The Education Forum

Muchmore & Bond camera positions ( standing side by side)

Robin Unger

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Request.

Approx 2-Years ago i purchased a full size Dillard showing the Limo at Love Field from Corbis.

I then uploaded it to my geocities website image galleries.

Unfortunately Geocities accidently deleted my account wiping out all my photo's.

I was however able to retrieve most of them from friends, who had downloaded the Corbis images to there hard drives as they were surfing my site.

This is the only crop i have of the original FULL SIZE image i purchased from Corbis.

Ignore the square outline on the chrome trim, i did that.

If anyone managed to snag the original "FULL SIZE" image and saved it, i would greatly appreciate a copy.

Thanks.

10748.jpg

Robin, it's a great image.

I have exactly this one on my disk already. The same name: 10748.jpg. The date i've downloaded it was august 13, 2009.

Don't ask me where i have it from. I forgot it.

Is your Geocities portfolio erased recently? Did i have maybe more you are missing?

Martin

Hi Martin

My original was a High Quality Version of this image.

Note in the image above, that it doesn't show the cars and people who can be seen in the Corbis Crop in the top right hand corner

Martin my Geocities site was erased about a year ago.

Thanks to Duncan i now have a new site.

robin..is this possibly it...?? b..no it is not i will look further robin for the difference in colour...

Edited by Bernice Moore

IS THIS IT...ROBIN... :eek B..

Hi B

The original was the same resolution and color as the Crop i posted.

It was the FULL SIZE image in Black & White and was VERY lARGE

Hi Todd

Looking at the frame ratio of Cancellare, his images are basically SQUARE in format.

The Uncropped shaw image i posted is wide, rectangular in format.

Hi B

Hi Todd

Looking at the frame ratio of Cancellare, his images are basically SQUARE in format.

Robin,

The Cancellare photos are actually not a true square format.

Cancellare 1 is taller than it is wide. I think have a full-framed sized image at home that I will try and find and post.

Cancellare 2 is wider than it is tall.

So it seems Cancellare turned his camera as the scene dictated, like a veteran cameraman would.

Also, as far as Cancellare being identified as Rickerby by Shaw and Harris in Cover-Ups, are you sure about that? What page is that ID?

Thanks.

Todd

Hi B

Hi Todd

Robin,

Cancellare 1 is taller than it is wide. I think have a full-framed sized image at home that I will try and find and post.

So it seems Cancellare turned his camera as the scene dictated, like a veteran cameraman would.

Also, as far as Cancellare being identified as Rickerby by Shaw and Harris in Cover-Ups, are you sure about that? What page is that ID?

Thanks.

Todd

I believe this is wrong. Cancellare was using a square format camera.

Jack

Todd Vaughan wrote:

Robin,

Thanks.

Todd

Jack White wrote:

Jack

Twice in the same thread Todd has to be corrected.... the more things change the more they stay the same, eh? Have you noticed attendance on this board has sharply decreased during the past month or so.... then Todd shows up here THEN Wild Bill Miller makes a half-baked return?

IS THIS IT...ROBIN... :rolleyes: B..

Hi B

Hi Todd

Robin,

Thanks.

Todd

Jack

OK, I could be wrong, but I recall seeing what I thought was the negative for Cacnellare 1 that was taller than it was wide...I'll check and get back to you.

Todd Vaughan wrote:
Robin,

Thanks.

Todd

Jack White wrote:

Jack

Twice in the same thread Todd has to be corrected.... the more things change the more they stay the same, eh? Have you noticed attendance on this board has sharply decreased during the past month or so.... then Todd shows up here THEN Wild Bill Miller makes a half-baked return?

Yeah Dave, imagine that, sometimes I make mistakes.

Todd.

I don't have Shaws "Coverup" but i beleive it is on (page 134)

This is the Email i received from Martin Shakelford approx 2-YEARS AGO

Re the Cancellare (5) photo which Martin has identifird as an Art Rickerby photo.

QUOTE:

It was published in 1975 in Cover-Up by Shaw and Harris, widely read in the research community for years. It was taken well after the shots were fired, as is clear from the fact that all of the motorcade vehicles have already passed. But not a long, long time afterward, as Charles Brehm and his son are still standing on the other side of Elm. The other witnesses on both sides of the street appear to be gone, replaced by new arrivals.

By the way, the photo wasn't taken by Cancellare, but by Art Rickerby. Cancellare and James Murray both took similar views around the same time, but Cancellare's photo doesn't cover as wide a field. I've had them all since the 1970s, when The Collector's Archive obtained proof sheets of the photographers, and was able to correctly identify the photographer in some cases when errors had been previously made.

Looks like only Denis noticed the photo wasn't even a Cancellare. Everyone else was too busy looking for "agents."

Focusing on figures that aren't hopelessly fuzzy, the guy at lower right looks like Altgens.

I'll take someone's word that the pair near the left are Moorman and Featherston, but only the coat and shoes cinch the Moorman ID at that resolution. The guy in the dark suit just to their right looks very familiar--someone local I've seen before, maybe a reporter.

As Richard E. Sprague described the last Cancellare photo, it INCLUDED the Babushka woman. There is another problem. When The Collector's Archives obtained a proof sheet of the photos taken by Cancellare, there were seven of them. Sprague may have only counted the five he though significant, as he often did. The last one does show the crowd, as Gary says, but the Babushka woman is in the crowd, as Sprague reported. Cancellare 7 is attached. The other photo appeared on the Art Rickerby proof sheets from Time-LIFE. I'm afraid that Gary seems to have gotten this one wrong.

Gary is, however, correct that in the Rickerby photo the Babushka woman is out of view on the left somewhere. By the time of the Cancellare photo, she has returned to near the street. That Cancellare was taken shortly after Rickerby is clear from the two young women in front of the white car--in Rickerby, they are in the process of crossing the street.

Martin.

Amazing how that dark object seems to cross the photo just to frame left, left of the rear-view mirror, where a bullet strike might have been visible. What is that? A "stain"? A "water mark"?

Really - what is that dark vertical marking in the large and the cropped Dillard limo interior photo? It coincidentally crosses the driver's side of the windshield...

For some reason, I can't re-up it here.

Edited by David Andrews

Amazing how that dark object seems to cross the photo just to frame left, left of the rear-view mirror, where a bullet strike might have been visible. What is that? A "stain"? A "water mark"?

Really - what is that dark vertical marking in the large and the cropped Dillard limo interior photo? It coincidentally crosses the driver's side of the windshield...

Fender flag in a protective sleeve.....

Fender flag in a protective sleeve.....

I see, thanks. What made me wonder if it was a stain is that, at the uppermost (near the "point"), it seems to take on the horizontals and verticals of the fence line in the background...

+++

Note to mods: I can't upload pictures, or even re-load pictures already uploaded in thread posts above mine. The reply controls always say the picture exceeds the size limit. when the actual size listed is much, much lower than the limit, and also lower than what the error message says it is. Is there a setting I should change?

Edited by David Andrews