The Education Forum

The Unbearable Hypocrisy of Being…a DPF Founder

Len Colby

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. It has been proven repeatedly that threads or posts were not removed or censored (except when they violated Forum rules)......

I personally know this to be a disingenuous statement based upon my experiences with you on this Forum.

Michael, could you cite an example of this? I don't think it is true but am always willing to admit error if I am wrong.

Correct. It has been proven repeatedly that threads or posts were not removed or censored (except when they violated Forum rules)......

I personally know this to be a disingenuous statement based upon my experiences with you on this Forum.

Michael, could you cite an example of this? I don't think it is true but am always willing to admit error if I am wrong.

Back in April – May 2008 Mike in I got in to a rather nasty exchange over his favorite topic, my typos and spelling/grammar errors. See the 1st linked thread. You made BOTH of our posts ‘invisible’. Even though we were treated equally Mike interpreted this as some sort of attack on him and sign of bias on your part. He claimed you “chastised him” simply because you told him to “stop bickering” You advised John and since he didn’t overrule apparently agreed. Mike has bitched and moaned about this a few times and even claimed you were trying to “intimidate” him.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...st&p=144758

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...lite=%2Bdeleted

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...te=%2Binvisible

Guest Gary Loughran
And yet you won't allow a non-member to view your site. How open!

No. The DPF allow non members to view their site. The DPF just don't like stalkers watching every move of some of their members for hours and hours almost every day. They have many visitors from the EF but not all of them stalk.

As a matter of interest, how are you able to identify Evan to block his IP (I understand it would be easy to identify a Brazil IP)? furthermore how do you know who is visiting your site from the Education Forum?

No. The DPF allow non members to view their site. The DPF just don't like stalkers watching every move of some of their members for hours and hours almost every day. They have many visitors from the EF but not all of them stalk.

As a matter of interest, how are you able to identify Evan to block his IP (I understand it would be easy to identify a Brazil IP)? furthermore how do you know who is visiting your site from the Education Forum?

With moderate traffic it would require a monitoring of her board logs so intense as to perhaps qualify as 'stalking'. With very little traffic it would be easier. Not sure which applies.

uh-huh... yeah, sure

Michael... great to see a post from you... you've been missed. Hope all is well!

David

Guest Gary Loughran

With moderate traffic it would require a monitoring of her board logs so intense as to perhaps qualify as 'stalking'. With very little traffic it would be easier. Not sure which applies.

I understand that, Andy - actually it would be a piece of piss to script something cheap and nasty which could easily audit the logs - for IPs durations, DPF username, EF username if known, irrespective of volume of traffic.

My implied question, which you missed, is where do the username identifiable IP's to facilitate the monitoring come from?

Are IPs routinely visible to ordinary members/visitors on the Education Forum and therefore readily available for intelligence gathering and comparative use by the DPF? If so, then that's the answer to my question.

If not then how can one know with absolute certainty that a visitor to the DPF is a member of the Education Forum?

I understand that, Andy - actually it would be a piece of piss to script something cheap and nasty which could easily audit the logs - for IPs durations, DPF username, EF username if known, irrespective of volume of traffic.

My implied question, which you missed, is where do the username identifiable IP's to facilitate the monitoring come from?

That's interesting - but to your first point - no it wouldn't!! Happy for you to prove me wrong here by authoring said 'piece of piss' - good luck!. Your second question doesn't make a great deal of sense either. However if the DPF is set up on a similar lines to this forum then it is possible for administrators to view the IPs of individual members and guests should they wish to (I assume that 'Mowgli' is an administrator of the DPF). Members are easy to track - guests harder - unless of course you have very few of them. Why you should want to then ban a 'guest' on the hunch that it might be that well known 'public nuisance' Evan is beyond me. :D

Members and guests of course cannot see IPs nor can they be enabled to do so.

That's interesting - but to your first point - no it wouldn't!! Happy for you to prove me wrong here by authoring said 'piece of piss' - good luck!. Your second question doesn't make a great deal of sense either. However if the DPF is set up on a similar lines to this forum then it is possible for administrators to view the IPs of individual members and guests should they wish to (I assume that 'Mowgli' is an administrator of the DPF). Members are easy to track - guests harder - unless of course you have very few of them. Why you should want to then ban a 'guest' on the hunch that it might be that well known 'public nuisance' Evan is beyond me. :D

Members and guests of course cannot see IPs nor can they be enabled to do so.

My guess is that "she" was simply referring to people to people who clicked on links to there from here. I was easy because of my Brazilian IP and because I used term 'colby' on the search engine. Evan's IP is probably RAN and imagine he might have searched his own name as well.

Yesterday I got in contact with Vlaudin Vega who “Maggie”/”Magda” claimed was “her” husband or perhaps now her “ex” ‘she’ was vague and had good reason to.

Mr. Vega,

In September 2008 a woman who had previously called herself “Maggie Hansen” started calling herself “Magda Hassan”. When asked about the change she implied, but did not say outright, that this was due to her getting married. In December 2007 however she said you were her husband. The only way this makes sense is if the two of you were divorced sometime after 13/12/07 and she married “Mr. Hassan” sometime before 13/07/08. Normally I would not care about such matters but previously she had repeatedly pressed me to prove my identity. Can you shed any light on this?

Yours,

Len

It did not take him long to get back to me:

Dear Len

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have no idea who this woman is.

Can you please give more info in regards to this; please.

Regards.

At this point I’m not even sure if “Maggie” is really a woman or if the details "she" has told us about "herself" are true. What I’m sure of is that hypocritically the members of the DPF who repeatedly insisted that I “prove” whom I was will NOT even question “her” about this.

I forwarded the message to John, Andy and several moderators for verification and am willing to send it to any administrators from the DPF.

Andy – Can you tell by “her” IP address if “she” is really in Sydney or even Australia? Normally I would not ask a forum moderator to invade a member’s privacy but since “she” was so insistent I had to prove my identity yet has been so dishonest about “hers” this is warranted.

Len

Edited by Len Colby

I would imagine the DPF could determine my IP by looking at all the IPs who had visited, and eliminating all those outside NSW. That would have left very few, if more than one.

Since I have made no secret of my location, and my IP resolves to my geographic region, it would have been pretty easy to block me. Of course, that's assuming I have a static IP (which I do). Even if they couldn't pinpoint me exactly and had a dynamic IP, they just need to block a range of IPs.

Of course, as soon as I move away from my home network, the IP block is ineffective.

Len, internet access from work blocks access to chat sites such as the EF and DPF.

Yesterday she posted from Australia - North Sydney to be precise.

I think privacy is important and details of same shouldn't lightly be given out publicly.

Agreed he replied posting from Dartford in repsonse to Father Peter's posting from Prague :D

Len's post somewhere just above was typical - a 'politely disguised' way of causing dissension and putting salt in old wounds - practically a description of his general activities here.

S/he twice claimed on this forum to be married to some guy who's never heard of "her" and almost certainly is using a false name on the DPF where s/he is an administrator despite the fact that using your real name is a requirement there as it is here. This after s/he and other DPF founders (including you IIRC) made a fuss over me using an obvious webhandle elsewhere. And I'm the bad guy? It seems my prediction that hypocritically the DPF lynch mob will ignore this was correct.