.

chris

Ok Chris now i see what you are refering too.

My first thought was, is it Jackies large black handbag on her lap falling to the floor as she turns to her right. ?

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin,

Where are the light colored purse handles/straps?

chris

Thats a good point.

In the photo below you can also see Nellies hand bag.

was she carrying it on her lap.

Could it have fallen down between the two jump seats, as she leaned forward to help her husband, who at this point appears to be in some distress.

I'm just speculating Chris.

what do you think the dark line is. ?

Edited by Robin Unger

Robin,

I think it's a bad edit job.

Such as the coat flap in these successive frames.

chris

Thanks Chris.

As you are probably aware chris i don't beleive the Z-frames have been altered !

otherwise why leave in the ( Back and to the left ) which leads so many to assume there must have been a shot from the front.

( Hence two shooters / Conspiracy )

Robin,

I know you believe the film has not been altered.

Perhaps too much time has been spent (within the Z film) on JFK and not JBC.

What do you think of the coat flap movement in successive frames, along with the ability to see Jackie's right arm pink sleeve through JBC's dark suit in

those same successive frames?

Refer to the movie.

View at full size.

I'd like to know what properties of photography allow this to occur?

I refer to it as a felt tip pen phenomenon.

chris

Robin,

I know you believe the film has not been altered.

Perhaps too much time has been spent (within the Z film) on JFK and not JBC.

What do you think of the coat flap movement in successive frames, along with the ability to see Jackie's right arm pink sleeve through JBC's dark suit in

those same successive frames?

Refer to the movie.

View at full size.

I'd like to know what properties of photography allow this to occur?

I refer to it as a felt tip pen phenomenon.

chris

Chris

I grabbed the "two frames" that you are using in your Quicktime mov

Edited by Robin Unger